|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator do with his thoughts of Mustafa and Hosna when he leaves the triangular room?
(a) He sang about them.
(b) He kept thinking about them.
(c) He talked about them to his friends.
(d) He left them behind him.
2. What kinds of things did people in the narrator's village normally not do?
(a) Marry somebody.
(b) Help somebody.
(c) Murder somebody.
(d) Laugh at somebody.
3. What did the narrator decide to do when he gets caught in something?
(a) To live.
(b) To think.
(c) To eat.
(d) To die.
4. Why did the narrator visit his sister?
(a) To get information about the murders.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) To avoid an argument.
(d) To get a letter from Hosna.
5. What did the narrator decide to do with Mrs. Robinson?
(a) Visit her.
(b) Call her.
(c) Write her.
(d) Fax her.
6. To which school did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub go together?
(a) High School.
(b) Middle School.
(d) Elementary School.
7. How did the narrator and his driver try to escape the heat of the sun?
(a) By asking around for a good place to hide.
(b) By going back in the car.
(c) By going to a bar.
(d) By looking for a place in the shade.
8. What did the narrator feel like doing when he leaves Mustafa's house?
(d) Going back.
9. Where did Mrs. Robinson live?
(b) The Isle of Wight.
10. What did the narrator do with the candles in the triangular room?
(a) He lit them.
(b) He threw them out.
(c) He gave them away.
(d) He puts them out.
11. What would Hosna not do to Wad for two weeks after the wedding?
(a) Cook dinner.
12. Who did a conference delegate praise about to Mahjoub?
(a) Mustafa Sa'eed.
(d) The narrator.
13. Where did the narrator go the day after he hears about Wad's marriage plans?
(a) To the house of his mother.
(b) To the house of Mustafa Sa'eed.
(c) To the house of his grandfather.
(d) To the house of Wad.
14. Who tried to prevent the tragedy at Wad's house?
(b) The narrator.
(d) The neighbors.
15. When did the narrator go see his sister?
(a) On the third day of his visit.
(b) On the first day of his visit.
(c) On the fourth day of his visit.
(d) On the second day of his visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub banter about being in Mustafa's special room?
2. How did the narrator try to get to where he wants to go at the end of the book?
3. What did the narrator wonder after hearing about the tragedy in his village?
4. What did the narrator feel towards Mustafa while in the triangular room?
5. Why was the land of the narrator condemned?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)