|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main historical event the author has illustrated in the play?
(a) The Women's Liberation Movement
(b) Women's Suffrage
(c) The Equal Rights Ammendment
2. During the 1970s, what did women have more of and permission to use it?
3. How does the author view the events of the 1970s?
4. How does Nancy's choice in twigs make her husband feel?
(a) He is indifferent
(b) He is enraged
(c) He is proud
(d) He is thrilled
5. What do Nancy and Charlie declare at the end of Act 1?
(a) Their hatred for each other
(b) Their love for each other
(c) War on the lizards
(d) War on each other
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nancy feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
2. What had the women in the 1970s been doing with their time prior to the social movements?
3. What kind of man has Charlie become?
4. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
5. How does Nancy feel about Charlie's blase attitude?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlie react when Nancy brings up his living underwater dream for the second time?
2. How do the lizards respond to Charlie's discussion of the theory of evolution?
3. What happens to the lizards as a jet flies overhead?
4. Describe the opening setting of Act 1.
5. What is the last effort Nancy makes towards her husband at the end of Act 1?
6. What is the difference between what Charlie is in the mood for and what Nancy is in the mood for after lunch?
7. Describe the first time Nancy feels fear of the sea creatures.
8. What does the appearance of another jet do to the group?
9. What does Charlie ask Sarah at the end of the play?
10. As the humans and lizards grow weary of having to explain themselves to each other, what does Nancy take the opportunity to do?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)