|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the college Mustafa went to in the Sudan?
(a) Khartoum Collage.
(b) Graham Collage.
(c) Oxford Collage.
(d) Gordon Collage.
2. What does the narrator's sister think about Western women?
(a) That they are not as healthy as their tribal women.
(b) That they are not as stupid as their tribal women.
(c) That they are not as attractive as their tribal women.
(d) That they are not as knowledgeable as their tribal women.
3. How many months a year dioesthe narrator spend in the village he grew up in?
4. Who was the public prosecutor at Mustafa's trial?
(a) One of his teachers at Oxford.
(b) One of his friends from Cairo.
(c) One of his friends from Oxford.
(d) One of his teachers at Cairo.
5. What did Mustafa suffer from?
(b) Suicidal thoughts.
(c) A chronic disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's response to the presumption about Mustafa?
2. Where is Mustafa from?
3. How many days following their introduction do the narrator and Mustafa have dinner?
4. What is the house of the narrator's grandfather made of?
5. Who does the narrator talk to one day when taking the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the house of the narrator's grandfather look like?
2. What did grandfather tell the narrator about Wad Rayyes?
3. What else, after the conversation about Western women, was being talked about in grandfather's house the same day?
4. How do the narrator and Mustafa first meet and what do they learn about each other?
5. Who was the strange man in the village when the narrator gets back and how does he describe this man?
6. What does the narrator tell you about the steamer that brings him to his old village?
7. What did Mustafa do after he was released from prison?
8. What did you learn about Mustafa's trial in the pages 19-44?
9. What do you know about the legendary flooding of the Nile described in the book?
10. What did the narrator do after Mustafa told him his story?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)