|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nancy not understand about Charlie's retirement plan?
(a) He's content to rest
(b) He's anxious to be a grandfather
(c) He's anxious to travel
(d) He's content to only learn to sail
2. How did women feel about the use of their newly allowed free time in the 1970's?
3. When did Nancy suspect Charlie of having an affair?
(a) After 20 years of marriage
(b) After 10 years of marriage
(d) After their 1st year of marriage
4. How does the author view the events of the 1970s?
5. What stage in life are Charlie and Nancy entering?
6. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
7. How does Charlie feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
(a) Charlie thinks the sound is delightful
(b) Charlie is overwhelmed
(c) Charlie thinks there will be a crash
(d) Charlie lets Nancy make the decision
8. What did Charlie used to hold to let himself sink to the bottom of the lake?
(a) Two heavy bricks
(b) Two sea turtles
(c) Two heavy rocks
(d) Two bags of sand
9. What does the sound of the jet make the lizards do?
(a) The sound angers them and they attack
(b) The sound makes them scream
(c) The sound sends them back behind the rocks
(d) The sound makes them bury their heads in the sand
10. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
(d) Clear headed
11. What object does the creature peek out behind?
(a) A mound of seaweed
(b) A cliff
(c) A rock
(d) A surfboard
12. What does Charlie ask his wife to find in order to defend themselves against the creatures?
(b) A stick
(c) A rock
(d) A dead fish
13. What does Charlie pass off Nancy's idea of his dream as?
(a) Childhood humor
(b) Too hard
(c) Childhood fancy
(d) Too lofty of a goal
14. What is the best way to describe the gesture that Nancy and Charlie are exhibiting for the creatures?
15. What is Nancy's ideal life?
(a) To work a farm
(b) To travel from beach to beach
(c) To teach
(d) To raise more children
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the combination of opportunity and confusion in the 1970s can best be described as?
2. Who is the author of Seascape?
3. What does Nancy encourage her husband to do as he lies on his back?
4. What kind of man has Charlie become?
5. As the play opens, what have Charlie and Nancy finished enjoying?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)