|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator feel towards Mustafa while in the triangular room?
2. What did the narrator find in the triangular room?
(a) Gold and jewels.
(b) Books and pictures.
(c) Several weapons.
(d) Medals and pictures.
3. Who did the narrator talk about the murders with, after visiting his sister?
(a) His mother.
(b) His friend Mahjoub.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
4. What was the narrator being told by the person who picks him up?
(a) That the boys were all right.
(b) That his father was all right.
(c) That Hosna was all right.
(d) That his grandfather was all right.
5. Who tried to prevent the tragedy at Wad's house?
(b) The narrator.
(d) The neighbors.
6. What kinds of things did people in the narrator's village normally not do?
(a) Help somebody.
(b) Murder somebody.
(c) Laugh at somebody.
(d) Marry somebody.
7. How far did the narrator get before he couldn't go any further?
(a) A third of the way.
(b) Almost there.
(c) Half way across.
(d) Two thirds of the way.
8. How did the narrator leave the triangular room?
(a) He ran.
(b) He crawled.
(c) He slid.
(d) He walked.
9. What did the narrator relate his knowledge of the women in the pictures to?
(a) To events that he has heard about from his family.
(b) To events he read about in the newspaper.
(c) To events that occured at the trial.
(d) To events known by nobody but him.
10. What did the narrator do with his thoughts of Mustafa and Hosna when he leaves the triangular room?
(a) He left them behind him.
(b) He talked about them to his friends.
(c) He sang about them.
(d) He kept thinking about them.
11. Where did Mustafa's car stop for servicing?
(a) At an oasis.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) At a fuel station.
(d) At a bar.
12. Why was the land of the narrator condemned?
(a) Because of the heat.
(b) Because of the rain.
(c) Because of the storms.
(d) Because of its people.
13. Who did the narrator talk to when Mahmoud and Sa'eed left?
(a) To Mustafa.
(b) To Mustafa's widow.
(c) To Wad.
(d) To his grandfather.
14. Where did Mrs. Robinson live?
(d) The Isle of Wight.
15. Who are Mahmoud and Sa'eed?
(a) The narrator's nephews.
(b) Wad's children.
(c) The narrator's children.
(d) Mustafa's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
2. What is the name of the narrator's sister?
3. Who met the narrator when he arrived back into the village by steamer?
4. What did the narrator do to the triangular room?
5. What did the narrator think to do with the room when he leaves?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)