|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the combination of opportunity and confusion in the 1970s can best be described as?
(a) An invention by men
(c) A lie
(d) A double edged sword
2. What is Nancy in the mood for after lunch?
(a) To talk about her love of water
(b) To talk about the fresh salty air
(c) To talk about the shells
(d) To talk about the birds
3. Because Charlie is not willing to let a male of any species view his wife's breasts, what does he do?
(a) Charlie covers Leslie eyes with his hands
(b) Charlie attacks Leslie
(c) Charlie covers up his wife
(d) Charlie thwarts Leslie's view
4. What flies overhead and frightens the lizards?
(a) A heliocopter
(b) A flock of seagulls
(c) Another jet
(d) A kite
5. What is the theme of Act 1?
(a) The challenge of retirement
(b) The challenge of communication
(c) The challenge of the sexes
(d) The challenge of evolution
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sarah want to go after Charlie has upset her?
2. What is the author's purpose of the play?
3. What position are Nancy and Charlie in when Act 2 opens?
4. What question does Charlie bring up to avert any further questions from Nancy?
5. What flies overhead as the men are arguing?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)