|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character finds a descent size stick?
(b) The Female Lizard
(c) The Male Lizard
2. What does Nancy encourage her husband to do as he lies on his back?
(b) Be expressionless
3. What kind of wife does Charlie tell Nancy she is?
(a) A good wife
(b) A cunning wife
(c) A happy wife
(d) A resentful wife
4. What do Nancy and Charlie declare at the end of Act 1?
(a) Their love for each other
(b) Their hatred for each other
(c) War on the lizards
(d) War on each other
5. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
(a) A lagoon
(b) The sea
(c) A swimming pool
(d) A lake
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main historical event the author has illustrated in the play?
2. What kind of relationship do Charlie and Nancy have?
3. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
4. What concept do the lizards parallel?
5. How did women feel about the use of their newly allowed free time in the 1970's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nancy's tone regarding Charlie's role as a husband and father affect him?
2. Describe how the humans communicate effectively with the lizards.
3. How do the lizards respond to Charlie's discussion of the theory of evolution?
4. Has Charlie ever had an affair? Explain.
5. What does Charlie immediately blame the existence of the lizards on?
6. What happens as Act 2 opens and the lizards approach?
7. How does Leslie react to Charlie's question of Sarah?
8. What does Nancy not understand about her husband's retirement plan?
9. What do Nancy and Charlie each think of the approaching lizards?
10. How do the lizards reveal themselves to Charlie and Nancy?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)