|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Nancy and Charlie declare at the end of Act 1?
(a) Their love for each other
(b) Their hatred for each other
(c) War on the lizards
(d) War on each other
2. How many times during Act 1 does Nancy bring up Charlie's childhood dream of living underwater?
(c) Three times
3. How does Nancy react to Charlie's blasy attitude?
(a) Rants that life is short
(b) Asks for him to change
(c) Tells him he must go back to work
(d) Is compassionate to him
4. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
5. Why do Nancy and Charlie lie on their backs?
(a) To surrender
(b) To prevent the lizards from attacking
(c) Charlie hurt himself
(d) To hide
6. How does Nancy feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
(a) Nancy is overwhelmed
(b) Nancy is in awe
(c) Nancy is scared
(d) Nancy is panicked
7. What does Nancy encourage her husband to do as he lies on his back?
(a) Be expressionless
8. How does Charlie feel about Nancy's attempt to infuse enthusiasm into their relationship?
9. How does Charlie respond to accusations of infidelity?
(a) There is no truth to the issue
(b) There is injustice within the issue
(c) There is truth to the issue
(d) There is false evidence of the issue
10. What was Charlie testing when he let himself sink down to the bottom of the lake?
(a) How fast he could swim back up to the surface
(b) How long he could stay underwater
(c) How strong he was
(d) How much self discipline he had
11. What does Charlie call the whole scene?
(b) A certain hell
(c) A fantasy
(d) A dream
12. What is the theme of Act 1?
(a) The challenge of the sexes
(b) The challenge of evolution
(c) The challenge of retirement
(d) The challenge of communication
13. What does Charlie think the creatures must be a result of?
(a) Having salt water in their eyes
(b) Drinking too much wine
(c) Having eaten rancid liver paster for lunch
(d) A punishment for a faulty marriage
14. What does Charlie pass off Nancy's idea of his dream as?
(a) Childhood humor
(b) Too lofty of a goal
(c) Childhood fancy
(d) Too hard
15. What is the best description of the twig that Nancy chose as defense?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nancy threaten to do if Charlie is unwilling to go along with her?
2. How did women feel as a result of having time outside of the home?
3. What kind of wife does Charlie tell Nancy she is?
4. What word best describes the character of Nancy?
5. How does Charlie feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)