|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) 32 days.
(c) 28 days.
(d) One month.
2. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
(a) The agricultural conference.
(b) A new university.
(c) The educational conference.
(d) A new hospital.
3. Why did the narrator want to contact Mrs. Robinson?
(a) She was Mustafa's best friend.
(b) She lived with Mustafa.
(c) She attended Mustafa's trial.
(d) She was Mustafa's wife.
4. What happened to the narrator while he looked around in the triangular room?
(a) No thoughts went through his head.
(b) He wanted to leave.
(c) Many thoughts went through his head.
(d) He felt hungry.
5. What did the narrator do to the triangular room?
(a) He painted it.
(b) He destroyed it.
(c) He burned it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator feel, realizing his world turned upside down?
2. Why was the land of the narrator condemned?
3. Why did the narrator go back to the village after leaving by car?
4. What did the narrator feel when he's done looking around in the triangular room?
5. Why did the narrator feel he lost the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the narrator left the village again after his conversations with Hosna and Mahjoub.
2. The narrator never finished his story about Mustafa. How would you end this story?
3. Who are Mustafa's children and what is the narrator's relationship with them?
4. Soon after leaving the village, the narrator has to go back. Why?
5. During the car trip, the narrator decided to write somebody. Who did he want to write and why?
6. What did Mahjoub tell the narrator about Mustafa?
7. Mahjoub and the narrator have a short conversation about Khartoum. What did they talk about? What did the narrator not talk about?
8. Who did the narrator and his driver run into during the car trip and what happens?
9. What do you know about the character Mahjoub?
10. How did the busy day of driving end for the narrator and his driver?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)