|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the narrator talk about the murders with, after visiting his sister?
(a) His mother.
(b) His friend Mahjoub.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
2. Who asked for a cigarette when the narrator and his driver are out in the hot sun?
(a) A monk.
(b) A European.
(c) A tourist.
(d) A Bedouin.
3. What was the narrator being told by the person who picks him up?
(a) That his father was all right.
(b) That his grandfather was all right.
(c) That Hosna was all right.
(d) That the boys were all right.
4. Where did the narrator want to go when in the water?
(b) The Northern shore.
(c) To Europe.
(d) The Southern shore.
5. Why did the narrator go back to the village after leaving by car?
(a) Because he received a cable.
(b) Because he received a phone call.
(c) Because he received an email.
(d) Because somebody told him to in a visit.
6. What did the narrator do with the candles in the triangular room?
(a) He lit them.
(b) He gave them away.
(c) He puts them out.
(d) He threw them out.
7. What did the narrator feel towards the women in the pictures?
(a) He felt sorry for all of them.
(b) He felt that he has come to know them.
(c) He felt why they loved Mustafa.
(d) He felt in love with them.
8. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's finances.
(b) Mustafa's love story.
(c) Mustafa's life story.
(d) Mustafa's dreams.
9. What reason for his visit did the narrator give his mother?
(a) His mother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) The boys.
10. How many cigarettes did the narrator give the person who asked for one?
(b) The whole pack.
11. How far did the narrator get before he couldn't go any further?
(a) Half way across.
(b) Two thirds of the way.
(c) A third of the way.
(d) Almost there.
12. What did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub banter about being in Mustafa's special room?
(a) Lots of paperwork.
(c) Gold and Jewels.
(d) Multiple weapens.
13. Who was the narrator thinking about during his ghastly journey to the village?
(a) The boys.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His friend Mahjoub.
14. What were the occupants of the government car going to do?
(a) Arrest the narrator and his driver.
(b) Arrest a woman who killed her husband.
(c) Hide in the shade.
(d) Go for lunch.
15. Where did the narrator go to after leaving Mustafa's house?
(a) The pond.
(b) The river.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The swimming pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why could Mahjoub not question the conference delegate?
2. How did the narrator feel about Hosna?
3. Why did the narrator visit his sister?
4. When did the narrator go see his sister?
5. What did the narrator regret not having done?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)