|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Masha not return to Medviedenko?
(a) His hate.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His keys.
(d) His affection.
2. What does Arkadina say it is a crime for Nina to do?
(a) Act in such an awful play.
(b) Marry a no good writer like her son.
(c) Hide herself in the countryside.
(d) Marry young.
3. What does Nina say she always thought famous writers always despised?
(a) The government.
(b) The common crowd.
4. Where did Sorin serve for 28 years?
(a) The Police Department.
(b) The Department of Secrets.
(c) The Department of Justice.
(d) The Fire Department.
5. Who does Arkadina ask the doctor to compare her looks to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Nina devote her whole life to if she was a writer?
2. Where does Arkadina say she would be rather sitting alone?
3. Why does Paulina want Dorn to put his hat back on?
4. What blows behind the stage?
5. What will happen at 8.30 pm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boris react to Madame Arkadina's insensitive comments?
2. Summarize the play.
3. Why does Masha want to marry Simon?
4. How does Illya react to Madame Arkadina's outburst?
5. What does Illya tell Boris and Madame Arkadina?
6. What is the setting of the second act?
7. Why is Peter escorted to his room?
8. What does Madame Arkadina say is the secret to looking youthful?
9. What does Paulina think about her husband?
10. What does Constantine say is the reason for his bad mood?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)