|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator invite Mustafa to after their introduction?
(a) To coffee.
(b) To tea.
(c) To cookies.
(d) To juice.
2. How does the narrator know about the legendary flooding of the Nile?
(a) His mother told him.
(b) He read about it.
(c) Mustafa told him.
(d) His father told him.
3. Who does the narrator visit a month after the conversation on the train?
(a) Some people from the University in Khartoum.
(b) Some people from the University in Cairo.
(c) Some people from the Department of Education.
(d) Some people from the Department of Agriculture.
4. Who is telling a story when the narrator arrives at his grandfather's house?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His brother.
5. Where did the narrator stay during his absence in the village?
6. What had instructions about what to do in the event of Mustafa's death?
(a) A diary.
(b) A testament.
(c) A letter.
(d) A postcard.
7. What does the narrator do when he hears the story about Mustafa in the train?
(a) He listens.
(b) He says he knew Mustafa as well.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He says he doesn't know who Mustafa is.
8. How old is the strange man in the village the narrator is curious about?
(a) Around 60.
(b) Around 40.
(c) Around 50.
(d) Around 70.
9. What did the narrator miss most during his absence in the village?
(a) The climate.
(c) The food.
(d) The closeness of tribal life.
10. What does the narrator talk about when he returns to the village he grew up in?
(b) His new love affair.
(c) The steamer that travels on the Nile.
(d) A donkey.
11. Who was Mustafa's only relative?
(a) His father.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
12. How did Mustafa feel when he grew up?
13. What is the name of the narrator's favorite tree?
14. Who is Sa'eed?
(a) Mustafa's brother.
(b) The mechanic.
(c) The shopkeeper.
(d) Mustafa's helper.
15. Who is the narrator guardian of?
(a) Wad's children.
(b) Mustafa's wife.
(c) Mustafa's children.
(d) Wad's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How wass the grandfather's house built?
2. Which gift does Mustafa bring the narrator when he visits his house?
3. How many years after Mustafa's death did the narrator go to work at the Department of Education in Khartoum?
4. Who did Bint Mazjoub tell stories of?
5. Who joins the narrator when he is drinking with Mahjoub one day?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)