|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is the tension created in her marriage enough to silence Nancy?
2. What did the changes of the 1970s provide women with?
3. What concept do the lizards parallel?
4. What kind of wife does Charlie tell Nancy she is?
5. What does Charlie ask his wife to find in order to defend themselves against the creatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the humans communicate effectively with the lizards.
2. What is so incredulous, according to Leslie and Sarah, about human reproduction?
3. How does Leslie react to Charlie's question of Sarah?
4. How are Charlie and Nancy arranged on the beach to show submission?
5. What do Nancy and Charlie each think of the approaching lizards?
6. Has Charlie ever had an affair? Explain.
7. How do the lizards reveal themselves to Charlie and Nancy?
8. How does Charlie react to Nancy steering the conversation to his childhood dream?
9. How does Charlie try to defend himself and his wife against the sea creatures?
10. How does Charlie react when Nancy brings up his living underwater dream for the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Nancy and Sarah.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism of the jets that fly overhead.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the elements of the setting (the jets, the ocean) parallel evolution.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)