|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hosna do when she thought about Mustafa?
(a) She sobbed.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She smiled.
(d) She made food.
2. What did the narrator do with his thoughts of Mustafa and Hosna when he leaves the triangular room?
(a) He left them behind him.
(b) He kept thinking about them.
(c) He talked about them to his friends.
(d) He sang about them.
3. How did the narrator try to get to where he wants to go at the end of the book?
(a) He walked.
(b) He swam.
(c) He drove.
(d) He took the plane.
4. What kinds of things did people in the narrator's village normally not do?
(a) Laugh at somebody.
(b) Marry somebody.
(c) Help somebody.
(d) Murder somebody.
5. Who tried to prevent the tragedy at Wad's house?
(b) The neighbors.
(c) The narrator.
6. Which war did Mustafa write comments about in the letter to the narrator?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Sudanese War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
7. How old is Sa'eed?
8. How were Hosna and Wad buried?
(a) Slowly with lots of greetings.
(b) Quickly and without a funeral.
(c) With a busy ceremony.
(d) With a nice funeral.
9. What did the narrator wonder after hearing about the tragedy in his village?
(a) He wondered whether to take Mustafa's boys with him.
(b) He wondered what has happened to his world.
(c) He wondered whether he should stay.
(d) He wondered why it is so hot.
10. How did the narrator describe Mustafa while in the room?
(a) As his supporter.
(b) As his adversary.
(c) As a wonderul man.
(d) As his best friend.
11. When did the narrator go see his sister?
(a) On the fourth day of his visit.
(b) On the first day of his visit.
(c) On the third day of his visit.
(d) On the second day of his visit.
12. Where did the two cars go after their occupants met?
(a) No where.
(b) The same way.
(c) To Europe.
(d) Seperate ways.
13. What did Mustafa have in Khartoum?
(a) A fancy car.
(b) A business.
(c) A testament.
(d) Another child.
14. How did the narrator try to get help when caught in something at the end of the book?
(a) He called out.
(b) He wrote a letter.
(c) He sounded a horn.
(d) He whistled.
15. Who did the narrator talk about the murders with, after visiting his sister?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His mother.
(c) His friend Mahjoub.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had the key to Mustafa's special room?
2. Where did Mustafa's car stop for servicing?
3. What did the narrator find in the triangular room?
4. What did the narrator think to do with the room when he leaves?
5. What did the narrator feel towards Mustafa while in the triangular room?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)