|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Mustafa presented at his trial?
(a) As a young murderer.
(b) As an unintelligent student.
(c) As a suicidal man.
(d) As a young genius.
2. How many days following their introduction do the narrator and Mustafa have dinner?
(a) The next day.
(b) In ten days.
(c) In two days.
(d) In four days.
3. How did an influential man once appear before Mustafa?
(a) On a mule.
(b) On horseback.
(c) In a car.
(d) On a bike.
4. Who does the narrator remember when he sees his favorite tree?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His best friend.
5. Who did Wad want to marry?
(a) The wife of the narrator.
(b) The widow of Mustafa Sa'eed.
(c) The narrator's mother.
(d) Bint Mazjoub.
6. What did Mustafa do as the first Sudanese?
(a) Marry only one woman at a time.
(b) Marry an English woman.
(c) Marry a French woman.
(d) Marry an Egyptian woman.
7. What did this influential man do to Mustafa?
(a) He took him to school.
(b) He gave him a gift.
(c) He offered him tea.
(d) He beat him.
8. What had instructions about what to do in the event of Mustafa's death?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A letter.
(c) A diary.
(d) A testament.
9. Who told the narrator about Wad's marriage plans?
(c) Wad himself.
10. What was the narrator's promise to Mustafa?
(a) Not to take care of his sons.
(b) Not to talk about him.
(c) Not to go into the triangular room.
(d) Not to talk about his mother.
11. How many different women was Mustafa living with simultaneously when he was with Jean?
12. Who does the narrator visit a month after the conversation on the train?
(a) Some people from the Department of Agriculture.
(b) Some people from the Department of Education.
(c) Some people from the University in Khartoum.
(d) Some people from the University in Cairo.
13. Why did Mustafa decide to stay in the village after leaving the place he was from?
(a) Because he likes it.
(b) Because he gets offered a job.
(c) Because he meets the narrator.
(d) Because he falls in love with a woman.
14. What does the narrator do when he hears the story about Mustafa in the train?
(a) He says he knew Mustafa as well.
(b) He listens.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He says he doesn't know who Mustafa is.
15. In what has the narrator earned a doctorate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sa'eed?
2. What did the villagers begin to build at one point?
3. When was the last time Mustafa saw his mother?
4. What does the narrator say about Western women?
5. Who invited the narrator to lunch as the group left grandfather's house?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)