|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of music is heard in the distance?
(a) A rock song.
(b) A fox trot.
(c) A waltz.
(d) A folk song.
2. What does Nina always sign her letters with?
(a) The Crow.
(b) The Squaw.
(c) The Croc.
(d) The Seagull.
3. What does Treplieff tell his uncle to go and do?
(a) Take his medication.
(b) Drink water.
(c) Lie down.
4. Where does Masha say is the only place to find hopeless love?
(a) The theater.
(b) The movies.
5. Where has Constanine been criticized?
(a) The newspapers.
(b) The government.
(c) The bars in Moscow.
(d) The Writer's Circle.
6. What Paulina say is the only thing a woman asks for?
(a) Sexy looks.
(b) A secure life.
(c) An easy life.
(d) Kind looks.
7. What dose Arkadina say is the last chapter of her life?
(a) Her move to Hollywood.
(b) Her love for her son.
(c) Her need for another child.
(d) Her love for Boris.
8. What does Trigorin tell Jacob to give away?
(a) His car.
(b) His wine.
(c) His cigarettes.
(d) His books.
9. What does Treplieff call the plays Arkadina stars in?
(a) Clear as mud.
(b) Ditch water.
10. Where does Trigorin say he has left his cane?
(a) On the terrace.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the drawing room.
(d) In the study.
11. Who dies Arkadina think that Constantine is jealous of?
12. What is the name of Masha's child's nanny?
13. What does Jacob ask Trigorin if he should pack?
(a) His boots.
(b) His fishing rods.
(c) His guns.
(d) His winter clothes.
14. What theater did Nina make her debut at?
(a) The Limpet Theater in Moscow.
(b) The Summer Theater in Moscow.
(c) The New Theater in Moscow.
(d) The Spring Theater in Moscow.
15. What does Arkadina say Trepliff could not write?
(a) A one act.
(b) A Hollywood film.
(c) A list.
(d) Music hall farce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sorin wish to live?
2. Who pays Constantine for his stories?
3. What has Constantine never created in any of his stories?
4. What does Nina say she has not done for two years?
5. What has Sorin served as for 20 years?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)