|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's dreams.
(b) Mustafa's finances.
(c) Mustafa's life story.
(d) Mustafa's love story.
2. What was the narrator caught in when he couldn't go any further?
(a) His chair.
(b) A net.
(c) An accident.
(d) The current.
3. What did the narrator decide to do when he gets caught in something?
(a) To live.
(b) To die.
(c) To think.
(d) To eat.
4. To which school did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub go together?
(a) Elementary School.
(b) High School.
(c) Middle School.
5. What resulted in the death of Hosna, according to the narrator?
(a) Her forced marriage to Wad.
(b) Her relationship with her sons.
(c) Her marriage to Mustafa.
(d) Her relationship with the villagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
2. Where did Mrs. Robinson live?
3. Who was the narrator thinking about during his ghastly journey to the village?
4. What did the narrator feel towards Mustafa while in the triangular room?
5. What did Hosna think about getting married again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the book end?
2. How did the busy day of driving end for the narrator and his driver?
3. Who are Mustafa's children and what is the narrator's relationship with them?
4. What had happened to Hosna and Wad while the narrator was away from the village?
5. What were the narrator and Mahjoub talking about when they were in a drunken state before he leaves the village?
6. Give your opinion about the book and its two main characters.
7. What does Hosna tell the narrator about Mustafa when he visited her one day?
8. What did the narrator find in the triangular room and what did he do while in there?
9. How does the narrator learn what happened to Hosna and Wad?
10. How does the narrator relate Jean Morris to Hosna?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)