|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what has the narrator earned a doctorate?
2. What did the narrator do after leaving Mustafa's house the night Mustafa told his story?
(a) He visits his grandfather.
(b) He wanders around.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He goes for a swim.
3. What does the narrator invite Mustafa to after their introduction?
(a) To cookies.
(b) To tea.
(c) To juice.
(d) To coffee.
4. When did Mustafa travel around Europe, the Orient and India?
(a) After he was released from prison.
(b) After he lost his mother.
(c) After he killed one of his wives.
(d) After he finished school.
5. What happened to Mustafa during the big flooding?
(a) He lost his house.
(b) He saved a lot of people.
(c) He got married.
(d) He didn't return home.
6. What is stored in the strange triangular room of Mustafa's house?
(a) A testament.
(c) A key and a message.
(d) Papers and diaries.
7. Who is the narrator guardian of?
(a) Wad's sister.
(b) Wad's children.
(c) Mustafa's children.
(d) Mustafa's wife.
8. What was the name of the college Mustafa went to in the Sudan?
(a) Khartoum Collage.
(b) Oxford Collage.
(c) Graham Collage.
(d) Gordon Collage.
9. What did Mustafa suffer from?
(c) A chronic disease.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
10. How do the narrator and his grandfather feel about seeing each other?
(b) Overly excited.
11. What else does the man on the train talk to the narrator about?
(a) The narrator's career.
(b) His career with the army.
(c) The weather.
(d) His career with the government.
12. Who was Mustafa's only relative?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
13. Why did Mustafa marry Jean?
(a) Because he loved her very much.
(b) Because she wanted to get married.
(c) Because he wanted her money.
(d) Because she wanted children.
14. How many days following their introduction do the narrator and Mustafa have dinner?
(a) In four days.
(b) In ten days.
(c) In two days.
(d) The next day.
15. What did Mustafa do when this influential man appeared?
(a) Hide somewhere.
(b) Run away.
(c) Offer him tea.
(d) Talk to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time Mustafa saw his mother?
2. How long has the narrator been gone before returning to his village in Africa?
3. What were tribal women that Western women are not?
4. How many different women was Mustafa living with simultaneously when he was with Jean?
5. Who did the villagers blame for not getting the project they worked on finished?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)