|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
(a) A long walk on the beach
(b) An argument
(c) A dip in the water
(d) A sexual escapade
2. What does Nancy feel that both Charlie and Nancy have lost?
(a) A zest for life
(b) A sense of purpose
(c) Mutual attraction for each other
(d) Respect for each other
3. What sound interrupts Charlie and Nancy's conversation?
(a) A lifeguard rescuing a swimmer
(b) Other people talking
(c) Squaking seagulls
(d) Jets overhead
4. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
5. What types of creatures does the beach location allude that humans evolved from?
(a) Sand creatures
(d) Sea creatures
Short Answer Questions
1. What events does the author use the character of Nancy to shed light on?
2. How many times during Act 1 does Nancy bring up Charlie's childhood dream of living underwater?
3. What object does the creature peek out behind?
4. What does Charlie hope the gesture will save them from?
5. What word best describes Charlie and Nancy's ability to bridge the communication gap?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)