|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Robinson live?
(b) The Isle of Wight.
2. Why could Mahjoub not question the conference delegate?
(a) Because it was too hot.
(b) Because it was inappropriate.
(c) Because he didn't want to talk anymore.
(d) Because he disappeared.
3. What would Hosna not do to Wad for two weeks after the wedding?
(c) Cook dinner.
4. What did the narrator regret not telling Hosna?
(a) How he felt about her.
(b) How to get into the triangular room.
(c) How he felt about Mustafa's boys.
(d) How she should leave the village.
5. What did the narrator relate his knowledge of the women in the pictures to?
(a) To events he read about in the newspaper.
(b) To events known by nobody but him.
(c) To events that he has heard about from his family.
(d) To events that occured at the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the narrator leave the triangular room?
2. What did Mustafa do in his sleep?
3. What kinds of things did people in the narrator's village normally not do?
4. Why did the narrator want to contact Mrs. Robinson?
5. Why did the narrator and his driver stop by a government car?
Short Essay Questions
1. In pages 134-165, the narrator wonders what has happened to his world. Explain this feeling.
2. What did the narrator tell Hosna about marriage and how did she react to this?
3. What do you know about the character Mahjoub?
4. Give your opinion about the book and its two main characters.
5. What had happened to Hosna and Wad while the narrator was away from the village?
6. What were the narrator and Mahjoub talking about when they were in a drunken state before he leaves the village?
7. What did Mahjoub tell the narrator about Mustafa?
8. What did the narrator do with Mustafa and Hosna?
9. What did the narrator find in the triangular room and what did he do while in there?
10. During the car trip, the narrator decided to write somebody. Who did he want to write and why?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)