Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Act 1 Abstract
* Seascape opens on a beach
* An older couple, Charlie and Nancy, have just had a picnic lunch
* The sound of a jet overhead interrupts their conversation
* Nancy puts away their lunch items
Act 2 Abstract
* Nancy is in awe of the aircraft
* Charlie thinks that one jet will crash into a sand dune one day...
This section contains 1,468 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)