|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the narrator talk about the murders with, after visiting his sister?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His friend Mahjoub.
2. What did the narrator ask Hosna?
(a) If she hated Mustafa.
(b) If she loved him.
(c) If she loved Mustafa.
(d) If she loved Wad.
3. Who was the narrator thinking about during his drive away from the village?
(b) His grandfather.
(c) Mustafa's boys.
4. What did the narrator feel like doing when he leaves Mustafa's house?
(d) Going back.
5. What happened to the narrator while he looked around in the triangular room?
(a) He felt hungry.
(b) He wanted to leave.
(c) No thoughts went through his head.
(d) Many thoughts went through his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator wonder about the women he saw pictures of?
2. Why did Hosna think Mustafa knew he was going to be gone?
3. Who had the key to Mustafa's special room?
4. How old is Sa'eed?
5. What did the narrator do when he's tired of looking over the contents in the triangular room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Soon after leaving the village, the narrator has to go back. Why?
2. What happened when the narrator and his friend Mahjoub talk about the murders?
3. Give your opinion about the book and its two main characters.
4. What does Hosna tell the narrator about Mustafa when he visited her one day?
5. What did the narrator think about the people in the pictures?
6. In pages 134-165, the narrator wonders what has happened to his world. Explain this feeling.
7. What did Mahjoub tell the narrator about Mustafa?
8. How does the narrator learn what happened to Hosna and Wad?
9. How did the busy day of driving end for the narrator and his driver?
10. Describe how the narrator left the village again after his conversations with Hosna and Mahjoub.
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)