|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nancy encourage her husband to do as he lies on his back?
(b) Be expressionless
2. What does Charlie think the creatures must be a result of?
(a) A punishment for a faulty marriage
(b) Having salt water in their eyes
(c) Drinking too much wine
(d) Having eaten rancid liver paster for lunch
3. What does Charlie ask his wife to find in order to defend themselves against the creatures?
(a) A stick
(b) A rock
(c) A dead fish
4. How does Nancy feel when the lizards reappear?
5. Is Charlie's intention to be hurtful towards his wife?
(c) It is unclear
(d) In some cases
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main historical event the author has illustrated in the play?
2. What does Charlie call the whole scene?
3. Why did Nancy suspect Charlie of infidelity?
4. How does Nancy feel when she sees the creatures?
5. How can the state of Charlie and Nancy's marriage be best described?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)