|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treplieff say he would be if his mother was an ordinary woman?
(a) A serious man.
(b) A happier man.
(c) A rounded man.
(d) A lucky man.
2. What city does Aradina want to travel to?
(c) St. Petersburg.
3. What season does Arkadina say she is usually insulted in?
4. Who does Sorin say has never liked him?
5. What will happen at 8.30 pm?
(a) The guests will arrive.
(b) The play will finish.
(c) Dinner will be served.
(d) The play will start.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Boris from the house?
2. What can Masha not return to Medviedenko?
3. Why does Nina say she cannot understand Treplieff?
4. Why is Nina late?
5. What does Sorin use to walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nina late for the performance?
2. Why can Nina not accept Boris' resignation to mediocrity?
3. What prompted Constantine to kill himself?
4. What news in the second act act delights Boris?
5. Why does Nina give Boris an engraved medallion?
6. What do Madame Arkadina and Constantine argue about?
7. Who is Boris Trigorin?
8. How does Constantine's play open?
9. What does Nina tell Constantine?
10. Why does Nina say she is nervous?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)