|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nancy's ideal life?
2. What does Nancy hope to infuse her marriage with?
3. What does Charlie call the whole scene?
4. How does Nancy feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
5. What was Charlie testing when he let himself sink down to the bottom of the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlie assist in the discussion of emotions and love?
2. What happens as Act 2 opens and the lizards approach?
3. How does Charlie react when Nancy attempts to encourage Charlie to pursue his childhood dream now?
4. What happens just as Nancy mentions the need to write postcards to the family?
5. What does the appearance of another jet do to the group?
6. How does Charlie react when Nancy brings up his living underwater dream for the second time?
7. What does Sarah reveal to Nancy about her eggs?
8. How do the lizards reveal themselves to Charlie and Nancy?
9. What does Charlie immediately blame the existence of the lizards on?
10. What is the difference between what Charlie is in the mood for and what Nancy is in the mood for after lunch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the anthropomorphic (animals that have human qualities) creatures are used by the author to illustrate human emotions and revelations.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the jets that fly overhead.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the theme of Act 1. Use textual references.
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)