|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Sudanese independence?
2. How wass the grandfather's house built?
3. What is Mustafa's last name?
4. What had instructions about what to do in the event of Mustafa's death?
(a) A letter.
(b) A diary.
(c) A postcard.
(d) A testament.
5. What were Western women called in the stories at grandfather's house?
(a) Infidel women.
(b) Ugly women.
(c) Smart women.
(d) Pretty women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator do after leaving Mustafa's house the night Mustafa told his story?
2. What did the villagers begin to build at one point?
3. How many months a year dioesthe narrator spend in the village he grew up in?
4. What did the narrator miss most during his absence in the village?
5. With who did they banter back and forth about their sexual exploits at grandfather's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can you relate the narrator to the Acacia tree?
2. How was Mustafa treated during his time in Cairo?
3. What did Mustafa's school career look like?
4. What happened to Mustafa when he meets a man on horseback?
5. What do you know about Mustafa's family and how did that affect him?
6. How do the narrator and Mustafa first meet and what do they learn about each other?
7. What do you know about the legendary flooding of the Nile described in the book?
8. What did Mustafa do after he was released from prison?
9. What else, after the conversation about Western women, was being talked about in grandfather's house the same day?
10. What was left for the narrator after Mustafa disappears?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)