|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arkadina say has intoxicated Trigorin?
(b) His emotions.
2. What does Medviedenko think should be knocked down?
(a) The old coffee shop.
(b) The old theater.
(c) The old cinema.
(d) The old wash house.
3. What game do the characters play?
4. Where does Nina want to travel to?
5. What does Medviedenko say the theater is as naked and hideous as?
(a) A newborn baby.
(b) An actress.
(c) An animal.
(d) A skeleton.
6. What does Treplieff ask his mother to change for him?
(a) His socks.
(b) His pants.
(c) His bandage.
(d) His shoes.
7. What has Constantine never created in any of his stories?
(a) A male character.
(b) A female character.
(c) An old character.
(d) A living character.
8. What positive thing does Masha say about the school teacher?
(a) He is funny.
(b) He is good looking.
(c) He has money.
(d) He is a good man.
9. What does Nina give Trigorin to remember her by?
(a) A medallion.
(b) A trophy.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A photograph.
10. What does Medviedenko say Masha's father will not give him?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A car.
11. What city did Dorn like the best?
12. What do Paulina and Arkadina put in the middle of the room?
(a) A statue.
(b) A card table.
(c) A May pole.
(d) A coffee table.
13. What does Nina say she has in her hand?
(a) A pea.
(b) An apple.
(c) A key.
(d) A coin.
14. Where has Constanine been criticized?
(a) The newspapers.
(b) The Writer's Circle.
(c) The bars in Moscow.
(d) The government.
15. Where could Sorin spend a whole year if Arkadina gave him 1000 rubles?
(a) In Moscow.
(b) In the village.
(c) In St. Petersburg.
(d) In town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Sorin's story idea?
2. Who does Arkadina say is late?
3. Who are Treplief and Paulina carrying bed linen for?
4. What does Nina say she has not done for two years?
5. What meal is Trigorin eating?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)