|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Arkadina say is a celebrity?
2. Why does Nina say she cannot understand Treplieff?
(a) He is too different to her.
(b) She is too simple.
(c) He does not want to be understood.
(d) She does not want to understand him.
3. What does Nina say is wonderful?
(a) The city.
(b) The lake.
(c) The world.
(d) The countryside.
4. What would Nina devote her whole life to if she was a writer?
(a) The Russian people.
(c) The truth.
(d) The rights of women.
5. Which character criticizes Treplieff's play?
6. What does Arkadina want to listen to?
(a) The singing.
(b) The television.
(c) The radio.
(d) The play.
7. What does Sorin say Arkadina should not handle so roughly?
(a) Young love.
(b) Youthful sensitivity.
(c) A masterpiece.
(d) Youthful egoism.
8. Where did Sorin serve for 28 years?
(a) The Police Department.
(b) The Department of Secrets.
(c) The Department of Justice.
(d) The Fire Department.
9. Who does Trepleff say watches Nina closely?
(a) Her mother and stepfather.
(b) Her brothers.
(c) Her father and sister.
(d) Her cousins.
10. What is Sorin having an attack of?
11. What does Sorin want Masha's father to leave unchained?
(a) The dog.
(b) The duck.
(c) The cat.
(d) The bull.
12. What is the title of the book Arkadina is reading?
(a) Under the Bridge.
(b) The Idiot.
(c) The Golden Arm.
(d) On the Water.
13. Who does Treplieff say he loves?
(d) His mother.
14. What does Treplieff say a woman can never forgive?
(a) A lie
15. What does Nina say she always thought famous writers always despised?
(a) The common crowd.
(b) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Treplieff carrying along with the seagull?
2. What does Treplieff use to tap the door?
3. What does Treplieff say sometimes speaks in his heart?
4. What does Masha say happiness does not depend on?
5. What does Pauline say she is tortured by?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)