|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character criticizes Treplieff's play?
2. What does Paulina do with the flowers that Nina gives Dorn?
(a) Puts them in a vase.
(b) Throws them at Nina.
(c) Tears them up.
(d) Stamps on the them.
3. What animal does Trigorin say he races and dodges like?
(a) A fox.
(b) A snake.
(c) A hedgehog.
(d) A wolf.
4. What will happen at 8.30 pm?
(a) Dinner will be served.
(b) The guests will arrive.
(c) The play will finish.
(d) The play will start.
5. What does Arkadina say it is a crime for Nina to do?
(a) Hide herself in the countryside.
(b) Act in such an awful play.
(c) Marry a no good writer like her son.
(d) Marry young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trigorin say he is left behind like?
2. Which character does Arkadina say is a celebrity?
3. What can Masha not return to Medviedenko?
4. What kind of people does Masha think are often happy?
5. What kind of tea does Dorn suggest they give Madame Akadina and Sorin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Boris prefer to stay on the estate?
2. How does Masha think she can forget Constantine?
3. Why does Nina give Boris an engraved medallion?
4. Summarize the play.
5. Why does Peter like being surrounded by young artists?
6. Why is Madame Arkadina furious at Illya?
7. How does Peter think Madame Arkadina could help Constantine?
8. How does Boris react to Madame Arkadina's insensitive comments?
9. What is the weather like at the beginning of the fourth act?
10. How does Constantine's play open?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)