|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nina say writes beautiful stories?
2. What does Treplieff say sometimes speaks in his heart?
3. What does Shamraeff say Arkadina does not know?
(a) How to run a farm.
(b) How to act.
(c) How to fall in love.
(d) How to ride a horse.
4. What does Trigorin have to leave to do?
5. What does Nina say Boris has been spoiled by?
(a) His wife.
(b) His success.
(c) His fortune.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sorin say Arkadina should not handle so roughly?
2. Who does Arkadina say she is not?
3. Who calls Boris from the house?
4. What does Sorin use to walk?
5. What does Masha say happiness does not depend on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madame Arkadina complement Nina?
2. Why is Paulina worried about Yevgeny's attractions to Nina?
3. What does Illya tell Boris and Madame Arkadina?
4. What is the weather like at the beginning of the fourth act?
5. Why would Boris prefer to stay on the estate?
6. Why does Madame Arkadina say she cannot give her son money to travel?
7. Why is Nina late for the performance?
8. How does Illya react to Madame Arkadina's outburst?
9. Why does Boris want to stay at the estate?
10. How does Constantine's play open?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)