|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Nancy bring up regarding their sex life?
(a) Whether Charlie is still in love with her
(b) Whether Charlie is a good lover
(c) Whether Charlie has had an affair
(d) Whether Charlie is interested in sex
2. Why did Nancy suspect Charlie of infidelity?
(a) His indifference and tension
(b) His alcohol and drug abuse
(c) His intolerance
(d) His anger and rage
3. What did the changes of the 1970s provide women with?
4. What is the theme of Act 1?
(a) The challenge of the sexes
(b) The challenge of evolution
(c) The challenge of retirement
(d) The challenge of communication
5. What word best describes Charlie and Nancy's ability to bridge the communication gap?
6. What does Charlie's actions do to his relationship with Nancy?
(a) Alienates her
(b) Angers her
(c) Brings her closer
(d) Delights her
7. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
(a) A swimming pool
(b) A lake
(c) A lagoon
(d) The sea
8. Which character finds a descent size stick?
(a) The Male Lizard
(d) The Female Lizard
9. Is the tension created in her marriage enough to silence Nancy?
(b) In some cases
(d) It is unclear
10. What types of creatures does the beach location allude that humans evolved from?
(a) Sea creatures
(b) Sand creatures
11. How does Charlie respond to accusations of infidelity?
(a) There is truth to the issue
(b) There is false evidence of the issue
(c) There is injustice within the issue
(d) There is no truth to the issue
12. What does Charlie ask his wife to find in order to defend themselves against the creatures?
(b) A stick
(c) A dead fish
(d) A rock
13. What kind of man has Charlie become?
(a) A self-made genius
(b) A role-player
(c) An academic
(d) An expert
14. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
(a) An argument
(b) A sexual escapade
(c) A long walk on the beach
(d) A dip in the water
15. What kind of woman has Nancy become?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nancy feel when the lizards reappear?
2. What is Charlie in the mood for after lunch?
3. What subject does Nancy bring up at the desperate attempt to get a reaction out of her husband?
4. How many times during Act 1 does Nancy bring up Charlie's childhood dream of living underwater?
5. What does Nancy threaten to do if Charlie is unwilling to go along with her?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)