|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator regret not telling Hosna?
(a) How he felt about her.
(b) How to get into the triangular room.
(c) How he felt about Mustafa's boys.
(d) How she should leave the village.
2. How old is Mahmoud?
3. How did the narrator try to get to where he wants to go at the end of the book?
(a) He drove.
(b) He took the plane.
(c) He walked.
(d) He swam.
4. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
(a) 28 days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) 32 days.
5. Who did the narrator talk to when Mahmoud and Sa'eed left?
(a) To Wad.
(b) To his grandfather.
(c) To Mustafa.
(d) To Mustafa's widow.
6. What resulted in the death of Hosna, according to the narrator?
(a) Her forced marriage to Wad.
(b) Her marriage to Mustafa.
(c) Her relationship with her sons.
(d) Her relationship with the villagers.
7. What did they have planned for the boys since the narrator was in town?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A church ceremony.
(c) A circumcision ceremony.
(d) A wedding ceremony.
8. Where did the two cars go after their occupants met?
(a) To Europe.
(b) The same way.
(c) Seperate ways.
(d) No where.
9. How long had the person asking for the cigarette been traveling?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two weeks.
10. What did the narrator do with the door of the courtyard when leaving?
(a) He painted it.
(b) He locked it.
(c) He destroyed it.
(d) He replaced it.
11. How did the narrator feel about Hosna?
(a) He didn't particularly like her.
(b) He hated her.
(c) He liked her as a friend.
(d) He was in love with her.
12. How did the narrator leave the triangular room?
(a) He walked.
(b) He ran.
(c) He slid.
(d) He crawled.
13. Why did the narrator visit his sister?
(a) To get a letter from Hosna.
(b) To avoid an argument.
(c) To get information about the murders.
(d) Because he loves her.
14. What did Hosna do when she thought about Mustafa?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She smiled.
(c) She made food.
(d) She sobbed.
15. What killed Wad and Hosna?
(a) A rope.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wad say when he heard Hosna's reaction to the marriage plans?
2. Who was the narrator thinking about during his drive away from the village?
3. What would Hosna not do to Wad for two weeks after the wedding?
4. How old is Sa'eed?
5. Who had the key to Mustafa's special room?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)