|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treplieff say a woman can never forgive?
2. What does Treplieff use to tap the door?
3. Which of the following animals does Nina not mention in her monologue?
4. What does Paulina do with the flowers that Nina gives Dorn?
5. What does Nina say it is strange seeing a famous author doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What agreement do Simon and Masha come to?
2. Why is Madame Arkadina furious at Illya?
3. What does Illya tell Boris and Madame Arkadina?
4. What does Madame Arkadina say is the secret to looking youthful?
5. How does Masha think she can forget Constantine?
6. What does Yevgeny tell Boris when he returns?
7. How does Madame Arkadina complement Nina?
8. Who are Masha and Simon Medvedenko?
9. Why would Boris prefer to stay on the estate?
10. Why does Masha want to marry Simon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between a character driven play and a plot driven play? How does Chekhov develop his characters to create a story? What are the main elements of a character driven story?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in Seagull particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
How has Madame Arkadina's tightness with money affected those close to her? Does Madame Arkadina have a responsibility to those close to her?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)