|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after Mustafa's death did the narrator go to work at the Department of Education in Khartoum?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
2. What is the house of the narrator's grandfather made of?
(a) Palm leaves.
3. What else does the man on the train talk to the narrator about?
(a) The weather.
(b) His career with the government.
(c) The narrator's career.
(d) His career with the army.
4. Where did the narrator stay during his absence in the village?
5. What did Mustafa do when this influential man appeared?
(a) Run away.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Hide somewhere.
(d) Offer him tea.
6. Who should be given the key to the triangular room eventually?
(a) Mustafa's wife.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Mustafa's mother.
(d) Mustafa's sons.
7. What was presumed about Mustafa during the big flooding?
(a) That he lost his children.
(b) That he drowned.
(c) That he lost his wife.
(d) That he moved.
8. What does the narrator's sister think about Western women?
(a) That they are not as attractive as their tribal women.
(b) That they are not as knowledgeable as their tribal women.
(c) That they are not as stupid as their tribal women.
(d) That they are not as healthy as their tribal women.
9. How did Mustafa feel when he grew up?
10. Where did Mustafa go to school when he had to go abroad for the first time?
11. Where did Mustafa meet Jean Morris?
(a) In Dublin.
(b) In Chelsea.
(c) In Khartoum.
(d) In Cairo.
12. What is the name of the strange man in the village?
13. What kind of life did the grandfather live?
(a) A tiring life.
(b) A comfortable life.
(c) An acetic life.
(d) A rich life.
14. In what has the narrator earned a doctorate?
15. How did Jean Morris end her life?
(a) She took a fatal dose of medicines.
(b) She gassed herself.
(c) She hung herself.
(d) She shot herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Sudanese independence?
2. What does the narrator invite Mustafa to after their introduction?
3. Who invited the narrator to lunch as the group left grandfather's house?
4. How does the narrator think Mustafa died?
5. How many days following their introduction do the narrator and Mustafa have dinner?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)