|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does the creature peek out behind?
(a) A cliff
(b) A rock
(c) A mound of seaweed
(d) A surfboard
2. Why do Nancy and Charlie lie on their backs?
(a) Charlie hurt himself
(b) To hide
(c) To prevent the lizards from attacking
(d) To surrender
3. What does Nancy suggest her and Charlie do as the lizards approach?
(a) Lie on the ground
(b) Jump in the water
(d) Call for help
4. How did women feel as a result of having time outside of the home?
5. What can Charlie's indifference to Nancy's needs can be viewed as?
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the state of Charlie and Nancy's marriage be best described?
2. Which character does the author favor in shedding light on historical events of the 1970s?
3. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
4. What is the best description of the twig that Nancy chose as defense?
5. What is the theme of Act 1?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)