|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Mustafa during the big flooding?
(a) He got married.
(b) He didn't return home.
(c) He saved a lot of people.
(d) He lost his house.
2. What were tribal women that Western women are not?
3. What did Mustafa do when this influential man appeared?
(a) Run away.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Offer him tea.
(d) Hide somewhere.
4. What did Mustafa cause to other young women?
(d) Love of life.
5. When was the last time Mustafa saw his mother?
(a) After he went to school abroad.
(b) When he got married.
(c) Before he went to school abroad.
(d) While he was at school abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the strange man in the village the narrator is curious about?
2. What were Western women called in the stories at grandfather's house?
3. Who does the narrator talk to one day when taking the train?
4. What religion did they talk about at the grandfather's house?
5. Who told the narrator about Wad's marriage plans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose story did the narrator interrupt when arriving at his grandfather's house one day and what was the story about?
2. What else, after the conversation about Western women, was being talked about in grandfather's house the same day?
3. What did the narrator do after Mustafa told him his story?
4. What was left for the narrator after Mustafa disappears?
5. What did the narrator learn on the way back to the village by donkey?
6. What happened to Mustafa when he meets a man on horseback?
7. What do you know about the narrator's grandfather as a person?
8. Does Mustafa Sa'eed become an obsession for the narrator?
9. What does the narrator tell his family about the Europeans?
10. How was Mustafa treated during his time in Cairo?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)