|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Mahmoud and Sa'eed?
(a) Mustafa's children.
(b) The narrator's nephews.
(c) The narrator's children.
(d) Wad's children.
2. Who did the narrator talk to when Mahmoud and Sa'eed left?
(a) To Mustafa.
(b) To his grandfather.
(c) To Wad.
(d) To Mustafa's widow.
3. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) 32 days.
(d) 28 days.
4. How did the narrator leave the triangular room?
(a) He ran.
(b) He walked.
(c) He crawled.
(d) He slid.
5. What happened to the narrator while he looked around in the triangular room?
(a) Many thoughts went through his head.
(b) He wanted to leave.
(c) He felt hungry.
(d) No thoughts went through his head.
6. Where did Mrs. Robinson live?
(d) The Isle of Wight.
7. Who had the key to Mustafa's special room?
(a) The narrator's friend Mahjoub.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Mustafa's children.
8. How did the narrator and his driver try to escape the heat of the sun?
(a) By asking around for a good place to hide.
(b) By going back in the car.
(c) By looking for a place in the shade.
(d) By going to a bar.
9. Why did the narrator and his driver stop by a government car?
(a) Because they were too hot.
(b) Because it was disabled.
(c) Because it was on fire.
(d) Because the occupants requested them to stop.
10. How did the narrator try to get to where he wants to go at the end of the book?
(a) He swam.
(b) He drove.
(c) He took the plane.
(d) He walked.
11. What will Hosna do if she's forced to marry Wad?
(a) She will kill Wad and herself.
(b) She will forget about Mustafa.
(c) She will kill her kids.
(d) She will be a happy woman.
12. What did the narrator find in the triangular room?
(a) Medals and pictures.
(b) Several weapons.
(c) Gold and jewels.
(d) Books and pictures.
13. What did Hosna do when she thought about Mustafa?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She sobbed.
(c) She made food.
(d) She smiled.
14. What did the narrator decide to do when he gets caught in something?
(a) To eat.
(b) To think.
(c) To die.
(d) To live.
15. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
(a) The educational conference.
(b) A new hospital.
(c) The agricultural conference.
(d) A new university.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator regret not having done?
2. Who met the narrator when he arrived back into the village by steamer?
3. What did the narrator feel like doing when he leaves Mustafa's house?
4. Who asked for a cigarette when the narrator and his driver are out in the hot sun?
5. How does the narrator finish the story of Mustafa?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)