|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator regret not having done?
(a) Going in Mustafa's special room.
(b) Talking to his grandfather.
(c) Marrying Hosna.
(d) Taking the boys.
2. What did the narrator do with the candles in the triangular room?
(a) He puts them out.
(b) He gave them away.
(c) He lit them.
(d) He threw them out.
3. How old is Sa'eed?
4. What did the narrator wonder about the women he saw pictures of?
(a) Why they have their pictures in this room.
(b) Why they loved Mustafa.
(c) Why they are so pretty.
(d) Why they committed suicide.
5. What kinds of things did people in the narrator's village normally not do?
(a) Marry somebody.
(b) Laugh at somebody.
(c) Murder somebody.
(d) Help somebody.
6. To which school did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub go together?
(a) Elementary School.
(b) High School.
(d) Middle School.
7. Why did the narrator and his driver stop by a government car?
(a) Because it was on fire.
(b) Because they were too hot.
(c) Because the occupants requested them to stop.
(d) Because it was disabled.
8. What did the narrator relate his knowledge of the women in the pictures to?
(a) To events he read about in the newspaper.
(b) To events that occured at the trial.
(c) To events known by nobody but him.
(d) To events that he has heard about from his family.
9. How did the narrator leave the triangular room?
(a) He walked.
(b) He slid.
(c) He crawled.
(d) He ran.
10. What did the narrator feel towards the women in the pictures?
(a) He felt that he has come to know them.
(b) He felt why they loved Mustafa.
(c) He felt in love with them.
(d) He felt sorry for all of them.
11. Where did the narrator fight his way to at the end of the book?
(b) To the bottom.
(c) To the other side.
(d) To the surface.
12. Who asked for a cigarette when the narrator and his driver are out in the hot sun?
(a) A European.
(b) A monk.
(c) A Bedouin.
(d) A tourist.
13. What did the narrator regret not telling Hosna?
(a) How he felt about her.
(b) How to get into the triangular room.
(c) How he felt about Mustafa's boys.
(d) How she should leave the village.
14. What did the narrator find in the triangular room?
(a) Gold and jewels.
(b) Medals and pictures.
(c) Several weapons.
(d) Books and pictures.
15. Who was the narrator thinking about during his drive away from the village?
(b) Mustafa's boys.
(d) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did the narrator get before he couldn't go any further?
2. What did Wad say when he heard Hosna's reaction to the marriage plans?
3. Who tried to prevent the tragedy at Wad's house?
4. How did the narrator enter the triangular room?
5. What will Hosna do if she's forced to marry Wad?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)