|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nancy react to Charlie's blasy attitude?
(a) Asks for him to change
(b) Tells him he must go back to work
(c) Is compassionate to him
(d) Rants that life is short
2. As the couple argues, what creature appears?
(a) A giant squid
(b) A lizard
(c) A dolphin
(d) A sandpiper
3. What stage in life are Charlie and Nancy entering?
4. How does Nancy feel when the lizards reappear?
5. What are Charlie and Nancy facing as they enter their new stage in life?
(a) Empty nest syndrome
(b) Financial ruin
(c) Health problems
(d) Childless depression
6. During the 1970s, what did women have more of and permission to use it?
7. What kind of wife does Charlie tell Nancy she is?
(a) A happy wife
(b) A resentful wife
(c) A good wife
(d) A cunning wife
8. How many times during Act 1 does Nancy bring up Charlie's childhood dream of living underwater?
(b) Three times
9. What does Charlie's actions do to his relationship with Nancy?
(a) Delights her
(b) Brings her closer
(c) Angers her
(d) Alienates her
10. What question does Nancy bring up regarding their sex life?
(a) Whether Charlie is still in love with her
(b) Whether Charlie is a good lover
(c) Whether Charlie is interested in sex
(d) Whether Charlie has had an affair
11. What object does the creature peek out behind?
(a) A surfboard
(b) A rock
(c) A mound of seaweed
(d) A cliff
12. How does Nancy describe her husband at the end of Act 1 while in submission to the lizards?
13. When does Nancy show fear?
(a) When her husband makes a frightening noise
(b) When she herself makes a frightening noise
(c) When the female lizard makes a frightening noise
(d) When the male lizard makes a frightening noise
14. What is Charlie in the mood for after lunch?
(a) A long walk
(c) A light swim
(d) A nap
15. What did the changes of the 1970s provide women with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman has Nancy become?
2. What does Charlie hope the gesture will save them from?
3. What does Charlie ask his wife to find in order to defend themselves against the creatures?
4. What does Nancy suggest her and Charlie do as the lizards approach?
5. What events does the author use the character of Nancy to shed light on?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)