|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Nancy and Charlie lie on their backs?
2. What attribute of Charlie is affected by lying on his back in submission?
3. Which character finds a descent size stick?
4. What kind of woman has Nancy become?
5. What does Nancy want to plan with Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charlie's plan of defense against the lizards?
2. How does Charlie react to Nancy's demonstration of submission to the lizards?
3. How do the lizards reveal themselves to Charlie and Nancy?
4. Describe Nancy's attitude towards Charlie's retirement desire.
5. What happens as Act 2 opens and the lizards approach?
6. Has Charlie ever had an affair? Explain.
7. What does the appearance of another jet do to the group?
8. How do Charlie and Nancy initially react to the presence of the lizards?
9. What does Sarah learn from Nancy as they notice a flock of seagulls flying overhead?
10. What is the difference between what Charlie is in the mood for and what Nancy is in the mood for after lunch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Leslie and Charlie.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Nancy and Sarah.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the elements of the setting (the jets, the ocean) parallel evolution.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)