|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hosna think Mustafa knew he was going to be gone?
(a) He put his affairs in order.
(b) He wrote her a letter about it.
(c) He mentioned this to his children.
(d) He told her about it.
2. What did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub banter about being in Mustafa's special room?
(a) Gold and Jewels.
(c) Multiple weapens.
(d) Lots of paperwork.
3. Why did the narrator and his driver stop by a government car?
(a) Because it was disabled.
(b) Because the occupants requested them to stop.
(c) Because they were too hot.
(d) Because it was on fire.
4. Who did the narrator talk to when Mahmoud and Sa'eed left?
(a) To his grandfather.
(b) To Mustafa.
(c) To Mustafa's widow.
(d) To Wad.
5. How did the narrator leave the triangular room?
(a) He crawled.
(b) He walked.
(c) He ran.
(d) He slid.
6. How old is Sa'eed?
7. What did Hosna think about getting married again?
(a) She didn't want another man after Mustafa.
(b) She only wanted to get married with a rich guy.
(c) She would like to get married again.
(d) She wanted to get married, but not with Wad.
8. What was the narrator caught in when he couldn't go any further?
(a) The current.
(b) His chair.
(c) An accident.
(d) A net.
9. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
(a) One month.
(b) 32 days.
(c) 28 days.
(d) Two weeks.
10. How did the narrator enter the triangular room?
(a) He forced the door.
(b) Mustafa's boys opened the door for him.
(c) He got help from his sister.
(d) With the key.
11. What did the narrator relate his knowledge of the women in the pictures to?
(a) To events that occured at the trial.
(b) To events he read about in the newspaper.
(c) To events known by nobody but him.
(d) To events that he has heard about from his family.
12. What did the narrator feel, realizing his world turned upside down?
13. What did the narrator do to the triangular room?
(a) He painted it.
(c) He burned it.
(d) He destroyed it.
14. How did the narrator feel about Hosna?
(a) He liked her as a friend.
(b) He was in love with her.
(c) He hated her.
(d) He didn't particularly like her.
15. What did the narrator think about another fire in the village?
(a) It would be the best thing to do.
(b) It would not do any good.
(c) It would solve all his problems.
(d) It would show everybody who Mustafa is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Robinson live?
2. How were Hosna and Wad buried?
3. What did the narrator think to do with the room when he leaves?
4. Where did Mustafa's car stop for servicing?
5. Where did the two cars go after their occupants met?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)