|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had the person asking for the cigarette been traveling?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Four days.
2. What would Hosna not do to Wad for two weeks after the wedding?
(c) Cook dinner.
3. What kind of a person was Mustafa towards Hosna?
(a) Violent and unforgiving.
(b) Good and generous.
(c) Loving and faithful.
(d) Awful and rude.
4. What was the narrator being told by the person who picks him up?
(a) That Hosna was all right.
(b) That his father was all right.
(c) That the boys were all right.
(d) That his grandfather was all right.
5. What did they have planned for the boys since the narrator was in town?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A wedding ceremony.
(c) A circumcision ceremony.
(d) A church ceremony.
6. What did Hosna do when she thought about Mustafa?
(a) She sobbed.
(b) She made food.
(c) She smiled.
(d) She ran away.
7. What did the narrator feel towards the women in the pictures?
(a) He felt that he has come to know them.
(b) He felt why they loved Mustafa.
(c) He felt in love with them.
(d) He felt sorry for all of them.
8. What will Hosna do if she's forced to marry Wad?
(a) She will kill Wad and herself.
(b) She will kill her kids.
(c) She will be a happy woman.
(d) She will forget about Mustafa.
9. How did the narrator try to get help when caught in something at the end of the book?
(a) He sounded a horn.
(b) He wrote a letter.
(c) He whistled.
(d) He called out.
10. When did the narrator go see his sister?
(a) On the first day of his visit.
(b) On the third day of his visit.
(c) On the fourth day of his visit.
(d) On the second day of his visit.
11. What did the narrator ask Hosna?
(a) If she loved him.
(b) If she loved Wad.
(c) If she hated Mustafa.
(d) If she loved Mustafa.
12. What did the narrator regret not having done?
(a) Taking the boys.
(b) Marrying Hosna.
(c) Going in Mustafa's special room.
(d) Talking to his grandfather.
13. Why did the narrator and his driver stop by a government car?
(a) Because it was on fire.
(b) Because it was disabled.
(c) Because they were too hot.
(d) Because the occupants requested them to stop.
14. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's finances.
(b) Mustafa's dreams.
(c) Mustafa's love story.
(d) Mustafa's life story.
15. How many cigarettes did the narrator give the person who asked for one?
(c) The whole pack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator think about another fire in the village?
2. What did the narrator wonder after hearing about the tragedy in his village?
3. Who tried to prevent the tragedy at Wad's house?
4. Why did the narrator go back to the village after leaving by car?
5. How did the narrator try to get to where he wants to go at the end of the book?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)