|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Sorin's story idea?
2. Which of Boris' books does Nina mention?
3. What does Dorn say the fear of death is?
4. What does Masha say women do in secret?
5. What did Medviedenko think he heard in the theater the previous night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1900s.
In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
How does the play express the changes Russian was going through at the time?
Does modern society share any values with 1900s Russia?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the way the author uses the characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? How does his use of the characters affect the story?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)