|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 134-165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's father do when he has tea with his family again?
(a) He recites verses from the Koran.
(b) He eats cake.
(c) He tells a few stories.
(d) He recites verses from the Bible.
2. What did the narrator think to do with the room when he leaves?
(a) Lock it forever.
(b) Trash it.
(c) Empty it.
(d) Burn it.
3. What did Mustafa do as the first Sudanese?
(a) Marry a French woman.
(b) Marry an Egyptian woman.
(c) Marry only one woman at a time.
(d) Marry an English woman.
4. Who did Wad want to marry?
(a) The wife of the narrator.
(b) The narrator's mother.
(c) The widow of Mustafa Sa'eed.
(d) Bint Mazjoub.
5. Why did the narrator go back to the village after leaving by car?
(a) Because somebody told him to in a visit.
(b) Because he received a phone call.
(c) Because he received an email.
(d) Because he received a cable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator feel, realizing his world turned upside down?
2. How many days following their introduction do the narrator and Mustafa have dinner?
3. What does the narrator talk about when he returns to the village he grew up in?
4. How long has the narrator been gone before returning to his village in Africa?
5. Where did Mrs. Robinson live?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)