|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 105-115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the strange man in the village the narrator is curious about?
(a) Around 40.
(b) Around 60.
(c) Around 50.
(d) Around 70.
2. Who was the public prosecutor at Mustafa's trial?
(a) One of his teachers at Oxford.
(b) One of his friends from Cairo.
(c) One of his teachers at Cairo.
(d) One of his friends from Oxford.
3. Who does the narrator visit a month after the conversation on the train?
(a) Some people from the University in Khartoum.
(b) Some people from the Department of Agriculture.
(c) Some people from the University in Cairo.
(d) Some people from the Department of Education.
4. What was presumed about Mustafa during the big flooding?
(a) That he drowned.
(b) That he moved.
(c) That he lost his children.
(d) That he lost his wife.
5. What is the narrator's response to the presumption about Mustafa?
(a) That he was a millionaire.
(b) That he's dead.
(c) That he was an intelligent professor.
(d) That he was happily married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator talk about when he returns to the village he grew up in?
2. Where did the narrator leave for after the ceremony in his village?
3. Whose voice did the narrator hear when he walked by his grandfather's house?
4. When did legendary flooding of the Nile occur?
5. Who did the villagers blame for not getting the project they worked on finished?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)