|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pauline say she is tortured by?
(a) The devil.
(d) Her husband.
2. What does the dog so when it is chained up?
3. What does Aradina smoke?
(a) A pipe.
4. What is Nina seated upon?
(a) A table.
(b) A car.
(c) A bench.
(d) A rock.
5. What kind of tea does Dorn suggest they give Madame Akadina and Sorin?
(a) Nettle tea.
(c) Green tea.
(d) Earl Grey.
6. What does Arkadina say she smells?
7. What does Treplieff say sometimes speaks in his heart?
8. Who does Sorinn say was unable to sleep during the night?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His nephew.
9. Why does Paulina want Dorn to put his hat back on?
(a) He looks handsome.
(b) He looks sophisticated.
(c) He can cover his bald patch.
(d) He will catch cold.
10. Why is Treplieff's play so hard to act in?
(a) It has no living characters.
(b) It is cliched.
(c) It has to be performed in the dark.
(d) The dialogue is hard to speak.
11. What would Nina devote her whole life to if she was a writer?
(b) The rights of women.
(c) The truth.
(d) The Russian people.
12. What does Treplieff use to tap the door?
(a) A spoon.
(b) His fingers.
(c) A stick.
(d) His foot.
13. Where does Arkadina say she would be rather sitting alone?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) Her study.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) A library.
14. What does Arkadina say it is a crime for Nina to do?
(a) Hide herself in the countryside.
(b) Marry a no good writer like her son.
(c) Marry young.
(d) Act in such an awful play.
15. What kind of life does Treplieff think his mother leads?
(a) An ugly life.
(b) A fun life.
(c) A serious life.
(d) A stupid life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arkadina say it is Nina's duty to do?
2. Who does Arkadina say she is uneasy about?
3. Where did Sorin serve for 28 years?
4. Who does Nina say writes beautiful stories?
5. What does Trigorin have to leave to do?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)