|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 166-169.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different women was Mustafa living with simultaneously when he was with Jean?
2. Why did the narrator go back to the village after leaving by car?
(a) Because he received a phone call.
(b) Because somebody told him to in a visit.
(c) Because he received a cable.
(d) Because he received an email.
3. What does the narrator talk about when he returns to the village he grew up in?
(a) The steamer that travels on the Nile.
(c) His new love affair.
(d) A donkey.
4. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
(a) The educational conference.
(b) A new university.
(c) A new hospital.
(d) The agricultural conference.
5. How many cigarettes did the narrator give the person who asked for one?
(d) The whole pack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's favorite tree?
2. What kinds of things did people in the narrator's village normally not do?
3. What will Hosna do if she's forced to marry Wad?
4. What was the narrator caught in when he couldn't go any further?
5. What did Mustafa suffer from?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)