|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
2. What is the theme of Act 1?
3. What human element do the jets overhead exemplify?
4. What word best describes the character of Nancy?
5. What did the changes of the 1970s provide women with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the second time the lizards approach the humans?
2. What do Nancy and Charlie each think of the approaching lizards?
3. What does Charlie ask Sarah at the end of the play?
4. How does Charlie try to defend himself and his wife against the sea creatures?
5. How does Charlie react to Nancy steering the conversation to his childhood dream?
6. How does Leslie describe his pairing with Sarah?
7. What does Nancy not understand about her husband's retirement plan?
8. What is Charlie's plan of defense against the lizards?
9. Describe the opening setting of Act 1.
10. Describe the act of shaking hands between the lizards and the humans.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the ending of the play happy? Is the ending inspiring? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Define what genre "Seascape" falls into. Is it primarily fantasy, comedy, absurd, or satire? Use textual/dialogue evidence to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the idea of alienation is a common thread throughout the play. Use textual evidence to support your findings.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)