|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the narrator enter the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's boys opened the door for him.
(b) He forced the door.
(c) With the key.
(d) He got help from his sister.
2. How far did the narrator get before he couldn't go any further?
(a) Two thirds of the way.
(b) A third of the way.
(c) Half way across.
(d) Almost there.
3. What did they have planned for the boys since the narrator was in town?
(a) A church ceremony.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A wedding ceremony.
(d) A circumcision ceremony.
4. Where did Mustafa's car stop for servicing?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At an oasis.
(c) At a bar.
(d) At a fuel station.
5. Who did the narrator talk to when Mahmoud and Sa'eed left?
(a) To Wad.
(b) To Mustafa.
(c) To Mustafa's widow.
(d) To his grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Hosna and Wad buried?
2. Where did the narrator want to go when in the water?
3. How old is Sa'eed?
4. How did the narrator describe Mustafa while in the room?
5. What happened to the narrator while he looked around in the triangular room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator relate Jean Morris to Hosna?
2. Who did the narrator and his driver run into during the car trip and what happens?
3. What did the narrator find in the triangular room and what did he do while in there?
4. Describe how the narrator left the village again after his conversations with Hosna and Mahjoub.
5. What was Wad Reyyes' reaction when the narrator told him Hosna's reaction to the idea of marriage?
6. What did the narrator do when he approaches the triangular room?
7. Who met the narrator when he arrives by steamer, not too long after he had left, and what do they talk about?
8. What does Hosna tell the narrator about Mustafa when he visited her one day?
9. In pages 134-165, the narrator wonders what has happened to his world. Explain this feeling.
10. Where did the narrator go after leaving Mustafa's house and what happened there?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)