|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nancy not understand about Charlie's retirement plan?
(a) He's content to rest
(b) He's anxious to travel
(c) He's anxious to be a grandfather
(d) He's content to only learn to sail
2. What scientific theory is addressed in Act 1?
(a) Humans evolved in the jungle
(b) Humans evolved from desert creatures
(c) Humans have limited evolution capabilities
(d) Humans evolved from sea creatures
3. What does Nancy suggest her and Charlie do as the lizards approach?
(a) Lie on the ground
(c) Call for help
(d) Jump in the water
4. What word best describes Charlie and Nancy's ability to bridge the communication gap?
5. What word best describes the character of Nancy?
6. What stage in life are Charlie and Nancy entering?
7. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
8. How does the author view the events of the 1970s?
9. As the couple argues, what creature appears?
(a) A dolphin
(b) A sandpiper
(c) A giant squid
(d) A lizard
10. What do Nancy and Charlie declare at the end of Act 1?
(a) War on the lizards
(b) Their hatred for each other
(c) Their love for each other
(d) War on each other
11. How does Nancy feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
(a) Nancy is in awe
(b) Nancy is scared
(c) Nancy is panicked
(d) Nancy is overwhelmed
12. What happens when the lizards move forward towards Charlie and Nancy?
(a) A dolphin leaps from the water
(b) Another jet flies overhead
(c) A rock tumbles into the ocean
(d) A tidal wave begins to build
13. What does Charlie pass off Nancy's idea of his dream as?
(a) Too lofty of a goal
(b) Childhood fancy
(c) Too hard
(d) Childhood humor
14. What attribute of Charlie is affected by lying on his back in submission?
(a) His sanity
(b) His dignity
(c) His anger
(d) His humor
15. What is the main historical event the author has illustrated in the play?
(a) The Equal Rights Ammendment
(b) The Women's Liberation Movement
(c) Women's Suffrage
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of creatures does the beach location allude that humans evolved from?
2. What was the woman's main role before the 1970s?
3. Why did Nancy suspect Charlie of infidelity?
4. How does Charlie feel about Nancy's attempt to infuse enthusiasm into their relationship?
5. What is created in Charlie and Nancy's marriage as a result of miscommunication?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)