|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concept do the lizards parallel?
2. How does Nancy feel when the lizards reappear?
3. How does Nancy feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
4. What types of creatures does the beach location allude that humans evolved from?
5. How does Nancy react to Charlie's blasy attitude?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Nancy reacts to Charlie telling her she has been a good wife.
2. What happens just as Nancy mentions the need to write postcards to the family?
3. How does Charlie react to Nancy's demonstration of submission to the lizards?
4. What topic does the breast exposure lead to?
5. What does Nancy do to show submission to the lizards?
6. How do Charlie and Nancy initially react to the presence of the lizards?
7. How are Charlie and Nancy arranged on the beach to show submission?
8. Describe the second time the lizards approach the humans?
9. How does Nancy react to her husband's raving and blaming of why the lizards have appeared?
10. Describe how the humans communicate effectively with the lizards.
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Nancy and Sarah.
Essay Topic 2
Define what genre "Seascape" falls into. Is it primarily fantasy, comedy, absurd, or satire? Use textual/dialogue evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbols of progress that are revealed in the play. Use textual references to support your findings.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)