|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Masha say is the only place to find hopeless love?
(b) The movies.
(d) The theater.
2. What does Mediedenko say costs seventy kopecks?
3. What does Arkadina say Trepliff could not write?
(a) A one act.
(b) Music hall farce.
(c) A list.
(d) A Hollywood film.
4. Where is Nina staying at the moment?
(a) A hotel in St. Petersburg.
(b) Trigorin's house.
(c) A tent in the village.
(d) An inn in the village.
5. What does Treplieff call the plays Arkadina stars in?
(a) Clear as mud.
(d) Ditch water.
6. What city does Nina say she is going to?
(c) St. Petersburg.
7. Why could Sorin never become an orator?
(a) He has asthma.
(b) He speaks badly.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He gets too nervous.
8. What does Medviedenko say the theater is as naked and hideous as?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) An animal.
(c) An actress.
(d) A newborn baby.
9. What does Trigorin say Constantine's writing verges on?
10. What does Trigorin say Treplieff is as great a mystery as?
(b) The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
(d) The Man in the Iron Mask.
11. What city does Sorin say he is going to?
(c) St. Petersburg.
12. What theater did Nina make her debut at?
(a) The Limpet Theater in Moscow.
(b) The Spring Theater in Moscow.
(c) The New Theater in Moscow.
(d) The Summer Theater in Moscow.
13. What hotel does Trigorin tell Nina to go to?
(a) Hotel Slavianski Bazar.
(b) Hotel Golden Bear.
(c) Hotel Red Star.
(d) Hotel Lenin.
14. What does Arkadina say she is not?
(a) A martyr.
(b) An actress.
(c) A banker.
(d) A comedian.
15. Which of the following did the students not send Arkadina?
(b) A wreath.
(c) A booch.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Sorin's story idea?
2. What does Treplieff ask his mother to change for him?
3. What does Medviedenko think should be knocked down?
4. Who are Treplief and Paulina carrying bed linen for?
5. Which of the servants says "God bless" to Arkadina?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)