|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator think to do with the room when he leaves?
(a) Trash it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Empty it.
(d) Lock it forever.
2. What did Mustafa have in Khartoum?
(a) A business.
(b) Another child.
(c) A testament.
(d) A fancy car.
3. How old is Mahmoud?
4. Where did Mustafa's car stop for servicing?
(a) At an oasis.
(b) At a fuel station.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At a bar.
5. What did Wad say when he heard Hosna's reaction to the marriage plans?
(a) That she was just a widow and will marry him.
(b) That she didn't have to marry him.
(c) That he will try to marry somebody else.
(d) That she should have two husbands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub banter about being in Mustafa's special room?
2. Who had the key to Mustafa's special room?
3. Where did the two cars go after their occupants met?
4. What did the narrator regret not telling Hosna?
5. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the narrator go after leaving Mustafa's house and what happened there?
2. What did the narrator do when he approaches the triangular room?
3. What did the narrator tell Hosna about marriage and how did she react to this?
4. How does the narrator relate Jean Morris to Hosna?
5. Who did the narrator and his driver run into during the car trip and what happens?
6. What did Mahjoub tell the narrator about Mustafa?
7. How does the narrator learn what happened to Hosna and Wad?
8. What do you know about the character Mahjoub?
9. What did the narrator do with the triangular room, after he's finished there?
10. What were all the things that are tangled up, according to the narrator?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)