|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator feel like doing when he leaves Mustafa's house?
(c) Going back.
2. What would Hosna not do to Wad for two weeks after the wedding?
(b) Cook dinner.
3. What did the narrator do to the triangular room?
(b) He painted it.
(c) He destroyed it.
(d) He burned it.
4. Who did the narrator talk to when Mahmoud and Sa'eed left?
(a) To Wad.
(b) To Mustafa.
(c) To his grandfather.
(d) To Mustafa's widow.
5. What did Mustafa have in Khartoum?
(a) A testament.
(b) Another child.
(c) A fancy car.
(d) A business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the narrator caught in when he couldn't go any further?
2. What will Hosna do if she's forced to marry Wad?
3. How old is Sa'eed?
4. What resulted in the death of Hosna, according to the narrator?
5. How old is Mahmoud?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had happened to Hosna and Wad while the narrator was away from the village?
2. What was Wad Reyyes' reaction when the narrator told him Hosna's reaction to the idea of marriage?
3. How did the busy day of driving end for the narrator and his driver?
4. How does the narrator relate Jean Morris to Hosna?
5. Who are Mustafa's children and what is the narrator's relationship with them?
6. Give your opinion about the book and its two main characters.
7. Soon after leaving the village, the narrator has to go back. Why?
8. What did the narrator do when he approaches the triangular room?
9. Who met the narrator when he arrives by steamer, not too long after he had left, and what do they talk about?
10. What did the narrator do with the triangular room, after he's finished there?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)