|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator wonder about the women he saw pictures of?
(a) Why they loved Mustafa.
(b) Why they are so pretty.
(c) Why they have their pictures in this room.
(d) Why they committed suicide.
2. How far did the narrator get before he couldn't go any further?
(a) A third of the way.
(b) Half way across.
(c) Two thirds of the way.
(d) Almost there.
3. Where did the narrator fight his way to at the end of the book?
(a) To the bottom.
(b) To the other side.
(c) To the surface.
4. How did the narrator try to get to where he wants to go at the end of the book?
(a) He walked.
(b) He drove.
(c) He took the plane.
(d) He swam.
5. Who did the narrator talk about the murders with, after visiting his sister?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His mother.
(c) His friend Mahjoub.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hosna do when she thought about Mustafa?
2. What killed Wad and Hosna?
3. To which school did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub go together?
4. Who was the narrator thinking about during his drive away from the village?
5. What reason for his visit did the narrator give his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator relate Jean Morris to Hosna?
2. What did the narrator tell Hosna about marriage and how did she react to this?
3. Who are Mustafa's children and what is the narrator's relationship with them?
4. What did the narrator find in the triangular room and what did he do while in there?
5. What were the narrator and Mahjoub talking about when they were in a drunken state before he leaves the village?
6. What did the narrator do when he approaches the triangular room?
7. What did the narrator do with the triangular room, after he's finished there?
8. What did Mahjoub tell the narrator about Mustafa?
9. How did the busy day of driving end for the narrator and his driver?
10. Where did the narrator go after leaving Mustafa's house and what happened there?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)