|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Aradina want to travel to?
(d) St. Petersburg.
2. Who calls Boris from the house?
3. What does Treplieff use to tap the door?
(a) A stick.
(b) His foot.
(c) A spoon.
(d) His fingers.
4. Why is Treplieff's play so hard to act in?
(a) The dialogue is hard to speak.
(b) It has to be performed in the dark.
(c) It has no living characters.
(d) It is cliched.
5. What does Masha say happiness does not depend on?
6. Which two Russian writers does Trigorin mention?
(a) Pushkin and Dostoevsky.
(b) Gogol and Gorky.
(c) Chekov and Bulgakov.
(d) Turgenev and Tolstoy.
7. What does Nina say Boris has been spoiled by?
(a) His fortune.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His success.
8. What kind of tea does Dorn suggest they give Madame Akadina and Sorin?
(a) Earl Grey.
(b) Green tea.
(c) Nettle tea.
9. Who does Treplieff say he loves?
(d) His mother.
10. Who does Arkadina say she is not?
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Mary Magdelene.
11. Who does Arkadina ask the doctor to compare her looks to?
12. What would Nina devote her whole life to if she was a writer?
(a) The rights of women.
(c) The Russian people.
(d) The truth.
13. What does Pauline say the men are ready to go down on their knees to?
(a) A model.
(b) An actress.
(c) A writer.
(d) A statue.
14. Why does Aradina say she looks so young?
(a) She is always busy.
(b) She loves life.
(c) She loves men.
(d) She eats good food.
15. Who does Sorinn say was unable to sleep during the night?
(a) His sister.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Shakespeare play does Arkandina quote from?
2. What does Arkadina want Sahmraeff to order for her?
3. What is Dorn's first name?
4. What kind of life does Treplieff think his mother leads?
5. What season does Arkadina say she is usually insulted in?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)