|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treplieff say he would be if his mother was an ordinary woman?
2. What does Paulina do with the flowers that Nina gives Dorn?
3. Where does Sorin say it is pleasanter to live?
4. What does Arkadina want her son to spare her?
5. What does Arkadina want Sahmraeff to order for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Constantine's play open?
2. Why does Constantine think that Nina favors Boris?
3. Why does Peter like being surrounded by young artists?
4. What does Yevgeny think is the sound that sounds like a gun shot?
5. Why are Masha and Simon looking for Constantine?
6. What is the weather like at the beginning of the fourth act?
7. Why is Madame Akadina unhappy with Peter?
8. Why are Simon and Yevgeny so poor?
9. How does Masha think she can forget Constantine?
10. Who are Masha and Simon Medvedenko?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's chronological setting.
What were the main concerns during the 1900s? How does the author express these concerns?
How would the author change the novel if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
THE SEA GULL greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the play and discuss its similarities swath the novel in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following:
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)