|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charlie react to Nancy telling the lizards about Charlie's hearts desire?
(a) He is infuriated and embarrased
(b) He is joyful and anticipatory
(c) He is sad and depressed
(d) He is happy and open
2. What does Charlie bring up as the lizards explain about their feelings for leaving the sea?
(a) The biography of Charles Darwin
(b) The theory of evolution
(c) Einstein's theory of relativity
(d) The theory of progress
3. Which combination of lizards and humans are comfortable with each other right away?
(a) Sarah and Charlie
(b) Charlie and Sarah
(c) Nancy and Sarah
(d) Leslie and Nancy
4. Who does Charlie say is inside planes and underwater in machines?
5. How does Nancy feel as the lizards approach?
(c) She looks for an escape route
(d) Open to the experience
6. What does Nancy explain to Sarah as she looks up to the sky?
(a) The concept of flight
(b) The concept of a cloud
(c) The concept of precipitation
(d) The concept of the moon
7. Who calms the men down?
(b) The men concede on their own
(c) The two women together
8. What does the author want the audience to play the least attention to?
(a) Issues of lesser consequence
(b) Issues of business and law
(c) Issues of domesticity and child-rearing
(d) Issues of friendship
9. What is the name of the male lizard?
10. What does Nancy want so desperately that she will entertain a friendship from another species?
11. Why does Nancy tell they lizards that they should stay?
(a) Because they would like land better
(b) Because they will just return at some point
(c) Because she needs them for company
(d) Because she likes them
12. In addition to progress, evolution, and the Women's Movement, what does Albee also touch on in Seascape?
(a) Domestic violence
(b) Global warming
(c) Environmental issues
(d) The drop out rate
13. Who does Nancy speak to first?
14. What does Charlie think will guarantee a scream out of him?
(a) One sound from Nancy
(b) One loud sound from the creatures
(c) One poke from the creatures
(d) One foot forward from the creatures
15. How does Nancy feel about her husband's insensitivity when he asks Sarah personal questions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Nancy and Charlie trying to attempt by using physical communication?
2. What happens to the two men as a result of Leslie not conceding to Sarah's desires?
3. Where does Sarah want to go after Charlie has upset her?
4. What does the author touch on that is a critical event of the 1970's?
5. What is the primary theme of Act 2?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)