|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treplieff say a woman can never forgive?
(b) A lie
2. What can Masha not return to Medviedenko?
(a) His hate.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His keys.
(d) His affection.
3. What is Nina seated upon?
(a) A table.
(b) A rock.
(c) A car.
(d) A bench.
4. What does Trigorin say has made him giddy?
(a) Writing too much.
(b) Nina's conversation.
(c) Sitting in the sun.
(d) The fumes from his brain.
5. Who does Treplieff say he loves?
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulina do with the flowers that Nina gives Dorn?
2. What is the title of the book Arkadina is reading?
3. What is Shamraeff's position on the estate?
4. Who does Arkadina say she is uneasy about?
5. What does Treplieff say sometimes speaks in his heart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Boris Trigorin?
2. Why does Madame Arkadina want to return to the city?
3. Why is Constantine worried?
4. What does Madame Arkadina say is the secret to looking youthful?
5. Why does Constantine walk away from Paulina?
6. Why does Constantine think that Nina favors Boris?
7. Why is Madame Akadina unhappy with Peter?
8. Why does Boris think being a writer is not easy?
9. What do Masha and Simon discuss?
10. How does Boris react when Madame Arkadina says they leave?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)