|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nancy assure Charlie about the lizards?
2. Who does Charlie say is inside planes and underwater in machines?
3. What does Nancy explain is the reason that parents keep children besides rearing?
4. Why is communication frustrating between the lizards and the humans?
5. Which combination of lizards and humans are comfortable with each other right away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the role of Charlie mirrors the male role in the Women's Liberation Movement of the 1970s.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbols of progress that are revealed in the play. Use textual references to support your findings.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the characteristics of Charlie and Nancy's marriage that create the most tension. How is that tension symbolic of evolution?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)