|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prize did Edward Albee win for the play, Seascape?
(a) The PEN Award
(b) The Pulitzer
(c) The Man Book Prize
(d) The Newberry
2. What does Nancy assure Charlie about the lizards?
(a) They are docile
(b) They are smaller than she thought
(c) They have no teeth
(d) They are harmless
3. What sounds appealing to Sarah during the discussion on exclusivity?
(a) Having a rich partner
(b) Having a handsome partner
(c) Having a strong partner
(d) Having a faithful partner
4. What is the author's purpose of the play?
(a) To explore reptilian life on earth
(b) To explore sex and love
(c) To explore evolution and progress
(d) To explore procreation and child-rearing
5. Why does Nancy tell they lizards that they should stay?
(a) Because they would like land better
(b) Because she likes them
(c) Because they will just return at some point
(d) Because she needs them for company
6. Why is communication frustrating between the lizards and the humans?
(a) Because Nancy is talking to much
(b) Because Charlie isn't talking
(c) Because of the language problem
(d) Because Leslie is shy
7. What position are Nancy and Charlie in when Act 2 opens?
(a) Playful positions
(b) They have left the beach
(c) Ideal positions
(d) Submissive positions
8. What does Nancy explain to Sarah as she looks up to the sky?
(a) The concept of flight
(b) The concept of precipitation
(c) The concept of a cloud
(d) The concept of the moon
9. What simple act is even challenging between the lizards and the humans?
(b) Making a sand castle
(c) Shaking hands
10. What pertinent questions does Charlie ask Sarah regarding their home and life together?
(a) How she would feel living on land
(b) How she would feel living with the humans
(c) How she would feel living alone
(d) How she would feel if Leslie were to leave
11. In addition to progress, evolution, and the Women's Movement, what does Albee also touch on in Seascape?
(a) Global warming
(b) Environmental issues
(c) The drop out rate
(d) Domestic violence
12. What are the lizards unable to grasp?
(a) The concept of pregnancy
(b) The concept of divorce
(c) The concept of emotions
(d) The concept of marriage
13. What do Leslie and Sarah determine after their first contact with the humans?
(a) They may become dangerous
(b) They are very dangerous
(c) They are dead
(d) There is no immediate danger
14. Nancy's reaction to the lizards can be best described as true to this quality of her personality.
(a) She is fascinated
(b) She is horrified
(c) She is paralyzed in fear
(d) She is in awe
15. What do the lizards decide to do after Leslie attacks Charlie for making her cry?
(a) Declare revenge on the humans
(b) Stay on land
(c) Never speak to the humans again
(d) Return to their home
Short Answer Questions
1. What is exposed as a result of explaining why humans don't walk around naked?
2. What do the lizards first do to Charlie and Nancy?
3. Who does Charlie engage in a conversation with after Nancy begins to speak?
4. What is the name of the male lizard?
5. Why does the lizard couple appear to have better communication with each other?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)