|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treplieff ask his mother to change for him?
2. Which of Boris' books does Nina mention?
3. What does Sorin drink to make himself feel better?
4. What does Nina give Trigorin to remember her by?
5. What meal is Trigorin eating?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Chekhov's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the way the author uses the characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? How does his use of the characters affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
How has Madame Arkadina's tightness with money affected those close to her? Does Madame Arkadina have a responsibility to those close to her?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)