|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of life did the grandfather live?
(a) A rich life.
(b) An acetic life.
(c) A comfortable life.
(d) A tiring life.
2. What does the narrator talk about when he returns to the village he grew up in?
(a) The steamer that travels on the Nile.
(b) A donkey.
(d) His new love affair.
3. What did the villagers begin to build at one point?
(a) An army.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A school.
4. How did Mustafa feel when he grew up?
5. What religion did they talk about at the grandfather's house?
6. How many years after Mustafa's death did the narrator go to work at the Department of Education in Khartoum?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
7. Why did Mustafa decide to stay in the village after leaving the place he was from?
(a) Because he falls in love with a woman.
(b) Because he meets the narrator.
(c) Because he likes it.
(d) Because he gets offered a job.
8. Who should be given the key to the triangular room eventually?
(a) Mustafa's wife.
(b) Mustafa's mother.
(c) Mustafa's sons.
(d) The narrator.
9. What does the narrator tell his family about the Europeans?
(a) That they have the same customs and traditions.
(b) That they are much smarter than the people in his village.
(c) That they are just like the people in his village are.
(d) That they are very different from the people in his village.
10. What else does the man on the train talk to the narrator about?
(a) His career with the army.
(b) The narrator's career.
(c) His career with the government.
(d) The weather.
11. How many different women was Mustafa living with simultaneously when he was with Jean?
12. How did an influential man once appear before Mustafa?
(a) On a bike.
(b) In a car.
(c) On horseback.
(d) On a mule.
13. Which people occupied the Sudan in the past?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) The French.
(d) The English.
14. Who waits for the narrator each time he arrived back in his childhood village?
(a) His father and other family members.
(b) His father and his friends.
(c) Just his friends.
(d) Just his father.
15. When was the last time Mustafa saw his mother?
(a) After he went to school abroad.
(b) While he was at school abroad.
(c) When he got married.
(d) Before he went to school abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice did the narrator hear when he walked by his grandfather's house?
2. What is Mustafa's last name?
3. Who did Bint Mazjoub tell stories of?
4. Who does the narrator remember when he sees his favorite tree?
5. How wass the grandfather's house built?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)