|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the narrator been gone before returning to his village in Africa?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Six years
2. What is Mustafa's last name?
3. Where did Mustafa meet Jean Morris?
(a) In Cairo.
(b) In Chelsea.
(c) In Khartoum.
(d) In Dublin.
4. Whose voice did the narrator hear when he walked by his grandfather's house?
(a) His grandfather's.
(c) His grandmother's.
(d) His father's.
5. What did Mustafa do as the first Sudanese?
(a) Marry only one woman at a time.
(b) Marry a French woman.
(c) Marry an English woman.
(d) Marry an Egyptian woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bint Mazjoub tell stories of?
2. What does the subject turn to during the narrator's visit to the group of people, a month after the train conversation?
3. With who did they banter back and forth about their sexual exploits at grandfather's house?
4. Where is Mustafa from?
5. What is the name of the narrator's favorite tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on the train one day, when the narrator works at the Department of Education in Khartoum?
2. What does Mustafa have to do with the topic of mixed marriages?
3. What was left for the narrator after Mustafa disappears?
4. What happened to Mustafa when he meets a man on horseback?
5. How does the house of the narrator's grandfather look like?
6. What did the narrator learn on the way back to the village by donkey?
7. What did the narrator do after Mustafa told him his story?
8. How does the narrator's knowledge of Mustafa conflict with that of his acquaintances from the University of Khartoum?
9. How do the narrator and Mustafa first meet and what do they learn about each other?
10. What is being said about Western women during a conversation at the grandfather's house?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)