Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator talk about when he returns to the village he grew up in?
(a) A donkey.
(b) The steamer that travels on the Nile.
(c) His new love affair.
2. How does the narrator think Mustafa died?
(a) By disease or suffocation.
(b) By drowning or disease.
(c) By drowning or suicide.
(d) By disease or suicide.
3. What is left for the narrator when Mustafa disappeared?
(b) A message and a testament.
(c) A key and a message.
(d) A key and a testament.
4. Which gift does Mustafa bring the narrator when he visits his house?
(a) Papayas and mangos.
(b) Melons and bananas.
(c) Melons and oranges.
(d) Bananas and oranges.
5. What did Mustafa do as the first Sudanese?
(a) Marry an English woman.
(b) Marry only one woman at a time.
(c) Marry a French woman.
(d) Marry an Egyptian woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mustafa decide to stay in the village after leaving the place he was from?
2. How was Mustafa presented at his trial?
3. What did Mustafa cause to other young women?
4. What is the name of the strange man in the village?
5. What was presumed about Mustafa by the group of people the narrator talks to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can you relate the narrator to the Acacia tree?
2. What did Mustafa want for his sons?
3. Describe how the narrator left the village again after his conversations with Hosna and Mahjoub.
4. What does Mustafa have to do with the topic of mixed marriages?
5. Which woman did Mustafa meet at a party in Chelsea and what happened to her?
6. How does the narrator relate Jean Morris to Hosna?
7. What was left for the narrator after Mustafa disappears?
8. What did Mustafa's school career look like?
9. How did the narrator feel about being back in his old village after being gone for seven years?
10. Who met the narrator when he arrives by steamer, not too long after he had left, and what do they talk about?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)