|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were rooms added to the grandfather's house?
(a) When other rooms were destroyed.
(b) When needed or when extra money was available.
(c) Only when extra money was available.
(d) Only when needed.
2. What is the house of the narrator's grandfather made of?
(c) Palm leaves.
3. What did Mustafa do when this influential man appeared?
(a) Hide somewhere.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Offer him tea.
(d) Run away.
4. What was presumed about Mustafa during the big flooding?
(a) That he drowned.
(b) That he moved.
(c) That he lost his wife.
(d) That he lost his children.
5. How did an influential man once appear before Mustafa?
(a) In a car.
(b) On a mule.
(c) On horseback.
(d) On a bike.
6. When did legendary flooding of the Nile occur?
(b) Every 100 years.
(c) Every 20 or 30 years.
(d) Every 40 or 50 years.
7. How many months a year dioesthe narrator spend in the village he grew up in?
8. How many years did Mustafa stay in his first school before going abroad the first time?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four months.
9. Which gift does Mustafa bring the narrator when he visits his house?
(a) Melons and oranges.
(b) Papayas and mangos.
(c) Melons and bananas.
(d) Bananas and oranges.
10. Who is telling a story when the narrator arrives at his grandfather's house?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
11. Who is Sa'eed?
(a) Mustafa's helper.
(b) The mechanic.
(c) The shopkeeper.
(d) Mustafa's brother.
12. Who does the narrator remember when he sees his favorite tree?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His brother.
13. Why did Mustafa marry Jean?
(a) Because he wanted her money.
(b) Because she wanted to get married.
(c) Because he loved her very much.
(d) Because she wanted children.
14. What does the narrator do when he hears the story about Mustafa in the train?
(a) He listens.
(b) He says he doesn't know who Mustafa is.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He says he knew Mustafa as well.
15. What is the name of the strange man in the village?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the grandfather splurge on?
2. How old is the strange man in the village the narrator is curious about?
3. Who is the narrator guardian of?
4. Who did Bint Mazjoub tell stories of?
5. Who was Mustafa's only relative?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)