|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie's ideal life?
(a) To become a writer
(b) To live on a ranch
(c) To travel the globe
(d) To stay close to home
2. What does Nancy suggest her and Charlie do as the lizards approach?
(a) Call for help
(b) Lie on the ground
(d) Jump in the water
3. How does Nancy feel about Charlie's blase attitude?
4. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
(d) Clear headed
5. What kind of relationship do Charlie and Nancy have?
(a) They are brother and sister
(b) They are friends
(c) They are dating
(d) They are married
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie respond to accusations of infidelity?
2. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
3. What kind of woman has Nancy become?
4. What is Charlie in the mood for after lunch?
5. What does the sound of the jet make the lizards do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the opening setting of Act 1.
2. What happens to the lizards as a jet flies overhead?
3. How do Nancy and Charlie react to the sound of a jet overhead interrupting their conversation?
4. How do Charlie and Nancy initially react to the presence of the lizards?
5. How does Charlie assist in the discussion of emotions and love?
6. How does Nancy's tone regarding Charlie's role as a husband and father affect him?
7. How does Charlie react when Nancy brings up his living underwater dream for the second time?
8. After the biological information about procreation and child-rearing is explained, what concept does Nancy tell the lizards about that the lizards do not understand?
9. Why does the conversation of exclusivity threaten to create a problem?
10. How does Charlie react to Nancy's demonstration of submission to the lizards?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)