|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of creatures does the beach location allude that humans evolved from?
(b) Sea creatures
(c) Sand creatures
2. What do Nancy and Charlie declare at the end of Act 1?
(a) Their love for each other
(b) War on the lizards
(c) War on each other
(d) Their hatred for each other
3. What kind of woman has Nancy become?
4. What does Nancy hope to infuse her marriage with?
5. What does the sound of the jet make the lizards do?
(a) The sound angers them and they attack
(b) The sound sends them back behind the rocks
(c) The sound makes them bury their heads in the sand
(d) The sound makes them scream
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Charlie and Nancy's ability to bridge the communication gap?
2. What concept do the lizards parallel?
3. What was Charlie testing when he let himself sink down to the bottom of the lake?
4. Where does the setting open in Act 1?
5. What does Charlie's actions do to his relationship with Nancy?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)