|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator do after leaving Mustafa's house the night Mustafa told his story?
(a) He wanders around.
(b) He visits his grandfather.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He goes for a swim.
2. What does the narrator say about Western women?
(a) That they are attractive.
(b) That they are smart.
(c) That he doesn't know about them.
(d) That he knows all about them
3. What was the name of the college Mustafa went to in the Sudan?
(a) Graham Collage.
(b) Khartoum Collage.
(c) Oxford Collage.
(d) Gordon Collage.
4. How does the narrator think Mustafa died?
(a) By disease or suffocation.
(b) By drowning or disease.
(c) By disease or suicide.
(d) By drowning or suicide.
5. How long did it take Mustafa to learn to write?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's response to the presumption about Mustafa?
2. How often did the steamer come to the narrator's childhood village?
3. Who did the villagers blame for not getting the project they worked on finished?
4. What was the narrator's promise to Mustafa?
5. What does the narrator do when he hears the story about Mustafa in the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the narrator learn on the way back to the village by donkey?
2. What did the narrator's companion on the train in Khartoum tell him about Mustafa and how did he react to this information?
3. What did Mustafa do after he was released from prison?
4. What did grandfather tell the narrator about Wad Rayyes?
5. What is being said about Western women during a conversation at the grandfather's house?
6. What do you know about Mustafa's family and how did that affect him?
7. How was Mustafa treated during his time in Cairo?
8. What does the narrator tell his family about the Europeans?
9. Does Mustafa Sa'eed become an obsession for the narrator?
10. How did the narrator feel about being back in his old village after being gone for seven years?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)