|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What events does the author use the character of Nancy to shed light on?
(a) Critical events of the 1990s
(b) Critical events of the 1980s
(c) Critical events of the 21st century
(d) Critical events of the 1970s
2. What does Nancy not understand about Charlie's retirement plan?
(a) He's content to rest
(b) He's anxious to be a grandfather
(c) He's anxious to travel
(d) He's content to only learn to sail
3. How does Nancy feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
(a) Nancy is in awe
(b) Nancy is overwhelmed
(c) Nancy is scared
(d) Nancy is panicked
4. What can Charlie's indifference to Nancy's needs can be viewed as?
5. What are Charlie and Nancy facing as they enter their new stage in life?
(a) Financial ruin
(b) Health problems
(c) Empty nest syndrome
(d) Childless depression
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Nancy bring up regarding their sex life?
2. What kind of woman has Nancy become?
3. What did the changes of the 1970s provide women with?
4. During the 1970s, what did women have more of and permission to use it?
5. What was Charlie testing when he let himself sink down to the bottom of the lake?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)