|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nancy in the mood for after lunch?
2. What word best describes Charlie and Nancy's ability to bridge the communication gap?
3. What concept do the lizards parallel?
4. What was Charlie's childhood dream?
5. What is Charlie's ideal life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie discuss with the lizards after they tell him why they left their home in the sea?
2. Has Charlie ever had an affair? Explain.
3. What would Charlie like to do during retirement as opposed to Nancy?
4. What does the appearance of another jet do to the group?
5. How do the lizards reveal themselves to Charlie and Nancy?
6. What does Sarah reveal to Nancy about her eggs?
7. How does Nancy react to her husbands question of Sarah?
8. What does Nancy do to show submission to the lizards?
9. After the biological information about procreation and child-rearing is explained, what concept does Nancy tell the lizards about that the lizards do not understand?
10. How does Nancy react to her husband's raving and blaming of why the lizards have appeared?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the ending of the play happy? Is the ending inspiring? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the gender-based communication skills of Charlie and Nancy with the lizards.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Leslie and Charlie.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)