|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does that author want the audience to pay the most attention to?
(a) Important domestic issues
(b) Important reproductive issues
(c) Important social issues
(d) Important biological issues
2. What does the author touch on that is a critical event of the 1970's?
(a) Western liberal democracy
(b) The new deal
(c) The space age
(d) New family dynamics
3. What is the primary reason the lizards feel they have to leave the sea?
(a) They don't belong
(b) They want an adventure
(c) They don't get along with the other lizards
(d) They don't like it
4. What does Nancy and the lizards mostly engage in?
5. What does Nancy explain is the reason that parents keep children besides rearing?
(a) For workers
(b) For money
(c) For company
(d) For love
6. How does Charlie feel about having to explain so much to the lizards?
7. How do each couple engage in communication as a result of their failed first attempt?
(a) Written communication
(b) They use a computer
(c) Physical communication
(d) They try to translate
8. How do the lizards feel about their unrest?
(a) They are eager to start over
(b) They know they don't like the sea
(c) They know something has changed
(d) They are happy and joyful
9. After the discussion of love, what does the topic turn to?
10. What do Charlie and Nancy mostly do to each other throughout the entire Act 2?
(a) Belittle each other
(b) Annoy each other
(c) Frustrate each other
(d) Love each other
11. What does the human couple offer the lizard couple at the end of Act 2?
12. Where does Charlie tell the lizards that man has evolved from?
(a) Creatures in the jungle
(b) Creatures in the desert
(c) Creatures in Africa
(d) Creatures of the sea
13. Why does the lizard couple appear to have better communication with each other?
(a) They rely on language
(b) They rely on attraction
(c) They rely on physical communication
(d) They rely on instinct
14. Why does Nancy tell they lizards that they should stay?
(a) Because they will just return at some point
(b) Because they would like land better
(c) Because she likes them
(d) Because she needs them for company
15. How does Nancy feel about her husband's insensitivity when he asks Sarah personal questions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the lizards think about the gestation period of human reproduction?
2. What do Leslie and Sarah determine after their first contact with the humans?
3. What do the seagulls overhead represent?
4. Where does Sarah want to go after Charlie has upset her?
5. What can Leslie not concede to regarding exclusivity?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)