Short Answer Key
1. Where does the setting open in Act 1?
2. What kind of relationship do Charlie and Nancy have?
They are married
3. As the play opens, what have Charlie and Nancy finished enjoying?
A picnic lunch
4. What sound interrupts Charlie and Nancy's conversation?
5. How does Nancy feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
Nancy is in awe
6. How does Charlie feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
Charlie thinks there will be a crash
7. What is Charlie in the mood for after lunch?
8. What is Nancy in the mood for after lunch?
To talk about her love of water
9. What is Nancy's ideal life?
To travel from beach to beach
10. What is Charlie's ideal life?
To stay close to home
11. How does Nancy feel about Charlie's blase attitude?
This section contains 2,382 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)