|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina say she always thought famous writers always despised?
(a) The common crowd.
(b) The government.
2. What does Treplieff threaten to do?
(a) Burn his manuscripts.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Marry Masha.
(d) Run away.
3. What does Treplieff say frightens his mother to death?
(a) The theater.
(b) The magazines.
(c) The cinema.
(d) The newspapers.
4. Who does Arkadina ask the doctor to compare her looks to?
5. What does Sorin say City streets are full of?
(b) Pretty girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arkadina say she is uneasy about?
2. Who is 55-years-old?
3. What does Pauline say the men are ready to go down on their knees to?
4. What is Sorin having an attack of?
5. What does Nina say is wonderful?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nina's life so bleak?
2. Why does Peter think Constantine lives a lonely life?
3. How does Peter react to Illya treating his sister so badly?
4. Who is Boris Trigorin?
5. What do Boris and Nina say to each other before Boris leaves?
6. What agreement do Simon and Masha come to?
7. How does Boris try to extinguish bad feelings between himself and Constantine?
8. How does Boris react when Madame Arkadina says they leave?
9. What does Constantine say is the reason for his bad mood?
10. How does Masha think she can forget Constantine?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)