|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the combination of opportunity and confusion in the 1970s can best be described as?
(a) A lie
(b) A double edged sword
(c) An invention by men
2. What concept do the lizards parallel?
(a) The evolution of man
(c) The industrial revolution
3. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
(a) A sexual escapade
(b) A dip in the water
(c) An argument
(d) A long walk on the beach
4. What did Charlie used to hold to let himself sink to the bottom of the lake?
(a) Two heavy rocks
(b) Two sea turtles
(c) Two bags of sand
(d) Two heavy bricks
5. What is Charlie in the mood for after lunch?
(b) A nap
(c) A light swim
(d) A long walk
6. How does the author view the events of the 1970s?
7. What kind of man has Charlie become?
(a) A self-made genius
(b) An academic
(c) An expert
(d) A role-player
8. What was Charlie's childhood dream?
(a) To be an actor
(b) To swim with dolphins
(c) To run a company
(d) To live underwater
9. What is Charlie's ideal life?
(a) To live on a ranch
(b) To travel the globe
(c) To become a writer
(d) To stay close to home
10. What do Nancy and Charlie declare at the end of Act 1?
(a) War on the lizards
(b) War on each other
(c) Their hatred for each other
(d) Their love for each other
11. What are Charlie and Nancy facing as they enter their new stage in life?
(a) Childless depression
(b) Empty nest syndrome
(c) Health problems
(d) Financial ruin
12. How does Nancy feel about Charlie's blase attitude?
13. Is the tension created in her marriage enough to silence Nancy?
(c) It is unclear
(d) In some cases
14. Which character finds a descent size stick?
(b) The Female Lizard
(d) The Male Lizard
15. How does Nancy's choice in twigs make her husband feel?
(a) He is indifferent
(b) He is thrilled
(c) He is proud
(d) He is enraged
Short Answer Questions
1. What human element do the jets overhead exemplify?
2. What does Charlie call the whole scene?
3. What does Nancy hope to infuse her marriage with?
4. What does the sound of the jet make the lizards do?
5. What does Nancy not understand about Charlie's retirement plan?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)