|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Nancy bring up regarding their sex life?
(a) Whether Charlie is a good lover
(b) Whether Charlie is still in love with her
(c) Whether Charlie has had an affair
(d) Whether Charlie is interested in sex
2. What kind of wife does Charlie tell Nancy she is?
(a) A resentful wife
(b) A happy wife
(c) A cunning wife
(d) A good wife
3. How did women feel as a result of having time outside of the home?
4. What does the sound of the jet make the lizards do?
(a) The sound angers them and they attack
(b) The sound makes them bury their heads in the sand
(c) The sound makes them scream
(d) The sound sends them back behind the rocks
5. What types of creatures does the beach location allude that humans evolved from?
(a) Sea creatures
(b) Sand creatures
6. What is the best way to describe the gesture that Nancy and Charlie are exhibiting for the creatures?
7. What does Charlie pass off Nancy's idea of his dream as?
(a) Childhood humor
(b) Childhood fancy
(c) Too lofty of a goal
(d) Too hard
8. What was the woman's main role before the 1970s?
(b) Be a wife
(c) Serve in the home
9. What can Charlie's indifference to Nancy's needs can be viewed as?
10. What does Nancy and Charlie hope their act will communicate to the lizards as they approach?
11. What did the changes of the 1970s provide women with?
12. Why do Nancy and Charlie lie on their backs?
(a) Charlie hurt himself
(b) To surrender
(c) To prevent the lizards from attacking
(d) To hide
13. What word best describes Charlie and Nancy's ability to bridge the communication gap?
14. What kind of relationship do Charlie and Nancy have?
(a) They are dating
(b) They are brother and sister
(c) They are married
(d) They are friends
15. What was Charlie's childhood dream?
(a) To be an actor
(b) To live underwater
(c) To run a company
(d) To swim with dolphins
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the combination of opportunity and confusion in the 1970s can best be described as?
2. Is the tension created in her marriage enough to silence Nancy?
3. What sound interrupts Charlie and Nancy's conversation?
4. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
5. Which character finds a descent size stick?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)