|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arkadina say it is Nina's duty to do?
(a) Direct a play.
(b) Marry her son.
(c) Start a family.
(d) Go on stage.
2. What have Nina's mother and stepfather gone out to do?
3. What is the title of the book Arkadina is reading?
(a) On the Water.
(b) The Golden Arm.
(c) Under the Bridge.
(d) The Idiot.
4. What does Nina say she always thought famous writers always despised?
(c) The government.
(d) The common crowd.
5. What does Masha say happiness does not depend on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What 1973 play does Shamraeff mention?
2. What does Treplieff use to tap the door?
3. Who does Treplieff say he loves?
4. Who calls Boris from the house?
5. What does Sorin say Arkadina should not handle so roughly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nina's life so bleak?
2. Why is Illya enraged that Madame Arkadina wants a horse?
3. What do Boris and Nina say to each other before Boris leaves?
4. How does Constantine's play open?
5. Why is Madame Akadina unhappy with Peter?
6. Why does Boris want to stay at the estate?
7. What does Paulina think about her husband?
8. Why does Madame Arkadina not want to stay at the estate?
9. What do the people in the group talk about as they wait for the play to start?
10. What does Constantine say is the reason for his bad mood?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)