|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How wass the grandfather's house built?
2. What does the narrator hear about Mustafa during the conversation in the train?
(a) That he was the most brilliant student.
(b) That he was a fair student.
(c) That he was a brilliant teacher.
(d) That he killed many women.
3. What does the narrator say about Western women?
(a) That he doesn't know about them.
(b) That they are attractive.
(c) That they are smart.
(d) That he knows all about them
4. What did this influential man do to Mustafa?
(a) He offered him tea.
(b) He gave him a gift.
(c) He took him to school.
(d) He beat him.
5. What were Western women called in the stories at grandfather's house?
(a) Ugly women.
(b) Smart women.
(c) Infidel women.
(d) Pretty women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator think Mustafa died?
2. When was the last time Mustafa saw his mother?
3. In what has the narrator earned a doctorate?
4. What was presumed about Mustafa by the group of people the narrator talks to?
5. How does the narrator know about the legendary flooding of the Nile?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which woman did Mustafa meet at a party in Chelsea and what happened to her?
2. Who was the strange man in the village when the narrator gets back and how does he describe this man?
3. How did the narrator feel about being back in his old village after being gone for seven years?
4. What do you know about the narrator's grandfather as a person?
5. What did Mustafa do after he was released from prison?
6. What happened to Mustafa when he meets a man on horseback?
7. How do the narrator and Mustafa first meet and what do they learn about each other?
8. What else, after the conversation about Western women, was being talked about in grandfather's house the same day?
9. What did Mustafa want for his sons?
10. Whose story did the narrator interrupt when arriving at his grandfather's house one day and what was the story about?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)