|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the occupants of the government car going to do?
(a) Hide in the shade.
(b) Arrest a woman who killed her husband.
(c) Arrest the narrator and his driver.
(d) Go for lunch.
2. Why was the land of the narrator condemned?
(a) Because of the heat.
(b) Because of the storms.
(c) Because of the rain.
(d) Because of its people.
3. Where did the narrator leave for after the ceremony in his village?
4. How were Hosna and Wad buried?
(a) Quickly and without a funeral.
(b) Slowly with lots of greetings.
(c) With a busy ceremony.
(d) With a nice funeral.
5. Who was the narrator thinking about during his ghastly journey to the village?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) The boys.
(d) His friend Mahjoub.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator decide to do with Mrs. Robinson?
2. How did the narrator try to get help when caught in something at the end of the book?
3. How far did the narrator get before he couldn't go any further?
4. What was the narrator caught in when he couldn't go any further?
5. What did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub banter about being in Mustafa's special room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who met the narrator when he arrives by steamer, not too long after he had left, and what do they talk about?
2. Who are Mustafa's children and what is the narrator's relationship with them?
3. How does the book end?
4. What were the narrator and Mahjoub talking about when they were in a drunken state before he leaves the village?
5. The narrator never finished his story about Mustafa. How would you end this story?
6. How does the narrator relate Jean Morris to Hosna?
7. What had happened to Hosna and Wad while the narrator was away from the village?
8. What does Hosna tell the narrator about Mustafa when he visited her one day?
9. What was Wad Reyyes' reaction when the narrator told him Hosna's reaction to the idea of marriage?
10. How does the narrator learn what happened to Hosna and Wad?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)