|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arkadina say it looks like Treplieff has on his head?
2. What does Sorin drink to make himself feel better?
3. Which of the servants wishes Akadina a good trip?
4. What did Dorn spend all his money on?
5. What does Mediedenko say costs seventy kopecks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's chronological setting.
What were the main concerns during the 1900s? How does the author express these concerns?
How would the author change the novel if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Chekhov's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the characters?
Essay Topic 3
THE SEA GULL is translated from Russian into English. How much meaning can a play loses through a translation? What aspects of the play do you think would be the most difficult to express in English? How do you think a translator can overcome these difficulties?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)