|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is created in Charlie and Nancy's marriage as a result of miscommunication?
2. What object does the creature peek out behind?
3. What is Nancy in the mood for after lunch?
4. What does Charlie call the whole scene?
5. How did women feel about the use of their newly allowed free time in the 1970's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Charlie and Nancy initially react to the presence of the lizards?
2. What does Charlie ask Sarah at the end of the play?
3. How do Nancy and Charlie react to the sound of a jet overhead interrupting their conversation?
4. How do Sarah and Charlie react to the exposure of Nancy's breasts?
5. What does the appearance of another jet do to the group?
6. What is so incredulous, according to Leslie and Sarah, about human reproduction?
7. How does Charlie try to defend himself and his wife against the sea creatures?
8. Describe the first time Nancy feels fear of the sea creatures.
9. Describe the act of shaking hands between the lizards and the humans.
10. How does Charlie react when Nancy brings up his living underwater dream for the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the jets that fly overhead.
Essay Topic 2
What are the human needs of Nancy that are not being met? How are these needs communicated to Charlie? Describe how Charlie helps or does not help Nancy in her evolution.
Essay Topic 3
How is the idea of "progress" portrayed in the play? Refer to specific scenes to support your answer.
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)