|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trigorin say Constantine's writing verges on?
2. What does Arkadina say she is not?
3. What dose Arkadina say is the last chapter of her life?
4. Who are Treplief and Paulina carrying bed linen for?
5. What does Medviedenko say Masha's father will not give him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do Simon and Masha get married if they are not both in love? In what way does Chekhov suggest that union could prove destructive? What effect could such marriage have on children?
Essay Topic 2
How has Madame Arkadina's tightness with money affected those close to her? Does Madame Arkadina have a responsibility to those close to her?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)