|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator think to do with the room when he leaves?
(a) Lock it forever.
(b) Trash it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Empty it.
2. What did the narrator do with his thoughts of Mustafa and Hosna when he leaves the triangular room?
(a) He left them behind him.
(b) He talked about them to his friends.
(c) He sang about them.
(d) He kept thinking about them.
3. How old is Mahmoud?
4. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
(a) The educational conference.
(b) The agricultural conference.
(c) A new hospital.
(d) A new university.
5. What happened to the narrator while he looked around in the triangular room?
(a) He wanted to leave.
(b) No thoughts went through his head.
(c) Many thoughts went through his head.
(d) He felt hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub banter about being in Mustafa's special room?
2. Who was the narrator thinking about during his ghastly journey to the village?
3. What did the narrator do when he's tired of looking over the contents in the triangular room?
4. What did the narrator feel, realizing his world turned upside down?
5. What did the narrator feel like doing when he leaves Mustafa's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Mustafa's children and what is the narrator's relationship with them?
2. What were the narrator and Mahjoub talking about when they were in a drunken state before he leaves the village?
3. Describe how the narrator left the village again after his conversations with Hosna and Mahjoub.
4. How do you know from the book that the Sudan is a hot country?
5. What happened when the narrator and his friend Mahjoub talk about the murders?
6. How does the narrator relate Jean Morris to Hosna?
7. What did the narrator do when he approaches the triangular room?
8. What did Mahjoub tell the narrator about Mustafa?
9. What were all the things that are tangled up, according to the narrator?
10. How does the book end?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)