|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Nancy show fear?
(a) When her husband makes a frightening noise
(b) When she herself makes a frightening noise
(c) When the male lizard makes a frightening noise
(d) When the female lizard makes a frightening noise
2. What is Charlie in the mood for after lunch?
(a) A nap
(b) A long walk
(c) A light swim
3. What does Nancy and Charlie hope their act will communicate to the lizards as they approach?
4. What kind of relationship do Charlie and Nancy have?
(a) They are friends
(b) They are dating
(c) They are brother and sister
(d) They are married
5. Is the tension created in her marriage enough to silence Nancy?
(a) It is unclear
(c) In some cases
6. What concept do the lizards parallel?
(a) The evolution of man
(d) The industrial revolution
7. During the 1970s, what did women have more of and permission to use it?
8. What object does the creature peek out behind?
(a) A cliff
(b) A rock
(c) A surfboard
(d) A mound of seaweed
9. What does Nancy feel that both Charlie and Nancy have lost?
(a) Respect for each other
(b) Mutual attraction for each other
(c) A sense of purpose
(d) A zest for life
10. What kind of woman has Nancy become?
11. What does the sound of the jet make the lizards do?
(a) The sound sends them back behind the rocks
(b) The sound makes them bury their heads in the sand
(c) The sound angers them and they attack
(d) The sound makes them scream
12. What kind of wife does Charlie tell Nancy she is?
(a) A cunning wife
(b) A good wife
(c) A happy wife
(d) A resentful wife
13. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
(a) A sexual escapade
(b) A long walk on the beach
(c) A dip in the water
(d) An argument
14. Which character does the author favor in shedding light on historical events of the 1970s?
(c) The Male Lizard
(d) The Female Lizard
15. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author view the events of the 1970s?
2. What is Charlie's ideal life?
3. What do Nancy and Charlie declare at the end of Act 1?
4. What was Charlie testing when he let himself sink down to the bottom of the lake?
5. What does Nancy hope to infuse her marriage with?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)