|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the narrator and his grandfather feel about seeing each other?
(a) Overly excited.
2. Who is telling a story when the narrator arrives at his grandfather's house?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His brother.
3. How many different women was Mustafa living with simultaneously when he was with Jean?
4. What did Mustafa do when this influential man appeared?
(a) Talk to him.
(b) Run away.
(c) Hide somewhere.
(d) Offer him tea.
5. What kind of life did the grandfather live?
(a) A rich life.
(b) A comfortable life.
(c) An acetic life.
(d) A tiring life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's response to the presumption about Mustafa?
2. What does the narrator not want Mustafa to become for him?
3. What does the narrator hear about Mustafa during the conversation in the train?
4. Who is the narrator guardian of?
5. How was Mustafa presented at his trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the strange man in the village when the narrator gets back and how does he describe this man?
2. How does the house of the narrator's grandfather look like?
3. How can you tell that the village life seems unchanged to the narrator when he gets back after all those years?
4. Whose story did the narrator interrupt when arriving at his grandfather's house one day and what was the story about?
5. What is being said about Western women during a conversation at the grandfather's house?
6. How does the narrator's knowledge of Mustafa conflict with that of his acquaintances from the University of Khartoum?
7. What did the narrator do after Mustafa told him his story?
8. What was left for the narrator after Mustafa disappears?
9. How was Mustafa treated during his time in Cairo?
10. What does the narrator tell his family about the Europeans?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)