|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's love story.
(b) Mustafa's dreams.
(c) Mustafa's finances.
(d) Mustafa's life story.
2. What is the name of the narrator's sister?
(a) Flint Mahjoub.
(b) Bint Majzoub.
(c) Bint Mahjoub.
(d) Flint Majzoub.
3. What did the narrator wonder about the women he saw pictures of?
(a) Why they are so pretty.
(b) Why they have their pictures in this room.
(c) Why they loved Mustafa.
(d) Why they committed suicide.
4. What did the narrator find in the triangular room?
(a) Medals and pictures.
(b) Gold and jewels.
(c) Books and pictures.
(d) Several weapons.
5. Why did the narrator go back to the village after leaving by car?
(a) Because he received an email.
(b) Because he received a cable.
(c) Because he received a phone call.
(d) Because somebody told him to in a visit.
6. What did Hosna do when she thought about Mustafa?
(a) She smiled.
(b) She sobbed.
(c) She made food.
(d) She ran away.
7. What did the narrator wonder after hearing about the tragedy in his village?
(a) He wondered what has happened to his world.
(b) He wondered whether he should stay.
(c) He wondered why it is so hot.
(d) He wondered whether to take Mustafa's boys with him.
8. What did the narrator feel towards the women in the pictures?
(a) He felt why they loved Mustafa.
(b) He felt in love with them.
(c) He felt that he has come to know them.
(d) He felt sorry for all of them.
9. How did the narrator try to get help when caught in something at the end of the book?
(a) He called out.
(b) He whistled.
(c) He wrote a letter.
(d) He sounded a horn.
10. How did the narrator feel about Hosna?
(a) He liked her as a friend.
(b) He didn't particularly like her.
(c) He was in love with her.
(d) He hated her.
11. What would Hosna not do to Wad for two weeks after the wedding?
(b) Cook dinner.
12. How did the narrator leave the triangular room?
(a) He crawled.
(b) He slid.
(c) He ran.
(d) He walked.
13. What reason for his visit did the narrator give his mother?
(a) His mother.
(b) The boys.
(d) His grandfather.
14. Why did Hosna think Mustafa knew he was going to be gone?
(a) He told her about it.
(b) He put his affairs in order.
(c) He mentioned this to his children.
(d) He wrote her a letter about it.
15. How old is Sa'eed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the narrator think about as he reads about Jean Morris?
2. What did the narrator do with the door of the triangular room when leaving?
3. How far did the narrator get before he couldn't go any further?
4. Where did the narrator leave for after the ceremony in his village?
5. Who did a conference delegate praise about to Mahjoub?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)