Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1
1. Describe the opening setting of Act 1.
2. How do Nancy and Charlie react to the sound of a jet overhead interrupting their conversation?
3. What is the difference between what Charlie is in the mood for and what Nancy is in the mood for after lunch?
4. What would Charlie like to do during retirement as opposed to Nancy?
5. Describe Nancy's attitude towards Charlie's retirement desire.
6. What will happen if Charlie is unwilling to go along with Nancy's retirement dreams?
This section contains 802 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)