|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the narrator visit his sister?
(a) To get information about the murders.
(b) To get a letter from Hosna.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) To avoid an argument.
2. What did the narrator do to the triangular room?
(a) He painted it.
(b) He destroyed it.
(c) He burned it.
3. Who did the narrator think about as he reads about Jean Morris?
(b) His mother.
4. Who met the narrator when he arrived back into the village by steamer?
(a) Mustafa's sons.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His friend Mahjoub.
(d) His father.
5. Who did the narrator talk to when Mahmoud and Sa'eed left?
(a) To Mustafa's widow.
(b) To Wad.
(c) To his grandfather.
(d) To Mustafa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a person was Mustafa towards Hosna?
2. What did Hosna do when she thought about Mustafa?
3. What did the narrator think to do with the room when he leaves?
4. What was the narrator caught in when he couldn't go any further?
5. What did the narrator feel towards Mustafa while in the triangular room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mahjoub and the narrator have a short conversation about Khartoum. What did they talk about? What did the narrator not talk about?
2. How does the narrator learn what happened to Hosna and Wad?
3. What did the narrator tell Hosna about marriage and how did she react to this?
4. Who are Mustafa's children and what is the narrator's relationship with them?
5. What did the narrator do with the triangular room, after he's finished there?
6. What had happened to Hosna and Wad while the narrator was away from the village?
7. The narrator never finished his story about Mustafa. How would you end this story?
8. What were the narrator and Mahjoub talking about when they were in a drunken state before he leaves the village?
9. Where did the narrator go after leaving Mustafa's house and what happened there?
10. What did Mahjoub tell the narrator about Mustafa?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)