|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nancy speak to first?
2. What does Nancy take the opportunity to do now that Charlie is explaining underwater machinery?
3. What are Nancy and Charlie trying to attempt by using physical communication?
4. How does Charlie feel as the lizards approach?
5. Why does the lizard couple appear to have better communication with each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and Contrast the 1970s decade with the themes of Albee's play. Name three ways the decade is portrayed as a decade of social change.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the elements of the setting (the jets, the ocean) parallel evolution.
Essay Topic 3
How is the idea of "progress" portrayed in the play? Refer to specific scenes to support your answer.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)