|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the play opens, what have Charlie and Nancy finished enjoying?
(a) A picnic lunch
(b) Feeding the seagulls
(c) A long run
(d) A walk on the shore line
2. When did Nancy suspect Charlie of having an affair?
(a) After 10 years of marriage
(b) After their 1st year of marriage
(d) After 20 years of marriage
3. What did the changes of the 1970s provide women with?
4. What is the theme of Act 1?
(a) The challenge of the sexes
(b) The challenge of evolution
(c) The challenge of communication
(d) The challenge of retirement
5. What is Charlie's ideal life?
(a) To travel the globe
(b) To live on a ranch
(c) To stay close to home
(d) To become a writer
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Charlie and Nancy facing as they enter their new stage in life?
2. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
3. What does the sound of the jet make the lizards do?
4. What does Charlie hope the gesture will save them from?
5. What kind of relationship do Charlie and Nancy have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlie react to Nancy's demonstration of submission to the lizards?
2. What happens when Leslie cannot concede complete loyalty to Sarah?
3. How does Charlie assist in the discussion of emotions and love?
4. How does Charlie react to Nancy steering the conversation to his childhood dream?
5. Describe the opening setting of Act 1.
6. What does the appearance of another jet do to the group?
7. Explain how the lizards agree to stay on land and not return to the sea?
8. How does Nancy's tone regarding Charlie's role as a husband and father affect him?
9. What would Charlie like to do during retirement as opposed to Nancy?
10. How does Charlie try to defend himself and his wife against the sea creatures?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)