|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 61-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is left for the narrator when Mustafa disappeared?
(b) A key and a message.
(c) A message and a testament.
(d) A key and a testament.
2. How does the narrator think Mustafa died?
(a) By disease or suicide.
(b) By disease or suffocation.
(c) By drowning or suicide.
(d) By drowning or disease.
3. Who does the narrator talk to one day when taking the train?
(a) His brother.
(b) A retired lawyer.
(c) A retired civil servant.
(d) His father.
4. How often did the steamer come to the narrator's childhood village?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Twice a month.
5. What does the narrator not want Mustafa to become for him?
(a) An obsession.
(b) A vague memory.
(c) An example.
(d) A hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had instructions about what to do in the event of Mustafa's death?
2. What does the narrator talk about when he returns to the village he grew up in?
3. What did the villagers begin to build at one point?
4. In what has the narrator earned a doctorate?
5. What is the narrator's response to the presumption about Mustafa?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)