|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 45-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was presumed about Mustafa during the big flooding?
(a) That he moved.
(b) That he lost his children.
(c) That he drowned.
(d) That he lost his wife.
2. What else does the man on the train talk to the narrator about?
(a) His career with the army.
(b) The narrator's career.
(c) The weather.
(d) His career with the government.
3. How did an influential man once appear before Mustafa?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On a mule.
(c) On a bike.
(d) In a car.
4. How many years did Mustafa stay in his first school before going abroad the first time?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
5. How long did it take Mustafa to learn to write?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's response to the presumption about Mustafa?
2. Whose voice did the narrator hear when he walked by his grandfather's house?
3. Why did Mustafa decide to stay in the village after leaving the place he was from?
4. What does the narrator tell his family about the Europeans?
5. Where did the narrator stay during his absence in the village?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)