|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does the man on the train talk to the narrator about?
(a) His career with the army.
(b) The narrator's career.
(c) The weather.
(d) His career with the government.
2. Whose voice did the narrator hear when he walked by his grandfather's house?
(a) His father's.
(b) His grandfather's.
(c) His grandmother's.
3. What was presumed about Mustafa during the big flooding?
(a) That he lost his children.
(b) That he moved.
(c) That he drowned.
(d) That he lost his wife.
4. What were Western women called in the stories at grandfather's house?
(a) Smart women.
(b) Pretty women.
(c) Infidel women.
(d) Ugly women.
5. What did Mustafa cause to other young women?
(a) Love of life.
6. What did this influential man do to Mustafa?
(a) He offered him tea.
(b) He gave him a gift.
(c) He beat him.
(d) He took him to school.
7. What is the name of the strange man in the village?
8. How many days following their introduction do the narrator and Mustafa have dinner?
(a) In four days.
(b) The next day.
(c) In two days.
(d) In ten days.
9. How did an influential man once appear before Mustafa?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On a bike.
(c) On a mule.
(d) In a car.
10. Who was the public prosecutor at Mustafa's trial?
(a) One of his teachers at Oxford.
(b) One of his friends from Oxford.
(c) One of his friends from Cairo.
(d) One of his teachers at Cairo.
11. What does the narrator invite Mustafa to after their introduction?
(a) To coffee.
(b) To tea.
(c) To cookies.
(d) To juice.
12. Where did Mustafa go to school when he had to go abroad for the first time?
13. What is the house of the narrator's grandfather made of?
(b) Palm leaves.
14. What religion did they talk about at the grandfather's house?
15. What is stored in the strange triangular room of Mustafa's house?
(a) A testament.
(c) Papers and diaries.
(d) A key and a message.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invited the narrator to lunch as the group left grandfather's house?
2. Which people occupied the Sudan in the past?
3. What does the narrator's sister think about Western women?
4. In what has the narrator earned a doctorate?
5. How did Mustafa feel when he grew up?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)