|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music is heard in the distance?
2. What Paulina say is the only thing a woman asks for?
3. What is the title of Sorin's story idea?
4. What does Jacob ask Trigorin if he should pack?
5. What reason does Medviedenko give for going home?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the way the author uses the characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? How does his use of the characters affect the story?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in Seagull particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
How has Madame Arkadina's tightness with money affected those close to her? Does Madame Arkadina have a responsibility to those close to her?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)