|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which school did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub go together?
(b) Elementary School.
(c) High School.
(d) Middle School.
2. What did the narrator do with his thoughts of Mustafa and Hosna when he leaves the triangular room?
(a) He kept thinking about them.
(b) He left them behind him.
(c) He sang about them.
(d) He talked about them to his friends.
3. In what kind of condition were the narrator and his friend Mahjoub in when they talked about Mustafa?
4. What will Hosna do if she's forced to marry Wad?
(a) She will forget about Mustafa.
(b) She will be a happy woman.
(c) She will kill Wad and herself.
(d) She will kill her kids.
5. What did Mustafa do in his sleep?
(a) He cursed.
(b) He sang.
(c) He mumbled.
(d) He sleep walked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did a conference delegate praise about to Mahjoub?
2. How were Hosna and Wad buried?
3. What did the narrator feel towards Mustafa while in the triangular room?
4. What did Hosna think about getting married again?
5. Why did the narrator visit his sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. In pages 134-165, the narrator wonders what has happened to his world. Explain this feeling.
2. Who are Mustafa's children and what is the narrator's relationship with them?
3. The narrator never finished his story about Mustafa. How would you end this story?
4. How does the narrator learn what happened to Hosna and Wad?
5. How does the narrator relate Jean Morris to Hosna?
6. During the car trip, the narrator decided to write somebody. Who did he want to write and why?
7. What was Wad Reyyes' reaction when the narrator told him Hosna's reaction to the idea of marriage?
8. What does Hosna tell the narrator about Mustafa when he visited her one day?
9. How do you know from the book that the Sudan is a hot country?
10. What did the narrator find in the triangular room and what did he do while in there?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)