|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character finds a descent size stick?
(a) The Female Lizard
(b) The Male Lizard
2. What does Charlie pass off Nancy's idea of his dream as?
(a) Too lofty of a goal
(b) Childhood humor
(c) Too hard
(d) Childhood fancy
3. What sound interrupts Charlie and Nancy's conversation?
(a) Jets overhead
(b) Squaking seagulls
(c) Other people talking
(d) A lifeguard rescuing a swimmer
4. What are Charlie and Nancy facing as they enter their new stage in life?
(a) Financial ruin
(b) Childless depression
(c) Health problems
(d) Empty nest syndrome
5. As the couple argues, what creature appears?
(a) A sandpiper
(b) A lizard
(c) A dolphin
(d) A giant squid
Short Answer Questions
1. What events does the author use the character of Nancy to shed light on?
2. As the play opens, what have Charlie and Nancy finished enjoying?
3. Is Charlie's intention to be hurtful towards his wife?
4. What does Charlie's actions do to his relationship with Nancy?
5. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)