|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Charlie and Nancy facing as they enter their new stage in life?
(a) Financial ruin
(b) Empty nest syndrome
(c) Childless depression
(d) Health problems
2. What is the best way to describe the gesture that Nancy and Charlie are exhibiting for the creatures?
3. What kind of woman has Nancy become?
4. How many times during Act 1 does Nancy bring up Charlie's childhood dream of living underwater?
(c) Three times
5. What is Nancy in the mood for after lunch?
(a) To talk about the birds
(b) To talk about the fresh salty air
(c) To talk about her love of water
(d) To talk about the shells
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nancy want to plan with Charlie?
2. What happens when the lizards move forward towards Charlie and Nancy?
3. How does Nancy describe her husband at the end of Act 1 while in submission to the lizards?
4. As the play opens, what have Charlie and Nancy finished enjoying?
5. What kind of man has Charlie become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens just as Nancy mentions the need to write postcards to the family?
2. What does Sarah reveal to Nancy about her eggs?
3. As the humans and lizards grow weary of having to explain themselves to each other, what does Nancy take the opportunity to do?
4. Why does the conversation of exclusivity threaten to create a problem?
5. As a jet flies overhead and distracts the couple, what does Nancy steer the conversation back to and remind Charlie of?
6. How does Charlie react when Nancy attempts to encourage Charlie to pursue his childhood dream now?
7. After the biological information about procreation and child-rearing is explained, what concept does Nancy tell the lizards about that the lizards do not understand?
8. What does Nancy not understand about her husband's retirement plan?
9. What is amazing to Leslie and Sarah about human child-rearing?
10. How does Nancy react to her husband's raving and blaming of why the lizards have appeared?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)