|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Basil's true identity?
(a) Basil is the police chief in disguise.
(b) Basil is an undercover police officer.
(c) Basil is Damian in disguise.
(d) Basil is Carrie in disguise.
2. Who is Damian afraid will track him down?
(a) Harold Hill and Brooks Campbell
(b) Colonel Dred
(d) the San Dominica police
3. What car does Damian drive to Turtle Bay?
(a) a red motorcycle
(b) a green sedan
(c) a gray convertible
(d) a black truck
4. Who arrives to interrogate witnesses?
(a) U.S. Marines
(b) National Guard
(d) U.S. Marshalls
5. What schooner is wrecked off Turtle Bay?
(a) the Isabella Anne
(b) the Tracy Muldoon
(c) the Augusta Marie
(d) the Georgia Caroline
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people participate in the meeting?
2. Who kills Nickie Handy?
3. What does Peter arm himself with?
4. What is Peter doing when he first sees Damian Rose?
5. What does Damian disguise himself as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Peter MacDonald
2. How does Carrie Rose portray her diary when she tries to sell it?
3. Before Damian sets off his bomb at the airport, the book says he's "forced to make a decision." Describe the decision and its consequences.
4. Why does Peter threaten Brooks Campbell?
5. How is the murder on the beach similar to the murder of Francis Cichoski, and what is the significance of the similarity?
6. What is Meral's initial conclusion about the murders at Turtle Bay?
7. Describe the people who are on trial for murder.
8. Does Damian Rose have the opportunity to kill Peter if he wants to?
9. How proficient is Peter with a gun?
10. Describe the actions Carrie Rose takes to make sure the letter delivered to the Evening Star newspaper can't be traced back to her.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)