|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the narrator visit his sister?
(a) To avoid an argument.
(b) To get a letter from Hosna.
(c) To get information about the murders.
(d) Because he loves her.
2. What were the occupants of the government car going to do?
(a) Arrest the narrator and his driver.
(b) Hide in the shade.
(c) Arrest a woman who killed her husband.
(d) Go for lunch.
3. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
(a) One month.
(b) 32 days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) 28 days.
4. What did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub banter about being in Mustafa's special room?
(a) Gold and Jewels.
(b) Lots of paperwork.
(d) Multiple weapens.
5. What kind of a person was Mustafa towards Hosna?
(a) Loving and faithful.
(b) Awful and rude.
(c) Good and generous.
(d) Violent and unforgiving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's sister?
2. What did Mustafa do in his sleep?
3. What did the narrator think about another fire in the village?
4. Who tried to prevent the tragedy at Wad's house?
5. Who did the narrator think about as he reads about Jean Morris?
Short Essay Questions
1. In pages 134-165, the narrator wonders what has happened to his world. Explain this feeling.
2. What had happened to Hosna and Wad while the narrator was away from the village?
3. Who met the narrator when he arrives by steamer, not too long after he had left, and what do they talk about?
4. How does the narrator relate Jean Morris to Hosna?
5. Where did the narrator go after leaving Mustafa's house and what happened there?
6. What did the narrator think about the people in the pictures?
7. What did the narrator do with Mustafa and Hosna?
8. What did the narrator do with the triangular room, after he's finished there?
9. What did the narrator tell Hosna about marriage and how did she react to this?
10. Mahjoub and the narrator have a short conversation about Khartoum. What did they talk about? What did the narrator not talk about?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)