|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arkadina say she is not?
2. What does Medviedenko think should be knocked down?
3. What does Sorin drink to make himself feel better?
4. What does Nina give Trigorin to remember her by?
5. What Paulina say is the only thing a woman asks for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between a character driven play and a plot driven play? How does Chekhov develop his characters to create a story? What are the main elements of a character driven story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)