|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the narrator talk to when Mahmoud and Sa'eed left?
(a) To Mustafa's widow.
(b) To Mustafa.
(c) To his grandfather.
(d) To Wad.
2. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's love story.
(b) Mustafa's dreams.
(c) Mustafa's finances.
(d) Mustafa's life story.
3. What did the narrator wonder after hearing about the tragedy in his village?
(a) He wondered why it is so hot.
(b) He wondered what has happened to his world.
(c) He wondered whether to take Mustafa's boys with him.
(d) He wondered whether he should stay.
4. Which war did Mustafa write comments about in the letter to the narrator?
(a) The Sudanese War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
5. Why could Mahjoub not question the conference delegate?
(a) Because it was too hot.
(b) Because it was inappropriate.
(c) Because he disappeared.
(d) Because he didn't want to talk anymore.
6. How did the narrator enter the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's boys opened the door for him.
(b) With the key.
(c) He forced the door.
(d) He got help from his sister.
7. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
(a) The educational conference.
(b) A new hospital.
(c) A new university.
(d) The agricultural conference.
8. What did they have planned for the boys since the narrator was in town?
(a) A circumcision ceremony.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A wedding ceremony.
(d) A church ceremony.
9. What were the occupants of the government car going to do?
(a) Go for lunch.
(b) Arrest the narrator and his driver.
(c) Hide in the shade.
(d) Arrest a woman who killed her husband.
10. Who tried to prevent the tragedy at Wad's house?
(a) The neighbors.
(c) The narrator.
11. Why did the narrator want to contact Mrs. Robinson?
(a) She lived with Mustafa.
(b) She attended Mustafa's trial.
(c) She was Mustafa's best friend.
(d) She was Mustafa's wife.
12. What happened to the narrator while he looked around in the triangular room?
(a) He felt hungry.
(b) No thoughts went through his head.
(c) Many thoughts went through his head.
(d) He wanted to leave.
13. How did the narrator try to get help when caught in something at the end of the book?
(a) He whistled.
(b) He called out.
(c) He wrote a letter.
(d) He sounded a horn.
14. Who was the narrator thinking about during his drive away from the village?
(a) Mustafa's boys.
(c) His grandfather.
15. How did the narrator try to get to where he wants to go at the end of the book?
(a) He walked.
(b) He took the plane.
(c) He drove.
(d) He swam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator decide to do with Mrs. Robinson?
2. Where did the narrator fight his way to at the end of the book?
3. What reason for his visit did the narrator give his mother?
4. Who was the narrator thinking about during his ghastly journey to the village?
5. Where did Mustafa's car stop for servicing?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)