|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator regret not telling Hosna?
(a) How to get into the triangular room.
(b) How she should leave the village.
(c) How he felt about Mustafa's boys.
(d) How he felt about her.
2. Who are Mahmoud and Sa'eed?
(a) Wad's children.
(b) Mustafa's children.
(c) The narrator's nephews.
(d) The narrator's children.
3. To which school did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub go together?
(a) Elementary School.
(b) High School.
(c) Middle School.
4. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
(a) A new university.
(b) The educational conference.
(c) A new hospital.
(d) The agricultural conference.
5. When did the narrator go see his sister?
(a) On the first day of his visit.
(b) On the fourth day of his visit.
(c) On the second day of his visit.
(d) On the third day of his visit.
6. How many cigarettes did the narrator give the person who asked for one?
(a) The whole pack.
7. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's finances.
(b) Mustafa's love story.
(c) Mustafa's life story.
(d) Mustafa's dreams.
8. Who did the narrator talk about the murders with, after visiting his sister?
(a) His father.
(b) His friend Mahjoub.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His mother.
9. What did Hosna think about getting married again?
(a) She wanted to get married, but not with Wad.
(b) She didn't want another man after Mustafa.
(c) She only wanted to get married with a rich guy.
(d) She would like to get married again.
10. How did the narrator and his driver try to escape the heat of the sun?
(a) By looking for a place in the shade.
(b) By going to a bar.
(c) By asking around for a good place to hide.
(d) By going back in the car.
11. Who did the narrator talk to when Mahmoud and Sa'eed left?
(a) To his grandfather.
(b) To Mustafa.
(c) To Mustafa's widow.
(d) To Wad.
12. Who had the key to Mustafa's special room?
(a) Mustafa's children.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The narrator's friend Mahjoub.
13. How did the narrator describe Mustafa while in the room?
(a) As his adversary.
(b) As his supporter.
(c) As a wonderul man.
(d) As his best friend.
14. Who tried to prevent the tragedy at Wad's house?
(c) The narrator.
(d) The neighbors.
15. Why did Hosna think Mustafa knew he was going to be gone?
(a) He put his affairs in order.
(b) He mentioned this to his children.
(c) He told her about it.
(d) He wrote her a letter about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the narrator try to get to where he wants to go at the end of the book?
2. What did the narrator ask Hosna?
3. Where did the narrator go to after leaving Mustafa's house?
4. How did the narrator leave the triangular room?
5. What did the narrator do with the door of the triangular room when leaving?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)