|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Treplieff challenged Trigorin to?
(a) A duel.
(b) A car race.
(c) A card game.
(d) A croquet game.
2. Who have Nina's father and stepfather hired to keep Nina away from their estate?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A footman.
(c) A watchman.
(d) A pack of dogs.
3. Why could Sorin never become an orator?
(a) He has asthma.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He speaks badly.
(d) He gets too nervous.
4. What theater did Nina make her debut at?
(a) The Summer Theater in Moscow.
(b) The New Theater in Moscow.
(c) The Spring Theater in Moscow.
(d) The Limpet Theater in Moscow.
5. What does Nina say she has in her hand?
(a) A pea.
(b) An apple.
(c) A key.
(d) A coin.
6. How do Nina and Treplieff keep in contact?
(a) Through the telephone.
(b) Through telegrams.
(c) Through letters.
(d) They don't.
7. What does Trigorin say brings happiness on earth?
8. Who pays Constantine for his stories?
9. What does Arkadina say Trepliff could not write?
(a) A list.
(b) A one act.
(c) Music hall farce.
(d) A Hollywood film.
10. What is Jacob carrying?
(a) A gun.
(b) A trunk.
(c) A tray.
(d) A spear.
11. What does Nina give Trigorin to remember her by?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A medallion.
(c) A trophy.
(d) A photograph.
12. What has Constantine never created in any of his stories?
(a) An old character.
(b) A living character.
(c) A female character.
(d) A male character.
13. What does Sorin drink to make himself feel better?
14. What does Trigorin say Treplieff is as great a mystery as?
(b) The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
(c) The Man in the Iron Mask.
15. What does Medviedenko think should be knocked down?
(a) The old theater.
(b) The old cinema.
(c) The old wash house.
(d) The old coffee shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mediedenko say costs seventy kopecks?
2. Where does Nina want to travel to?
3. What does Jacob ask Trigorin if he should pack?
4. What does Arkadina say she is not?
5. What is Medviedenko's job?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)