|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nancy hope to infuse her marriage with?
2. What human element do the jets overhead exemplify?
3. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
4. When did Nancy suspect Charlie of having an affair?
5. During the 1970s, what did women have more of and permission to use it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Charlie and Nancy arranged on the beach to show submission?
2. What is the difference between what Charlie is in the mood for and what Nancy is in the mood for after lunch?
3. What would Charlie like to do during retirement as opposed to Nancy?
4. What happens to the lizards as a jet flies overhead?
5. As a jet flies overhead and distracts the couple, what does Nancy steer the conversation back to and remind Charlie of?
6. How does Charlie assist in the discussion of emotions and love?
7. Describe the relationships between Charlie and Leslie and Nancy and Sarah upon first meeting?
8. What happens just as Nancy mentions the need to write postcards to the family?
9. Has Charlie ever had an affair? Explain.
10. Describe the opening setting of Act 1.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the author's purpose. Use textual references.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the setting of the beach is symbolic.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Nancy and Sarah.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)