|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What events does the author use the character of Nancy to shed light on?
(a) Critical events of the 1980s
(b) Critical events of the 1990s
(c) Critical events of the 1970s
(d) Critical events of the 21st century
2. When does Nancy show fear?
(a) When her husband makes a frightening noise
(b) When the male lizard makes a frightening noise
(c) When the female lizard makes a frightening noise
(d) When she herself makes a frightening noise
3. Where does the setting open in Act 1?
(a) The beach
(b) East Hamptons
(c) A swimming pool
(d) The desert
4. How does the author view the events of the 1970s?
5. What does Nancy not understand about Charlie's retirement plan?
(a) He's anxious to be a grandfather
(b) He's content to rest
(c) He's content to only learn to sail
(d) He's anxious to travel
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does the creature peek out behind?
2. What question does Nancy bring up regarding their sex life?
3. What kind of relationship do Charlie and Nancy have?
4. What was Charlie testing when he let himself sink down to the bottom of the lake?
5. What does Nancy encourage her husband to do as he lies on his back?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)