|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nancy not understand about Charlie's retirement plan?
(a) He's anxious to travel
(b) He's content to rest
(c) He's content to only learn to sail
(d) He's anxious to be a grandfather
2. How does Nancy react to Charlie's blasy attitude?
(a) Asks for him to change
(b) Tells him he must go back to work
(c) Is compassionate to him
(d) Rants that life is short
3. As the couple argues, what creature appears?
(a) A giant squid
(b) A lizard
(c) A sandpiper
(d) A dolphin
4. What did the changes of the 1970s provide women with?
5. How many times during Act 1 does Nancy bring up Charlie's childhood dream of living underwater?
(a) Three times
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
2. What is Nancy in the mood for after lunch?
3. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
4. When did Nancy suspect Charlie of having an affair?
5. What does Charlie call the whole scene?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)