|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where could Sorin spend a whole year if Arkadina gave him 1000 rubles?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In town.
(c) In St. Petersburg.
(d) In the village.
2. What does Trieplieff say is golden?
(a) His mother's glance.
(b) His mother's touch.
(c) His mother's smile.
(d) His mother's love.
3. Why could Sorin never become an orator?
(a) He speaks badly.
(b) He has asthma.
(c) He gets too nervous.
(d) He hates it.
4. Who says fiddlesticks?
5. What does Treplieff call the plays Arkadina stars in?
(c) Clear as mud.
(d) Ditch water.
6. What do Paulina and Arkadina put in the middle of the room?
(a) A May pole.
(b) A coffee table.
(c) A card table.
(d) A statue.
7. What does Medviedenko think should be knocked down?
(a) The old wash house.
(b) The old coffee shop.
(c) The old cinema.
(d) The old theater.
8. Who does Arkadina say is late?
(b) The doctor.
(c) The nurse.
9. What meal is Trigorin eating?
10. Who have Nina's father and stepfather hired to keep Nina away from their estate?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A pack of dogs.
(c) A footman.
(d) A watchman.
11. What city did Dorn like the best?
12. What does Trigorin say Treplieff is as great a mystery as?
(a) The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
(b) The Man in the Iron Mask.
13. Who pays Constantine for his stories?
14. What does Treplieff say his mother should untie?
(a) Her toes.
(b) Her tongue.
(c) Her purse-strings.
(d) Her hair.
15. What does Medviedenko say Masha's father will not give him?
(a) A car.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arkadina tell Sorin to keep an eye on?
2. Where has Constanine been criticized?
3. What does Arkadina say she has not got?
4. What does Nina always sign her letters with?
5. Complete the following line: The moon swims in the...
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)