|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Mustafa stay in his first school before going abroad the first time?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four months.
(d) Three years.
2. What is the name of the narrator's favorite tree?
3. Where did Mustafa go to school when he had to go abroad for the first time?
4. Who invited the narrator to lunch as the group left grandfather's house?
(a) Mustafa Sa'eed.
(b) Wad Prayers.
(c) Wad Rayyes.
(d) Bint Mazjoub.
5. How does the narrator think Mustafa died?
(a) By disease or suicide.
(b) By disease or suffocation.
(c) By drowning or suicide.
(d) By drowning or disease.
6. Who does the narrator talk to one day when taking the train?
(a) A retired civil servant.
(b) A retired lawyer.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
7. How many different women was Mustafa living with simultaneously when he was with Jean?
8. What were tribal women that Western women are not?
9. How do the narrator and his grandfather feel about seeing each other?
(d) Overly excited.
10. When did Mustafa travel around Europe, the Orient and India?
(a) After he finished school.
(b) After he lost his mother.
(c) After he killed one of his wives.
(d) After he was released from prison.
11. With who did they banter back and forth about their sexual exploits at grandfather's house?
(a) With the village leaders.
(b) With the neighbors.
(c) With the old men.
(d) With the old women.
12. What does the narrator's father do when he has tea with his family again?
(a) He recites verses from the Bible.
(b) He eats cake.
(c) He recites verses from the Koran.
(d) He tells a few stories.
13. What does the narrator say about Western women?
(a) That he doesn't know about them.
(b) That he knows all about them
(c) That they are attractive.
(d) That they are smart.
14. When was the last time Mustafa saw his mother?
(a) After he went to school abroad.
(b) Before he went to school abroad.
(c) While he was at school abroad.
(d) When he got married.
15. How does the narrator know about the legendary flooding of the Nile?
(a) His mother told him.
(b) Mustafa told him.
(c) His father told him.
(d) He read about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's response to the presumption about Mustafa?
2. When did legendary flooding of the Nile occur?
3. How many months a year dioesthe narrator spend in the village he grew up in?
4. What happened to Mustafa during the big flooding?
5. How old is the strange man in the village the narrator is curious about?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)