|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie in the mood for after lunch?
2. What had the women in the 1970s been doing with their time prior to the social movements?
3. What does Charlie ask his wife to find in order to defend themselves against the creatures?
4. What does Nancy want to plan with Charlie?
5. What do the jets overhead help to identify?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Nancy and Charlie react to the sound of a jet overhead interrupting their conversation?
2. What does Sarah reveal to Nancy about her eggs?
3. What does the conversation of procreation and child-rearing lead to?
4. Where would Charlie like to spend his retirement?
5. Describe Nancy's attitude towards Charlie's retirement desire.
6. Describe how Nancy reacts to Charlie telling her she has been a good wife.
7. How are Charlie and Nancy arranged on the beach to show submission?
8. How does Nancy's tone regarding Charlie's role as a husband and father affect him?
9. How does Charlie assist in the discussion of emotions and love?
10. After the biological information about procreation and child-rearing is explained, what concept does Nancy tell the lizards about that the lizards do not understand?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and Contrast the 1970s decade with the themes of Albee's play. Name three ways the decade is portrayed as a decade of social change.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Nancy and Sarah.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbols of progress that are revealed in the play. Use textual references to support your findings.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)