|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nina call a genius?
2. What does Paulina do with the flowers that Nina gives Dorn?
3. Who does Arkadina ask the doctor to compare her looks to?
4. What is Treplieff carrying along with the seagull?
5. What does Pauline say the men are ready to go down on their knees to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Boris want to stay at the estate?
2. What news in the second act act delights Boris?
3. Who is Boris Trigorin?
4. What does Nina tell Constantine?
5. Why does Masha want to marry Simon?
6. Why can Nina not accept Boris' resignation to mediocrity?
7. What agreement do Simon and Masha come to?
8. Why does Nina say she is nervous?
9. How does Boris react to Madame Arkadina's insensitive comments?
10. How does Peter think Madame Arkadina could help Constantine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Compare American and Russian culture.
What are the differences between the two cultures?
In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in Seagull particularly wide during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)