|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie want to retire?
(a) On a boat
(b) In Florida
(c) In a retirement home
(d) On a stretch of beach somewhere
2. What subject does Nancy bring up at the desperate attempt to get a reaction out of her husband?
(a) Their finances
(b) Their future live as divorcees
(c) Their children's college fund
(d) Their sex life
3. What is the main historical event the author has illustrated in the play?
(a) The Women's Liberation Movement
(b) Women's Suffrage
(d) The Equal Rights Ammendment
4. As the play opens, what have Charlie and Nancy finished enjoying?
(a) A long run
(b) Feeding the seagulls
(c) A walk on the shore line
(d) A picnic lunch
5. What happens when the lizards move forward towards Charlie and Nancy?
(a) Another jet flies overhead
(b) A rock tumbles into the ocean
(c) A tidal wave begins to build
(d) A dolphin leaps from the water
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wife does Charlie tell Nancy she is?
2. How does the author view the events of the 1970s?
3. What is Nancy in the mood for after lunch?
4. What was Charlie's childhood dream?
5. Why did Nancy suspect Charlie of infidelity?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)