|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie call the whole scene?
(a) A dream
(b) A certain hell
(c) A fantasy
2. What is the best description of the twig that Nancy chose as defense?
3. What does Nancy want from her marriage?
(a) Intimacy and connection
(b) Care and balance
(c) Money and a home
(d) Sex and adventure
4. What was Charlie testing when he let himself sink down to the bottom of the lake?
(a) How fast he could swim back up to the surface
(b) How much self discipline he had
(c) How long he could stay underwater
(d) How strong he was
5. What happens when the lizards move forward towards Charlie and Nancy?
(a) A dolphin leaps from the water
(b) A tidal wave begins to build
(c) A rock tumbles into the ocean
(d) Another jet flies overhead
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author view the events of the 1970s?
2. How can the state of Charlie and Nancy's marriage be best described?
3. How does Nancy feel about Charlie's blase attitude?
4. When did Nancy suspect Charlie of having an affair?
5. What is the main historical event the author has illustrated in the play?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)