|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charlie feel as the lizards approach?
(a) He is in a state of awe
(b) He is in a state of delight
(c) He is in a state of panic
(d) He is in a catatonic state
2. What do Leslie and Sarah decide they will do?
(a) Leslie and Sarah need to think it over
(b) Leslie and Sarah decide to leave
(c) Leslie and Sarah walk away
(d) Leslie and Sarah decide to stay
3. What does Sarah begin to do now that she is angry?
(a) Sarah runs to Leslie for support
(b) Sarah runs away
(c) Sarah cries
(d) Sarah throws a punch
4. What are the lizards unable to grasp?
(a) The concept of emotions
(b) The concept of divorce
(c) The concept of marriage
(d) The concept of pregnancy
5. What does Charlie bring up as the lizards explain about their feelings for leaving the sea?
(a) The theory of evolution
(b) Einstein's theory of relativity
(c) The theory of progress
(d) The biography of Charles Darwin
6. How do Charlie and Nancy react to the actions of the lizards as they first approach them in a submissive position?
(a) Charlie and Nancy scream for their life
(b) They don't move
(c) They get up and run
(d) They begin to cry
7. How does Charlie feel about answering the lizards question about change?
8. How is Leslie and Sarah's coupling different from Charlie and Nancy?
(a) It was aggressive
(b) It was arranged
(c) It was spontaneous
(d) It was instinctive
9. How many eggs does Sarah reveal she and Leslie have produced?
10. What has Sarah never seen before?
11. How do each couple engage in communication as a result of their failed first attempt?
(a) They try to translate
(b) Physical communication
(c) They use a computer
(d) Written communication
12. What do the lizards find so intriguing about human reproduction?
(a) The ability to have twins
(b) The amount of humans produced at one time
(c) The size of the human born
(d) The size of the mother pregnant
13. What does Leslie ask is the purpose of, when referring to Charlie?
(a) His fingers
(b) His hair
(c) His clothes
(d) His shoes
14. What does the topic of mammaries lead to a discussion of?
(a) Eggs and sperm
(b) Sex and love
(c) Procreation and child rearing
15. How does Charlie feel after he understands that the lizards do not understand him and his discussion on change?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sarah want to go after Charlie has upset her?
2. According to Nancy and Charlie, when do humans stop child rearing?
3. What does Nancy explain to Sarah as she looks up to the sky?
4. How does Charlie feel about having to explain so much to the lizards?
5. What does Nancy do to continue to communicate with the lizards?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)