|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treplieff tell his uncle to go and do?
2. Which of Boris' books does Nina mention?
3. What does Medviedenko say Masha's father will not give him?
4. What does Treplieff say his mother should untie?
5. Where could Sorin spend a whole year if Arkadina gave him 1000 rubles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Chekhov's writing style. How would you describe his style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does his style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's chronological setting.
What were the main concerns during the 1900s? How does the author express these concerns?
How would the author change the novel if it were set in today's society?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)