Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of Act 1?
(a) The challenge of the sexes
(b) The challenge of communication
(c) The challenge of retirement
(d) The challenge of evolution
2. What are Charlie and Nancy facing as they enter their new stage in life?
(a) Financial ruin
(b) Health problems
(c) Empty nest syndrome
(d) Childless depression
3. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
4. How does Nancy feel about Charlie's blase attitude?
5. What is the best way to describe the gesture that Nancy and Charlie are exhibiting for the creatures?
6. Where does Charlie want to retire?
(a) In Florida
(b) In a retirement home
(c) On a boat
(d) On a stretch of beach somewhere
7. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
8. What object does the creature peek out behind?
(a) A cliff
(b) A surfboard
(c) A mound of seaweed
(d) A rock
9. How does Charlie feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
(a) Charlie is overwhelmed
(b) Charlie thinks the sound is delightful
(c) Charlie lets Nancy make the decision
(d) Charlie thinks there will be a crash
10. What does Nancy encourage her husband to do as he lies on his back?
(d) Be expressionless
11. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
(a) A lake
(b) The sea
(c) A lagoon
(d) A swimming pool
12. What subject does Nancy bring up at the desperate attempt to get a reaction out of her husband?
(a) Their future live as divorcees
(b) Their sex life
(c) Their children's college fund
(d) Their finances
13. What do Nancy and Charlie declare at the end of Act 1?
(a) War on each other
(b) Their hatred for each other
(c) War on the lizards
(d) Their love for each other
14. How can the state of Charlie and Nancy's marriage be best described?
15. How does Charlie feel about Nancy's attempt to infuse enthusiasm into their relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Charlie testing when he let himself sink down to the bottom of the lake?
2. When does Nancy show fear?
3. What does Nancy want to plan with Charlie?
4. What sound interrupts Charlie and Nancy's conversation?
5. What word best describes Charlie and Nancy's ability to bridge the communication gap?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)