|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charlie and Nancy mostly do to each other throughout the entire Act 2?
2. What is the primary reason the lizards feel they have to leave the sea?
3. Why does the lizard couple appear to have better communication with each other?
4. Who does Charlie engage in a conversation with after Nancy begins to speak?
5. How do the stilted efforts to communicate between the lizards and the humans make Charlie feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the jets that fly overhead.
Essay Topic 2
What are the human needs of Nancy that are not being met? How are these needs communicated to Charlie? Describe how Charlie helps or does not help Nancy in her evolution.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the characteristics of Charlie and Nancy's marriage that create the most tension. How is that tension symbolic of evolution?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)