|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mustafa do as the first Sudanese?
(a) Marry an Egyptian woman.
(b) Marry a French woman.
(c) Marry only one woman at a time.
(d) Marry an English woman.
2. Who is telling a story when the narrator arrives at his grandfather's house?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His uncle.
3. What were tribal women that Western women are not?
4. Why did Mustafa decide to stay in the village after leaving the place he was from?
(a) Because he likes it.
(b) Because he gets offered a job.
(c) Because he meets the narrator.
(d) Because he falls in love with a woman.
5. What does the narrator's sister think about Western women?
(a) That they are not as knowledgeable as their tribal women.
(b) That they are not as healthy as their tribal women.
(c) That they are not as attractive as their tribal women.
(d) That they are not as stupid as their tribal women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had instructions about what to do in the event of Mustafa's death?
2. How does the narrator know about the legendary flooding of the Nile?
3. Which gift does Mustafa bring the narrator when he visits his house?
4. When did Mustafa travel around Europe, the Orient and India?
5. When was the Sudanese independence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on the train one day, when the narrator works at the Department of Education in Khartoum?
2. What did Mustafa want for his sons?
3. What does the narrator tell you about the steamer that brings him to his old village?
4. How do the narrator and Mustafa first meet and what do they learn about each other?
5. Whose story did the narrator interrupt when arriving at his grandfather's house one day and what was the story about?
6. What did Mustafa do after he was released from prison?
7. How does the house of the narrator's grandfather look like?
8. What does the narrator tell his family about the Europeans?
9. What did the narrator learn on the way back to the village by donkey?
10. What do you know about Mustafa's family and how did that affect him?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)