Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of Act 1?
(a) The challenge of the sexes
(b) The challenge of communication
(c) The challenge of retirement
(d) The challenge of evolution
2. What are Charlie and Nancy facing as they enter their new stage in life?
(a) Financial ruin
(b) Health problems
(c) Empty nest syndrome
(d) Childless depression
3. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
4. How does Nancy feel about Charlie's blase attitude?
5. What is the best way to describe the gesture that Nancy and Charlie are exhibiting for the creatures?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie want to retire?
2. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
3. What object does the creature peek out behind?
4. How does Charlie feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
5. What does Nancy encourage her husband to do as he lies on his back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nancy's attitude towards Charlie's retirement desire.
2. What happens to the lizards as a jet flies overhead?
3. Describe the act of shaking hands between the lizards and the humans.
4. What happens just as Nancy mentions the need to write postcards to the family?
5. Desperate to get a reaction from her husband about anything, what subject does Nancy bring up and why?
6. What made the lizards leave their home in the sea?
7. How does Charlie try to defend himself and his wife against the sea creatures?
8. How does Charlie react to Nancy steering the conversation to his childhood dream?
9. Describe the opening setting of Act 1.
10. After the biological information about procreation and child-rearing is explained, what concept does Nancy tell the lizards about that the lizards do not understand?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)