|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Constanine been criticized?
(a) The government.
(b) The Writer's Circle.
(c) The bars in Moscow.
(d) The newspapers.
2. What has Sorin served as for 20 years?
(a) A councillor.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A senator.
(d) A policeman.
3. Why does Arkadina think that Constantine shot himself?
(c) Unrequitted love.
(d) Lack of confidence.
4. What game do the characters play?
5. Where is Nina staying at the moment?
(a) A tent in the village.
(b) A hotel in St. Petersburg.
(c) Trigorin's house.
(d) An inn in the village.
6. What does Trigorin say he has forgotten?
(a) His cane.
(b) His manuscripts.
(c) His fishing rod.
(d) His book.
7. What is Jacob carrying?
(a) A spear.
(b) A trunk.
(c) A gun.
(d) A tray.
8. What does Trigorin say Treplieff is as great a mystery as?
(c) The Man in the Iron Mask.
(d) The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
9. What positive thing does Masha say about the school teacher?
(a) He is good looking.
(b) He is funny.
(c) He is a good man.
(d) He has money.
10. What does Dorn say the fear of death is?
(a) God's will.
(c) A human weakness.
(d) An animal passion.
11. What does Arkadina say she has not got?
12. What does Jacob ask Trigorin if he should pack?
(a) His guns.
(b) His boots.
(c) His winter clothes.
(d) His fishing rods.
13. Where does Masha say is the only place to find hopeless love?
(b) The theater.
(c) The movies.
14. What do Paulina and Arkadina put in the middle of the room?
(a) A statue.
(b) A coffee table.
(c) A May pole.
(d) A card table.
15. Which of the servants wishes Akadina a good trip?
(c) The cook.
(d) The footman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Nina and Treplieff keep in contact?
2. What has Sorin's old sitting room been converted into?
3. Where did Sorin wish to live?
4. What does Masha say women do in secret?
5. What does Trigorin tell Jacob to give away?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)