|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the servants wishes Akadina a good trip?
(a) The cook.
(c) The footman.
2. Which of Boris' books does Nina mention?
(a) Women and men.
(b) Morning and evenings.
(c) Pubs and clubs.
(d) Days and Nights.
3. Who does Arkadina give three rubles to?
(c) The servants.
4. What is the title of Sorin's story idea?
(a) Life is Nothing But Man.
(b) The Man Who Forgot Everything.
(c) The Man Who Wished.
(d) Feelings of an Awkward boy.
5. Who are Treplief and Paulina carrying bed linen for?
6. Who pays Constantine for his stories?
7. What does Nina say she has not done for two years?
(b) Fallen in love.
8. What does Treplieff ask his mother to change for him?
(a) His socks.
(b) His bandage.
(c) His pants.
(d) His shoes.
9. What does Arkadina say it looks like Treplieff has on his head?
(a) A helmet.
(c) A hat.
(d) A turban.
10. Where could Sorin spend a whole year if Arkadina gave him 1000 rubles?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In St. Petersburg.
(c) In town.
(d) In the village.
11. Which of the servants says "God bless" to Arkadina?
(b) The Cook.
(d) The footman.
12. What does Trigorin tell Jacob to give away?
(a) His wine.
(b) His cigarettes.
(c) His car.
(d) His books.
13. Why does Arkadina think that Constantine shot himself?
(c) Unrequitted love.
(d) Lack of confidence.
14. What hotel does Trigorin tell Nina to go to?
(a) Hotel Lenin.
(b) Hotel Red Star.
(c) Hotel Slavianski Bazar.
(d) Hotel Golden Bear.
15. What dose Arkadina say is the last chapter of her life?
(a) Her move to Hollywood.
(b) Her need for another child.
(c) Her love for her son.
(d) Her love for Boris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal is Trigorin eating?
2. Where does Trigorin say he has left his cane?
3. What does Arkadina say has intoxicated Trigorin?
4. What has Sorin's old sitting room been converted into?
5. What game do the characters play?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)