|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Sudanese independence?
2. How does the narrator think Mustafa died?
(a) By drowning or disease.
(b) By disease or suffocation.
(c) By disease or suicide.
(d) By drowning or suicide.
3. What does the narrator talk about when he returns to the village he grew up in?
(a) His new love affair.
(b) A donkey.
(d) The steamer that travels on the Nile.
4. What else does the man on the train talk to the narrator about?
(a) The narrator's career.
(b) His career with the government.
(c) The weather.
(d) His career with the army.
5. What did Mustafa suffer from?
(b) Suicidal thoughts.
(d) A chronic disease.
6. Where is Mustafa from?
7. Who invited the narrator to lunch as the group left grandfather's house?
(a) Bint Mazjoub.
(b) Mustafa Sa'eed.
(c) Wad Prayers.
(d) Wad Rayyes.
8. Who does the narrator remember when he sees his favorite tree?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
9. What was presumed about Mustafa during the big flooding?
(a) That he lost his children.
(b) That he lost his wife.
(c) That he moved.
(d) That he drowned.
10. How does the narrator know about the legendary flooding of the Nile?
(a) His father told him.
(b) Mustafa told him.
(c) His mother told him.
(d) He read about it.
11. What is left for the narrator when Mustafa disappeared?
(b) A message and a testament.
(c) A key and a testament.
(d) A key and a message.
12. What were tribal women that Western women are not?
13. Why did Mustafa decide to stay in the village after leaving the place he was from?
(a) Because he gets offered a job.
(b) Because he meets the narrator.
(c) Because he likes it.
(d) Because he falls in love with a woman.
14. Where did Mustafa go to school when he had to go abroad for the first time?
15. What does the narrator tell his family about the Europeans?
(a) That they are just like the people in his village are.
(b) That they are very different from the people in his village.
(c) That they are much smarter than the people in his village.
(d) That they have the same customs and traditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Mustafa have?
2. Who is telling a story when the narrator arrives at his grandfather's house?
3. What did Mustafa cause to other young women?
4. In what has the narrator earned a doctorate?
5. Who did Wad want to marry?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)