|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the narrator fight his way to at the end of the book?
(b) To the bottom.
(c) To the other side.
(d) To the surface.
2. What kind of a person was Mustafa towards Hosna?
(a) Good and generous.
(b) Awful and rude.
(c) Violent and unforgiving.
(d) Loving and faithful.
3. How far did the narrator get before he couldn't go any further?
(a) Almost there.
(b) A third of the way.
(c) Two thirds of the way.
(d) Half way across.
4. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
(a) 28 days.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) 32 days.
5. What resulted in the death of Hosna, according to the narrator?
(a) Her marriage to Mustafa.
(b) Her relationship with her sons.
(c) Her forced marriage to Wad.
(d) Her relationship with the villagers.
6. What did the narrator do when he's tired of looking over the contents in the triangular room?
(a) He fell asleep.
(b) He departed.
(c) He cried.
(d) He talked to Mustafa's sons.
7. What did they have planned for the boys since the narrator was in town?
(a) A church ceremony.
(b) A circumcision ceremony.
(c) A wedding ceremony.
(d) A birthday party.
8. What did the narrator find in the triangular room?
(a) Gold and jewels.
(b) Books and pictures.
(c) Medals and pictures.
(d) Several weapons.
9. To which school did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub go together?
(a) Elementary School.
(b) Middle School.
(d) High School.
10. Who was the narrator thinking about during his ghastly journey to the village?
(a) His friend Mahjoub.
(b) The boys.
(c) His grandfather.
11. Who tried to prevent the tragedy at Wad's house?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) The narrator.
12. What did the narrator regret not telling Hosna?
(a) How to get into the triangular room.
(b) How she should leave the village.
(c) How he felt about Mustafa's boys.
(d) How he felt about her.
13. What did the narrator think to do with the room when he leaves?
(a) Empty it.
(b) Lock it forever.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Trash it.
14. Where did the narrator want to go when in the water?
(a) The Northern shore.
(c) The Southern shore.
(d) To Europe.
15. What did the narrator feel, realizing his world turned upside down?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mustafa do in his sleep?
2. What did the narrator feel towards Mustafa while in the triangular room?
3. Where did the narrator go to after leaving Mustafa's house?
4. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
5. Who had the key to Mustafa's special room?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)