|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
2. What does Nancy suggest her and Charlie do as the lizards approach?
3. How does Charlie respond to accusations of infidelity?
4. What is the theme of Act 1?
5. What human element do the jets overhead exemplify?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Charlie and Nancy initially react to the presence of the lizards?
2. What happens just as Nancy mentions the need to write postcards to the family?
3. How do Nancy and Charlie react to the sound of a jet overhead interrupting their conversation?
4. What does Nancy do to show submission to the lizards?
5. What does the conversation of procreation and child-rearing lead to?
6. How does Nancy react to her husbands question of Sarah?
7. Has Charlie ever had an affair? Explain.
8. What is amazing to Leslie and Sarah about human child-rearing?
9. What is Charlie's plan of defense against the lizards?
10. What would Charlie like to do during retirement as opposed to Nancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the jets that fly overhead.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the role of Nancy is a mirror to the Women's Liberation Movement of the 1970s.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the author's purpose. Use textual references.
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)