|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator not want Mustafa to become for him?
(a) An example.
(b) A vague memory.
(c) An obsession.
(d) A hero.
2. What is the house of the narrator's grandfather made of?
(d) Palm leaves.
3. Who did Bint Mazjoub tell stories of?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her siblings.
(d) Her husbands.
4. What is the name of the strange man in the village?
5. How many siblings does Mustafa have?
6. How many days following their introduction do the narrator and Mustafa have dinner?
(a) In two days.
(b) In ten days.
(c) In four days.
(d) The next day.
7. What was presumed about Mustafa during the big flooding?
(a) That he moved.
(b) That he lost his children.
(c) That he lost his wife.
(d) That he drowned.
8. What did Mustafa cause to other young women?
(d) Love of life.
9. How did Mustafa feel when he grew up?
10. Why did Mustafa decide to stay in the village after leaving the place he was from?
(a) Because he falls in love with a woman.
(b) Because he meets the narrator.
(c) Because he gets offered a job.
(d) Because he likes it.
11. What did the narrator do after leaving Mustafa's house the night Mustafa told his story?
(a) He visits his grandfather.
(b) He wanders around.
(c) He goes for a swim.
(d) He goes home.
12. How do the narrator and his grandfather feel about seeing each other?
(d) Overly excited.
13. Who did Wad want to marry?
(a) The wife of the narrator.
(b) The narrator's mother.
(c) The widow of Mustafa Sa'eed.
(d) Bint Mazjoub.
14. What was the narrator's promise to Mustafa?
(a) Not to go into the triangular room.
(b) Not to take care of his sons.
(c) Not to talk about him.
(d) Not to talk about his mother.
15. How long did it take Mustafa to learn to write?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the narrator stay during his absence in the village?
2. Who did the villagers blame for not getting the project they worked on finished?
3. What does the narrator do when he hears the story about Mustafa in the train?
4. How long has the narrator been gone before returning to his village in Africa?
5. How did an influential man once appear before Mustafa?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)