|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charlie's reaction to the lizards can be best described as true to this quality of his personalty.
2. According to Nancy and Charlie, when do humans stop child rearing?
(a) When a child is married
(b) When a child has another child
(c) It's a lifelong commitment
(d) When a chid is prepared to take care of themselves
3. What is the name of the male lizard?
4. Nancy's reaction to the lizards can be best described as true to this quality of her personality.
(a) She is in awe
(b) She is paralyzed in fear
(c) She is horrified
(d) She is fascinated
5. What does Nancy want so desperately that she will entertain a friendship from another species?
6. What is the primary theme of Act 2?
7. What concept confuses Leslie and Sarah and threatens to create a problem?
8. What has happened to most of the eggs that Leslie and Sarah have produced?
(a) They've been eaten or lost
(b) They've been buried in the sand
(c) They've been injured
(d) They've been hatched
9. Which combination of lizards and humans are uncertain of each other right away?
(a) Nancy and Sarah
(b) Leslie and Nancy
(c) Charlie and Sarah
(d) Charlie and Leslie
10. How does Charlie react to Nancy telling the lizards about Charlie's hearts desire?
(a) He is happy and open
(b) He is joyful and anticipatory
(c) He is sad and depressed
(d) He is infuriated and embarrased
11. Who does Charlie engage in a conversation with after Nancy begins to speak?
(d) Charlie interrupts Nancy
12. What does the author touch on that is a critical event of the 1970's?
(a) The new deal
(b) New family dynamics
(c) The space age
(d) Western liberal democracy
13. What do the lizards decide to do after Leslie attacks Charlie for making her cry?
(a) Never speak to the humans again
(b) Declare revenge on the humans
(c) Stay on land
(d) Return to their home
14. What flies overhead and frightens the lizards?
(a) A flock of seagulls
(b) A heliocopter
(c) Another jet
(d) A kite
15. What does Charlie think will guarantee a scream out of him?
(a) One foot forward from the creatures
(b) One poke from the creatures
(c) One sound from Nancy
(d) One loud sound from the creatures
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the lizards feel about their unrest?
2. What does Nancy explain to Sarah as she looks up to the sky?
3. What does Nancy do to continue to communicate with the lizards?
4. What does the play Seascape bring together in a literary masterpiece?
5. What theme is even stronger in Act 2 than in Act 1?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)