|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Seascape?
(a) Tenessee Williams
(b) Edward Albee
(c) Beth Henley
(d) Aurthur Miller
2. How does Nancy feel when she sees the creatures?
3. Why did Nancy suspect Charlie of infidelity?
(a) His intolerance
(b) His alcohol and drug abuse
(c) His indifference and tension
(d) His anger and rage
4. What did the changes of the 1970s provide women with?
5. What concept do the lizards parallel?
(c) The industrial revolution
(d) The evolution of man
6. What does Nancy encourage her husband to do as he lies on his back?
(c) Be expressionless
7. What does Charlie hope the gesture will save them from?
(a) Being eaten alive
(c) Cruel fate
(d) Being buried alive
8. What word best describes Charlie and Nancy's ability to bridge the communication gap?
9. How does Nancy describe her husband at the end of Act 1 while in submission to the lizards?
10. What is Charlie in the mood for after lunch?
(b) A light swim
(c) A long walk
(d) A nap
11. What had the women in the 1970s been doing with their time prior to the social movements?
(c) Developing a career
(d) Looking for a husband
12. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
13. What word best describes the character of Nancy?
14. Which character does the author favor in shedding light on historical events of the 1970s?
(b) The Female Lizard
(c) The Male Lizard
15. What are Charlie and Nancy facing as they enter their new stage in life?
(a) Health problems
(b) Empty nest syndrome
(c) Financial ruin
(d) Childless depression
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the jets overhead help to identify?
2. Where does the setting open in Act 1?
3. Is Charlie's intention to be hurtful towards his wife?
4. What scientific theory is addressed in Act 1?
5. How does Charlie respond to accusations of infidelity?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)