|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mustafa suffer from?
(a) Suicidal thoughts.
(d) A chronic disease.
2. What did Mustafa do when this influential man appeared?
(a) Run away.
(b) Offer him tea.
(c) Hide somewhere.
(d) Talk to him.
3. What does the narrator tell his family about the Europeans?
(a) That they are just like the people in his village are.
(b) That they have the same customs and traditions.
(c) That they are very different from the people in his village.
(d) That they are much smarter than the people in his village.
4. What were tribal women that Western women are not?
5. How often did the steamer come to the narrator's childhood village?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Twice a month.
6. Whose voice did the narrator hear when he walked by his grandfather's house?
(b) His grandmother's.
(c) His grandfather's.
(d) His father's.
7. What is stored in the strange triangular room of Mustafa's house?
(a) Papers and diaries.
(b) A testament.
(d) A key and a message.
8. How wass the grandfather's house built?
9. What religion did they talk about at the grandfather's house?
10. How many siblings does Mustafa have?
11. What does the narrator invite Mustafa to after their introduction?
(a) To tea.
(b) To juice.
(c) To cookies.
(d) To coffee.
12. What else does the man on the train talk to the narrator about?
(a) The narrator's career.
(b) The weather.
(c) His career with the government.
(d) His career with the army.
13. How did Jean Morris end her life?
(a) She hung herself.
(b) She shot herself.
(c) She took a fatal dose of medicines.
(d) She gassed herself.
14. With who did they banter back and forth about their sexual exploits at grandfather's house?
(a) With the village leaders.
(b) With the neighbors.
(c) With the old men.
(d) With the old women.
15. Why did Mustafa decide to stay in the village after leaving the place he was from?
(a) Because he gets offered a job.
(b) Because he meets the narrator.
(c) Because he falls in love with a woman.
(d) Because he likes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the house of the narrator's grandfather made of?
2. What was presumed about Mustafa during the big flooding?
3. Who was Mustafa's only relative?
4. What is left for the narrator when Mustafa disappeared?
5. What does the narrator talk about when he returns to the village he grew up in?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)