|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the character of Nancy?
2. What does Nancy want from her marriage?
(a) Sex and adventure
(b) Money and a home
(c) Care and balance
(d) Intimacy and connection
3. What can the combination of opportunity and confusion in the 1970s can best be described as?
(a) A lie
(b) An invention by men
(c) A double edged sword
4. How many times during Act 1 does Nancy bring up Charlie's childhood dream of living underwater?
(c) Three times
5. What word best describes Charlie and Nancy's ability to bridge the communication gap?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie ask his wife to find in order to defend themselves against the creatures?
2. How does Charlie respond to accusations of infidelity?
3. What was the woman's main role before the 1970s?
4. What is Charlie in the mood for after lunch?
5. How does Charlie feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Charlie and Nancy initially react to the presence of the lizards?
2. What does Charlie immediately blame the existence of the lizards on?
3. How does Charlie try to defend himself and his wife against the sea creatures?
4. How do the lizards reveal themselves to Charlie and Nancy?
5. How does Charlie react to Nancy steering the conversation to his childhood dream?
6. What does Charlie discuss with the lizards after they tell him why they left their home in the sea?
7. What does Sarah reveal to Nancy about her eggs?
8. What happens when Leslie cannot concede complete loyalty to Sarah?
9. What happens to the lizards as a jet flies overhead?
10. How does Charlie react to Nancy's demonstration of submission to the lizards?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)