|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did they talk about at the grandfather's house?
2. What did Mustafa do as the first Sudanese?
(a) Marry a French woman.
(b) Marry an English woman.
(c) Marry an Egyptian woman.
(d) Marry only one woman at a time.
3. When was the last time Mustafa saw his mother?
(a) While he was at school abroad.
(b) When he got married.
(c) Before he went to school abroad.
(d) After he went to school abroad.
4. In what has the narrator earned a doctorate?
5. What does the subject turn to during the narrator's visit to the group of people, a month after the train conversation?
(c) Mixed marriages.
(d) Mixed drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator not want Mustafa to become for him?
2. What did the narrator miss most during his absence in the village?
3. How often did the steamer come to the narrator's childhood village?
4. How many siblings does Mustafa have?
5. How many different women was Mustafa living with simultaneously when he was with Jean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the narrator learn on the way back to the village by donkey?
2. How can you relate the narrator to the Acacia tree?
3. What is being said about Western women during a conversation at the grandfather's house?
4. Which woman did Mustafa meet at a party in Chelsea and what happened to her?
5. What did the narrator do after Mustafa told him his story?
6. What did the narrator's companion on the train in Khartoum tell him about Mustafa and how did he react to this information?
7. How can you tell that the village life seems unchanged to the narrator when he gets back after all those years?
8. What was left for the narrator after Mustafa disappears?
9. What does Mustafa have to do with the topic of mixed marriages?
10. What did Mustafa's school career look like?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)