|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Masha say has gone to sleep?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her shoulder.
(d) Her foot.
2. What animal does Trigorin say he races and dodges like?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A snake.
(c) A fox.
(d) A hedgehog.
3. What does Sorin use to walk?
(a) A cane.
(b) A bannister.
(c) A plank.
(d) A walker.
4. What 1973 play does Shamraeff mention?
(a) Poltava Fair.
(b) The Lost Rubees.
(c) Lover's Circus.
(d) People, People.
5. What can Masha not return to Medviedenko?
(a) His keys.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His affection.
(d) His hate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season does Arkadina say she is usually insulted in?
2. What does Shamraeff say Arkadina does not know?
3. What is Dorn's job?
4. What does Treplieff say sometimes speaks in his heart?
5. What does Arkadina say it is a crime for Nina to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the weather like at the beginning of the fourth act?
2. Why does Masha want to marry Simon?
3. Why is Peter escorted to his room?
4. Summarize the play.
5. Why is Nina late for the performance?
6. What does the dead seagull symbolize?
7. What do Masha and Simon discuss?
8. What do Boris and Nina say to each other before Boris leaves?
9. What do the characters say about Constantine's work when he is gone?
10. What happens to Peter in the second act?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)