|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mustafa have in Khartoum?
(a) Another child.
(b) A testament.
(c) A fancy car.
(d) A business.
2. What did the narrator wonder after hearing about the tragedy in his village?
(a) He wondered why it is so hot.
(b) He wondered whether he should stay.
(c) He wondered what has happened to his world.
(d) He wondered whether to take Mustafa's boys with him.
3. Who had the key to Mustafa's special room?
(a) Mustafa's children.
(b) The narrator's friend Mahjoub.
(d) The narrator.
4. How does the narrator finish the story of Mustafa?
(a) With how Mustafa died.
(b) With a happy ending.
(c) With taking the boys with him.
(d) He doesn't.
5. Who asked for a cigarette when the narrator and his driver are out in the hot sun?
(a) A monk.
(b) A tourist.
(c) A Bedouin.
(d) A European.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator regret not having done?
2. How did the narrator try to get to where he wants to go at the end of the book?
3. What did Wad say when he heard Hosna's reaction to the marriage plans?
4. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
5. How did the narrator leave the triangular room?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the car trip, the narrator decided to write somebody. Who did he want to write and why?
2. Describe how the narrator left the village again after his conversations with Hosna and Mahjoub.
3. Give your opinion about the book and its two main characters.
4. The narrator never finished his story about Mustafa. How would you end this story?
5. What did the narrator think about the people in the pictures?
6. How do you know from the book that the Sudan is a hot country?
7. What did the narrator do with Mustafa and Hosna?
8. Who are Mustafa's children and what is the narrator's relationship with them?
9. What did the narrator do with the triangular room, after he's finished there?
10. What were the narrator and Mahjoub talking about when they were in a drunken state before he leaves the village?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)