|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 45-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's favorite tree?
2. What happened to Mustafa during the big flooding?
(a) He saved a lot of people.
(b) He lost his house.
(c) He didn't return home.
(d) He got married.
3. When was the last time Mustafa saw his mother?
(a) When he got married.
(b) While he was at school abroad.
(c) Before he went to school abroad.
(d) After he went to school abroad.
4. Who does the narrator remember when he sees his favorite tree?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
5. Why did Mustafa marry Jean?
(a) Because she wanted children.
(b) Because she wanted to get married.
(c) Because he wanted her money.
(d) Because he loved her very much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mustafa decide to stay in the village after leaving the place he was from?
2. Whose voice did the narrator hear when he walked by his grandfather's house?
3. What is the name of the river that runs through the village?
4. What does the subject turn to during the narrator's visit to the group of people, a month after the train conversation?
5. How was Mustafa presented at his trial?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)