|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did the narrator get before he couldn't go any further?
(a) Half way across.
(b) Two thirds of the way.
(c) Almost there.
(d) A third of the way.
2. How long had the person asking for the cigarette been traveling?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two weeks.
3. Where did the narrator go to after leaving Mustafa's house?
(a) The pond.
(b) The river.
(c) The swimming pool.
(d) The ocean.
4. What is the name of the narrator's sister?
(a) Bint Mahjoub.
(b) Bint Majzoub.
(c) Flint Majzoub.
(d) Flint Mahjoub.
5. What kinds of things did people in the narrator's village normally not do?
(a) Laugh at somebody.
(b) Marry somebody.
(c) Help somebody.
(d) Murder somebody.
6. Why did the narrator feel he lost the war?
(a) Because he acted in a correct way.
(b) Because he didn't act when he could have.
(c) Because the enemy was stronger.
(d) Because he killed a few people.
7. How does the narrator finish the story of Mustafa?
(a) With taking the boys with him.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) With a happy ending.
(d) With how Mustafa died.
8. Where did the narrator leave for after the ceremony in his village?
9. How old is Mahmoud?
10. What did the narrator do with the door of the triangular room when leaving?
(a) He replaced it.
(b) He locked it.
(c) He destroyed it.
(d) He painted it.
11. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's love story.
(b) Mustafa's life story.
(c) Mustafa's finances.
(d) Mustafa's dreams.
12. How did the narrator try to get to where he wants to go at the end of the book?
(a) He walked.
(b) He took the plane.
(c) He drove.
(d) He swam.
13. Why could Mahjoub not question the conference delegate?
(a) Because he didn't want to talk anymore.
(b) Because it was too hot.
(c) Because it was inappropriate.
(d) Because he disappeared.
14. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
(a) 32 days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) 28 days.
15. What kind of a person was Mustafa towards Hosna?
(a) Awful and rude.
(b) Violent and unforgiving.
(c) Good and generous.
(d) Loving and faithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the narrator describe Mustafa while in the room?
2. How did the narrator enter the triangular room?
3. Why did the narrator go back to the village after leaving by car?
4. What did the narrator do when he's tired of looking over the contents in the triangular room?
5. What did the narrator feel, realizing his world turned upside down?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)