|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nancy hope to infuse her marriage with?
2. What is the main historical event the author has illustrated in the play?
(a) The Equal Rights Ammendment
(b) Women's Suffrage
(d) The Women's Liberation Movement
3. What does Nancy suggest her and Charlie do as the lizards approach?
(a) Call for help
(b) Jump in the water
(d) Lie on the ground
4. What does Nancy feel that both Charlie and Nancy have lost?
(a) Respect for each other
(b) A zest for life
(c) Mutual attraction for each other
(d) A sense of purpose
5. What human element do the jets overhead exemplify?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Nancy show fear?
2. How can the state of Charlie and Nancy's marriage be best described?
3. How does Nancy feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
4. What are Charlie and Nancy facing as they enter their new stage in life?
5. What does Nancy threaten to do if Charlie is unwilling to go along with her?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)