|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shamraeff say Arkadina does not know?
2. What animal does Trigorin say he races and dodges like?
3. What does Nina say she always thought famous writers always despised?
4. What does Treplieff say sometimes speaks in his heart?
5. Which character criticizes Treplieff's play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boris react to Madame Arkadina's insensitive comments?
2. What does Yevgeny tell Boris when he returns?
3. Why does Nina give Boris an engraved medallion?
4. Why does Peter like being surrounded by young artists?
5. What does Madame Arkadina say is the secret to looking youthful?
6. Why does Peter think Constantine lives a lonely life?
7. Why is Illya enraged that Madame Arkadina wants a horse?
8. Why is Madame Arkadina moody?
9. Who is Boris Trigorin?
10. What does Nina tell Constantine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the way the author uses the characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? How does his use of the characters affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following:
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)