|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Nancy show fear?
(a) When she herself makes a frightening noise
(b) When the male lizard makes a frightening noise
(c) When her husband makes a frightening noise
(d) When the female lizard makes a frightening noise
2. What does Charlie think is imminent?
(b) Certain death
3. How does Charlie feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
(a) Charlie thinks the sound is delightful
(b) Charlie is overwhelmed
(c) Charlie lets Nancy make the decision
(d) Charlie thinks there will be a crash
4. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
(d) Clear headed
5. What concept do the lizards parallel?
(a) The industrial revolution
(b) The evolution of man
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Nancy and Charlie lie on their backs?
2. What does Charlie hope to infuse his marriage with?
3. What does Nancy not understand about Charlie's retirement plan?
4. How does Nancy feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
5. Which character does the author favor in shedding light on historical events of the 1970s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the lizards agree to stay on land and not return to the sea?
2. What does Charlie discuss with the lizards after they tell him why they left their home in the sea?
3. What is the last effort Nancy makes towards her husband at the end of Act 1?
4. How does Charlie react to Nancy's demonstration of submission to the lizards?
5. What is so incredulous, according to Leslie and Sarah, about human reproduction?
6. Describe the first time Nancy feels fear of the sea creatures.
7. How does Nancy react to her husband's raving and blaming of why the lizards have appeared?
8. What happens as Act 2 opens and the lizards approach?
9. What happens when Leslie cannot concede complete loyalty to Sarah?
10. What topic does the breast exposure lead to?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)