|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scientific theory is addressed in Act 1?
(a) Humans evolved from sea creatures
(b) Humans evolved in the jungle
(c) Humans evolved from desert creatures
(d) Humans have limited evolution capabilities
2. When does Nancy show fear?
(a) When her husband makes a frightening noise
(b) When the female lizard makes a frightening noise
(c) When she herself makes a frightening noise
(d) When the male lizard makes a frightening noise
3. How does Charlie respond to accusations of infidelity?
(a) There is false evidence of the issue
(b) There is no truth to the issue
(c) There is injustice within the issue
(d) There is truth to the issue
4. Which character does the author favor in shedding light on historical events of the 1970s?
(b) The Female Lizard
(d) The Male Lizard
5. What happens when the lizards move forward towards Charlie and Nancy?
(a) A dolphin leaps from the water
(b) A tidal wave begins to build
(c) Another jet flies overhead
(d) A rock tumbles into the ocean
6. Why did Nancy suspect Charlie of infidelity?
(a) His alcohol and drug abuse
(b) His indifference and tension
(c) His anger and rage
(d) His intolerance
7. What attribute of Charlie is affected by lying on his back in submission?
(a) His anger
(b) His humor
(c) His sanity
(d) His dignity
8. What concept do the lizards parallel?
(c) The evolution of man
(d) The industrial revolution
9. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
(a) A long walk on the beach
(b) A sexual escapade
(c) A dip in the water
(d) An argument
10. What can the combination of opportunity and confusion in the 1970s can best be described as?
(a) A lie
(b) A double edged sword
(d) An invention by men
11. What stage in life are Charlie and Nancy entering?
12. How does Nancy feel when she sees the creatures?
13. What is Charlie's ideal life?
(a) To travel the globe
(b) To live on a ranch
(c) To stay close to home
(d) To become a writer
14. What is the best way to describe the gesture that Nancy and Charlie are exhibiting for the creatures?
15. What was Charlie's childhood dream?
(a) To run a company
(b) To swim with dolphins
(c) To be an actor
(d) To live underwater
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does the creature peek out behind?
2. How can the state of Charlie and Nancy's marriage be best described?
3. During the 1970s, what did women have more of and permission to use it?
4. What word best describes Charlie and Nancy's ability to bridge the communication gap?
5. What are Charlie and Nancy facing as they enter their new stage in life?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)