|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the occupants of the government car going to do?
(a) Hide in the shade.
(b) Arrest the narrator and his driver.
(c) Arrest a woman who killed her husband.
(d) Go for lunch.
2. What kinds of things did people in the narrator's village normally not do?
(a) Marry somebody.
(b) Murder somebody.
(c) Laugh at somebody.
(d) Help somebody.
3. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
(a) A new university.
(b) The educational conference.
(c) A new hospital.
(d) The agricultural conference.
4. How many cigarettes did the narrator give the person who asked for one?
(a) The whole pack.
5. What did Wad say when he heard Hosna's reaction to the marriage plans?
(a) That he will try to marry somebody else.
(b) That she didn't have to marry him.
(c) That she was just a widow and will marry him.
(d) That she should have two husbands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
2. How was the weather when the narrator drove out of his village?
3. To which school did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub go together?
4. What did the narrator find in the triangular room?
5. What did the narrator feel when he's done looking around in the triangular room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the narrator do when he approaches the triangular room?
2. Describe how the narrator left the village again after his conversations with Hosna and Mahjoub.
3. What did the narrator find in the triangular room and what did he do while in there?
4. How does the narrator relate Jean Morris to Hosna?
5. What was Wad Reyyes' reaction when the narrator told him Hosna's reaction to the idea of marriage?
6. How do you know from the book that the Sudan is a hot country?
7. What did the narrator do with Mustafa and Hosna?
8. What do you know about the character Mahjoub?
9. What were the narrator and Mahjoub talking about when they were in a drunken state before he leaves the village?
10. The narrator never finished his story about Mustafa. How would you end this story?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)