|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Leslie and Sarah decide they will do?
(a) Leslie and Sarah decide to stay
(b) Leslie and Sarah need to think it over
(c) Leslie and Sarah decide to leave
(d) Leslie and Sarah walk away
2. What are Leslie and Sarah in the process of without even knowing it?
(a) The process of evolution
(b) The process of progress
(c) The process of reproduction
(d) The process of decline
3. After the discussion of love, what does the topic turn to?
4. What does Nancy urge her husband to do?
(a) Talk to Sarah
(b) Talk to Leslie
(c) Talk to her
(d) Walk away from the beach
5. What do Charlie and Nancy mostly do to each other throughout the entire Act 2?
(a) Love each other
(b) Frustrate each other
(c) Annoy each other
(d) Belittle each other
6. Which combination of lizards and humans are uncertain of each other right away?
(a) Nancy and Sarah
(b) Leslie and Nancy
(c) Charlie and Leslie
(d) Charlie and Sarah
7. What begins to happen as the lizards and the humans interact and try to understand each other better?
(a) They grow weary
(b) They laugh
(c) They grow belligerent
(d) They grow happy
8. What does Charlie try to explain to Leslie is the difference between their search for a mate?
(a) Lizards are more simple
(b) Humans look for love
(c) Lizards look for love
(d) Humans are immature
9. How do each couple engage in communication as a result of their failed first attempt?
(a) They use a computer
(b) Physical communication
(c) Written communication
(d) They try to translate
10. How do the lizards feel about their unrest?
(a) They are happy and joyful
(b) They know something has changed
(c) They are eager to start over
(d) They know they don't like the sea
11. What does Sarah begin to do now that she is angry?
(a) Sarah runs away
(b) Sarah cries
(c) Sarah runs to Leslie for support
(d) Sarah throws a punch
12. What does the play Seascape bring together in a literary masterpiece?
(a) Reality and science
(b) Fantasy and reality
(c) Reality and reproduction
(d) Fantasy and science
13. What is the primary reason the lizards feel they have to leave the sea?
(a) They don't like it
(b) They don't belong
(c) They want an adventure
(d) They don't get along with the other lizards
14. What do the lizards find so intriguing about human reproduction?
(a) The size of the mother pregnant
(b) The size of the human born
(c) The ability to have twins
(d) The amount of humans produced at one time
15. How does Charlie react to Nancy telling the lizards about Charlie's hearts desire?
(a) He is happy and open
(b) He is joyful and anticipatory
(c) He is infuriated and embarrased
(d) He is sad and depressed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leslie do to Charlie in an effort to elicit a response from him?
2. Why did Leslie choose Sarah as a partner?
3. How do the stilted efforts to communicate between the lizards and the humans make Charlie feel?
4. What question does Charlie bring up to avert any further questions from Nancy?
5. What does Nancy crave as her life's potential?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)