|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times during Act 1 does Nancy bring up Charlie's childhood dream of living underwater?
(b) Three times
2. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
3. What is Charlie in the mood for after lunch?
(a) A long walk
(b) A light swim
(d) A nap
4. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
(a) A swimming pool
(b) A lagoon
(c) The sea
(d) A lake
5. As the play opens, what have Charlie and Nancy finished enjoying?
(a) Feeding the seagulls
(b) A picnic lunch
(c) A long run
(d) A walk on the shore line
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie think the creatures must be a result of?
2. What can Charlie's indifference to Nancy's needs can be viewed as?
3. What does Charlie's actions do to his relationship with Nancy?
4. Describe Nancy's state of mind when the lizards reappear.
5. What does Nancy hope to infuse her marriage with?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)