|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Constanine been criticized?
2. What has Sorin's old sitting room been converted into?
3. What does Dorn say the fear of death is?
4. What does Nina say she has in her hand?
5. What does Nina always sign her letters with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between a character driven play and a plot driven play? How does Chekhov develop his characters to create a story? What are the main elements of a character driven story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1900s.
In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
How does the play express the changes Russian was going through at the time?
Does modern society share any values with 1900s Russia?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)