|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charlie feel about the sound that interrupts the couple?
(a) Charlie thinks the sound is delightful
(b) Charlie thinks there will be a crash
(c) Charlie is overwhelmed
(d) Charlie lets Nancy make the decision
2. Who is the author of Seascape?
(a) Tenessee Williams
(b) Beth Henley
(c) Aurthur Miller
(d) Edward Albee
3. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
(a) The sea
(b) A lake
(c) A lagoon
(d) A swimming pool
4. How many times during Act 1 does Nancy bring up Charlie's childhood dream of living underwater?
(a) Three times
5. How does Nancy's choice in twigs make her husband feel?
(a) He is enraged
(b) He is indifferent
(c) He is proud
(d) He is thrilled
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of Act 1?
2. What does Charlie hope to infuse his marriage with?
3. How did women feel as a result of having time outside of the home?
4. What stage in life are Charlie and Nancy entering?
5. How does Nancy describe her husband at the end of Act 1 while in submission to the lizards?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)