|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of people does Masha think are often happy?
(a) Rich people.
(b) Poor people.
(c) Married couples.
2. What does Trigorin have to leave to do?
3. Why is Nina late?
(a) She had to stay back at school.
(b) She has hurt her foot,
(c) She was ill.
(d) She had to beg her father to let her come.
4. What does Arkadina say it is a crime for Nina to do?
(a) Act in such an awful play.
(b) Marry young.
(c) Hide herself in the countryside.
(d) Marry a no good writer like her son.
5. Why is Treplieff's play so hard to act in?
(a) It is cliched.
(b) The dialogue is hard to speak.
(c) It has to be performed in the dark.
(d) It has no living characters.
6. What is Dorn's job?
(a) A priest.
(b) A gigolo.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
7. Which character does Arkadina say is a celebrity?
8. What is Sorin having an attack of?
9. What does Sorin want Masha's father to leave unchained?
(a) The duck.
(b) The cat.
(c) The bull.
(d) The dog.
10. What is the title of the book Arkadina is reading?
(a) The Idiot.
(b) The Golden Arm.
(c) Under the Bridge.
(d) On the Water.
11. What Shakespeare play does Arkandina quote from?
(a) The Merchant of Venice.
(d) Midsummer Night's Dream.
12. What does Trigorin say is all he is fit to describe?
(a) City life.
13. What does Arkadina say it is Nina's duty to do?
(a) Direct a play.
(b) Go on stage.
(c) Marry her son.
(d) Start a family.
14. Which two Russian writers does Trigorin mention?
(a) Gogol and Gorky.
(b) Chekov and Bulgakov.
(c) Pushkin and Dostoevsky.
(d) Turgenev and Tolstoy.
15. Who does Nina say writes beautiful stories?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trigorin say has made him giddy?
2. What does Arkadina say she smells?
3. Who does Arkadina say she is uneasy about?
4. Who does Sorinn say was unable to sleep during the night?
5. Which character criticizes Treplieff's play?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)