|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Charlie and Nancy react to the actions of the lizards as they first approach them in a submissive position?
2. What does Nancy do to continue to communicate with the lizards?
3. What begins to happen as the lizards and the humans interact and try to understand each other better?
4. What does Leslie do to Charlie in an effort to elicit a response from him?
5. What do the lizards ask Charlie after he discusses the theory of evolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the theme of Act 1. Use textual references.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the role of Nancy is a mirror to the Women's Liberation Movement of the 1970s.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the setting of the beach is symbolic.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)