|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sorin use to walk?
(a) A bannister.
(b) A cane.
(c) A plank.
(d) A walker.
2. Which character criticizes Treplieff's play?
3. What does Sorin drink with his dinner?
4. What does Masha say has gone to sleep?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her foot.
(c) Her shoulder.
(d) Her arm.
5. Who is 55-years-old?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boris say he loves doing?
2. Who does Trepleff say watches Nina closely?
3. Who does Arkadina say she is not?
4. Who calls Boris from the house?
5. What does Pauline say the men are ready to go down on their knees to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompted Constantine to kill himself?
2. What do the people in the group talk about as they wait for the play to start?
3. What does the dead seagull symbolize?
4. Why is Paulina worried about Yevgeny's attractions to Nina?
5. What happens to Peter in the second act?
6. What is the weather like at the beginning of the fourth act?
7. What does Yevgeny tell Boris when he returns?
8. Why does Madame Arkadina want to return to the city?
9. Why does Constantine think that Nina favors Boris?
10. What does Illya tell Boris and Madame Arkadina?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)