|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does the man on the train talk to the narrator about?
(a) His career with the government.
(b) The narrator's career.
(c) The weather.
(d) His career with the army.
2. Who is the narrator guardian of?
(a) Mustafa's children.
(b) Wad's children.
(c) Mustafa's wife.
(d) Wad's sister.
3. Who should be given the key to the triangular room eventually?
(a) Mustafa's mother.
(b) Mustafa's wife.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Mustafa's sons.
4. Where is Mustafa from?
5. What does the narrator not want Mustafa to become for him?
(a) An obsession.
(b) An example.
(c) A vague memory.
(d) A hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's sister think about Western women?
2. What does the narrator say about Western women?
3. What did the villagers begin to build at one point?
4. What were tribal women that Western women are not?
5. Who is Sa'eed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mustafa Sa'eed become an obsession for the narrator?
2. What did you learn about Mustafa's trial in the pages 19-44?
3. Who was the strange man in the village when the narrator gets back and how does he describe this man?
4. How can you relate the narrator to the Acacia tree?
5. How does the narrator's knowledge of Mustafa conflict with that of his acquaintances from the University of Khartoum?
6. What did the narrator do after Mustafa told him his story?
7. What does Mustafa have to do with the topic of mixed marriages?
8. What did grandfather tell the narrator about Wad Rayyes?
9. What was left for the narrator after Mustafa disappears?
10. What else, after the conversation about Western women, was being talked about in grandfather's house the same day?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)