|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie ask his wife to find in order to defend themselves against the creatures?
(b) A stick
(c) A dead fish
(d) A rock
2. What does Charlie's actions do to his relationship with Nancy?
(a) Alienates her
(b) Angers her
(c) Delights her
(d) Brings her closer
3. What can Charlie's indifference to Nancy's needs can be viewed as?
4. What stage in life are Charlie and Nancy entering?
5. What concept do the lizards parallel?
(a) The industrial revolution
(b) The evolution of man
6. As the couple argues, what creature appears?
(a) A dolphin
(b) A lizard
(c) A sandpiper
(d) A giant squid
7. What does Nancy and Charlie hope their act will communicate to the lizards as they approach?
8. What does Nancy not understand about Charlie's retirement plan?
(a) He's anxious to travel
(b) He's content to only learn to sail
(c) He's anxious to be a grandfather
(d) He's content to rest
9. What scientific theory is addressed in Act 1?
(a) Humans have limited evolution capabilities
(b) Humans evolved from sea creatures
(c) Humans evolved from desert creatures
(d) Humans evolved in the jungle
10. What does Nancy feel that both Charlie and Nancy have lost?
(a) Mutual attraction for each other
(b) A sense of purpose
(c) Respect for each other
(d) A zest for life
11. Who is the author of Seascape?
(a) Tenessee Williams
(b) Aurthur Miller
(c) Beth Henley
(d) Edward Albee
12. Where does the setting open in Act 1?
(a) A swimming pool
(b) East Hamptons
(c) The beach
(d) The desert
13. How does Nancy feel about Charlie's blase attitude?
14. How can the state of Charlie and Nancy's marriage be best described?
15. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Charlie and Nancy have?
2. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
3. What does the sound of the jet make the lizards do?
4. What do the jets overhead help to identify?
5. What sound interrupts Charlie and Nancy's conversation?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)