|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Nancy bring up regarding their sex life?
2. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
3. How did women feel as a result of having time outside of the home?
4. Why did Nancy suspect Charlie of infidelity?
5. What do the jets overhead help to identify?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Leslie cannot concede complete loyalty to Sarah?
2. Describe Nancy's attitude towards Charlie's retirement desire.
3. Describe how Nancy reacts to Charlie telling her she has been a good wife.
4. What is the last effort Nancy makes towards her husband at the end of Act 1?
5. How do Sarah and Charlie react to the exposure of Nancy's breasts?
6. What does Sarah reveal to Nancy about her eggs?
7. How do Nancy and Charlie react to the sound of a jet overhead interrupting their conversation?
8. How does Charlie react when Nancy attempts to encourage Charlie to pursue his childhood dream now?
9. What does Charlie discuss with the lizards after they tell him why they left their home in the sea?
10. What happens as Act 2 opens and the lizards approach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the idea of alienation is a common thread throughout the play. Use textual evidence to support your findings.
Essay Topic 2
Is the ending of the play happy? Is the ending inspiring? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the setting of the beach is symbolic.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)