|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie pass off Nancy's idea of his dream as?
2. What can Charlie's indifference to Nancy's needs can be viewed as?
3. Which character finds a descent size stick?
4. How does Charlie feel about Nancy's attempt to infuse enthusiasm into their relationship?
5. Where does the setting open in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the simple explanation of clothing lead to?
2. What does the appearance of another jet do to the group?
3. How do Charlie and Nancy initially react to the presence of the lizards?
4. How does Nancy react to her husband's raving and blaming of why the lizards have appeared?
5. What will happen if Charlie is unwilling to go along with Nancy's retirement dreams?
6. What happens when Leslie cannot concede complete loyalty to Sarah?
7. What does Nancy not understand about her husband's retirement plan?
8. Describe the act of shaking hands between the lizards and the humans.
9. What is the last effort Nancy makes towards her husband at the end of Act 1?
10. How do Nancy and Charlie react to the sound of a jet overhead interrupting their conversation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the elements of the setting (the jets, the ocean) parallel evolution.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and Contrast the 1970s decade with the themes of Albee's play. Name three ways the decade is portrayed as a decade of social change.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the setting of the beach is symbolic.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)