|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do when he hears the story about Mustafa in the train?
(a) He listens.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He says he knew Mustafa as well.
(d) He says he doesn't know who Mustafa is.
2. Where did Mustafa go to school when he had to go abroad for the first time?
3. Why did Mustafa marry Jean?
(a) Because he loved her very much.
(b) Because she wanted to get married.
(c) Because she wanted children.
(d) Because he wanted her money.
4. How does the narrator think Mustafa died?
(a) By drowning or suicide.
(b) By disease or suffocation.
(c) By drowning or disease.
(d) By disease or suicide.
5. Who did Wad want to marry?
(a) The wife of the narrator.
(b) Bint Mazjoub.
(c) The narrator's mother.
(d) The widow of Mustafa Sa'eed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the villagers begin to build at one point?
2. What is Mustafa's last name?
3. Where is Mustafa from?
4. What happened to Mustafa during the big flooding?
5. When did Mustafa travel around Europe, the Orient and India?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can you relate the narrator to the Acacia tree?
2. What do you know about the narrator's grandfather as a person?
3. What did the narrator do after Mustafa told him his story?
4. What did Mustafa do after he was released from prison?
5. What does the narrator tell his family about the Europeans?
6. What do you know about the legendary flooding of the Nile described in the book?
7. What else, after the conversation about Western women, was being talked about in grandfather's house the same day?
8. What did the narrator learn on the way back to the village by donkey?
9. What did Mustafa's school career look like?
10. How was Mustafa treated during his time in Cairo?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)