|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dose Arkadina say is the last chapter of her life?
2. Who knocks on the window of Treplieff's room?
3. Who have Nina's father and stepfather hired to keep Nina away from their estate?
4. What does Nina say she has in her hand?
5. What does Medviedenko say Masha's father will not give him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in Seagull particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 2
THE SEA GULL is translated from Russian into English. How much meaning can a play loses through a translation? What aspects of the play do you think would be the most difficult to express in English? How do you think a translator can overcome these difficulties?
Essay Topic 3
THE SEA GULL greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the play and discuss its similarities swath the novel in terms of the following:
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)