Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music is heard in the distance?
2. What Paulina say is the only thing a woman asks for?
3. What is the title of Sorin's story idea?
4. What does Jacob ask Trigorin if he should pack?
5. What reason does Medviedenko give for going home?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Chekhov's writing style. How would you describe his style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does his style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between a character driven play and a plot driven play? How does Chekhov develop his characters to create a story? What are the main elements of a character driven story?
Essay Topic 3
Why do Simon and Masha get married if they are not both in love? In what way does Chekhov suggest that union could prove destructive? What effect could such marriage have on children?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)