|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie's ideal life?
2. What does Charlie think is imminent?
3. What does Charlie's actions do to his relationship with Nancy?
4. How does the author view the events of the 1970s?
5. As the couple argues, what creature appears?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the humans communicate effectively with the lizards.
2. What does Sarah learn from Nancy as they notice a flock of seagulls flying overhead?
3. What does Charlie ask Sarah at the end of the play?
4. What do Nancy and Charlie each think of the approaching lizards?
5. What does Sarah reveal to Nancy about her eggs?
6. How does Charlie assist in the discussion of emotions and love?
7. What do Charlie and Nancy hope their submissive gesture will do?
8. Describe the first time Nancy feels fear of the sea creatures.
9. What does Charlie immediately blame the existence of the lizards on?
10. What does the appearance of another jet do to the group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the anthropomorphic (animals that have human qualities) creatures are used by the author to illustrate human emotions and revelations.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Leslie and Charlie.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the role of Charlie mirrors the male role in the Women's Liberation Movement of the 1970s.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)