|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nancy in the mood for after lunch?
(a) To talk about the fresh salty air
(b) To talk about the shells
(c) To talk about the birds
(d) To talk about her love of water
2. What subject does Nancy bring up at the desperate attempt to get a reaction out of her husband?
(a) Their finances
(b) Their future live as divorcees
(c) Their children's college fund
(d) Their sex life
3. What was Charlie testing when he let himself sink down to the bottom of the lake?
(a) How strong he was
(b) How much self discipline he had
(c) How long he could stay underwater
(d) How fast he could swim back up to the surface
4. What types of creatures does the beach location allude that humans evolved from?
(b) Sand creatures
(c) Sea creatures
5. What did Charlie used to hold to let himself sink to the bottom of the lake?
(a) Two heavy bricks
(b) Two sea turtles
(c) Two heavy rocks
(d) Two bags of sand
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie think the creatures must be a result of?
2. How does Nancy react to Charlie's blasy attitude?
3. How does Nancy feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
4. How does Charlie respond to accusations of infidelity?
5. What kind of relationship do Charlie and Nancy have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Has Charlie ever had an affair? Explain.
2. How does Charlie assist in the discussion of emotions and love?
3. What is Charlie's plan of defense against the lizards?
4. What does Nancy not understand about her husband's retirement plan?
5. What do Charlie and Nancy hope their submissive gesture will do?
6. How do Charlie and Nancy initially react to the presence of the lizards?
7. What happens when Leslie cannot concede complete loyalty to Sarah?
8. How does Leslie react to Charlie's question of Sarah?
9. Where would Charlie like to spend his retirement?
10. What happens just as Nancy mentions the need to write postcards to the family?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)