|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bint Mazjoub tell stories of?
(a) Her siblings.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her husbands.
(d) Her children.
2. What was the narrator's promise to Mustafa?
(a) Not to talk about him.
(b) Not to talk about his mother.
(c) Not to take care of his sons.
(d) Not to go into the triangular room.
3. Where is Mustafa from?
4. How many months a year dioesthe narrator spend in the village he grew up in?
5. When did legendary flooding of the Nile occur?
(a) Every 20 or 30 years.
(b) Every 40 or 50 years.
(d) Every 100 years.
6. How old is the strange man in the village the narrator is curious about?
(a) Around 60.
(b) Around 40.
(c) Around 50.
(d) Around 70.
7. What does the narrator say about Western women?
(a) That they are attractive.
(b) That he doesn't know about them.
(c) That he knows all about them
(d) That they are smart.
8. What is left for the narrator when Mustafa disappeared?
(b) A key and a message.
(c) A message and a testament.
(d) A key and a testament.
9. Where did Mustafa first see Isabella Seymour?
(a) At school.
(b) At a park.
(c) At a store.
(d) In a bar.
10. Who is Sa'eed?
(a) The shopkeeper.
(b) Mustafa's helper.
(c) The mechanic.
(d) Mustafa's brother.
11. What did this influential man do to Mustafa?
(a) He gave him a gift.
(b) He took him to school.
(c) He beat him.
(d) He offered him tea.
12. What were tribal women that Western women are not?
13. What does the narrator invite Mustafa to after their introduction?
(a) To tea.
(b) To coffee.
(c) To cookies.
(d) To juice.
14. Who waits for the narrator each time he arrived back in his childhood village?
(a) Just his father.
(b) His father and his friends.
(c) His father and other family members.
(d) Just his friends.
15. What is Mustafa's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the narrator and his grandfather feel about seeing each other?
2. Who did Wad want to marry?
3. Why did Mustafa marry Jean?
4. How does the narrator travel back to the village from the steamer?
5. What is the house of the narrator's grandfather made of?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)