|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina give Trigorin to remember her by?
2. Which of the following did the students not send Arkadina?
3. Where could Sorin spend a whole year if Arkadina gave him 1000 rubles?
4. Which of the servants wishes Akadina a good trip?
5. What hotel does Trigorin tell Nina to go to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Madame Arkadina's tightness with money affected those close to her? Does Madame Arkadina have a responsibility to those close to her?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1900s.
In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
How does the play express the changes Russian was going through at the time?
Does modern society share any values with 1900s Russia?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between a character driven play and a plot driven play? How does Chekhov develop his characters to create a story? What are the main elements of a character driven story?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)