|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arkadina say Triplieff enjoys doing?
2. What does Treplieff say his mother should untie?
3. What does Masha say women do in secret?
4. What did Dorn spend all his money on?
5. Which of the following did the students not send Arkadina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do Simon and Masha get married if they are not both in love? In what way does Chekhov suggest that union could prove destructive? What effect could such marriage have on children?
Essay Topic 2
THE SEA GULL greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the play and discuss its similarities swath the novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the way the author uses the characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? How does his use of the characters affect the story?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)