|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arkadina want Sahmraeff to order for her?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A book.
(d) A horse.
2. What does the dog so when it is chained up?
3. What does Trigorin have to leave to do?
4. What does Arkadina say it is Nina's duty to do?
(a) Direct a play.
(b) Go on stage.
(c) Start a family.
(d) Marry her son.
5. How does Masha describe the air?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tea does Dorn suggest they give Madame Akadina and Sorin?
2. Why does Paulina say Dorn cannot escape from women?
3. What kind of life does Treplieff think his mother leads?
4. What is Dorn's job?
5. What is Nina seated upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madame Arkadina complement Nina?
2. Why does Nina give Boris an engraved medallion?
3. Why does Madame Arkadina not want to stay at the estate?
4. What does Illya tell Boris and Madame Arkadina?
5. What do the characters say about Constantine's work when he is gone?
6. Who is Boris Trigorin?
7. Why is Illya enraged that Madame Arkadina wants a horse?
8. Why would Boris prefer to stay on the estate?
9. What does the dead seagull symbolize?
10. Why does Masha want to marry Simon?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)