|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mustafa do in his sleep?
(a) He sleep walked.
(b) He mumbled.
(c) He sang.
(d) He cursed.
2. Who was the narrator thinking about during his ghastly journey to the village?
(a) His friend Mahjoub.
(b) The boys.
(c) His grandfather.
3. Who did a conference delegate praise about to Mahjoub?
(b) The narrator.
(d) Mustafa Sa'eed.
4. Who did the narrator talk to when Mahmoud and Sa'eed left?
(a) To Mustafa.
(b) To Mustafa's widow.
(c) To his grandfather.
(d) To Wad.
5. What did the narrator decide to do with Mrs. Robinson?
(a) Call her.
(b) Fax her.
(c) Visit her.
(d) Write her.
6. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's life story.
(b) Mustafa's dreams.
(c) Mustafa's finances.
(d) Mustafa's love story.
7. What was the narrator caught in when he couldn't go any further?
(a) An accident.
(b) His chair.
(c) A net.
(d) The current.
8. Where did the narrator go the day after he hears about Wad's marriage plans?
(a) To the house of his grandfather.
(b) To the house of Wad.
(c) To the house of his mother.
(d) To the house of Mustafa Sa'eed.
9. Where did Mustafa's car stop for servicing?
(a) At a fuel station.
(b) At a bar.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At an oasis.
10. How did the narrator try to get help when caught in something at the end of the book?
(a) He called out.
(b) He whistled.
(c) He wrote a letter.
(d) He sounded a horn.
11. How did the narrator and his driver try to escape the heat of the sun?
(a) By going to a bar.
(b) By looking for a place in the shade.
(c) By going back in the car.
(d) By asking around for a good place to hide.
12. Why could Mahjoub not question the conference delegate?
(a) Because it was inappropriate.
(b) Because he didn't want to talk anymore.
(c) Because he disappeared.
(d) Because it was too hot.
13. What was the narrator being told by the person who picks him up?
(a) That the boys were all right.
(b) That his father was all right.
(c) That his grandfather was all right.
(d) That Hosna was all right.
14. What did the narrator feel like doing when he leaves Mustafa's house?
(b) Going back.
15. Who had the key to Mustafa's special room?
(a) The narrator's friend Mahjoub.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Mustafa's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator feel when he's done looking around in the triangular room?
2. How old is Mahmoud?
3. What did Hosna think about getting married again?
4. How many cigarettes did the narrator give the person who asked for one?
5. What kinds of things did people in the narrator's village normally not do?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)