|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator regret not having done?
(a) Marrying Hosna.
(b) Going in Mustafa's special room.
(c) Taking the boys.
(d) Talking to his grandfather.
2. How does the narrator finish the story of Mustafa?
(a) With a happy ending.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) With how Mustafa died.
(d) With taking the boys with him.
3. Where did Mrs. Robinson live?
(c) The Isle of Wight.
4. Who did a conference delegate praise about to Mahjoub?
(c) The narrator.
(d) Mustafa Sa'eed.
5. What did the narrator decide to do with Mrs. Robinson?
(a) Visit her.
(b) Write her.
(c) Fax her.
(d) Call her.
6. Who had the key to Mustafa's special room?
(b) The narrator's friend Mahjoub.
(c) Mustafa's children.
(d) The narrator.
7. What did Hosna think about getting married again?
(a) She would like to get married again.
(b) She wanted to get married, but not with Wad.
(c) She only wanted to get married with a rich guy.
(d) She didn't want another man after Mustafa.
8. What happened to the narrator while he looked around in the triangular room?
(a) He wanted to leave.
(b) Many thoughts went through his head.
(c) He felt hungry.
(d) No thoughts went through his head.
9. Why did the narrator feel he lost the war?
(a) Because the enemy was stronger.
(b) Because he didn't act when he could have.
(c) Because he killed a few people.
(d) Because he acted in a correct way.
10. Which war did Mustafa write comments about in the letter to the narrator?
(a) The Sudanese War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
11. How old is Sa'eed?
12. What did Mustafa have in Khartoum?
(a) Another child.
(b) A business.
(c) A testament.
(d) A fancy car.
13. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
(a) A new university.
(b) A new hospital.
(c) The agricultural conference.
(d) The educational conference.
14. What did the narrator decide to do when he gets caught in something?
(a) To think.
(b) To live.
(c) To eat.
(d) To die.
15. Where did the narrator leave for after the ceremony in his village?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the narrator talk about the murders with, after visiting his sister?
2. What did the narrator ask Hosna?
3. What killed Wad and Hosna?
4. What were the occupants of the government car going to do?
5. Where did the narrator go the day after he hears about Wad's marriage plans?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)