|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best way to describe the gesture that Nancy and Charlie are exhibiting for the creatures?
2. What can Charlie's indifference to Nancy's needs can be viewed as?
3. What does Nancy hope to infuse her marriage with?
4. What sound interrupts Charlie and Nancy's conversation?
(a) Other people talking
(b) Squaking seagulls
(c) A lifeguard rescuing a swimmer
(d) Jets overhead
5. What is Nancy in the mood for after lunch?
(a) To talk about her love of water
(b) To talk about the birds
(c) To talk about the fresh salty air
(d) To talk about the shells
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
2. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
3. What can the combination of opportunity and confusion in the 1970s can best be described as?
4. What types of creatures does the beach location allude that humans evolved from?
5. What did Charlie used to hold to let himself sink to the bottom of the lake?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)