|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Treplieff say he loves?
(d) His mother.
2. Who does Arkadina ask the doctor to compare her looks to?
3. Who does Sorinn say was unable to sleep during the night?
(b) His sister.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His brother.
4. Which character criticizes Treplieff's play?
5. What does Dorn say destroys the individual?
(a) Beer and cheese.
(b) Tea and coffee.
(c) Cocaine and coffee.
(d) Wine and tobacco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sorin say it is pleasanter to live?
2. Which of the following does Trigorin not say it is his duty to write about?
3. What does Nina say is wonderful?
4. What kind of people does Masha think are often happy?
5. Why does Aradina say she looks so young?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Madame Arkadina want to return to the city?
2. What news in the second act act delights Boris?
3. Why is Madame Arkadina furious at Illya?
4. Who is Boris Trigorin?
5. Summarize the play.
6. Why does Nina give Boris an engraved medallion?
7. Why does Constantine think that Nina favors Boris?
8. Why can Nina not accept Boris' resignation to mediocrity?
9. Why does Masha want to marry Simon?
10. What is the weather like at the beginning of the fourth act?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)