|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after Mustafa's death did the narrator go to work at the Department of Education in Khartoum?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Four years.
2. What did Mustafa suffer from?
(c) A chronic disease.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
3. What religion did they talk about at the grandfather's house?
4. Who is the narrator guardian of?
(a) Mustafa's children.
(b) Wad's children.
(c) Mustafa's wife.
(d) Wad's sister.
5. When did legendary flooding of the Nile occur?
(a) Every 20 or 30 years.
(b) Every 100 years.
(d) Every 40 or 50 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator talk about when he returns to the village he grew up in?
2. How many months a year dioesthe narrator spend in the village he grew up in?
3. Who did Wad want to marry?
4. How many siblings does Mustafa have?
5. Who should be given the key to the triangular room eventually?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator tell his family about the Europeans?
2. What did the narrator learn on the way back to the village by donkey?
3. Whose story did the narrator interrupt when arriving at his grandfather's house one day and what was the story about?
4. How do the narrator and Mustafa first meet and what do they learn about each other?
5. What did Mustafa want for his sons?
6. Who was the strange man in the village when the narrator gets back and how does he describe this man?
7. Does Mustafa Sa'eed become an obsession for the narrator?
8. Which woman did Mustafa meet at a party in Chelsea and what happened to her?
9. What did Mustafa's school career look like?
10. What do you know about Mustafa's family and how did that affect him?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)