|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who have Nina's father and stepfather hired to keep Nina away from their estate?
2. What does Trigorin say he has forgotten?
3. What does Nina say she has not done for two years?
4. Where does Nina want to travel to?
5. What has Constantine never created in any of his stories?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Madame Arkadina's tightness with money affected those close to her? Does Madame Arkadina have a responsibility to those close to her?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between a character driven play and a plot driven play? How does Chekhov develop his characters to create a story? What are the main elements of a character driven story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's chronological setting.
What were the main concerns during the 1900s? How does the author express these concerns?
How would the author change the novel if it were set in today's society?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)