|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what kind of condition were the narrator and his friend Mahjoub in when they talked about Mustafa?
2. How old is Sa'eed?
3. Why did the narrator visit his sister?
(a) To avoid an argument.
(b) To get a letter from Hosna.
(c) To get information about the murders.
(d) Because he loves her.
4. Where did Mrs. Robinson live?
(d) The Isle of Wight.
5. Why did the narrator want to contact Mrs. Robinson?
(a) She lived with Mustafa.
(b) She was Mustafa's wife.
(c) She was Mustafa's best friend.
(d) She attended Mustafa's trial.
6. What did Hosna do when she thought about Mustafa?
(a) She made food.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She sobbed.
(d) She smiled.
7. How many cigarettes did the narrator give the person who asked for one?
(b) The whole pack.
8. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's dreams.
(b) Mustafa's love story.
(c) Mustafa's finances.
(d) Mustafa's life story.
9. Where did the narrator go to after leaving Mustafa's house?
(a) The river.
(b) The swimming pool.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The pond.
10. How did the narrator and his driver try to escape the heat of the sun?
(a) By asking around for a good place to hide.
(b) By going to a bar.
(c) By looking for a place in the shade.
(d) By going back in the car.
11. What did the narrator relate his knowledge of the women in the pictures to?
(a) To events that he has heard about from his family.
(b) To events known by nobody but him.
(c) To events he read about in the newspaper.
(d) To events that occured at the trial.
12. What did the narrator feel when he's done looking around in the triangular room?
(a) That he must bring it all to an end.
(b) That he must find Mrs. Robinson.
(c) That he must find his grandfather.
(d) That he must take everything out of the room.
13. What did the narrator find in the triangular room?
(a) Gold and jewels.
(b) Books and pictures.
(c) Medals and pictures.
(d) Several weapons.
14. Who asked for a cigarette when the narrator and his driver are out in the hot sun?
(a) A Bedouin.
(b) A European.
(c) A monk.
(d) A tourist.
15. What would Hosna not do to Wad for two weeks after the wedding?
(d) Cook dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
2. What did Wad say when he heard Hosna's reaction to the marriage plans?
3. What did the narrator feel towards the women in the pictures?
4. What did the narrator do with the door of the courtyard when leaving?
5. What will Hosna do if she's forced to marry Wad?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)