|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the villagers begin to build at one point?
(a) An army.
(b) A school.
(c) A supermarket.
(d) A hospital.
2. What does the narrator talk about when he returns to the village he grew up in?
(b) The steamer that travels on the Nile.
(c) A donkey.
(d) His new love affair.
3. What is the name of the river that runs through the village?
4. How do the narrator and his grandfather feel about seeing each other?
(d) Overly excited.
5. What kind of life did the grandfather live?
(a) A comfortable life.
(b) An acetic life.
(c) A rich life.
(d) A tiring life.
6. How did Mustafa feel when he grew up?
7. Who was Mustafa's only relative?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
8. What did the grandfather splurge on?
(a) What the narrator needed.
(b) What he needed for prayer.
(c) What his wife needed.
(d) What he needed for the house.
9. When did legendary flooding of the Nile occur?
(a) Every 40 or 50 years.
(c) Every 100 years.
(d) Every 20 or 30 years.
10. Who does the narrator talk to one day when taking the train?
(a) A retired civil servant.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) A retired lawyer.
11. What is the narrator's response to the presumption about Mustafa?
(a) That he's dead.
(b) That he was an intelligent professor.
(c) That he was happily married.
(d) That he was a millionaire.
12. Where did the narrator stay during his absence in the village?
13. What did Mustafa cause to other young women?
(d) Love of life.
14. When was the Sudanese independence?
15. Who does the narrator visit a month after the conversation on the train?
(a) Some people from the Department of Agriculture.
(b) Some people from the University in Cairo.
(c) Some people from the Department of Education.
(d) Some people from the University in Khartoum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mustafa decide to stay in the village after leaving the place he was from?
2. What did this influential man do to Mustafa?
3. What does the subject turn to during the narrator's visit to the group of people, a month after the train conversation?
4. What does the narrator do when he hears the story about Mustafa in the train?
5. Who is the narrator guardian of?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)