|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 116-133.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator visit a month after the conversation on the train?
(a) Some people from the Department of Education.
(b) Some people from the Department of Agriculture.
(c) Some people from the University in Khartoum.
(d) Some people from the University in Cairo.
2. What was the narrator being told by the person who picks him up?
(a) That the boys were all right.
(b) That his father was all right.
(c) That Hosna was all right.
(d) That his grandfather was all right.
3. Why did the narrator visit his sister?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) To get a letter from Hosna.
(c) To get information about the murders.
(d) To avoid an argument.
4. What does the narrator hear about Mustafa during the conversation in the train?
(a) That he was a fair student.
(b) That he was a brilliant teacher.
(c) That he killed many women.
(d) That he was the most brilliant student.
5. How long ago did he leave the village the last time?
(a) 32 days.
(b) One month.
(c) 28 days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was presumed about Mustafa during the big flooding?
2. How were Hosna and Wad buried?
3. What did the narrator tell his friend Mahjoub about in Khartoum?
4. What is the narrator's response to the presumption about Mustafa?
5. How many years after Mustafa's death did the narrator go to work at the Department of Education in Khartoum?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)