|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mustafa first see Isabella Seymour?
(a) At school.
(b) At a park.
(c) In a bar.
(d) At a store.
2. Who should be given the key to the triangular room eventually?
(a) Mustafa's wife.
(b) Mustafa's sons.
(c) Mustafa's mother.
(d) The narrator.
3. What does the narrator not want Mustafa to become for him?
(a) A vague memory.
(b) An obsession.
(c) An example.
(d) A hero.
4. What does the narrator's sister think about Western women?
(a) That they are not as attractive as their tribal women.
(b) That they are not as healthy as their tribal women.
(c) That they are not as knowledgeable as their tribal women.
(d) That they are not as stupid as their tribal women.
5. When was the Sudanese independence?
6. What did the narrator do after leaving Mustafa's house the night Mustafa told his story?
(a) He goes for a swim.
(b) He visits his grandfather.
(c) He wanders around.
(d) He goes home.
7. What did Mustafa cause to other young women?
(a) Love of life.
8. What did Mustafa do when this influential man appeared?
(a) Hide somewhere.
(b) Run away.
(c) Talk to him.
(d) Offer him tea.
9. Who was the public prosecutor at Mustafa's trial?
(a) One of his friends from Oxford.
(b) One of his teachers at Cairo.
(c) One of his teachers at Oxford.
(d) One of his friends from Cairo.
10. What is the house of the narrator's grandfather made of?
(b) Palm leaves.
11. How often did the steamer come to the narrator's childhood village?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Twice a month.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a day.
12. What is the name of the narrator's favorite tree?
13. Which gift does Mustafa bring the narrator when he visits his house?
(a) Melons and bananas.
(b) Papayas and mangos.
(c) Melons and oranges.
(d) Bananas and oranges.
14. What did Mustafa do as the first Sudanese?
(a) Marry only one woman at a time.
(b) Marry an English woman.
(c) Marry a French woman.
(d) Marry an Egyptian woman.
15. What happened to Mustafa during the big flooding?
(a) He lost his house.
(b) He got married.
(c) He didn't return home.
(d) He saved a lot of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did they talk about at the grandfather's house?
2. Which people occupied the Sudan in the past?
3. What does the subject turn to during the narrator's visit to the group of people, a month after the train conversation?
4. With who did they banter back and forth about their sexual exploits at grandfather's house?
5. How many months a year dioesthe narrator spend in the village he grew up in?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)