|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Paulina and Arkadina put in the middle of the room?
2. What game do the characters play?
3. What does Treplieff have around his head?
4. What does Dorn say Constantine thinks in?
5. Which of the servants wishes Akadina a good trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of the 1900s.
In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
How does the play express the changes Russian was going through at the time?
Does modern society share any values with 1900s Russia?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Chekhov's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the characters?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between a character driven play and a plot driven play? How does Chekhov develop his characters to create a story? What are the main elements of a character driven story?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)