|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who should be given the key to the triangular room eventually?
(a) Mustafa's mother.
(b) Mustafa's sons.
(c) Mustafa's wife.
(d) The narrator.
2. Who told the narrator about Wad's marriage plans?
(a) Wad himself.
3. What did Mustafa suffer from?
(b) Suicidal thoughts.
(c) A chronic disease.
4. What was presumed about Mustafa by the group of people the narrator talks to?
(a) That he was a millionaire.
(b) That he was happily married.
(c) That he was an intelligent professor.
(d) That he was dead.
5. Why did Mustafa marry Jean?
(a) Because he loved her very much.
(b) Because he wanted her money.
(c) Because she wanted children.
(d) Because she wanted to get married.
6. What is the name of the strange man in the village?
7. How long has the narrator been gone before returning to his village in Africa?
(a) Six years
(b) Five years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Eight years.
8. What did Mustafa do when this influential man appeared?
(a) Offer him tea.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Hide somewhere.
(d) Run away.
9. What did the narrator do after leaving Mustafa's house the night Mustafa told his story?
(a) He visits his grandfather.
(b) He goes for a swim.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He wanders around.
10. What did the grandfather splurge on?
(a) What the narrator needed.
(b) What he needed for prayer.
(c) What his wife needed.
(d) What he needed for the house.
11. When was the last time Mustafa saw his mother?
(a) After he went to school abroad.
(b) When he got married.
(c) Before he went to school abroad.
(d) While he was at school abroad.
12. How do the narrator and his grandfather feel about seeing each other?
(b) Overly excited.
13. What religion did they talk about at the grandfather's house?
14. Who was the public prosecutor at Mustafa's trial?
(a) One of his friends from Oxford.
(b) One of his teachers at Oxford.
(c) One of his teachers at Cairo.
(d) One of his friends from Cairo.
15. What does the narrator do when he hears the story about Mustafa in the train?
(a) He says he knew Mustafa as well.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He listens.
(d) He says he doesn't know who Mustafa is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Western women called in the stories at grandfather's house?
2. Who did Wad want to marry?
3. What is left for the narrator when Mustafa disappeared?
4. How many years did Mustafa stay in his first school before going abroad the first time?
5. What was the name of the college Mustafa went to in the Sudan?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)