|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Sorin's story idea?
2. What does Nina always sign her letters with?
3. What does Arkadina say Trepliff could not write?
4. What does Trigorin say Constantine's writing verges on?
5. Where has Constanine been criticized?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
Point of view
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between a character driven play and a plot driven play? How does Chekhov develop his characters to create a story? What are the main elements of a character driven story?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)