|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are lizards absolutely amazed to learn about humans and child rearing?
(a) That humans keep their offspring for years
(b) That human offspring are so needy
(c) That humans interact with their offspring
(d) That offspring look like their parents
2. According to Nancy and Charlie, when do humans stop child rearing?
(a) It's a lifelong commitment
(b) When a chid is prepared to take care of themselves
(c) When a child has another child
(d) When a child is married
3. What does Nancy want so desperately that she will entertain a friendship from another species?
4. What does Nancy explain is the reason that parents keep children besides rearing?
(a) For money
(b) For workers
(c) For love
(d) For company
5. How do each couple engage in communication as a result of their failed first attempt?
(a) They use a computer
(b) Physical communication
(c) They try to translate
(d) Written communication
6. What prize did Edward Albee win for the play, Seascape?
(a) The Newberry
(b) The Pulitzer
(c) The PEN Award
(d) The Man Book Prize
7. Where does Charlie tell the lizards that man has evolved from?
(a) Creatures of the sea
(b) Creatures in the desert
(c) Creatures in the jungle
(d) Creatures in Africa
8. What is exposed as a result of explaining why humans don't walk around naked?
(a) Nancy's breasts
(b) Nancy's navel
(c) Nancy's legs
(d) Nancy's thighs
9. What does Charlie try to explain to Leslie is the difference between their search for a mate?
(a) Humans are immature
(b) Humans look for love
(c) Lizards are more simple
(d) Lizards look for love
10. How does Charlie feel after he understands that the lizards do not understand him and his discussion on change?
11. How does Charlie feel as the lizards approach?
(a) He is in a state of awe
(b) He is in a state of panic
(c) He is in a catatonic state
(d) He is in a state of delight
12. What are Leslie and Sarah in the process of without even knowing it?
(a) The process of reproduction
(b) The process of evolution
(c) The process of decline
(d) The process of progress
13. What does Nancy do to continue to communicate with the lizards?
(a) She tries to teach them to dance
(b) She changes her clothes
(c) She changes the subject
(d) She tries to get them to swim
14. What do the lizards ask Charlie after he discusses the theory of evolution?
(a) If change is fast
(b) If change happens to everyone
(c) If change is their destiny
(d) If change is good
15. What does Nancy say that Charlie believes himself and Nancy to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Charlie bring up to avert any further questions from Nancy?
2. What does the topic of mammaries lead to a discussion of?
3. What do the seagulls overhead represent?
4. What does Leslie do to Charlie in an effort to elicit a response from him?
5. Which combination of lizards and humans are uncertain of each other right away?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)