|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator do with the door of the courtyard when leaving?
(a) He replaced it.
(b) He destroyed it.
(c) He locked it.
(d) He painted it.
2. What was the narrator being told by the person who picks him up?
(a) That the boys were all right.
(b) That his father was all right.
(c) That Hosna was all right.
(d) That his grandfather was all right.
3. Why did the narrator visit his sister?
(a) To avoid an argument.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) To get information about the murders.
(d) To get a letter from Hosna.
4. What did the narrator think to do with the room when he leaves?
(a) Trash it.
(b) Lock it forever.
(c) Empty it.
(d) Burn it.
5. What happened to the narrator while he looked around in the triangular room?
(a) He felt hungry.
(b) No thoughts went through his head.
(c) Many thoughts went through his head.
(d) He wanted to leave.
6. Why could Mahjoub not question the conference delegate?
(a) Because it was too hot.
(b) Because he didn't want to talk anymore.
(c) Because he disappeared.
(d) Because it was inappropriate.
7. Who did the narrator think about as he reads about Jean Morris?
(b) His mother.
8. Who met the narrator when he arrived back into the village by steamer?
(a) His friend Mahjoub.
(b) Mustafa's sons.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
9. What did the narrator feel towards the women in the pictures?
(a) He felt sorry for all of them.
(b) He felt that he has come to know them.
(c) He felt in love with them.
(d) He felt why they loved Mustafa.
10. What is the name of the narrator's sister?
(a) Flint Majzoub.
(b) Flint Mahjoub.
(c) Bint Mahjoub.
(d) Bint Majzoub.
11. What did the narrator do with the candles in the triangular room?
(a) He gave them away.
(b) He lit them.
(c) He puts them out.
(d) He threw them out.
12. Why did the narrator want to contact Mrs. Robinson?
(a) She was Mustafa's wife.
(b) She lived with Mustafa.
(c) She was Mustafa's best friend.
(d) She attended Mustafa's trial.
13. Where did the narrator want to go when in the water?
(a) The Southern shore.
(b) To Europe.
(c) The Northern shore.
14. What killed Wad and Hosna?
(b) A knife.
(c) A rope.
(d) A gun.
15. What was written in a notebook the narrator found in the triangular room?
(a) Mustafa's finances.
(b) Mustafa's love story.
(c) Mustafa's dreams.
(d) Mustafa's life story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the narrator talk about the murders with, after visiting his sister?
2. Where did Mrs. Robinson live?
3. What kind of a person was Mustafa towards Hosna?
4. What did the narrator think about another fire in the village?
5. How old is Mahmoud?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)