|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator do with the door of the courtyard when leaving?
(a) He replaced it.
(b) He destroyed it.
(c) He locked it.
(d) He painted it.
2. What did the narrator think to do with the room when he leaves?
(a) Trash it.
(b) Empty it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Lock it forever.
3. What killed Wad and Hosna?
(a) A knife.
(c) A rope.
(d) A gun.
4. How was the weather when the narrator drove out of his village?
5. How old is Sa'eed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the narrator enter the triangular room?
2. When did the narrator go see his sister?
3. Why did the narrator visit his sister?
4. Why did the narrator feel he lost the war?
5. Where did the narrator go the day after he hears about Wad's marriage plans?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator learn what happened to Hosna and Wad?
2. Where did the narrator go after leaving Mustafa's house and what happened there?
3. Soon after leaving the village, the narrator has to go back. Why?
4. What was Wad Reyyes' reaction when the narrator told him Hosna's reaction to the idea of marriage?
5. Give your opinion about the book and its two main characters.
6. Who met the narrator when he arrives by steamer, not too long after he had left, and what do they talk about?
7. Who did the narrator and his driver run into during the car trip and what happens?
8. What did the narrator do when he approaches the triangular room?
9. What did the narrator think about the people in the pictures?
10. What happened when the narrator and his friend Mahjoub talk about the murders?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)