|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
(b) Clear headed
2. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
3. What events does the author use the character of Nancy to shed light on?
(a) Critical events of the 1990s
(b) Critical events of the 1970s
(c) Critical events of the 1980s
(d) Critical events of the 21st century
4. What does the sound of the jet make the lizards do?
(a) The sound makes them bury their heads in the sand
(b) The sound angers them and they attack
(c) The sound makes them scream
(d) The sound sends them back behind the rocks
5. How does the author view the events of the 1970s?
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Charlie's intention to be hurtful towards his wife?
2. What does Nancy feel that both Charlie and Nancy have lost?
3. What does Nancy encourage her husband to do as he lies on his back?
4. What had the women in the 1970s been doing with their time prior to the social movements?
5. How does Nancy feel about Charlie's blase attitude?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Nancy reacts to Charlie telling her she has been a good wife.
2. What does Charlie discuss with the lizards after they tell him why they left their home in the sea?
3. How do Sarah and Charlie react to the exposure of Nancy's breasts?
4. What is the difference between what Charlie is in the mood for and what Nancy is in the mood for after lunch?
5. Why does the conversation of exclusivity threaten to create a problem?
6. What is Charlie's plan of defense against the lizards?
7. How does Leslie describe his pairing with Sarah?
8. What does the appearance of another jet do to the group?
9. How do the lizards reveal themselves to Charlie and Nancy?
10. How does Charlie react when Nancy attempts to encourage Charlie to pursue his childhood dream now?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)