|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the narrator while he looked around in the triangular room?
(a) He wanted to leave.
(b) He felt hungry.
(c) No thoughts went through his head.
(d) Many thoughts went through his head.
2. Who was the narrator thinking about during his drive away from the village?
(c) His grandfather.
(d) Mustafa's boys.
3. Where did the two cars go after their occupants met?
(a) To Europe.
(b) No where.
(c) Seperate ways.
(d) The same way.
4. Why could Mahjoub not question the conference delegate?
(a) Because it was too hot.
(b) Because he disappeared.
(c) Because it was inappropriate.
(d) Because he didn't want to talk anymore.
5. What did the narrator do with his thoughts of Mustafa and Hosna when he leaves the triangular room?
(a) He talked about them to his friends.
(b) He sang about them.
(c) He kept thinking about them.
(d) He left them behind him.
6. In what kind of condition were the narrator and his friend Mahjoub in when they talked about Mustafa?
7. How did the narrator feel about Hosna?
(a) He was in love with her.
(b) He hated her.
(c) He didn't particularly like her.
(d) He liked her as a friend.
8. Where did the narrator go to after leaving Mustafa's house?
(a) The swimming pool.
(b) The pond.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The river.
9. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
(a) 32 days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) 28 days.
10. Where did Mustafa's car stop for servicing?
(a) At an oasis.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) At a bar.
(d) At a fuel station.
11. Which war did Mustafa write comments about in the letter to the narrator?
(a) The Sudanese War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
12. What did the narrator do when he's tired of looking over the contents in the triangular room?
(a) He fell asleep.
(b) He cried.
(c) He talked to Mustafa's sons.
(d) He departed.
13. What killed Wad and Hosna?
(b) A knife.
(c) A rope.
(d) A gun.
14. How did the narrator try to get help when caught in something at the end of the book?
(a) He sounded a horn.
(b) He called out.
(c) He whistled.
(d) He wrote a letter.
15. Why did the narrator and his driver stop by a government car?
(a) Because it was disabled.
(b) Because it was on fire.
(c) Because they were too hot.
(d) Because the occupants requested them to stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hosna think Mustafa knew he was going to be gone?
2. Where did the narrator leave for after the ceremony in his village?
3. What did the narrator feel when he's done looking around in the triangular room?
4. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
5. What did the narrator ask Hosna?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)