|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie think the creatures must be a result of?
2. How does Nancy describe her husband at the end of Act 1 while in submission to the lizards?
3. What is Charlie's ideal life?
4. What object does the creature peek out behind?
5. What do the jets overhead help to identify?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between what Charlie is in the mood for and what Nancy is in the mood for after lunch?
2. What do Nancy and Charlie each think of the approaching lizards?
3. How does Charlie assist in the discussion of emotions and love?
4. What happens as Act 2 opens and the lizards approach?
5. As the humans and lizards grow weary of having to explain themselves to each other, what does Nancy take the opportunity to do?
6. How does Charlie react when Nancy brings up his living underwater dream for the second time?
7. Why does the conversation of exclusivity threaten to create a problem?
8. What does the appearance of another jet do to the group?
9. After the biological information about procreation and child-rearing is explained, what concept does Nancy tell the lizards about that the lizards do not understand?
10. How do the lizards reveal themselves to Charlie and Nancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the characters depict the concept of evolution. Use textual evidence.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the author's purpose. Use textual references.
Essay Topic 3
Is the ending of the play happy? Is the ending inspiring? Explain.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)