|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What events does the author use the character of Nancy to shed light on?
(a) Critical events of the 1970s
(b) Critical events of the 1980s
(c) Critical events of the 1990s
(d) Critical events of the 21st century
2. What was Charlie's childhood dream?
(a) To swim with dolphins
(b) To be an actor
(c) To live underwater
(d) To run a company
3. What word best describes Charlie and Nancy's ability to bridge the communication gap?
4. Which character finds a descent size stick?
(c) The Female Lizard
(d) The Male Lizard
5. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
(a) A swimming pool
(b) A lagoon
(c) The sea
(d) A lake
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound interrupts Charlie and Nancy's conversation?
2. What do Nancy and Charlie declare at the end of Act 1?
3. What does the sound of the jet make the lizards do?
4. What does Charlie ask his wife to find in order to defend themselves against the creatures?
5. What concept do the lizards parallel?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)