|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What events does the author use the character of Nancy to shed light on?
(a) Critical events of the 1970s
(b) Critical events of the 1990s
(c) Critical events of the 21st century
(d) Critical events of the 1980s
2. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
(a) An argument
(b) A dip in the water
(c) A long walk on the beach
(d) A sexual escapade
3. When does Nancy show fear?
(a) When her husband makes a frightening noise
(b) When the male lizard makes a frightening noise
(c) When she herself makes a frightening noise
(d) When the female lizard makes a frightening noise
4. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
5. How does Charlie feel about Nancy's attempt to infuse enthusiasm into their relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie think the creatures must be a result of?
2. Which character finds a descent size stick?
3. What does Nancy want from her marriage?
4. What does Charlie hope to infuse his marriage with?
5. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah learn from Nancy as they notice a flock of seagulls flying overhead?
2. What does Nancy do to show submission to the lizards?
3. What is the last effort Nancy makes towards her husband at the end of Act 1?
4. Describe the relationships between Charlie and Leslie and Nancy and Sarah upon first meeting?
5. How do Nancy and Charlie react to the sound of a jet overhead interrupting their conversation?
6. How does Leslie react to Charlie's question of Sarah?
7. How do Sarah and Charlie react to the exposure of Nancy's breasts?
8. Describe the first time Nancy feels fear of the sea creatures.
9. What is so incredulous, according to Leslie and Sarah, about human reproduction?
10. What does Charlie immediately blame the existence of the lizards on?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)