|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the setting open in Act 1?
(a) East Hamptons
(b) A swimming pool
(c) The desert
(d) The beach
2. What stage in life are Charlie and Nancy entering?
3. What kind of wife does Charlie tell Nancy she is?
(a) A resentful wife
(b) A happy wife
(c) A good wife
(d) A cunning wife
4. As the couple argues, what creature appears?
(a) A lizard
(b) A giant squid
(c) A sandpiper
(d) A dolphin
5. What does Nancy not understand about Charlie's retirement plan?
(a) He's content to rest
(b) He's anxious to be a grandfather
(c) He's content to only learn to sail
(d) He's anxious to travel
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Nancy suspect Charlie of having an affair?
2. How can the state of Charlie and Nancy's marriage be best described?
3. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
4. What concept do the lizards parallel?
5. What kind of relationship do Charlie and Nancy have?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)