|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator guardian of?
(a) Mustafa's wife.
(b) Wad's sister.
(c) Wad's children.
(d) Mustafa's children.
2. How many years did Mustafa stay in his first school before going abroad the first time?
(a) Four months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
3. What does the narrator do when he hears the story about Mustafa in the train?
(a) He listens.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He says he doesn't know who Mustafa is.
(d) He says he knew Mustafa as well.
4. Who should be given the key to the triangular room eventually?
(a) Mustafa's sons.
(b) Mustafa's wife.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Mustafa's mother.
5. Who is telling a story when the narrator arrives at his grandfather's house?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His uncle.
6. What did Mustafa suffer from?
(b) Suicidal thoughts.
(c) A chronic disease.
7. How did an influential man once appear before Mustafa?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On a mule.
(c) On a bike.
(d) In a car.
8. With who did they banter back and forth about their sexual exploits at grandfather's house?
(a) With the old women.
(b) With the old men.
(c) With the village leaders.
(d) With the neighbors.
9. Where did the narrator stay during his absence in the village?
10. What did the narrator miss most during his absence in the village?
(b) The food.
(c) The climate.
(d) The closeness of tribal life.
11. How long has the narrator been gone before returning to his village in Africa?
(a) Six years
(b) Five years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Seven years.
12. What is the narrator's response to the presumption about Mustafa?
(a) That he's dead.
(b) That he was an intelligent professor.
(c) That he was a millionaire.
(d) That he was happily married.
13. What did the grandfather splurge on?
(a) What the narrator needed.
(b) What he needed for prayer.
(c) What his wife needed.
(d) What he needed for the house.
14. What is the name of the narrator's favorite tree?
15. What was the narrator's promise to Mustafa?
(a) Not to talk about his mother.
(b) Not to go into the triangular room.
(c) Not to talk about him.
(d) Not to take care of his sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mustafa travel around Europe, the Orient and India?
2. Who was the public prosecutor at Mustafa's trial?
3. How long did it take Mustafa to learn to write?
4. When was the Sudanese independence?
5. What did Mustafa cause to other young women?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)