Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of Act 1?
2. What are Charlie and Nancy facing as they enter their new stage in life?
3. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
4. How does Nancy feel about Charlie's blase attitude?
5. What is the best way to describe the gesture that Nancy and Charlie are exhibiting for the creatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nancy's attitude towards Charlie's retirement desire.
2. What happens to the lizards as a jet flies overhead?
3. Describe the act of shaking hands between the lizards and the humans.
4. What happens just as Nancy mentions the need to write postcards to the family?
5. Desperate to get a reaction from her husband about anything, what subject does Nancy bring up and why?
6. What made the lizards leave their home in the sea?
7. How does Charlie try to defend himself and his wife against the sea creatures?
8. How does Charlie react to Nancy steering the conversation to his childhood dream?
9. Describe the opening setting of Act 1.
10. After the biological information about procreation and child-rearing is explained, what concept does Nancy tell the lizards about that the lizards do not understand?
Explain how the anthropomorphic (animals that have human qualities) creatures are used by the author to illustrate human emotions and revelations.
Explain the theme of Act 1. Use textual references.
Describe how the elements of the setting (the jets, the ocean) parallel evolution.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)