|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arkadina want Sahmraeff to order for her?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A book.
(d) A horse.
2. What does Trigorin have to leave to do?
3. What does Aradina smoke?
(d) A pipe.
4. Where does Shamraeff rememebr Silva singing?
(a) The Opera House.
(b) The Shakespeare Theater.
(c) The Pavillion.
(d) The Kew Gardens.
5. What does Arkadina say it is Nina's duty to do?
(a) Start a family.
(b) Go on stage.
(c) Marry her son.
(d) Direct a play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shamraeff say Arkadina does not know?
2. What is Treplieff's mother's job?
3. What does Paulina do with the flowers that Nina gives Dorn?
4. Which two Russian writers does Trigorin mention?
5. What does Sorin say City streets are full of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Illya tell Boris and Madame Arkadina?
2. Why is Madame Arkadina furious at Illya?
3. Why does Simon wants to go home?
4. What is the setting of the second act?
5. Why would Boris prefer to stay on the estate?
6. Why can Nina not accept Boris' resignation to mediocrity?
7. Who is Boris Trigorin?
8. What do the people in the group talk about as they wait for the play to start?
9. How does Boris react to Madame Arkadina's insensitive comments?
10. What does Constantine say is the reason for his bad mood?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)