|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which war did Mustafa write comments about in the letter to the narrator?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Sudanese War.
(d) World War I.
2. Who are Mahmoud and Sa'eed?
(a) The narrator's children.
(b) Wad's children.
(c) Mustafa's children.
(d) The narrator's nephews.
3. What was the narrator caught in when he couldn't go any further?
(a) The current.
(b) A net.
(c) An accident.
(d) His chair.
4. How long had the person asking for the cigarette been traveling?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two days.
5. What did the narrator think about another fire in the village?
(a) It would be the best thing to do.
(b) It would show everybody who Mustafa is.
(c) It would not do any good.
(d) It would solve all his problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who met the narrator when he arrived back into the village by steamer?
2. How far did the narrator get before he couldn't go any further?
3. What did the narrator do when he's tired of looking over the contents in the triangular room?
4. What did the narrator wonder after hearing about the tragedy in his village?
5. Where did the narrator want to go when in the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the car trip, the narrator decided to write somebody. Who did he want to write and why?
2. Describe how the narrator left the village again after his conversations with Hosna and Mahjoub.
3. What did the narrator find in the triangular room and what did he do while in there?
4. What were all the things that are tangled up, according to the narrator?
5. What did the narrator do with the triangular room, after he's finished there?
6. How do you know from the book that the Sudan is a hot country?
7. What had happened to Hosna and Wad while the narrator was away from the village?
8. What did the narrator do with Mustafa and Hosna?
9. How does the book end?
10. In pages 134-165, the narrator wonders what has happened to his world. Explain this feeling.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)