Part 1, Chapter 1
• Will Barrett has an episode during which he falls down during a golf game and realizes that he is depressed.
• He resolves to shoot himself.
• Will is playing with his regular partner, Dr. Vance Battle, who recommends that he come see him at his office for an exam.
• After another game of golf on a Sunday, Will drives along a scenic road through the mountains and pulls off next to an overlook.
• He takes a Luger pistol from his glove box and fires it into the gorge five times. He thinks that firing the gun helps him with his episodes.
• When Will gets home after firing the gun in the gorge, he sits in the garage thinking and a rifle shot ricochets through the garage just as he steps out of the car.
• Will realizes that people are never fully themselves anymore and that it is...
This section contains 2,065 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)