|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) 32 days.
(c) 28 days.
(d) One month.
2. Who was the narrator thinking about during his ghastly journey to the village?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His friend Mahjoub.
(d) The boys.
3. What did the narrator feel towards the women in the pictures?
(a) He felt why they loved Mustafa.
(b) He felt sorry for all of them.
(c) He felt that he has come to know them.
(d) He felt in love with them.
4. Why did the narrator feel he lost the war?
(a) Because he killed a few people.
(b) Because the enemy was stronger.
(c) Because he acted in a correct way.
(d) Because he didn't act when he could have.
5. Where did the narrator go the day after he hears about Wad's marriage plans?
(a) To the house of Mustafa Sa'eed.
(b) To the house of his grandfather.
(c) To the house of Wad.
(d) To the house of his mother.
6. What did the narrator ask Hosna?
(a) If she loved Wad.
(b) If she loved Mustafa.
(c) If she hated Mustafa.
(d) If she loved him.
7. Where did the narrator fight his way to at the end of the book?
(b) To the bottom.
(c) To the surface.
(d) To the other side.
8. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's dreams.
(b) Mustafa's life story.
(c) Mustafa's finances.
(d) Mustafa's love story.
9. In what kind of condition were the narrator and his friend Mahjoub in when they talked about Mustafa?
10. What would Hosna not do to Wad for two weeks after the wedding?
(b) Cook dinner.
11. What did the narrator find in the triangular room?
(a) Medals and pictures.
(b) Books and pictures.
(c) Several weapons.
(d) Gold and jewels.
12. What is the name of the narrator's sister?
(a) Flint Majzoub.
(b) Bint Majzoub.
(c) Flint Mahjoub.
(d) Bint Mahjoub.
13. Who had the key to Mustafa's special room?
(a) The narrator's friend Mahjoub.
(b) Mustafa's children.
(d) The narrator.
14. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
(a) A new university.
(b) The educational conference.
(c) The agricultural conference.
(d) A new hospital.
15. Where did the narrator leave for after the ceremony in his village?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Hosna do if she's forced to marry Wad?
2. What did the narrator wonder about the women he saw pictures of?
3. How far did the narrator get before he couldn't go any further?
4. Why did the narrator want to contact Mrs. Robinson?
5. What did the narrator feel towards Mustafa while in the triangular room?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)