|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator guardian of?
(a) Wad's children.
(b) Mustafa's wife.
(c) Mustafa's children.
(d) Wad's sister.
2. What is the name of the narrator's favorite tree?
3. Who does the narrator visit a month after the conversation on the train?
(a) Some people from the University in Khartoum.
(b) Some people from the Department of Education.
(c) Some people from the Department of Agriculture.
(d) Some people from the University in Cairo.
4. What had instructions about what to do in the event of Mustafa's death?
(a) A letter.
(b) A diary.
(c) A testament.
(d) A postcard.
5. What was the name of the college Mustafa went to in the Sudan?
(a) Graham Collage.
(b) Oxford Collage.
(c) Khartoum Collage.
(d) Gordon Collage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days following their introduction do the narrator and Mustafa have dinner?
2. Who should be given the key to the triangular room eventually?
3. How old is the strange man in the village the narrator is curious about?
4. When did legendary flooding of the Nile occur?
5. Where did the narrator stay during his absence in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on the train one day, when the narrator works at the Department of Education in Khartoum?
2. What did the narrator do after Mustafa told him his story?
3. How was Mustafa treated during his time in Cairo?
4. What does Mustafa have to do with the topic of mixed marriages?
5. Whose story did the narrator interrupt when arriving at his grandfather's house one day and what was the story about?
6. What happened to Mustafa when he meets a man on horseback?
7. How does the narrator's knowledge of Mustafa conflict with that of his acquaintances from the University of Khartoum?
8. What was left for the narrator after Mustafa disappears?
9. What else, after the conversation about Western women, was being talked about in grandfather's house the same day?
10. What does the narrator tell you about the steamer that brings him to his old village?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)