|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nancy's ideal life?
(a) To teach
(b) To raise more children
(c) To work a farm
(d) To travel from beach to beach
2. What stage in life are Charlie and Nancy entering?
3. What concept do the lizards parallel?
(b) The industrial revolution
(c) The evolution of man
4. Which character finds a descent size stick?
(b) The Male Lizard
(d) The Female Lizard
5. What can Charlie's indifference to Nancy's needs can be viewed as?
6. When does Nancy show fear?
(a) When the female lizard makes a frightening noise
(b) When she herself makes a frightening noise
(c) When her husband makes a frightening noise
(d) When the male lizard makes a frightening noise
7. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
(a) Clear headed
8. What does Nancy suggest her and Charlie do as the lizards approach?
(a) Lie on the ground
(b) Jump in the water
(d) Call for help
9. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
10. Where does the setting open in Act 1?
(a) The desert
(b) A swimming pool
(c) The beach
(d) East Hamptons
11. When did Nancy suspect Charlie of having an affair?
(a) After 10 years of marriage
(b) After their 1st year of marriage
(c) After 20 years of marriage
12. What does Charlie hope the gesture will save them from?
(b) Cruel fate
(c) Being buried alive
(d) Being eaten alive
13. How does Nancy feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
(a) Nancy is panicked
(b) Nancy is scared
(c) Nancy is overwhelmed
(d) Nancy is in awe
14. What does Charlie think the creatures must be a result of?
(a) Having eaten rancid liver paster for lunch
(b) Drinking too much wine
(c) A punishment for a faulty marriage
(d) Having salt water in their eyes
15. How does Nancy react to Charlie's blasy attitude?
(a) Asks for him to change
(b) Is compassionate to him
(c) Rants that life is short
(d) Tells him he must go back to work
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does the author favor in shedding light on historical events of the 1970s?
2. What does Nancy want to plan with Charlie?
3. Why did Nancy suspect Charlie of infidelity?
4. How does Nancy feel about Charlie's blase attitude?
5. What do Nancy and Charlie declare at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)