|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nancy feel about Charlie's blase attitude?
2. Which character finds a descent size stick?
3. What does Charlie's actions do to his relationship with Nancy?
4. What scientific theory is addressed in Act 1?
5. Which character does the author favor in shedding light on historical events of the 1970s?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sarah and Charlie react to the exposure of Nancy's breasts?
2. What does Sarah learn from Nancy as they notice a flock of seagulls flying overhead?
3. Explain how the lizards agree to stay on land and not return to the sea?
4. Why does the conversation of exclusivity threaten to create a problem?
5. What does the simple explanation of clothing lead to?
6. How are Charlie and Nancy arranged on the beach to show submission?
7. Has Charlie ever had an affair? Explain.
8. How does Charlie react when Nancy brings up his living underwater dream for the second time?
9. What happens just as Nancy mentions the need to write postcards to the family?
10. How does Nancy react to her husband's raving and blaming of why the lizards have appeared?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbols of progress that are revealed in the play. Use textual references to support your findings.
Essay Topic 2
How is the idea of "progress" portrayed in the play? Refer to specific scenes to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Nancy and Sarah.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)