|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sound of the jet make the lizards do?
(a) The sound makes them scream
(b) The sound sends them back behind the rocks
(c) The sound angers them and they attack
(d) The sound makes them bury their heads in the sand
2. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
(a) A lake
(b) The sea
(c) A lagoon
(d) A swimming pool
3. What flies overhead as the men are arguing?
(a) A hot air balloon
(b) A jet
(c) A flock of seagulls
(d) A kite
4. What is the theme of Act 1?
(a) The challenge of retirement
(b) The challenge of communication
(c) The challenge of evolution
(d) The challenge of the sexes
5. How does Nancy describe her husband at the end of Act 1 while in submission to the lizards?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the seagulls overhead represent?
2. How do the stilted efforts to communicate between the lizards and the humans make Charlie feel?
3. What is Nancy in the mood for after lunch?
4. Where does Charlie tell the lizards that man has evolved from?
5. What human element do the jets overhead exemplify?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)