|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the lizards first do to Charlie and Nancy?
(a) They punch them
(b) They attack them
(c) They walk past them
(d) They poke them
2. What are lizards absolutely amazed to learn about humans and child rearing?
(a) That humans keep their offspring for years
(b) That humans interact with their offspring
(c) That offspring look like their parents
(d) That human offspring are so needy
3. Which combination of lizards and humans are comfortable with each other right away?
(a) Charlie and Sarah
(b) Nancy and Sarah
(c) Leslie and Nancy
(d) Sarah and Charlie
4. What pertinent questions does Charlie ask Sarah regarding their home and life together?
(a) How she would feel living alone
(b) How she would feel if Leslie were to leave
(c) How she would feel living on land
(d) How she would feel living with the humans
5. What are Leslie and Sarah in the process of without even knowing it?
(a) The process of progress
(b) The process of evolution
(c) The process of decline
(d) The process of reproduction
6. Why does Nancy tell they lizards that they should stay?
(a) Because she needs them for company
(b) Because they would like land better
(c) Because she likes them
(d) Because they will just return at some point
7. Who does Charlie engage in a conversation with after Nancy begins to speak?
(a) Charlie interrupts Nancy
8. According to Nancy and Charlie, when do humans stop child rearing?
(a) When a child has another child
(b) When a chid is prepared to take care of themselves
(c) It's a lifelong commitment
(d) When a child is married
9. How does Charlie feel about answering the lizards question about change?
10. What does the human couple offer the lizard couple at the end of Act 2?
11. What has Sarah never seen before?
12. Where does Sarah want to go after Charlie has upset her?
(a) Into the waves
(b) Rest on the sand
(c) Return to the sea
(d) Behind the rock
13. What does Nancy say that Charlie believes himself and Nancy to be?
14. How do each couple engage in communication as a result of their failed first attempt?
(a) Written communication
(b) They use a computer
(c) Physical communication
(d) They try to translate
15. Because Charlie is not willing to let a male of any species view his wife's breasts, what does he do?
(a) Charlie covers Leslie eyes with his hands
(b) Charlie covers up his wife
(c) Charlie thwarts Leslie's view
(d) Charlie attacks Leslie
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calms the men down?
2. Where does Charlie tell the lizards that man has evolved from?
3. What does Nancy take the opportunity to do now that Charlie is explaining underwater machinery?
4. What does the author want the audience to play the least attention to?
5. What is the name of the female lizard?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)