|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trigorin say is all he is fit to describe?
(b) City life.
2. Why does Nina say she cannot understand Treplieff?
(a) She does not want to understand him.
(b) She is too simple.
(c) He is too different to her.
(d) He does not want to be understood.
3. What color does Masha dress in?
4. What does Sorin say City streets are full of?
(c) Pretty girls.
5. What does Shamraeff say Arkadina does not know?
(a) How to fall in love.
(b) How to run a farm.
(c) How to act.
(d) How to ride a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aradina say she looks so young?
2. Where did Sorin serve for 28 years?
3. Who does Sorin say is a tyrant?
4. What does Arkadina say she smells?
5. What does Nina give Dorn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Madame Arkadina want to return to the city?
2. What do Masha and Simon discuss?
3. Why does Constantine think that Nina favors Boris?
4. Why does Constantine walk away from Paulina?
5. Why is Illya enraged that Madame Arkadina wants a horse?
6. Why does Masha want to marry Simon?
7. What is the setting of the second act?
8. What symbolizes the devil in the play?
9. What does Illya tell Boris and Madame Arkadina?
10. How does Boris try to extinguish bad feelings between himself and Constantine?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)