|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who should be given the key to the triangular room eventually?
(a) Mustafa's mother.
(b) Mustafa's wife.
(c) Mustafa's sons.
(d) The narrator.
2. Who is Sa'eed?
(a) The shopkeeper.
(b) Mustafa's helper.
(c) The mechanic.
(d) Mustafa's brother.
3. What does the subject turn to during the narrator's visit to the group of people, a month after the train conversation?
(a) Mixed marriages.
(d) Mixed drinks.
4. How often did the steamer come to the narrator's childhood village?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a day.
5. How many years did Mustafa stay in his first school before going abroad the first time?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator know about the legendary flooding of the Nile?
2. What is the name of the narrator's favorite tree?
3. Where is Mustafa from?
4. What does the narrator hear about Mustafa during the conversation in the train?
5. Who was the public prosecutor at Mustafa's trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator tell you about the steamer that brings him to his old village?
2. What do you know about the legendary flooding of the Nile described in the book?
3. What did the narrator do after Mustafa told him his story?
4. What did you learn about Mustafa's trial in the pages 19-44?
5. What does Mustafa have to do with the topic of mixed marriages?
6. What did Mustafa's school career look like?
7. What did the narrator's companion on the train in Khartoum tell him about Mustafa and how did he react to this information?
8. How does the house of the narrator's grandfather look like?
9. What did Mustafa want for his sons?
10. What did grandfather tell the narrator about Wad Rayyes?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)