|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days following their introduction do the narrator and Mustafa have dinner?
(a) In two days.
(b) The next day.
(c) In four days.
(d) In ten days.
2. How many siblings does Mustafa have?
3. How long did it take Mustafa to learn to write?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
4. Where did Mustafa meet Jean Morris?
(a) In Cairo.
(b) In Khartoum.
(c) In Chelsea.
(d) In Dublin.
5. What religion did they talk about at the grandfather's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who should be given the key to the triangular room eventually?
2. What does the narrator say about Western women?
3. How do the narrator and his grandfather feel about seeing each other?
4. What else does the man on the train talk to the narrator about?
5. What kind of life did the grandfather live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you know about Mustafa's family and how did that affect him?
2. What does the narrator tell his family about the Europeans?
3. How can you relate the narrator to the Acacia tree?
4. How does the narrator's knowledge of Mustafa conflict with that of his acquaintances from the University of Khartoum?
5. What is being said about Western women during a conversation at the grandfather's house?
6. What did you learn about Mustafa's trial in the pages 19-44?
7. What do you know about the legendary flooding of the Nile described in the book?
8. What happened on the train one day, when the narrator works at the Department of Education in Khartoum?
9. What did the narrator do after Mustafa told him his story?
10. What does the narrator tell you about the steamer that brings him to his old village?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)