|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the 1970s, what did women have more of and permission to use it?
2. What is Nancy's ideal life?
(a) To travel from beach to beach
(b) To teach
(c) To work a farm
(d) To raise more children
3. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
(a) A dip in the water
(b) A sexual escapade
(c) An argument
(d) A long walk on the beach
4. What did the changes of the 1970s provide women with?
5. How does Charlie respond to accusations of infidelity?
(a) There is truth to the issue
(b) There is injustice within the issue
(c) There is false evidence of the issue
(d) There is no truth to the issue
6. What sound interrupts Charlie and Nancy's conversation?
(a) Squaking seagulls
(b) Other people talking
(c) A lifeguard rescuing a swimmer
(d) Jets overhead
7. What does Nancy feel that both Charlie and Nancy have lost?
(a) Respect for each other
(b) Mutual attraction for each other
(c) A sense of purpose
(d) A zest for life
8. How does Nancy describe her husband at the end of Act 1 while in submission to the lizards?
9. What do the jets overhead help to identify?
(a) The time period
(b) The geographic location
(c) The advancement of technology
(d) The insanity of Charlie
10. How does Nancy feel when she sees the creatures?
11. What does Nancy want from her marriage?
(a) Care and balance
(b) Intimacy and connection
(c) Money and a home
(d) Sex and adventure
12. What does Nancy and Charlie hope their act will communicate to the lizards as they approach?
13. What is the theme of Act 1?
(a) The challenge of evolution
(b) The challenge of communication
(c) The challenge of the sexes
(d) The challenge of retirement
14. Who is the author of Seascape?
(a) Tenessee Williams
(b) Edward Albee
(c) Beth Henley
(d) Aurthur Miller
15. What was the woman's main role before the 1970s?
(b) Serve in the home
(c) Be a wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie call the whole scene?
2. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
3. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
4. Where does Charlie want to retire?
5. How does Charlie feel about Nancy's attempt to infuse enthusiasm into their relationship?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)