|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the two cars go after their occupants met?
(a) To Europe.
(b) The same way.
(c) No where.
(d) Seperate ways.
2. What did the narrator regret not having done?
(a) Marrying Hosna.
(b) Going in Mustafa's special room.
(c) Talking to his grandfather.
(d) Taking the boys.
3. How did the narrator try to get help when caught in something at the end of the book?
(a) He whistled.
(b) He wrote a letter.
(c) He called out.
(d) He sounded a horn.
4. Who was the narrator thinking about during his drive away from the village?
(a) His grandfather.
(d) Mustafa's boys.
5. Who did the narrator talk about the murders with, after visiting his sister?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His friend Mahjoub.
6. Who are Mahmoud and Sa'eed?
(a) Mustafa's children.
(b) Wad's children.
(c) The narrator's nephews.
(d) The narrator's children.
7. What did the narrator do with the door of the triangular room when leaving?
(a) He locked it.
(b) He replaced it.
(c) He painted it.
(d) He destroyed it.
8. What was the narrator being told by the person who picks him up?
(a) That the boys were all right.
(b) That his grandfather was all right.
(c) That his father was all right.
(d) That Hosna was all right.
9. What did the narrator feel, realizing his world turned upside down?
10. What did the narrator do to the triangular room?
(a) He destroyed it.
(c) He burned it.
(d) He painted it.
11. Why could Mahjoub not question the conference delegate?
(a) Because he disappeared.
(b) Because he didn't want to talk anymore.
(c) Because it was inappropriate.
(d) Because it was too hot.
12. How did the narrator and his driver try to escape the heat of the sun?
(a) By asking around for a good place to hide.
(b) By going to a bar.
(c) By looking for a place in the shade.
(d) By going back in the car.
13. What did the narrator think to do with the room when he leaves?
(a) Trash it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Lock it forever.
(d) Empty it.
14. What did the narrator do with the door of the courtyard when leaving?
(a) He painted it.
(b) He locked it.
(c) He replaced it.
(d) He destroyed it.
15. Why did Hosna think Mustafa knew he was going to be gone?
(a) He told her about it.
(b) He wrote her a letter about it.
(c) He put his affairs in order.
(d) He mentioned this to his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mahmoud?
2. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
3. To which school did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub go together?
4. In what kind of condition were the narrator and his friend Mahjoub in when they talked about Mustafa?
5. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)