|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator travel back to the village from the steamer?
(a) By donkey.
(b) By camel.
(c) By horse.
(d) By foot.
2. What did the villagers begin to build at one point?
(a) An army.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
3. Who is Sa'eed?
(a) Mustafa's helper.
(b) The mechanic.
(c) The shopkeeper.
(d) Mustafa's brother.
4. What religion did they talk about at the grandfather's house?
5. Who was the public prosecutor at Mustafa's trial?
(a) One of his teachers at Oxford.
(b) One of his friends from Oxford.
(c) One of his friends from Cairo.
(d) One of his teachers at Cairo.
6. What is the narrator's response to the presumption about Mustafa?
(a) That he's dead.
(b) That he was a millionaire.
(c) That he was happily married.
(d) That he was an intelligent professor.
7. Where did Mustafa first see Isabella Seymour?
(a) At school.
(b) At a park.
(c) At a store.
(d) In a bar.
8. What is the name of the strange man in the village?
9. How many siblings does Mustafa have?
10. What did Mustafa do when this influential man appeared?
(a) Offer him tea.
(b) Hide somewhere.
(c) Run away.
(d) Talk to him.
11. Who should be given the key to the triangular room eventually?
(a) Mustafa's mother.
(b) Mustafa's wife.
(c) Mustafa's sons.
(d) The narrator.
12. What did Mustafa suffer from?
(b) A chronic disease.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
13. What does the subject turn to during the narrator's visit to the group of people, a month after the train conversation?
(b) Mixed drinks.
(d) Mixed marriages.
14. What does the narrator hear about Mustafa during the conversation in the train?
(a) That he was a brilliant teacher.
(b) That he was the most brilliant student.
(c) That he killed many women.
(d) That he was a fair student.
15. Where is Mustafa from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did the steamer come to the narrator's childhood village?
2. Who joins the narrator when he is drinking with Mahjoub one day?
3. Why did Mustafa decide to stay in the village after leaving the place he was from?
4. When did Mustafa travel around Europe, the Orient and India?
5. How was Mustafa presented at his trial?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)