|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dorn spend all his money on?
2. Complete the following line: The moon swims in the...
3. What does Nina say she has not done for two years?
4. What does Arkadina say she is not?
5. What city does Sorin say he is going to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1How has Madame Arkadina's tightness with money affected those close to her? Does Madame Arkadina have a responsibility to those close to her?
Essay Topic 2What is the difference between a character driven play and a plot driven play? How does Chekhov develop his characters to create a story? What are the main elements of a character driven story?
Essay Topic 3Why do Simon and Masha get married if they are not both in love? In what way does Chekhov suggest that union could prove destructive? What effect could such marriage have on children?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)