|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's purpose of the play?
2. In addition to progress, evolution, and the Women's Movement, what does Albee also touch on in Seascape?
3. What does Nancy crave as her life's potential?
4. What do the lizards decide to do after Leslie attacks Charlie for making her cry?
5. What does the author want the audience to play the least attention to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Leslie and Charlie.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbols of progress that are revealed in the play. Use textual references to support your findings.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the characteristics of Charlie and Nancy's marriage that create the most tension. How is that tension symbolic of evolution?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)