|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie's ideal life?
(a) To live on a ranch
(b) To stay close to home
(c) To become a writer
(d) To travel the globe
2. What is the best way to describe the gesture that Nancy and Charlie are exhibiting for the creatures?
3. What was Charlie testing when he let himself sink down to the bottom of the lake?
(a) How much self discipline he had
(b) How strong he was
(c) How fast he could swim back up to the surface
(d) How long he could stay underwater
4. Who is the author of Seascape?
(a) Aurthur Miller
(b) Tenessee Williams
(c) Edward Albee
(d) Beth Henley
5. What kind of man has Charlie become?
(a) An academic
(b) A self-made genius
(c) A role-player
(d) An expert
6. What subject does Nancy bring up at the desperate attempt to get a reaction out of her husband?
(a) Their children's college fund
(b) Their future live as divorcees
(c) Their sex life
(d) Their finances
7. What did the changes of the 1970s provide women with?
8. As the couple argues, what creature appears?
(a) A giant squid
(b) A dolphin
(c) A sandpiper
(d) A lizard
9. Why did Nancy suspect Charlie of infidelity?
(a) His intolerance
(b) His indifference and tension
(c) His alcohol and drug abuse
(d) His anger and rage
10. What does Nancy not understand about Charlie's retirement plan?
(a) He's content to only learn to sail
(b) He's anxious to travel
(c) He's content to rest
(d) He's anxious to be a grandfather
11. What does Nancy feel that both Charlie and Nancy have lost?
(a) A zest for life
(b) Respect for each other
(c) A sense of purpose
(d) Mutual attraction for each other
12. During the 1970s, what did women have more of and permission to use it?
13. How does Nancy feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
(a) Nancy is in awe
(b) Nancy is overwhelmed
(c) Nancy is scared
(d) Nancy is panicked
14. What attribute of Charlie is affected by lying on his back in submission?
(a) His humor
(b) His dignity
(c) His sanity
(d) His anger
15. What is the main historical event the author has illustrated in the play?
(a) Women's Suffrage
(b) The Equal Rights Ammendment
(d) The Women's Liberation Movement
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie respond to accusations of infidelity?
2. What is Charlie in the mood for after lunch?
3. Why do Nancy and Charlie lie on their backs?
4. When did Nancy suspect Charlie of having an affair?
5. Where does the setting open in Act 1?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)