|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound interrupts Charlie and Nancy's conversation?
(a) A lifeguard rescuing a swimmer
(b) Jets overhead
(c) Squaking seagulls
(d) Other people talking
2. How does Nancy describe her husband at the end of Act 1 while in submission to the lizards?
3. What does Nancy and Charlie hope their act will communicate to the lizards as they approach?
4. What does Charlie think the creatures must be a result of?
(a) Having eaten rancid liver paster for lunch
(b) A punishment for a faulty marriage
(c) Drinking too much wine
(d) Having salt water in their eyes
5. What does Nancy threaten to do if Charlie is unwilling to go along with her?
(a) Nancy will sell the house
(b) Nancy will find another man
(c) Nancy will go on her own
(d) Nancy will divorce him
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of creatures does the beach location allude that humans evolved from?
2. What had the women in the 1970s been doing with their time prior to the social movements?
3. What events does the author use the character of Nancy to shed light on?
4. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
5. Is Charlie's intention to be hurtful towards his wife?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)