|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator talk about when he returns to the village he grew up in?
(a) A donkey.
(b) The steamer that travels on the Nile.
(c) His new love affair.
2. How does the narrator think Mustafa died?
(a) By disease or suffocation.
(b) By drowning or disease.
(c) By drowning or suicide.
(d) By disease or suicide.
3. What is left for the narrator when Mustafa disappeared?
(b) A message and a testament.
(c) A key and a message.
(d) A key and a testament.
4. Which gift does Mustafa bring the narrator when he visits his house?
(a) Papayas and mangos.
(b) Melons and bananas.
(c) Melons and oranges.
(d) Bananas and oranges.
5. What did Mustafa do as the first Sudanese?
(a) Marry an English woman.
(b) Marry only one woman at a time.
(c) Marry a French woman.
(d) Marry an Egyptian woman.
6. Why did Mustafa decide to stay in the village after leaving the place he was from?
(a) Because he falls in love with a woman.
(b) Because he likes it.
(c) Because he gets offered a job.
(d) Because he meets the narrator.
7. How was Mustafa presented at his trial?
(a) As a suicidal man.
(b) As a young murderer.
(c) As a young genius.
(d) As an unintelligent student.
8. What did Mustafa cause to other young women?
(c) Love of life.
9. What is the name of the strange man in the village?
10. What was presumed about Mustafa by the group of people the narrator talks to?
(a) That he was a millionaire.
(b) That he was dead.
(c) That he was an intelligent professor.
(d) That he was happily married.
11. How often did the steamer come to the narrator's childhood village?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Twice a month.
(d) Once a month.
12. How did Mustafa feel when he grew up?
13. What happened to Mustafa during the big flooding?
(a) He lost his house.
(b) He got married.
(c) He saved a lot of people.
(d) He didn't return home.
14. How does the narrator travel back to the village from the steamer?
(a) By horse.
(b) By donkey.
(c) By foot.
(d) By camel.
15. What did the villagers begin to build at one point?
(a) A supermarket.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A school.
(d) An army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Mustafa have?
2. When did legendary flooding of the Nile occur?
3. In what has the narrator earned a doctorate?
4. What does the narrator's father do when he has tea with his family again?
5. Who is telling a story when the narrator arrives at his grandfather's house?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)