|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shamraeff ask Jacob to do?
(a) Raise the curtain.
(b) Find a horse.
(c) Go to the shop.
(d) Set the table.
2. Where does Sorin say it is pleasanter to live?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The town.
(c) The city.
(d) The mountains.
3. What does Arkadina want her son to spare her?
(a) His pretentiousness.
(b) His nonsense.
(c) His love.
(d) His hate.
4. Who does Sorin say has never liked him?
5. What does Trigorin say makes him happy?
(a) His mother phoning him.
(b) Children singing.
(c) Critics praising him.
(d) Finishing a novel.
6. What does Sorin drink with his dinner?
7. What does Nina say it is strange seeing a famous author doing?
8. Which character does Arkadina say is a celebrity?
9. What does Pauline say she is tortured by?
(b) The devil.
(c) Her husband.
10. Who calls Boris from the house?
11. Why does Paulina want Dorn to put his hat back on?
(a) He can cover his bald patch.
(b) He looks sophisticated.
(c) He will catch cold.
(d) He looks handsome.
12. What does Shamraeff say Arkadina does not know?
(a) How to run a farm.
(b) How to fall in love.
(c) How to act.
(d) How to ride a horse.
13. What does Treplieff wish his mother was?
(a) A serious woman.
(b) An ordinary woman.
(c) A lucky woman.
(d) A fun loving woman.
14. What does Masha say happiness does not depend on?
15. What does Sorin use to walk?
(a) A cane.
(b) A plank.
(c) A walker.
(d) A bannister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nina say she cannot understand Treplieff?
2. What does Trigorin have to leave to do?
3. What kind of people does Masha think are often happy?
4. Who does Trigorin say he does not like?
5. Who does Arkadina say she is not?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)