|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie's ideal life?
(a) To travel the globe
(b) To become a writer
(c) To live on a ranch
(d) To stay close to home
2. What does Nancy suggest her and Charlie do as the lizards approach?
(a) Jump in the water
(c) Call for help
(d) Lie on the ground
3. What did Charlie used to hold to let himself sink to the bottom of the lake?
(a) Two sea turtles
(b) Two heavy rocks
(c) Two bags of sand
(d) Two heavy bricks
4. How did women feel as a result of having time outside of the home?
5. How does Nancy feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
(a) Nancy is in awe
(b) Nancy is scared
(c) Nancy is panicked
(d) Nancy is overwhelmed
6. What happens when the lizards move forward towards Charlie and Nancy?
(a) A rock tumbles into the ocean
(b) A tidal wave begins to build
(c) Another jet flies overhead
(d) A dolphin leaps from the water
7. How does Nancy's choice in twigs make her husband feel?
(a) He is proud
(b) He is enraged
(c) He is thrilled
(d) He is indifferent
8. What does Charlie call the whole scene?
(a) A fantasy
(c) A certain hell
(d) A dream
9. What is created in Charlie and Nancy's marriage as a result of miscommunication?
10. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
11. What can the combination of opportunity and confusion in the 1970s can best be described as?
(a) An invention by men
(b) A lie
(c) A double edged sword
12. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
(a) A lagoon
(b) The sea
(c) A swimming pool
(d) A lake
13. What kind of woman has Nancy become?
14. What stage in life are Charlie and Nancy entering?
15. What object does the creature peek out behind?
(a) A rock
(b) A cliff
(c) A surfboard
(d) A mound of seaweed
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Charlie's indifference to Nancy's needs can be viewed as?
2. What does Nancy not understand about Charlie's retirement plan?
3. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
4. How does Nancy react to Charlie's blasy attitude?
5. What events does the author use the character of Nancy to shed light on?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)