|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arkadina want to listen to?
(a) The play.
(b) The television.
(c) The singing.
(d) The radio.
2. What city does Aradina want to travel to?
(a) St. Petersburg.
3. What does Shamraeff ask Jacob to do?
(a) Set the table.
(b) Find a horse.
(c) Go to the shop.
(d) Raise the curtain.
4. Who does Trigorin say he does not like?
5. What does Dorn say destroys the individual?
(a) Cocaine and coffee.
(b) Beer and cheese.
(c) Tea and coffee.
(d) Wine and tobacco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals does Nina not mention in her monologue?
2. What does Nina say it is strange seeing a famous author doing?
3. What does Paulina tell Dorn to put back on?
4. Why is Nina late?
5. What does Arkadina say she smells?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Madame Arkadina want to return to the city?
2. Why does Peter think he must be gravely ill?
3. Why can Nina not accept Boris' resignation to mediocrity?
4. Who is Boris Trigorin?
5. Why does Masha want to marry Simon?
6. How does Peter react to Illya treating his sister so badly?
7. What does the dead seagull symbolize?
8. Why is Madame Akadina unhappy with Peter?
9. How does Illya react to Madame Arkadina's outburst?
10. Summarize the play.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)