|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character criticizes Treplieff's play?
2. Who does Arkadina ask the doctor to compare her looks to?
3. What does Arkadina say it is a crime for Nina to do?
(a) Marry young.
(b) Hide herself in the countryside.
(c) Act in such an awful play.
(d) Marry a no good writer like her son.
4. Why does Nina say she cannot understand Treplieff?
(a) He is too different to her.
(b) He does not want to be understood.
(c) She does not want to understand him.
(d) She is too simple.
5. What does Masha say has gone to sleep?
(a) Her foot.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boris say he loves doing?
2. What does Shamraeff ask Jacob to do?
3. What will happen at 8.30 pm?
4. What does Treplieff wish his mother was?
5. Who does Trigorin say he does not like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Madame Akadina unhappy with Peter?
2. Why does Peter like being surrounded by young artists?
3. What happens to Peter in the second act?
4. What do the characters say about Constantine's work when he is gone?
5. Why does Madame Arkadina want to return to the city?
6. What does Madame Arkadina say is the secret to looking youthful?
7. Summarize the play.
8. Who is Boris Trigorin?
9. What is the weather like at the beginning of the fourth act?
10. Why would Boris prefer to stay on the estate?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)