|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the character of Nancy?
2. What kind of woman has Nancy become?
3. How did women feel about the use of their newly allowed free time in the 1970's?
4. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
5. What human element do the jets overhead exemplify?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Charlie and Nancy initially react to the presence of the lizards?
2. As the humans and lizards grow weary of having to explain themselves to each other, what does Nancy take the opportunity to do?
3. What topic does the breast exposure lead to?
4. What does Nancy not understand about her husband's retirement plan?
5. What is amazing to Leslie and Sarah about human child-rearing?
6. What happens when Leslie cannot concede complete loyalty to Sarah?
7. What does the conversation of procreation and child-rearing lead to?
8. Has Charlie ever had an affair? Explain.
9. What is Charlie's plan of defense against the lizards?
10. What does Sarah reveal to Nancy about her eggs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the human needs of Nancy that are not being met? How are these needs communicated to Charlie? Describe how Charlie helps or does not help Nancy in her evolution.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the jets that fly overhead.
Essay Topic 3
Is the ending of the play happy? Is the ending inspiring? Explain.
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)