|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie think is imminent?
(a) Certain death
2. What events does the author use the character of Nancy to shed light on?
(a) Critical events of the 1980s
(b) Critical events of the 21st century
(c) Critical events of the 1990s
(d) Critical events of the 1970s
3. What human element do the jets overhead exemplify?
4. How does Charlie feel about Nancy's attempt to infuse enthusiasm into their relationship?
5. What attribute of Charlie is affected by lying on his back in submission?
(a) His humor
(b) His anger
(c) His dignity
(d) His sanity
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie ask his wife to find in order to defend themselves against the creatures?
2. What happens when the lizards move forward towards Charlie and Nancy?
3. What object does the creature peek out behind?
4. What does Nancy not understand about Charlie's retirement plan?
5. What does Nancy and Charlie hope their act will communicate to the lizards as they approach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlie react when Nancy attempts to encourage Charlie to pursue his childhood dream now?
2. How do Sarah and Charlie react to the exposure of Nancy's breasts?
3. How does Charlie assist in the discussion of emotions and love?
4. How does Nancy react to her husband's raving and blaming of why the lizards have appeared?
5. How do the lizards reveal themselves to Charlie and Nancy?
6. Describe the relationships between Charlie and Leslie and Nancy and Sarah upon first meeting?
7. Explain how the lizards agree to stay on land and not return to the sea?
8. What does Charlie discuss with the lizards after they tell him why they left their home in the sea?
9. What does Charlie immediately blame the existence of the lizards on?
10. What happens as Act 2 opens and the lizards approach?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)