|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sarah want to go after Charlie has upset her?
(a) Behind the rock
(b) Into the waves
(c) Rest on the sand
(d) Return to the sea
2. What does Charlie pass off Nancy's idea of his dream as?
(a) Childhood humor
(b) Too lofty of a goal
(c) Too hard
(d) Childhood fancy
3. What was Charlie testing when he let himself sink down to the bottom of the lake?
(a) How fast he could swim back up to the surface
(b) How long he could stay underwater
(c) How strong he was
(d) How much self discipline he had
4. What does Nancy take the opportunity to do now that Charlie is explaining underwater machinery?
(a) She talks about how she wants an adventure
(b) She brings up the liver paste sandwiches
(c) She tells the lizards Charlie is lazy
(d) She brings up his childhood dream
5. What does Charlie hope the gesture will save them from?
(a) Cruel fate
(c) Being buried alive
(d) Being eaten alive
Short Answer Questions
1. In Charlie's childhood dream, what body of water did he want to live underneath?
2. What do Charlie and Nancy mostly do to each other throughout the entire Act 2?
3. What word best describes the character of Charlie?
4. Who does Nancy speak to first?
5. How does Charlie feel about answering the lizards question about change?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)