|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the character of Nancy?
2. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
(a) The sea
(b) A swimming pool
(c) A lagoon
(d) A lake
3. What does Charlie call the whole scene?
(b) A dream
(c) A certain hell
(d) A fantasy
4. What is the main historical event the author has illustrated in the play?
(a) The Equal Rights Ammendment
(c) The Women's Liberation Movement
(d) Women's Suffrage
5. What does Charlie hope to infuse his marriage with?
6. What does Nancy threaten to do if Charlie is unwilling to go along with her?
(a) Nancy will find another man
(b) Nancy will sell the house
(c) Nancy will divorce him
(d) Nancy will go on her own
7. What human element do the jets overhead exemplify?
8. What did the changes of the 1970s provide women with?
9. What does Nancy suggest her and Charlie do as the lizards approach?
(b) Call for help
(c) Lie on the ground
(d) Jump in the water
10. What does Charlie ask his wife to find in order to defend themselves against the creatures?
(a) A rock
(b) A dead fish
(c) A stick
11. How does Nancy feel about Charlie's blase attitude?
12. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
(a) Clear headed
13. How does Charlie feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
(a) Charlie lets Nancy make the decision
(b) Charlie is overwhelmed
(c) Charlie thinks the sound is delightful
(d) Charlie thinks there will be a crash
14. What kind of wife does Charlie tell Nancy she is?
(a) A cunning wife
(b) A happy wife
(c) A good wife
(d) A resentful wife
15. What question does Nancy bring up regarding their sex life?
(a) Whether Charlie is a good lover
(b) Whether Charlie is interested in sex
(c) Whether Charlie has had an affair
(d) Whether Charlie is still in love with her
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Charlie's intention to be hurtful towards his wife?
2. Where does the setting open in Act 1?
3. What can the combination of opportunity and confusion in the 1970s can best be described as?
4. What does Nancy want to plan with Charlie?
5. What do Nancy and Charlie declare at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)