|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Mustafa presented at his trial?
(a) As a suicidal man.
(b) As a young genius.
(c) As an unintelligent student.
(d) As a young murderer.
2. What did Mustafa suffer from?
(a) A chronic disease.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
3. What did the narrator do after leaving Mustafa's house the night Mustafa told his story?
(a) He goes for a swim.
(b) He wanders around.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He visits his grandfather.
4. Where did Mustafa meet Jean Morris?
(a) In Cairo.
(b) In Dublin.
(c) In Khartoum.
(d) In Chelsea.
5. When did legendary flooding of the Nile occur?
(a) Every 20 or 30 years.
(c) Every 100 years.
(d) Every 40 or 50 years.
6. Who does the narrator remember when he sees his favorite tree?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
7. Why did Mustafa decide to stay in the village after leaving the place he was from?
(a) Because he likes it.
(b) Because he falls in love with a woman.
(c) Because he gets offered a job.
(d) Because he meets the narrator.
8. What did this influential man do to Mustafa?
(a) He gave him a gift.
(b) He beat him.
(c) He took him to school.
(d) He offered him tea.
9. Who was the public prosecutor at Mustafa's trial?
(a) One of his teachers at Oxford.
(b) One of his friends from Cairo.
(c) One of his teachers at Cairo.
(d) One of his friends from Oxford.
10. How many different women was Mustafa living with simultaneously when he was with Jean?
11. What does the narrator's father do when he has tea with his family again?
(a) He recites verses from the Bible.
(b) He eats cake.
(c) He recites verses from the Koran.
(d) He tells a few stories.
12. With who did they banter back and forth about their sexual exploits at grandfather's house?
(a) With the village leaders.
(b) With the old women.
(c) With the neighbors.
(d) With the old men.
13. How did an influential man once appear before Mustafa?
(a) On a bike.
(b) In a car.
(c) On horseback.
(d) On a mule.
14. How did Jean Morris end her life?
(a) She gassed herself.
(b) She took a fatal dose of medicines.
(c) She hung herself.
(d) She shot herself.
15. What did Mustafa do when this influential man appeared?
(a) Hide somewhere.
(b) Run away.
(c) Talk to him.
(d) Offer him tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the college Mustafa went to in the Sudan?
2. What is the narrator's response to the presumption about Mustafa?
3. How did Mustafa feel when he grew up?
4. What happened to Mustafa during the big flooding?
5. How many days following their introduction do the narrator and Mustafa have dinner?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)