|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is created in Charlie and Nancy's marriage as a result of miscommunication?
2. What word best describes Charlie and Nancy's ability to bridge the communication gap?
3. What does Nancy suggest her and Charlie do as the lizards approach?
4. What do the jets overhead help to identify?
5. How does Nancy feel when she sees the creatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Charlie like to do during retirement as opposed to Nancy?
2. How does Nancy respond when Charlie mentions the concept of machines to the lizards and speaks of machines that go underwater?
3. As a jet flies overhead and distracts the couple, what does Nancy steer the conversation back to and remind Charlie of?
4. What is so incredulous, according to Leslie and Sarah, about human reproduction?
5. Has Charlie ever had an affair? Explain.
6. How does Charlie react to Nancy's demonstration of submission to the lizards?
7. What do Nancy and Charlie each think of the approaching lizards?
8. Why does the conversation of exclusivity threaten to create a problem?
9. What does Nancy not understand about her husband's retirement plan?
10. Describe the relationships between Charlie and Leslie and Nancy and Sarah upon first meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the idea of "progress" portrayed in the play? Refer to specific scenes to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the characters depict the concept of evolution. Use textual evidence.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the role of Nancy is a mirror to the Women's Liberation Movement of the 1970s.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)