|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nancy want from her marriage?
(a) Sex and adventure
(b) Intimacy and connection
(c) Money and a home
(d) Care and balance
2. What concept do the lizards parallel?
(a) The industrial revolution
(b) The evolution of man
3. What did Charlie used to hold to let himself sink to the bottom of the lake?
(a) Two heavy bricks
(b) Two heavy rocks
(c) Two bags of sand
(d) Two sea turtles
4. What was Charlie testing when he let himself sink down to the bottom of the lake?
(a) How strong he was
(b) How long he could stay underwater
(c) How much self discipline he had
(d) How fast he could swim back up to the surface
5. What does Charlie think the creatures must be a result of?
(a) Having eaten rancid liver paster for lunch
(b) Drinking too much wine
(c) A punishment for a faulty marriage
(d) Having salt water in their eyes
6. What human element do the jets overhead exemplify?
7. What is Charlie's ideal life?
(a) To live on a ranch
(b) To stay close to home
(c) To travel the globe
(d) To become a writer
8. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
9. How does Charlie respond to accusations of infidelity?
(a) There is false evidence of the issue
(b) There is no truth to the issue
(c) There is injustice within the issue
(d) There is truth to the issue
10. What is the main historical event the author has illustrated in the play?
(a) The Women's Liberation Movement
(b) Women's Suffrage
(c) The Equal Rights Ammendment
11. What subject does Nancy bring up at the desperate attempt to get a reaction out of her husband?
(a) Their finances
(b) Their children's college fund
(c) Their future live as divorcees
(d) Their sex life
12. How did women feel about the use of their newly allowed free time in the 1970's?
13. Why do Nancy and Charlie lie on their backs?
(a) Charlie hurt himself
(b) To surrender
(c) To prevent the lizards from attacking
(d) To hide
14. Where does Charlie want to retire?
(a) On a stretch of beach somewhere
(b) In a retirement home
(c) In Florida
(d) On a boat
15. How does Nancy feel when she sees the creatures?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Charlie and Nancy's ability to bridge the communication gap?
2. When does Nancy show fear?
3. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
4. What was the woman's main role before the 1970s?
5. How does Nancy react to Charlie's blasy attitude?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)