|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Charlie and Nancy facing as they enter their new stage in life?
(a) Childless depression
(b) Empty nest syndrome
(c) Health problems
(d) Financial ruin
2. How does Nancy feel when she sees the creatures?
3. How does Nancy's choice in twigs make her husband feel?
(a) He is enraged
(b) He is proud
(c) He is indifferent
(d) He is thrilled
4. Is Charlie's intention to be hurtful towards his wife?
(a) In some cases
(c) It is unclear
5. What was Charlie's childhood dream?
(a) To be an actor
(b) To swim with dolphins
(c) To live underwater
(d) To run a company
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the combination of opportunity and confusion in the 1970s can best be described as?
2. As the play opens, what have Charlie and Nancy finished enjoying?
3. What had the women in the 1970s been doing with their time prior to the social movements?
4. What kind of woman has Nancy become?
5. What object does the creature peek out behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie immediately blame the existence of the lizards on?
2. How does Charlie react when Nancy brings up his living underwater dream for the second time?
3. Has Charlie ever had an affair? Explain.
4. Describe what happens during and as a result of the lizards approaching?
5. How does Charlie react when Nancy attempts to encourage Charlie to pursue his childhood dream now?
6. How does Charlie try to defend himself and his wife against the sea creatures?
7. How does Charlie assist in the discussion of emotions and love?
8. What happens just as Nancy mentions the need to write postcards to the family?
9. What does Sarah reveal to Nancy about her eggs?
10. Describe the opening setting of Act 1.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)