|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator feel like doing when he leaves Mustafa's house?
(b) Going back.
2. Why did the narrator and his driver stop by a government car?
(a) Because it was on fire.
(b) Because it was disabled.
(c) Because the occupants requested them to stop.
(d) Because they were too hot.
3. What did the narrator find in the triangular room?
(a) Books and pictures.
(b) Medals and pictures.
(c) Gold and jewels.
(d) Several weapons.
4. Who was the narrator thinking about during his ghastly journey to the village?
(a) His friend Mahjoub.
(b) His grandfather.
(d) The boys.
5. What did the narrator feel towards the women in the pictures?
(a) He felt why they loved Mustafa.
(b) He felt sorry for all of them.
(c) He felt that he has come to know them.
(d) He felt in love with them.
6. Where did the narrator want to go when in the water?
(a) The Northern shore.
(b) The Southern shore.
(d) To Europe.
7. What did Mustafa do in his sleep?
(a) He mumbled.
(b) He sleep walked.
(c) He sang.
(d) He cursed.
8. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's dreams.
(b) Mustafa's love story.
(c) Mustafa's life story.
(d) Mustafa's finances.
9. Who tried to prevent the tragedy at Wad's house?
(a) The narrator.
(d) The neighbors.
10. Why could Mahjoub not question the conference delegate?
(a) Because it was too hot.
(b) Because he disappeared.
(c) Because he didn't want to talk anymore.
(d) Because it was inappropriate.
11. What reason for his visit did the narrator give his mother?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) The boys.
(d) His mother.
12. What did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub banter about being in Mustafa's special room?
(a) Lots of paperwork.
(b) Gold and Jewels.
(c) Multiple weapens.
13. Who did the narrator think about as he reads about Jean Morris?
(d) His mother.
14. What did the narrator feel towards Mustafa while in the triangular room?
15. What resulted in the death of Hosna, according to the narrator?
(a) Her marriage to Mustafa.
(b) Her relationship with her sons.
(c) Her forced marriage to Wad.
(d) Her relationship with the villagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of things did people in the narrator's village normally not do?
2. Who asked for a cigarette when the narrator and his driver are out in the hot sun?
3. Where did the narrator go the day after he hears about Wad's marriage plans?
4. Why did the narrator want to contact Mrs. Robinson?
5. What did the narrator wonder about the women he saw pictures of?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)