|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treplieff say his mother should untie?
(a) Her toes.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her tongue.
(d) Her purse-strings.
2. What reason does Medviedenko give for going home?
(a) The nanny is tired.
(b) They need to go to the shop.
(c) They need to wake up early.
(d) The baby is hungry.
3. What dose Arkadina say is the last chapter of her life?
(a) Her love for Boris.
(b) Her move to Hollywood.
(c) Her need for another child.
(d) Her love for her son.
4. What does Dorn say the fear of death is?
(a) God's will.
(b) An animal passion.
(c) A human weakness.
5. What city does Nina say she is going to?
(c) St. Petersburg.
6. What does Medievenko say Dorn is rich enough to scatter money to?
(a) His mice.
(b) His rats.
(c) His chickens.
(d) His dogs.
7. What does Arkadina say Triplieff enjoys doing?
(a) Saying unpleasant things.
(b) Causing trouble.
(d) Making her feel bad.
8. What did Medviedenko think he heard in the theater the previous night?
(b) A voice.
(c) A key.
(d) A rat.
9. What does Trigorin say Constantine's writing verges on?
10. What meal is Trigorin eating?
11. Which of Boris' books does Nina mention?
(a) Morning and evenings.
(b) Women and men.
(c) Pubs and clubs.
(d) Days and Nights.
12. Where has Arkadina gone?
(a) The train station.
(b) The shop.
(d) The coffee house.
13. Who does Arkadina give three rubles to?
(b) The servants.
14. What has Sorin's old sitting room been converted into?
(a) A dining room.
(b) A writing room.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) A games room.
15. What does Arkadina say has intoxicated Trigorin?
(b) His emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jacob carrying?
2. What does Nina say she has in her hand?
3. Which of the servants wishes Akadina a good trip?
4. Why could Sorin never become an orator?
5. Who pays Constantine for his stories?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)