|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie respond to accusations of infidelity?
2. What did the changes of the 1970s provide women with?
3. What does Charlie think the creatures must be a result of?
4. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
5. Is the tension created in her marriage enough to silence Nancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the conversation of procreation and child-rearing lead to?
2. What happens when Leslie cannot concede complete loyalty to Sarah?
3. What is Charlie's plan of defense against the lizards?
4. Where would Charlie like to spend his retirement?
5. How does Charlie try to defend himself and his wife against the sea creatures?
6. What does Nancy not understand about her husband's retirement plan?
7. Has Charlie ever had an affair? Explain.
8. How do the lizards reveal themselves to Charlie and Nancy?
9. How do the lizards respond to Charlie's discussion of the theory of evolution?
10. What topic does the breast exposure lead to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the characters depict the concept of evolution. Use textual evidence.
Essay Topic 2
Is the ending of the play happy? Is the ending inspiring? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the setting of the beach is symbolic.
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)