|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
(a) The educational conference.
(b) A new hospital.
(c) The agricultural conference.
(d) A new university.
2. Where did the two cars go after their occupants met?
(a) No where.
(b) To Europe.
(c) Seperate ways.
(d) The same way.
3. What is the name of the narrator's sister?
(a) Bint Mahjoub.
(b) Bint Majzoub.
(c) Flint Mahjoub.
(d) Flint Majzoub.
4. Why did the narrator feel he lost the war?
(a) Because he killed a few people.
(b) Because the enemy was stronger.
(c) Because he acted in a correct way.
(d) Because he didn't act when he could have.
5. Where did the narrator go the day after he hears about Wad's marriage plans?
(a) To the house of Wad.
(b) To the house of Mustafa Sa'eed.
(c) To the house of his mother.
(d) To the house of his grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator do with the door of the courtyard when leaving?
2. How did the narrator leave the triangular room?
3. How far did the narrator get before he couldn't go any further?
4. How many cigarettes did the narrator give the person who asked for one?
5. What did Hosna think about getting married again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the narrator find in the triangular room and what did he do while in there?
2. What had happened to Hosna and Wad while the narrator was away from the village?
3. During the car trip, the narrator decided to write somebody. Who did he want to write and why?
4. What did the narrator do with the triangular room, after he's finished there?
5. Mahjoub and the narrator have a short conversation about Khartoum. What did they talk about? What did the narrator not talk about?
6. What did the narrator do when he approaches the triangular room?
7. In pages 134-165, the narrator wonders what has happened to his world. Explain this feeling.
8. Soon after leaving the village, the narrator has to go back. Why?
9. Describe how the narrator left the village again after his conversations with Hosna and Mahjoub.
10. Give your opinion about the book and its two main characters.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)