|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the strange man in the village the narrator is curious about?
(a) Around 70.
(b) Around 60.
(c) Around 50.
(d) Around 40.
2. What kind of life did the grandfather live?
(a) An acetic life.
(b) A tiring life.
(c) A comfortable life.
(d) A rich life.
3. Who did Bint Mazjoub tell stories of?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her husbands.
(d) Her siblings.
4. What does the narrator's sister think about Western women?
(a) That they are not as stupid as their tribal women.
(b) That they are not as attractive as their tribal women.
(c) That they are not as healthy as their tribal women.
(d) That they are not as knowledgeable as their tribal women.
5. How many years after Mustafa's death did the narrator go to work at the Department of Education in Khartoum?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
6. What happened to Mustafa during the big flooding?
(a) He didn't return home.
(b) He saved a lot of people.
(c) He lost his house.
(d) He got married.
7. In what has the narrator earned a doctorate?
8. Where is Mustafa from?
9. How long has the narrator been gone before returning to his village in Africa?
(a) Six years
(b) Eight years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Five years.
10. What was the narrator's promise to Mustafa?
(a) Not to go into the triangular room.
(b) Not to take care of his sons.
(c) Not to talk about him.
(d) Not to talk about his mother.
11. What was presumed about Mustafa by the group of people the narrator talks to?
(a) That he was an intelligent professor.
(b) That he was happily married.
(c) That he was dead.
(d) That he was a millionaire.
12. What is the name of the river that runs through the village?
13. What does the narrator tell his family about the Europeans?
(a) That they are just like the people in his village are.
(b) That they are very different from the people in his village.
(c) That they have the same customs and traditions.
(d) That they are much smarter than the people in his village.
14. What did Mustafa do as the first Sudanese?
(a) Marry a French woman.
(b) Marry only one woman at a time.
(c) Marry an Egyptian woman.
(d) Marry an English woman.
15. Who did Wad want to marry?
(a) The widow of Mustafa Sa'eed.
(b) The wife of the narrator.
(c) Bint Mazjoub.
(d) The narrator's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mustafa feel when he grew up?
2. What did Mustafa cause to other young women?
3. What does the narrator say about Western women?
4. How long did it take Mustafa to learn to write?
5. What were tribal women that Western women are not?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)