|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the narrator and his driver stop by a government car?
(a) Because it was disabled.
(b) Because they were too hot.
(c) Because the occupants requested them to stop.
(d) Because it was on fire.
2. Where did Mrs. Robinson live?
(a) The Isle of Wight.
3. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's life story.
(b) Mustafa's dreams.
(c) Mustafa's finances.
(d) Mustafa's love story.
4. What kinds of things did people in the narrator's village normally not do?
(a) Murder somebody.
(b) Help somebody.
(c) Marry somebody.
(d) Laugh at somebody.
5. Why did the narrator want to contact Mrs. Robinson?
(a) She attended Mustafa's trial.
(b) She was Mustafa's wife.
(c) She lived with Mustafa.
(d) She was Mustafa's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the narrator think about as he reads about Jean Morris?
2. What did the narrator wonder after hearing about the tragedy in his village?
3. What did the narrator do with his thoughts of Mustafa and Hosna when he leaves the triangular room?
4. Who had the key to Mustafa's special room?
5. Who did the narrator talk to when Mahmoud and Sa'eed left?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator learn what happened to Hosna and Wad?
2. Where did the narrator go after leaving Mustafa's house and what happened there?
3. What was Wad Reyyes' reaction when the narrator told him Hosna's reaction to the idea of marriage?
4. In pages 134-165, the narrator wonders what has happened to his world. Explain this feeling.
5. How do you know from the book that the Sudan is a hot country?
6. The narrator never finished his story about Mustafa. How would you end this story?
7. What happened when the narrator and his friend Mahjoub talk about the murders?
8. How does the narrator relate Jean Morris to Hosna?
9. What did the narrator find in the triangular room and what did he do while in there?
10. What had happened to Hosna and Wad while the narrator was away from the village?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)