|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub banter about being in Mustafa's special room?
(a) Multiple weapens.
(b) Lots of paperwork.
(d) Gold and Jewels.
2. What will Hosna do if she's forced to marry Wad?
(a) She will kill her kids.
(b) She will be a happy woman.
(c) She will kill Wad and herself.
(d) She will forget about Mustafa.
3. What did the narrator regret not having done?
(a) Talking to his grandfather.
(b) Taking the boys.
(c) Going in Mustafa's special room.
(d) Marrying Hosna.
4. Who met the narrator when he arrived back into the village by steamer?
(a) His friend Mahjoub.
(b) His father.
(c) Mustafa's sons.
(d) His grandfather.
5. What did the narrator decide to do with Mrs. Robinson?
(a) Call her.
(b) Fax her.
(c) Visit her.
(d) Write her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
2. Why did the narrator and his driver stop by a government car?
3. What did the narrator do to the triangular room?
4. Who tried to prevent the tragedy at Wad's house?
5. Where did Mrs. Robinson live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the narrator tell Hosna about marriage and how did she react to this?
2. What did the narrator do with the triangular room, after he's finished there?
3. What did the narrator think about the people in the pictures?
4. Mahjoub and the narrator have a short conversation about Khartoum. What did they talk about? What did the narrator not talk about?
5. Who did the narrator and his driver run into during the car trip and what happens?
6. How does the narrator learn what happened to Hosna and Wad?
7. The narrator never finished his story about Mustafa. How would you end this story?
8. Where did the narrator go after leaving Mustafa's house and what happened there?
9. What had happened to Hosna and Wad while the narrator was away from the village?
10. What did the narrator do with Mustafa and Hosna?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)