|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose voice did the narrator hear when he walked by his grandfather's house?
(a) His grandmother's.
(b) His grandfather's.
(c) His father's.
2. How does the narrator travel back to the village from the steamer?
(a) By foot.
(b) By donkey.
(c) By horse.
(d) By camel.
3. How long did it take Mustafa to learn to write?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two months.
4. What is Mustafa's last name?
5. What did Mustafa suffer from?
(a) A chronic disease.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told the narrator about Wad's marriage plans?
2. How does the narrator know about the legendary flooding of the Nile?
3. What did Mustafa cause to other young women?
4. How old is the strange man in the village the narrator is curious about?
5. When was the Sudanese independence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator's knowledge of Mustafa conflict with that of his acquaintances from the University of Khartoum?
2. What does the narrator tell you about the steamer that brings him to his old village?
3. What is being said about Western women during a conversation at the grandfather's house?
4. What did the narrator learn on the way back to the village by donkey?
5. Which woman did Mustafa meet at a party in Chelsea and what happened to her?
6. What did Mustafa's school career look like?
7. What did you learn about Mustafa's trial in the pages 19-44?
8. What was left for the narrator after Mustafa disappears?
9. How was Mustafa treated during his time in Cairo?
10. What do you know about Mustafa's family and how did that affect him?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)