|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best description of the twig that Nancy chose as defense?
2. How does Nancy feel about Charlie's blase attitude?
3. How can the state of Charlie and Nancy's marriage be best described?
4. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
5. What is created in Charlie and Nancy's marriage as a result of miscommunication?
6. When did Nancy suspect Charlie of having an affair?
(b) After 10 years of marriage
(c) After their 1st year of marriage
(d) After 20 years of marriage
7. What sound interrupts Charlie and Nancy's conversation?
(a) Jets overhead
(b) A lifeguard rescuing a swimmer
(c) Squaking seagulls
(d) Other people talking
8. How does the author view the events of the 1970s?
9. How does Nancy feel when she sees the creatures?
10. What is the theme of Act 1?
(a) The challenge of evolution
(b) The challenge of the sexes
(c) The challenge of retirement
(d) The challenge of communication
11. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
(a) A lake
(b) A lagoon
(c) A swimming pool
(d) The sea
12. What question does Nancy bring up regarding their sex life?
(a) Whether Charlie is a good lover
(b) Whether Charlie is still in love with her
(c) Whether Charlie is interested in sex
(d) Whether Charlie has had an affair
13. How does Nancy's choice in twigs make her husband feel?
(a) He is thrilled
(b) He is proud
(c) He is indifferent
(d) He is enraged
14. What does Nancy want to plan with Charlie?
(a) A flight to another beach
(b) A move to another home
(d) To adopt a child
15. Is the tension created in her marriage enough to silence Nancy?
(b) It is unclear
(c) In some cases
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie call the whole scene?
2. What kind of woman has Nancy become?
3. What does Nancy suggest her and Charlie do as the lizards approach?
4. What does Nancy want from her marriage?
5. What was Charlie testing when he let himself sink down to the bottom of the lake?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)