|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator regret not having done?
(a) Marrying Hosna.
(b) Taking the boys.
(c) Going in Mustafa's special room.
(d) Talking to his grandfather.
2. How did the narrator and his driver try to escape the heat of the sun?
(a) By going to a bar.
(b) By looking for a place in the shade.
(c) By asking around for a good place to hide.
(d) By going back in the car.
3. What did Mustafa do in his sleep?
(a) He sang.
(b) He mumbled.
(c) He cursed.
(d) He sleep walked.
4. What did the narrator feel towards the women in the pictures?
(a) He felt why they loved Mustafa.
(b) He felt in love with them.
(c) He felt sorry for all of them.
(d) He felt that he has come to know them.
5. Where did the narrator leave for after the ceremony in his village?
6. What did the narrator and his friend Mahjoub banter about being in Mustafa's special room?
(b) Multiple weapens.
(c) Lots of paperwork.
(d) Gold and Jewels.
7. Who did the narrator think about as he reads about Jean Morris?
(a) His mother.
8. How did the narrator try to get help when caught in something at the end of the book?
(a) He whistled.
(b) He wrote a letter.
(c) He sounded a horn.
(d) He called out.
9. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
(a) The agricultural conference.
(b) A new hospital.
(c) The educational conference.
(d) A new university.
10. Who did the narrator talk about the murders with, after visiting his sister?
(a) His father.
(b) His friend Mahjoub.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandfather.
11. What did the narrator think to do with the room when he leaves?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Lock it forever.
(c) Empty it.
(d) Trash it.
12. How old is Mahmoud?
13. What were the occupants of the government car going to do?
(a) Go for lunch.
(b) Arrest a woman who killed her husband.
(c) Hide in the shade.
(d) Arrest the narrator and his driver.
14. What did Mustafa have in Khartoum?
(a) A testament.
(b) A business.
(c) Another child.
(d) A fancy car.
15. Why was the land of the narrator condemned?
(a) Because of the storms.
(b) Because of its people.
(c) Because of the rain.
(d) Because of the heat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator finish the story of Mustafa?
2. What did the narrator wonder about the women he saw pictures of?
3. How far did the narrator get before he couldn't go any further?
4. What did the narrator feel like doing when he leaves Mustafa's house?
5. What did they have planned for the boys since the narrator was in town?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)