|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tried to prevent the tragedy at Wad's house?
(b) The narrator.
(c) The neighbors.
2. What did the narrator do with the door of the courtyard when leaving?
(a) He destroyed it.
(b) He painted it.
(c) He replaced it.
(d) He locked it.
3. What did the narrator feel when he's done looking around in the triangular room?
(a) That he must take everything out of the room.
(b) That he must find Mrs. Robinson.
(c) That he must bring it all to an end.
(d) That he must find his grandfather.
4. Who was the narrator thinking about during his drive away from the village?
(b) His grandfather.
(c) Mustafa's boys.
5. What did Hosna think about getting married again?
(a) She didn't want another man after Mustafa.
(b) She wanted to get married, but not with Wad.
(c) She would like to get married again.
(d) She only wanted to get married with a rich guy.
6. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
(a) A new university.
(b) The agricultural conference.
(c) The educational conference.
(d) A new hospital.
7. How was the weather when the narrator drove out of his village?
8. Where did the narrator want to go when in the water?
(a) To Europe.
(b) The Northern shore.
(c) The Southern shore.
9. What did the narrator find in the triangular room?
(a) Several weapons.
(b) Medals and pictures.
(c) Books and pictures.
(d) Gold and jewels.
10. Why did the narrator and his driver stop by a government car?
(a) Because they were too hot.
(b) Because it was disabled.
(c) Because it was on fire.
(d) Because the occupants requested them to stop.
11. Why could Mahjoub not question the conference delegate?
(a) Because he disappeared.
(b) Because he didn't want to talk anymore.
(c) Because it was inappropriate.
(d) Because it was too hot.
12. How many cigarettes did the narrator give the person who asked for one?
(a) The whole pack.
13. How did the narrator try to get to where he wants to go at the end of the book?
(a) He walked.
(b) He swam.
(c) He drove.
(d) He took the plane.
14. How did the narrator describe Mustafa while in the room?
(a) As his supporter.
(b) As his best friend.
(c) As his adversary.
(d) As a wonderul man.
15. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) 32 days.
(c) One month.
(d) 28 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the narrator think about as he reads about Jean Morris?
2. Who are Mahmoud and Sa'eed?
3. What kinds of things did people in the narrator's village normally not do?
4. Where did the narrator fight his way to at the end of the book?
5. Where did the two cars go after their occupants met?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)