|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator feel like doing when he leaves Mustafa's house?
(c) Going back.
2. How does the narrator finish the story of Mustafa?
(a) With how Mustafa died.
(b) With a happy ending.
(c) With taking the boys with him.
(d) He doesn't.
3. How old is Sa'eed?
4. What did the narrator decide to do when he gets caught in something?
(a) To die.
(b) To think.
(c) To eat.
(d) To live.
5. What did the narrator find in the triangular room?
(a) Books and pictures.
(b) Gold and jewels.
(c) Several weapons.
(d) Medals and pictures.
6. Where did the narrator go to after leaving Mustafa's house?
(a) The swimming pool.
(b) The pond.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The river.
7. What were the occupants of the government car going to do?
(a) Go for lunch.
(b) Arrest a woman who killed her husband.
(c) Hide in the shade.
(d) Arrest the narrator and his driver.
8. Who met the narrator when he arrived back into the village by steamer?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) Mustafa's sons.
(c) His friend Mahjoub.
(d) His father.
9. Where did the narrator go the day after he hears about Wad's marriage plans?
(a) To the house of his mother.
(b) To the house of Mustafa Sa'eed.
(c) To the house of Wad.
(d) To the house of his grandfather.
10. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
(a) 28 days.
(b) One month.
(c) 32 days.
(d) Two weeks.
11. Why did the narrator and his driver stop by a government car?
(a) Because it was on fire.
(b) Because they were too hot.
(c) Because it was disabled.
(d) Because the occupants requested them to stop.
12. How did the narrator and his driver try to escape the heat of the sun?
(a) By going to a bar.
(b) By looking for a place in the shade.
(c) By going back in the car.
(d) By asking around for a good place to hide.
13. Which war did Mustafa write comments about in the letter to the narrator?
(a) The Sudanese War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
14. How did the narrator enter the triangular room?
(a) He got help from his sister.
(b) He forced the door.
(c) With the key.
(d) Mustafa's boys opened the door for him.
15. In what kind of condition were the narrator and his friend Mahjoub in when they talked about Mustafa?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which school did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub go together?
2. What kinds of things did people in the narrator's village normally not do?
3. What resulted in the death of Hosna, according to the narrator?
4. How did the narrator feel about Hosna?
5. What did the narrator do to the triangular room?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)