|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arkadina want her son to spare her?
(a) His nonsense.
(b) His love.
(c) His pretentiousness.
(d) His hate.
2. What does Trigorin have to leave to do?
3. What is Treplieff's mother's job?
(a) A singer.
(b) A writer.
(c) A waitress.
(d) An actress.
4. What does Sorin want Masha's father to leave unchained?
(a) The duck.
(b) The dog.
(c) The bull.
(d) The cat.
5. Who does Sorin say has never liked him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arkadina say it is a crime for Nina to do?
2. What does Treplieff wish his mother was?
3. What is Sorin having an attack of?
4. What 1973 play does Shamraeff mention?
5. What does Paulina do with the flowers that Nina gives Dorn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Illya react to Madame Arkadina's outburst?
2. Why does Constantine walk away from Paulina?
3. Why does Constantine think that Nina favors Boris?
4. What is the weather like at the beginning of the fourth act?
5. Summarize the play.
6. Why is Madame Akadina unhappy with Peter?
7. Why does Nina give Boris an engraved medallion?
8. What do Masha and Simon discuss?
9. Why does Peter think he must be gravely ill?
10. What news in the second act act delights Boris?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)