|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mustafa feel when he grew up?
2. What does the narrator do when he hears the story about Mustafa in the train?
(a) He says he knew Mustafa as well.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He listens.
(d) He says he doesn't know who Mustafa is.
3. Who did the villagers blame for not getting the project they worked on finished?
(a) The government.
(b) The guerilla.
(c) The enemy.
(d) The neighboring country.
4. Who joins the narrator when he is drinking with Mahjoub one day?
5. How old is the strange man in the village the narrator is curious about?
(a) Around 40.
(b) Around 60.
(c) Around 70.
(d) Around 50.
6. How does the narrator think Mustafa died?
(a) By disease or suffocation.
(b) By disease or suicide.
(c) By drowning or disease.
(d) By drowning or suicide.
7. What did Mustafa do as the first Sudanese?
(a) Marry an Egyptian woman.
(b) Marry only one woman at a time.
(c) Marry a French woman.
(d) Marry an English woman.
8. How did an influential man once appear before Mustafa?
(a) In a car.
(b) On horseback.
(c) On a mule.
(d) On a bike.
9. What religion did they talk about at the grandfather's house?
10. How long has the narrator been gone before returning to his village in Africa?
(a) Six years
(b) Five years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Seven years.
11. How many days following their introduction do the narrator and Mustafa have dinner?
(a) In two days.
(b) The next day.
(c) In ten days.
(d) In four days.
12. Which gift does Mustafa bring the narrator when he visits his house?
(a) Melons and oranges.
(b) Bananas and oranges.
(c) Papayas and mangos.
(d) Melons and bananas.
13. When were rooms added to the grandfather's house?
(a) When needed or when extra money was available.
(b) Only when extra money was available.
(c) Only when needed.
(d) When other rooms were destroyed.
14. In what has the narrator earned a doctorate?
15. Where did the narrator stay during his absence in the village?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after Mustafa's death did the narrator go to work at the Department of Education in Khartoum?
2. What did Mustafa do when this influential man appeared?
3. What does the narrator's sister think about Western women?
4. What is the narrator's response to the presumption about Mustafa?
5. Who did Wad want to marry?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)