|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shamraeff's position on the estate?
2. What does Akadina say she never likes to look into?
(a) The future.
(b) A book.
(c) Someone's bedroom.
(d) The past.
3. Why does Aradina say she looks so young?
(a) She is always busy.
(b) She eats good food.
(c) She loves life.
(d) She loves men.
4. Who does Arkadina say she is uneasy about?
5. Who does Nina call a genius?
6. What does Pauline say she is tortured by?
(b) The devil.
(d) Her husband.
7. What does Sorin say City streets are full of?
(a) Pretty girls.
8. Which two Russian writers does Trigorin mention?
(a) Turgenev and Tolstoy.
(b) Gogol and Gorky.
(c) Chekov and Bulgakov.
(d) Pushkin and Dostoevsky.
9. What is the title of the book Arkadina is reading?
(a) Under the Bridge.
(b) On the Water.
(c) The Idiot.
(d) The Golden Arm.
10. What does Dorn say destroys the individual?
(a) Tea and coffee.
(b) Wine and tobacco.
(c) Beer and cheese.
(d) Cocaine and coffee.
11. What does Trigorin hear calling him?
(a) His writing pad.
(b) His chair.
(c) His bed.
(d) His desk.
12. Who is 55-years-old?
13. What is Treplieff carrying along with the seagull?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A gun.
(c) A book.
(d) A knife.
14. Who does Sorin say has never liked him?
15. What does Arkadina want to listen to?
(a) The play.
(b) The television.
(c) The singing.
(d) The radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dorn's first name?
2. Why is Treplieff's play so hard to act in?
3. What does Nina say it is strange to see a famous actress doing?
4. What is Dorn's job?
5. What does Arkadina want her son to spare her?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)