|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do when he hears the story about Mustafa in the train?
(a) He says he knew Mustafa as well.
(b) He listens.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He says he doesn't know who Mustafa is.
2. What were Western women called in the stories at grandfather's house?
(a) Smart women.
(b) Infidel women.
(c) Ugly women.
(d) Pretty women.
3. Where is Mustafa from?
4. What is the name of the strange man in the village?
5. What had instructions about what to do in the event of Mustafa's death?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A letter.
(c) A testament.
(d) A diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mustafa meet Jean Morris?
2. Why did Mustafa decide to stay in the village after leaving the place he was from?
3. How many days following their introduction do the narrator and Mustafa have dinner?
4. Who did Wad want to marry?
5. How long has the narrator been gone before returning to his village in Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you know about Mustafa's family and how did that affect him?
2. What did the narrator's companion on the train in Khartoum tell him about Mustafa and how did he react to this information?
3. What did the narrator do after Mustafa told him his story?
4. Which woman did Mustafa meet at a party in Chelsea and what happened to her?
5. Does Mustafa Sa'eed become an obsession for the narrator?
6. How does the house of the narrator's grandfather look like?
7. How did the narrator feel about being back in his old village after being gone for seven years?
8. What is being said about Western women during a conversation at the grandfather's house?
9. What do you know about the narrator's grandfather as a person?
10. How does the narrator's knowledge of Mustafa conflict with that of his acquaintances from the University of Khartoum?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)