|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trigorin say he is left behind like?
(a) A seagull.
(b) A peasant.
(c) A crow.
(d) A soldier.
2. Which character does Arkadina say is a celebrity?
3. What color does Masha dress in?
4. Which character criticizes Treplieff's play?
5. What does Treplieff lay by Nina's feet?
(a) A dead seagull.
(b) A dead sparrow.
(c) A dead snake.
(d) A dead fish.
6. What does Trigorin say has made him giddy?
(a) Nina's conversation.
(b) Writing too much.
(c) Sitting in the sun.
(d) The fumes from his brain.
7. What does Boris say he loves doing?
(b) Eating out.
(c) Dressing up.
8. What does Sorin say Arkadina should not handle so roughly?
(a) Youthful sensitivity.
(b) Youthful egoism.
(c) A masterpiece.
(d) Young love.
9. What does Nina give Dorn?
10. What does Paulina do with the flowers that Nina gives Dorn?
(a) Puts them in a vase.
(b) Tears them up.
(c) Throws them at Nina.
(d) Stamps on the them.
11. What does Arkadina want her son to spare her?
(a) His love.
(b) His pretentiousness.
(c) His nonsense.
(d) His hate.
12. What kind of people does Masha think are often happy?
(a) Poor people.
(b) Rich people.
(c) Married couples.
13. Why is Nina late?
(a) She had to beg her father to let her come.
(b) She has hurt her foot,
(c) She was ill.
(d) She had to stay back at school.
14. What does Arkadina say it is a crime for Nina to do?
(a) Marry young.
(b) Act in such an awful play.
(c) Marry a no good writer like her son.
(d) Hide herself in the countryside.
15. What does Trigorin say makes him happy?
(a) Critics praising him.
(b) Finishing a novel.
(c) His mother phoning him.
(d) Children singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Trepleff say watches Nina closely?
2. Who does Sorin say has never liked him?
3. What kind of tea does Dorn suggest they give Madame Akadina and Sorin?
4. Who does Nina call a genius?
5. What is Dorn's job?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)