Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dorn's first name?
2. What does Arkadina want Sahmraeff to order for her?
3. What does Trigorin say makes him happy?
4. Who does Trepleff say watches Nina closely?
5. What does Dorn say destroys the individual?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the characters say about Constantine's work when he is gone?
2. What do Masha and Simon discuss?
3. Why does Nina say she is nervous?
4. How does Peter react to Illya treating his sister so badly?
5. How does Peter think Madame Arkadina could help Constantine?
6. Who are Masha and Simon Medvedenko?
7. How does Illya react to Madame Arkadina's outburst?
8. What is the setting of the second act?
9. How does Boris react when Madame Arkadina says they leave?
10. How does Boris react to Madame Arkadina's insensitive comments?
Compare American and Russian culture.
What are the differences between the two cultures?
In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
Point of view
Why is Constantine jealous of Boris? How can Constantine get over his jealousy of Boris? Does Constantine gives into such feelings of jealousy too easily?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)