|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of Act 1?
(a) The challenge of retirement
(b) The challenge of communication
(c) The challenge of evolution
(d) The challenge of the sexes
2. What is Nancy's ideal life?
(a) To teach
(b) To raise more children
(c) To work a farm
(d) To travel from beach to beach
3. What stage in life are Charlie and Nancy entering?
4. What does Charlie think the creatures must be a result of?
(a) Having eaten rancid liver paster for lunch
(b) Having salt water in their eyes
(c) A punishment for a faulty marriage
(d) Drinking too much wine
5. As the play opens, what have Charlie and Nancy finished enjoying?
(a) A long run
(b) A walk on the shore line
(c) A picnic lunch
(d) Feeding the seagulls
Short Answer Questions
1. How did women feel as a result of having time outside of the home?
2. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
3. What does Nancy want to plan with Charlie?
4. What does Charlie ask his wife to find in order to defend themselves against the creatures?
5. Where does Charlie want to retire?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)