|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
2. What does Nancy suggest her and Charlie do as the lizards approach?
3. As the play opens, what have Charlie and Nancy finished enjoying?
4. What is the best description of the twig that Nancy chose as defense?
5. Is the tension created in her marriage enough to silence Nancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens during and as a result of the lizards approaching?
2. What is amazing to Leslie and Sarah about human child-rearing?
3. What do Nancy and Charlie each think of the approaching lizards?
4. Describe the act of shaking hands between the lizards and the humans.
5. What happens to the lizards as a jet flies overhead?
6. What does the appearance of another jet do to the group?
7. What do Charlie and Nancy hope their submissive gesture will do?
8. What does Sarah learn from Nancy as they notice a flock of seagulls flying overhead?
9. Describe how Nancy reacts to Charlie telling her she has been a good wife.
10. What does Nancy do to show submission to the lizards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the role of Nancy is a mirror to the Women's Liberation Movement of the 1970s.
Essay Topic 2
How is the idea of "progress" portrayed in the play? Refer to specific scenes to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the idea of alienation is a common thread throughout the play. Use textual evidence to support your findings.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)