|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What simple act is even challenging between the lizards and the humans?
(c) Shaking hands
(d) Making a sand castle
2. How do each couple engage in communication as a result of their failed first attempt?
(a) They try to translate
(b) Physical communication
(c) They use a computer
(d) Written communication
3. What begins to happen as the lizards and the humans interact and try to understand each other better?
(a) They grow happy
(b) They grow belligerent
(c) They grow weary
(d) They laugh
4. After the discussion of love, what does the topic turn to?
5. Which combination of lizards and humans are comfortable with each other right away?
(a) Charlie and Sarah
(b) Leslie and Nancy
(c) Sarah and Charlie
(d) Nancy and Sarah
6. What does Sarah begin to do now that she is angry?
(a) Sarah throws a punch
(b) Sarah cries
(c) Sarah runs to Leslie for support
(d) Sarah runs away
7. What is the primary reason the lizards feel they have to leave the sea?
(a) They don't get along with the other lizards
(b) They don't belong
(c) They don't like it
(d) They want an adventure
8. What does Nancy urge her husband to do?
(a) Talk to Sarah
(b) Talk to Leslie
(c) Talk to her
(d) Walk away from the beach
9. How does Charlie feel about having to explain so much to the lizards?
10. What prize did Edward Albee win for the play, Seascape?
(a) The PEN Award
(b) The Newberry
(c) The Pulitzer
(d) The Man Book Prize
11. What do Leslie and Sarah decide they will do?
(a) Leslie and Sarah need to think it over
(b) Leslie and Sarah walk away
(c) Leslie and Sarah decide to leave
(d) Leslie and Sarah decide to stay
12. How does Charlie feel after he understands that the lizards do not understand him and his discussion on change?
13. What does Charlie think will guarantee a scream out of him?
(a) One foot forward from the creatures
(b) One loud sound from the creatures
(c) One poke from the creatures
(d) One sound from Nancy
14. Charlie's reaction to the lizards can be best described as true to this quality of his personalty.
15. What does Nancy crave as her life's potential?
(d) Business sense
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the seagulls overhead represent?
2. Who does Charlie say is inside planes and underwater in machines?
3. What do Leslie and Sarah determine after their first contact with the humans?
4. What does Charlie try to explain as the lizards are frightened by the overhead noise?
5. Why does Nancy tell they lizards that they should stay?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)