|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nancy feel that both Charlie and Nancy have lost?
(a) Respect for each other
(b) A sense of purpose
(c) Mutual attraction for each other
(d) A zest for life
2. What human element do the jets overhead exemplify?
3. What is Nancy's ideal life?
(a) To raise more children
(b) To travel from beach to beach
(c) To teach
(d) To work a farm
4. How does Nancy feel when she sees the creatures?
5. What had the women in the 1970s been doing with their time prior to the social movements?
(c) Developing a career
(d) Looking for a husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
2. Which character does the author favor in shedding light on historical events of the 1970s?
3. What can the combination of opportunity and confusion in the 1970s can best be described as?
4. What does Nancy want from her marriage?
5. What attribute of Charlie is affected by lying on his back in submission?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)