|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Leslie not concede to regarding exclusivity?
2. What person/place/thing does Charlie compare Leslie to?
3. How do each couple engage in communication as a result of their failed first attempt?
4. What is the author's purpose of the play?
5. Because Charlie is not willing to let a male of any species view his wife's breasts, what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the ending of the play happy? Is the ending inspiring? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the role of Charlie mirrors the male role in the Women's Liberation Movement of the 1970s.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbols of progress that are revealed in the play. Use textual references to support your findings.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)