|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sorin use to walk?
(a) A plank.
(b) A cane.
(c) A bannister.
(d) A walker.
2. Who does Arkadina say she is uneasy about?
3. What does Trigorin say has made him giddy?
(a) Sitting in the sun.
(b) Writing too much.
(c) The fumes from his brain.
(d) Nina's conversation.
4. What does Paulina do with the flowers that Nina gives Dorn?
(a) Puts them in a vase.
(b) Stamps on the them.
(c) Throws them at Nina.
(d) Tears them up.
5. Which two Russian writers does Trigorin mention?
(a) Pushkin and Dostoevsky.
(b) Turgenev and Tolstoy.
(c) Gogol and Gorky.
(d) Chekov and Bulgakov.
6. What is Treplieff's mother's job?
(a) A waitress.
(b) An actress.
(c) A singer.
(d) A writer.
7. What does Treplieff use to tap the door?
(a) His fingers.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A stick.
(d) His foot.
8. What does Pauline say she is tortured by?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The devil.
9. Why does Nina say she cannot understand Treplieff?
(a) She does not want to understand him.
(b) He is too different to her.
(c) He does not want to be understood.
(d) She is too simple.
10. What does Trigorin have to leave to do?
11. What kind of tea does Dorn suggest they give Madame Akadina and Sorin?
(a) Nettle tea.
(b) Green tea.
(d) Earl Grey.
12. What animal does Trigorin say he races and dodges like?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A snake.
(c) A fox.
(d) A hedgehog.
13. What does Arkadina say it is a crime for Nina to do?
(a) Marry young.
(b) Act in such an awful play.
(c) Hide herself in the countryside.
(d) Marry a no good writer like her son.
14. Who does Trigorin say he does not like?
15. Who does Sorin say has never liked him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dorn's first name?
2. What does Treplieff lay by Nina's feet?
3. What is Treplieff carrying along with the seagull?
4. What does Treplieff say a woman can never forgive?
5. What does the dog so when it is chained up?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)