|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie hope the gesture will save them from?
(a) Being buried alive
(c) Cruel fate
(d) Being eaten alive
2. Why do Nancy and Charlie lie on their backs?
(a) To surrender
(b) To prevent the lizards from attacking
(c) Charlie hurt himself
(d) To hide
3. What does Charlie think is imminent?
(b) Certain death
4. What word best describes the character of Nancy?
5. What is the theme of Act 1?
(a) The challenge of evolution
(b) The challenge of the sexes
(c) The challenge of retirement
(d) The challenge of communication
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nancy encourage her husband to do as he lies on his back?
2. What kind of relationship do Charlie and Nancy have?
3. What does Nancy hope to infuse her marriage with?
4. What does Nancy not understand about Charlie's retirement plan?
5. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie discuss with the lizards after they tell him why they left their home in the sea?
2. How does Charlie react to Nancy's demonstration of submission to the lizards?
3. What does Sarah reveal to Nancy about her eggs?
4. Explain how the lizards agree to stay on land and not return to the sea?
5. How do Sarah and Charlie react to the exposure of Nancy's breasts?
6. How does Charlie react when Nancy brings up his living underwater dream for the second time?
7. What does Nancy do to show submission to the lizards?
8. What does Charlie immediately blame the existence of the lizards on?
9. Describe what happens during and as a result of the lizards approaching?
10. What happens as Act 2 opens and the lizards approach?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)