|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Charlie's childhood dream?
(a) To live underwater
(b) To run a company
(c) To swim with dolphins
(d) To be an actor
2. What does Nancy's sarcastic validation of Charlie's merits as a good husband and father lead to?
(a) An argument
(b) A dip in the water
(c) A long walk on the beach
(d) A sexual escapade
3. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
(a) A swimming pool
(b) The sea
(c) A lake
(d) A lagoon
4. What does the sound of the jet make the lizards do?
(a) The sound makes them scream
(b) The sound angers them and they attack
(c) The sound makes them bury their heads in the sand
(d) The sound sends them back behind the rocks
5. What does Nancy and Charlie hope their act will communicate to the lizards as they approach?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie feel when he sees the creatures?
2. What does Nancy hope to infuse her marriage with?
3. How many times during Act 1 does Nancy bring up Charlie's childhood dream of living underwater?
4. Why do Nancy and Charlie lie on their backs?
5. What does Charlie's actions do to his relationship with Nancy?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)