|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arkadina say she smells?
2. What does Trigorin say makes him happy?
(a) Children singing.
(b) Finishing a novel.
(c) His mother phoning him.
(d) Critics praising him.
3. What blows behind the stage?
(a) A cello.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A trombone.
(d) A horn.
4. What does Nina say Boris has been spoiled by?
(a) His wife.
(b) His success.
(c) His mother.
(d) His fortune.
5. What is the title of the book Arkadina is reading?
(a) Under the Bridge.
(b) The Idiot.
(c) On the Water.
(d) The Golden Arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Treplieff's mother's job?
2. Who does Sorin say has never liked him?
3. Which two Russian writers does Trigorin mention?
4. What kind of tea does Dorn suggest they give Madame Akadina and Sorin?
5. Who does Treplieff say he loves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Constantine think that Nina favors Boris?
2. What is the setting of the second act?
3. Why would Boris prefer to stay on the estate?
4. Why are Masha and Simon looking for Constantine?
5. How does Illya react to Madame Arkadina's outburst?
6. Why is Madame Arkadina furious at Illya?
7. Why is Illya enraged that Madame Arkadina wants a horse?
8. What do Boris and Nina say to each other before Boris leaves?
9. What does Madame Arkadina say is the secret to looking youthful?
10. What do the characters say about Constantine's work when he is gone?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)