|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Charlie's childhood dream?
(a) To live underwater
(b) To swim with dolphins
(c) To be an actor
(d) To run a company
2. What sound interrupts Charlie and Nancy's conversation?
(a) Jets overhead
(b) Other people talking
(c) A lifeguard rescuing a swimmer
(d) Squaking seagulls
3. What question does Nancy bring up regarding their sex life?
(a) Whether Charlie is still in love with her
(b) Whether Charlie has had an affair
(c) Whether Charlie is interested in sex
(d) Whether Charlie is a good lover
4. What does Charlie think the creatures must be a result of?
(a) Having eaten rancid liver paster for lunch
(b) A punishment for a faulty marriage
(c) Having salt water in their eyes
(d) Drinking too much wine
5. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
(b) Clear headed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie pass off Nancy's idea of his dream as?
2. How did women feel about the use of their newly allowed free time in the 1970's?
3. Where does the setting open in Act 1?
4. Is the tension created in her marriage enough to silence Nancy?
5. What events does the author use the character of Nancy to shed light on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the lizards reveal themselves to Charlie and Nancy?
2. What is the last effort Nancy makes towards her husband at the end of Act 1?
3. How does Charlie react when Nancy brings up his living underwater dream for the second time?
4. Desperate to get a reaction from her husband about anything, what subject does Nancy bring up and why?
5. Why does the conversation of exclusivity threaten to create a problem?
6. What happens when Leslie cannot concede complete loyalty to Sarah?
7. After the biological information about procreation and child-rearing is explained, what concept does Nancy tell the lizards about that the lizards do not understand?
8. How does Leslie react to Charlie's question of Sarah?
9. What does the appearance of another jet do to the group?
10. How does Charlie react to Nancy steering the conversation to his childhood dream?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)