|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the two cars go after their occupants met?
(a) To Europe.
(b) No where.
(c) The same way.
(d) Seperate ways.
2. What did the narrator regret not having done?
(a) Marrying Hosna.
(b) Taking the boys.
(c) Talking to his grandfather.
(d) Going in Mustafa's special room.
3. What did the narrator do with the candles in the triangular room?
(a) He gave them away.
(b) He lit them.
(c) He threw them out.
(d) He puts them out.
4. What did the narrator feel, realizing his world turned upside down?
5. What did Wad say when he heard Hosna's reaction to the marriage plans?
(a) That she was just a widow and will marry him.
(b) That she should have two husbands.
(c) That he will try to marry somebody else.
(d) That she didn't have to marry him.
6. What did the narrator do with his thoughts of Mustafa and Hosna when he leaves the triangular room?
(a) He talked about them to his friends.
(b) He sang about them.
(c) He kept thinking about them.
(d) He left them behind him.
7. What is the name of the narrator's sister?
(a) Flint Mahjoub.
(b) Flint Majzoub.
(c) Bint Majzoub.
(d) Bint Mahjoub.
8. Why did the narrator feel he lost the war?
(a) Because he acted in a correct way.
(b) Because he killed a few people.
(c) Because he didn't act when he could have.
(d) Because the enemy was stronger.
9. How did the narrator and his driver try to escape the heat of the sun?
(a) By going to a bar.
(b) By going back in the car.
(c) By asking around for a good place to hide.
(d) By looking for a place in the shade.
10. How does the narrator finish the story of Mustafa?
(a) With taking the boys with him.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) With how Mustafa died.
(d) With a happy ending.
11. In what kind of condition were the narrator and his friend Mahjoub in when they talked about Mustafa?
12. What were the occupants of the government car going to do?
(a) Go for lunch.
(b) Arrest the narrator and his driver.
(c) Arrest a woman who killed her husband.
(d) Hide in the shade.
13. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
(a) A new hospital.
(b) The educational conference.
(c) The agricultural conference.
(d) A new university.
14. Why did the narrator want to contact Mrs. Robinson?
(a) She was Mustafa's best friend.
(b) She attended Mustafa's trial.
(c) She lived with Mustafa.
(d) She was Mustafa's wife.
15. What did they have planned for the boys since the narrator was in town?
(a) A church ceremony.
(b) A wedding ceremony.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A circumcision ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sa'eed?
2. What did the narrator relate his knowledge of the women in the pictures to?
3. What did the narrator decide to do with Mrs. Robinson?
4. What did the narrator ask Hosna?
5. Why was the land of the narrator condemned?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)