|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman has Nancy become?
2. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
3. How did women feel as a result of having time outside of the home?
4. How does Nancy react to Charlie's blasy attitude?
5. What object does the creature peek out behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nancy react to her husbands question of Sarah?
2. What is Charlie's plan of defense against the lizards?
3. What do Charlie and Nancy hope their submissive gesture will do?
4. Describe Nancy's attitude towards Charlie's retirement desire.
5. How do Sarah and Charlie react to the exposure of Nancy's breasts?
6. Describe how Nancy reacts to Charlie telling her she has been a good wife.
7. What does Charlie ask Sarah at the end of the play?
8. How are Charlie and Nancy arranged on the beach to show submission?
9. What does Charlie immediately blame the existence of the lizards on?
10. How do the lizards respond to Charlie's discussion of the theory of evolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define what genre "Seascape" falls into. Is it primarily fantasy, comedy, absurd, or satire? Use textual/dialogue evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the characters depict the concept of evolution. Use textual evidence.
Essay Topic 3
Is the ending of the play happy? Is the ending inspiring? Explain.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)