|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boris say he loves doing?
2. What does Akadina say she never likes to look into?
3. Where does Shamraeff rememebr Silva singing?
4. Where does Sorin say it is pleasanter to live?
5. Who does Trigorin say he does not like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peter think Constantine lives a lonely life?
2. What does Nina tell Constantine?
3. What agreement do Simon and Masha come to?
4. What do Masha and Simon discuss?
5. What is the weather like at the beginning of the fourth act?
6. Why does Boris want to stay at the estate?
7. What does Yevgeny think is the sound that sounds like a gun shot?
8. Why does Nina give Boris an engraved medallion?
9. Why are Masha and Simon looking for Constantine?
10. What happens to Peter in the second act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of the 1900s.
In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
How does the play express the changes Russian was going through at the time?
Does modern society share any values with 1900s Russia?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Chekhov's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? In what ways is he like or unlike the characters?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)