|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator think Mustafa died?
(a) By disease or suffocation.
(b) By disease or suicide.
(c) By drowning or suicide.
(d) By drowning or disease.
2. Who was the public prosecutor at Mustafa's trial?
(a) One of his teachers at Oxford.
(b) One of his friends from Cairo.
(c) One of his friends from Oxford.
(d) One of his teachers at Cairo.
3. What religion did they talk about at the grandfather's house?
4. What did Mustafa do when this influential man appeared?
(a) Offer him tea.
(b) Run away.
(c) Hide somewhere.
(d) Talk to him.
5. How many siblings does Mustafa have?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mustafa travel around Europe, the Orient and India?
2. What was presumed about Mustafa by the group of people the narrator talks to?
3. What does the narrator's father do when he has tea with his family again?
4. How many months a year dioesthe narrator spend in the village he grew up in?
5. Who did Wad want to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was left for the narrator after Mustafa disappears?
2. What do you know about the narrator's grandfather as a person?
3. How can you relate the narrator to the Acacia tree?
4. What does Mustafa have to do with the topic of mixed marriages?
5. What did Mustafa do after he was released from prison?
6. Which woman did Mustafa meet at a party in Chelsea and what happened to her?
7. What did the narrator learn on the way back to the village by donkey?
8. What do you know about the legendary flooding of the Nile described in the book?
9. How do the narrator and Mustafa first meet and what do they learn about each other?
10. Who was the strange man in the village when the narrator gets back and how does he describe this man?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)