|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scientific theory is addressed in Act 1?
2. How does Nancy feel when she sees the creatures?
3. What are Charlie and Nancy facing as they enter their new stage in life?
4. What does Nancy and Charlie hope their act will communicate to the lizards as they approach?
5. What events does the author use the character of Nancy to shed light on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen if Charlie is unwilling to go along with Nancy's retirement dreams?
2. What is so incredulous, according to Leslie and Sarah, about human reproduction?
3. Explain how the lizards agree to stay on land and not return to the sea?
4. What happens just as Nancy mentions the need to write postcards to the family?
5. How does Charlie try to defend himself and his wife against the sea creatures?
6. How do the lizards respond to Charlie's discussion of the theory of evolution?
7. How does Leslie describe his pairing with Sarah?
8. How does Charlie react to Nancy's demonstration of submission to the lizards?
9. How does Charlie assist in the discussion of emotions and love?
10. How does Nancy react to her husbands question of Sarah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the jets that fly overhead.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the setting of the beach is symbolic.
Essay Topic 3
What are the human needs of Nancy that are not being met? How are these needs communicated to Charlie? Describe how Charlie helps or does not help Nancy in her evolution.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)