|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did women feel about the use of their newly allowed free time in the 1970's?
2. What is created in Charlie and Nancy's marriage as a result of miscommunication?
3. What does Charlie pass off Nancy's idea of his dream as?
(a) Childhood fancy
(b) Too lofty of a goal
(c) Childhood humor
(d) Too hard
4. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
5. When did Nancy suspect Charlie of having an affair?
(a) After 20 years of marriage
(c) After their 1st year of marriage
(d) After 10 years of marriage
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main historical event the author has illustrated in the play?
2. How did women feel as a result of having time outside of the home?
3. What attribute of Charlie is affected by lying on his back in submission?
4. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
5. As the play opens, what have Charlie and Nancy finished enjoying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Charlie and Nancy arranged on the beach to show submission?
2. After the biological information about procreation and child-rearing is explained, what concept does Nancy tell the lizards about that the lizards do not understand?
3. Desperate to get a reaction from her husband about anything, what subject does Nancy bring up and why?
4. Describe the act of shaking hands between the lizards and the humans.
5. How does Charlie try to defend himself and his wife against the sea creatures?
6. What do Nancy and Charlie each think of the approaching lizards?
7. What would Charlie like to do during retirement as opposed to Nancy?
8. Describe the second time the lizards approach the humans?
9. Describe the relationships between Charlie and Leslie and Nancy and Sarah upon first meeting?
10. What topic does the breast exposure lead to?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)