|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May 10, 1979, Pages 263-288.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chief of police count at the murder scene?
(a) the bullet casings
(b) the officers' white helmets
(c) the sea shells in the sand
(d) the witnesses
2. Why do news crews arrive on the island?
(a) They believe a revolution is starting.
(b) They are called in by the police chief.
(c) They want to track down the murderer.
(d) They believe the government is responsible for the killings.
3. Why are Lieutenant Singer and his wife reluctant to go to the beach?
(a) unsafe water
(b) the Lieutenant's orders from his superior
(c) the murders
4. How do the police react to Peter's story of being chased by the mercenaries?
(a) They pass Peter on to the chief personally.
(b) They don't pay attention.
(c) They believe the mercenaries work for Colonel Dred.
(d) They realize they've been misled by the killers.
5. Who do the mercenaries kill as a warning to Peter?
(a) his boss's dog
(b) a local schoolchild
(d) his boss
Short Answer Questions
1. What important information does Peter get?
2. Where does Loner deliver the letter?
3. What are the people who are killed at the airport doing?
4. Where do Peter and Jane flee into to hide?
5. Who do the authorities search the island for?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)