|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nancy feel that both Charlie and Nancy have lost?
2. What does Nancy want to plan with Charlie?
3. What is Charlie in the mood for after lunch?
4. How does Charlie feel about Nancy's attempt to infuse enthusiasm into their relationship?
5. Is Charlie's intention to be hurtful towards his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the last effort Nancy makes towards her husband at the end of Act 1?
2. What does Sarah learn from Nancy as they notice a flock of seagulls flying overhead?
3. Describe the relationships between Charlie and Leslie and Nancy and Sarah upon first meeting?
4. Describe how the humans communicate effectively with the lizards.
5. What happens to the lizards as a jet flies overhead?
6. What does the conversation of procreation and child-rearing lead to?
7. Why does the conversation of exclusivity threaten to create a problem?
8. What does Nancy do to show submission to the lizards?
9. How do Sarah and Charlie react to the exposure of Nancy's breasts?
10. Describe the second time the lizards approach the humans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define what genre "Seascape" falls into. Is it primarily fantasy, comedy, absurd, or satire? Use textual/dialogue evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Leslie and Charlie.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the characteristics of Charlie and Nancy's marriage that create the most tension. How is that tension symbolic of evolution?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)