|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the women in the 1970s been doing with their time prior to the social movements?
(a) Developing a career
(d) Looking for a husband
2. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
(a) A lake
(b) The sea
(c) A swimming pool
(d) A lagoon
3. What do the jets overhead help to identify?
(a) The geographic location
(b) The time period
(c) The advancement of technology
(d) The insanity of Charlie
4. How did women feel about the use of their newly allowed free time in the 1970's?
5. What did the changes of the 1970s provide women with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nancy in the mood for after lunch?
2. What object does the creature peek out behind?
3. How does the author view the events of the 1970s?
4. What question does Nancy bring up regarding their sex life?
5. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between what Charlie is in the mood for and what Nancy is in the mood for after lunch?
2. Describe how the humans communicate effectively with the lizards.
3. What does Charlie ask Sarah at the end of the play?
4. Describe how Nancy reacts to Charlie telling her she has been a good wife.
5. As the humans and lizards grow weary of having to explain themselves to each other, what does Nancy take the opportunity to do?
6. Describe the opening setting of Act 1.
7. Why does the conversation of exclusivity threaten to create a problem?
8. What does the appearance of another jet do to the group?
9. How does Nancy's tone regarding Charlie's role as a husband and father affect him?
10. How does Charlie react when Nancy brings up his living underwater dream for the second time?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)