|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator feel towards Mustafa while in the triangular room?
2. What resulted in the death of Hosna, according to the narrator?
(a) Her relationship with the villagers.
(b) Her forced marriage to Wad.
(c) Her relationship with her sons.
(d) Her marriage to Mustafa.
3. Where did the two cars go after their occupants met?
(a) To Europe.
(b) No where.
(c) Seperate ways.
(d) The same way.
4. What did the narrator do when he's tired of looking over the contents in the triangular room?
(a) He fell asleep.
(b) He talked to Mustafa's sons.
(c) He cried.
(d) He departed.
5. Which war did Mustafa write comments about in the letter to the narrator?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Sudanese War.
6. What did Mustafa do in his sleep?
(a) He cursed.
(b) He mumbled.
(c) He sleep walked.
(d) He sang.
7. How did the narrator try to get help when caught in something at the end of the book?
(a) He sounded a horn.
(b) He wrote a letter.
(c) He called out.
(d) He whistled.
8. What did Hosna think about getting married again?
(a) She would like to get married again.
(b) She wanted to get married, but not with Wad.
(c) She only wanted to get married with a rich guy.
(d) She didn't want another man after Mustafa.
9. What did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub banter about being in Mustafa's special room?
(b) Multiple weapens.
(c) Gold and Jewels.
(d) Lots of paperwork.
10. How does the narrator finish the story of Mustafa?
(a) With taking the boys with him.
(b) With how Mustafa died.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) With a happy ending.
11. What did the narrator do to the triangular room?
(a) He destroyed it.
(c) He burned it.
(d) He painted it.
12. What did the narrator regret not telling Hosna?
(a) How to get into the triangular room.
(b) How she should leave the village.
(c) How he felt about Mustafa's boys.
(d) How he felt about her.
13. How did the narrator and his driver try to escape the heat of the sun?
(a) By asking around for a good place to hide.
(b) By looking for a place in the shade.
(c) By going back in the car.
(d) By going to a bar.
14. What was the narrator caught in when he couldn't go any further?
(a) The current.
(b) A net.
(c) An accident.
(d) His chair.
15. Why did the narrator visit his sister?
(a) To get a letter from Hosna.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) To avoid an argument.
(d) To get information about the murders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the person asking for the cigarette been traveling?
2. What did the narrator do with the door of the triangular room when leaving?
3. What will Hosna do if she's forced to marry Wad?
4. Who did the narrator talk to when Mahmoud and Sa'eed left?
5. What did Mustafa have in Khartoum?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)