Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music is heard in the distance?
2. What Paulina say is the only thing a woman asks for?
3. What is the title of Sorin's story idea?
4. What does Jacob ask Trigorin if he should pack?
5. What reason does Medviedenko give for going home?
THE SEA GULL is translated from Russian into English. How much meaning can a play loses through a translation? What aspects of the play do you think would be the most difficult to express in English? How do you think a translator can overcome these difficulties?
Examine Chekhov's writing style. How would you describe his style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does his style give to the story?
Why is Constantine jealous of Boris? How can Constantine get over his jealousy of Boris? Does Constantine gives into such feelings of jealousy too easily?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)