|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's finances.
(b) Mustafa's dreams.
(c) Mustafa's love story.
(d) Mustafa's life story.
2. What were the occupants of the government car going to do?
(a) Arrest a woman who killed her husband.
(b) Arrest the narrator and his driver.
(c) Go for lunch.
(d) Hide in the shade.
3. What did the narrator feel, realizing his world turned upside down?
4. What did the narrator wonder about the women he saw pictures of?
(a) Why they have their pictures in this room.
(b) Why they are so pretty.
(c) Why they committed suicide.
(d) Why they loved Mustafa.
5. Who had the key to Mustafa's special room?
(a) The narrator's friend Mahjoub.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Mustafa's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the narrator caught in when he couldn't go any further?
2. How old is Sa'eed?
3. How did the narrator describe Mustafa while in the room?
4. What did the narrator do when he's tired of looking over the contents in the triangular room?
5. What did the narrator do to the triangular room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the book end?
2. What did the narrator do with the triangular room, after he's finished there?
3. What was Wad Reyyes' reaction when the narrator told him Hosna's reaction to the idea of marriage?
4. Mahjoub and the narrator have a short conversation about Khartoum. What did they talk about? What did the narrator not talk about?
5. What did the narrator do when he approaches the triangular room?
6. What were the narrator and Mahjoub talking about when they were in a drunken state before he leaves the village?
7. What did the narrator think about the people in the pictures?
8. Who are Mustafa's children and what is the narrator's relationship with them?
9. What happened when the narrator and his friend Mahjoub talk about the murders?
10. Where did the narrator go after leaving Mustafa's house and what happened there?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)