|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harold Hill secretly planning for Peter?
(a) He plans to shoot Peter after they capture Damian.
(b) He plans to use Peter as bait.
(c) He plans to send Peter to prison.
(d) He plans to send Peter to the U.S.
2. What does Peter do to Harold Hill?
(a) He turns him over to the authorities.
(b) He lets him go.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He kills him with a machete.
3. What happens to Harold's son Mark?
(a) He is shot to death.
(b) He is killed with a machete.
(c) He runs away into the woods.
(d) He is tied up and locked in a closet.
4. Where does Jane begin the day of May 7?
(a) in the hospital
(b) in an open grave
(c) in a car trunk
(d) in her hotel room
5. What name does the media use for the murders?
(a) Island of Pigs
(b) Bay of Piglets
(c) Rebay of Pigs
(d) Bay of Pigs II
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the authorities search the island for?
2. Who turns Peter over to the police?
3. What is the implication of a casino opening on San Dominica?
4. What is the Grasshopper?
5. Where does the Grasshopper go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Carrie sees herself when she looks into her mirror before leaving the island.
2. What role do the male models Carrie hires play in the Roses' escape plan?
3. What does Carrie tell Clive Lawson that his job is?
4. How are the deaths of Carol Hill and Jane similar?
5. What is Betsy Porte-Smith's role in Carrie's scheme?
6. Does the mafia get what it wants out of the deal with the Roses?
7. Describe Jane when Peter goes to the hospital to see her.
8. Why does Carrie Rose think she can get away with publishing an account of the murders?
9. How does Meral feel toward Peter?
10. Describe the scene outside the church where Jane Cooke's funeral is held.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)