|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who should be given the key to the triangular room eventually?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Mustafa's mother.
(c) Mustafa's wife.
(d) Mustafa's sons.
2. What else does the man on the train talk to the narrator about?
(a) The narrator's career.
(b) His career with the government.
(c) The weather.
(d) His career with the army.
3. Where did Mustafa go to school when he had to go abroad for the first time?
4. How many years after Mustafa's death did the narrator go to work at the Department of Education in Khartoum?
(a) Four years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
5. What does the narrator say about Western women?
(a) That they are smart.
(b) That they are attractive.
(c) That he knows all about them
(d) That he doesn't know about them.
6. Who waits for the narrator each time he arrived back in his childhood village?
(a) Just his father.
(b) Just his friends.
(c) His father and other family members.
(d) His father and his friends.
7. How wass the grandfather's house built?
8. What did the narrator miss most during his absence in the village?
(a) The closeness of tribal life.
(b) The climate.
(c) The food.
9. What did Mustafa suffer from?
(b) A chronic disease.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
10. When was the Sudanese independence?
11. What was presumed about Mustafa during the big flooding?
(a) That he moved.
(b) That he lost his wife.
(c) That he drowned.
(d) That he lost his children.
12. What religion did they talk about at the grandfather's house?
13. Who invited the narrator to lunch as the group left grandfather's house?
(a) Wad Prayers.
(b) Bint Mazjoub.
(c) Wad Rayyes.
(d) Mustafa Sa'eed.
14. What does the narrator talk about when he returns to the village he grew up in?
(a) A donkey.
(c) The steamer that travels on the Nile.
(d) His new love affair.
15. Who did Bint Mazjoub tell stories of?
(a) Her siblings.
(b) Her husbands.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the river that runs through the village?
2. Whose voice did the narrator hear when he walked by his grandfather's house?
3. Who joins the narrator when he is drinking with Mahjoub one day?
4. Where did Mustafa first see Isabella Seymour?
5. What was presumed about Mustafa by the group of people the narrator talks to?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)