|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Leslie choose Sarah as a partner?
(a) She was the longest lizard
(b) She was the prettiest lizard
(c) She was the fastest lizard
(d) She was the strongest lizard
2. What does the human couple offer the lizard couple at the end of Act 2?
3. What are lizards absolutely amazed to learn about humans and child rearing?
(a) That human offspring are so needy
(b) That humans interact with their offspring
(c) That offspring look like their parents
(d) That humans keep their offspring for years
4. What is the primary theme of Act 2?
5. Why is communication frustrating between the lizards and the humans?
(a) Because Leslie is shy
(b) Because Nancy is talking to much
(c) Because Charlie isn't talking
(d) Because of the language problem
6. What does Leslie do to Charlie in an effort to elicit a response from him?
(a) Leslie kicks Charlie hard
(b) Leslie pokes Charlie hard
(c) Leslie spits on Charlie
(d) Leslie tries to lift Charlie up
7. Where does Sarah want to go after Charlie has upset her?
(a) Into the waves
(b) Return to the sea
(c) Rest on the sand
(d) Behind the rock
8. Who does Charlie say is inside planes and underwater in machines?
9. What does Leslie ask is the purpose of, when referring to Charlie?
(a) His shoes
(b) His hair
(c) His fingers
(d) His clothes
10. What prize did Edward Albee win for the play, Seascape?
(a) The Pulitzer
(b) The Newberry
(c) The Man Book Prize
(d) The PEN Award
11. What do the lizards ask Charlie after he discusses the theory of evolution?
(a) If change is fast
(b) If change is good
(c) If change is their destiny
(d) If change happens to everyone
12. Who calms the men down?
(a) The men concede on their own
(c) The two women together
13. What does Nancy want so desperately that she will entertain a friendship from another species?
14. Charlie's reaction to the lizards can be best described as true to this quality of his personalty.
15. Where does Charlie tell the lizards that man has evolved from?
(a) Creatures in Africa
(b) Creatures in the jungle
(c) Creatures in the desert
(d) Creatures of the sea
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie feel about having to explain so much to the lizards?
2. What does Nancy explain is the reason that parents keep children besides rearing?
3. What does Nancy urge her husband to do?
4. How do the lizards feel about their unrest?
5. What does Charlie bring up as the lizards explain about their feelings for leaving the sea?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)