|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the play opens, what have Charlie and Nancy finished enjoying?
(a) Feeding the seagulls
(b) A long run
(c) A picnic lunch
(d) A walk on the shore line
2. What did Charlie used to hold to let himself sink to the bottom of the lake?
(a) Two bags of sand
(b) Two heavy rocks
(c) Two heavy bricks
(d) Two sea turtles
3. What question does Nancy bring up regarding their sex life?
(a) Whether Charlie has had an affair
(b) Whether Charlie is a good lover
(c) Whether Charlie is interested in sex
(d) Whether Charlie is still in love with her
4. Which character does the author favor in shedding light on historical events of the 1970s?
(c) The Male Lizard
(d) The Female Lizard
5. What do the jets overhead help to identify?
(a) The insanity of Charlie
(b) The advancement of technology
(c) The time period
(d) The geographic location
6. How does Nancy feel when the lizards reappear?
7. What types of creatures does the beach location allude that humans evolved from?
(a) Sand creatures
(d) Sea creatures
8. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
(a) The sea
(b) A swimming pool
(c) A lake
(d) A lagoon
9. What does Charlie call the whole scene?
(b) A dream
(c) A fantasy
(d) A certain hell
10. What human element do the jets overhead exemplify?
11. Why did Nancy suspect Charlie of infidelity?
(a) His indifference and tension
(b) His anger and rage
(c) His intolerance
(d) His alcohol and drug abuse
12. Which character finds a descent size stick?
(a) The Female Lizard
(b) The Male Lizard
13. What does Charlie ask his wife to find in order to defend themselves against the creatures?
(b) A rock
(c) A stick
(d) A dead fish
14. Is Charlie's intention to be hurtful towards his wife?
(a) It is unclear
(b) In some cases
15. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
(a) An argument
(b) A long walk on the beach
(c) A dip in the water
(d) A sexual escapade
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nancy and Charlie hope their act will communicate to the lizards as they approach?
2. Where does the setting open in Act 1?
3. What does Nancy suggest her and Charlie do as the lizards approach?
4. How does Nancy react to Charlie's blasy attitude?
5. What scientific theory is addressed in Act 1?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)