|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman has Nancy become?
2. What is Nancy's ideal life?
3. What does Nancy suggest her and Charlie do as the lizards approach?
4. What concept do the lizards parallel?
5. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens just as Nancy mentions the need to write postcards to the family?
2. How do Sarah and Charlie react to the exposure of Nancy's breasts?
3. How do the lizards reveal themselves to Charlie and Nancy?
4. What happens to the lizards as a jet flies overhead?
5. What made the lizards leave their home in the sea?
6. What would Charlie like to do during retirement as opposed to Nancy?
7. How are Charlie and Nancy arranged on the beach to show submission?
8. How does Nancy react to her husband's raving and blaming of why the lizards have appeared?
9. Describe how the humans communicate effectively with the lizards.
10. How does Charlie react to Nancy steering the conversation to his childhood dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the jets that fly overhead.
Essay Topic 2
Is the ending of the play happy? Is the ending inspiring? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the characteristics of Charlie and Nancy's marriage that create the most tension. How is that tension symbolic of evolution?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)