|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
2. How does Nancy feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
3. How did women feel as a result of having time outside of the home?
4. What is created in Charlie and Nancy's marriage as a result of miscommunication?
5. What attribute of Charlie is affected by lying on his back in submission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens during and as a result of the lizards approaching?
2. What does Sarah reveal to Nancy about her eggs?
3. What does Nancy not understand about her husband's retirement plan?
4. As a jet flies overhead and distracts the couple, what does Nancy steer the conversation back to and remind Charlie of?
5. How does Charlie react when Nancy attempts to encourage Charlie to pursue his childhood dream now?
6. Has Charlie ever had an affair? Explain.
7. Describe the relationships between Charlie and Leslie and Nancy and Sarah upon first meeting?
8. What do Nancy and Charlie each think of the approaching lizards?
9. Where would Charlie like to spend his retirement?
10. What topic does the breast exposure lead to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the role of Nancy is a mirror to the Women's Liberation Movement of the 1970s.
Essay Topic 2
How is the idea of "progress" portrayed in the play? Refer to specific scenes to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the characters depict the concept of evolution. Use textual evidence.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)