|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which school did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub go together?
(a) High School.
(b) Middle School.
(d) Elementary School.
2. Where did the narrator go to after leaving Mustafa's house?
(a) The swimming pool.
(b) The pond.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The river.
3. How was the weather when the narrator drove out of his village?
4. Why did the narrator feel he lost the war?
(a) Because he acted in a correct way.
(b) Because he didn't act when he could have.
(c) Because the enemy was stronger.
(d) Because he killed a few people.
5. How did the narrator describe Mustafa while in the room?
(a) As his adversary.
(b) As his supporter.
(c) As his best friend.
(d) As a wonderul man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the narrator visit his sister?
2. What did the narrator wonder about the women he saw pictures of?
3. What kinds of things did people in the narrator's village normally not do?
4. Who did the narrator think about as he reads about Jean Morris?
5. What did the narrator feel when he's done looking around in the triangular room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who met the narrator when he arrives by steamer, not too long after he had left, and what do they talk about?
2. What were the narrator and Mahjoub talking about when they were in a drunken state before he leaves the village?
3. What did the narrator do with the triangular room, after he's finished there?
4. Mahjoub and the narrator have a short conversation about Khartoum. What did they talk about? What did the narrator not talk about?
5. What happened when the narrator and his friend Mahjoub talk about the murders?
6. What had happened to Hosna and Wad while the narrator was away from the village?
7. How does the narrator relate Jean Morris to Hosna?
8. Who are Mustafa's children and what is the narrator's relationship with them?
9. What do you know about the character Mahjoub?
10. What did the narrator do with Mustafa and Hosna?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)