|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator finish the story of Mustafa?
(a) With a happy ending.
(b) With taking the boys with him.
(c) With how Mustafa died.
(d) He doesn't.
2. What did the narrator wonder after hearing about the tragedy in his village?
(a) He wondered what has happened to his world.
(b) He wondered why it is so hot.
(c) He wondered whether to take Mustafa's boys with him.
(d) He wondered whether he should stay.
3. Who did the narrator talk about the murders with, after visiting his sister?
(a) His friend Mahjoub.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandfather.
4. How did the narrator try to get help when caught in something at the end of the book?
(a) He whistled.
(b) He wrote a letter.
(c) He called out.
(d) He sounded a horn.
5. How did the narrator describe Mustafa while in the room?
(a) As his adversary.
(b) As a wonderul man.
(c) As his best friend.
(d) As his supporter.
6. What did the narrator do with the candles in the triangular room?
(a) He lit them.
(b) He gave them away.
(c) He threw them out.
(d) He puts them out.
7. Who are Mahmoud and Sa'eed?
(a) The narrator's children.
(b) Wad's children.
(c) The narrator's nephews.
(d) Mustafa's children.
8. What will Hosna do if she's forced to marry Wad?
(a) She will kill her kids.
(b) She will kill Wad and herself.
(c) She will forget about Mustafa.
(d) She will be a happy woman.
9. Why did the narrator go back to the village after leaving by car?
(a) Because he received a cable.
(b) Because he received a phone call.
(c) Because somebody told him to in a visit.
(d) Because he received an email.
10. Where did the narrator go to after leaving Mustafa's house?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The river.
(c) The pond.
(d) The swimming pool.
11. What killed Wad and Hosna?
(a) A gun.
(c) A rope.
(d) A knife.
12. Who had the key to Mustafa's special room?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Mustafa's children.
(d) The narrator's friend Mahjoub.
13. What kind of a person was Mustafa towards Hosna?
(a) Violent and unforgiving.
(b) Loving and faithful.
(c) Good and generous.
(d) Awful and rude.
14. Why could Mahjoub not question the conference delegate?
(a) Because it was inappropriate.
(b) Because he didn't want to talk anymore.
(c) Because it was too hot.
(d) Because he disappeared.
15. What did the narrator find in the triangular room?
(a) Medals and pictures.
(b) Several weapons.
(c) Books and pictures.
(d) Gold and jewels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the narrator while he looked around in the triangular room?
2. What did they have planned for the boys since the narrator was in town?
3. What did the narrator regret not telling Hosna?
4. What did Hosna do when she thought about Mustafa?
5. What did the narrator do with the door of the triangular room when leaving?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)