|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina give Dorn?
2. What does Treplieff wish his mother was?
(a) A lucky woman.
(b) A fun loving woman.
(c) An ordinary woman.
(d) A serious woman.
3. What does Nina say she always thought famous writers always despised?
(a) The government.
(c) The common crowd.
4. Which two Russian writers does Trigorin mention?
(a) Pushkin and Dostoevsky.
(b) Gogol and Gorky.
(c) Chekov and Bulgakov.
(d) Turgenev and Tolstoy.
5. What does Arkadina want Sahmraeff to order for her?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A horse.
(c) A book.
(d) A bicycle.
6. What does Treplieff threaten to do?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Burn his manuscripts.
(c) Run away.
(d) Marry Masha.
7. Where does Sorin say it is pleasanter to live?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The city.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The town.
8. What season does Arkadina say she is usually insulted in?
9. Who does Arkadina ask the doctor to compare her looks to?
10. Why does Paulina say Dorn cannot escape from women?
(a) He is too sensitive.
(b) He is too handsome.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is funny.
11. What does Sorin drink with his dinner?
12. What does Trigorin say has made him giddy?
(a) The fumes from his brain.
(b) Sitting in the sun.
(c) Writing too much.
(d) Nina's conversation.
13. How does Masha describe the air?
14. What does Aradina smoke?
(b) A pipe.
15. Who does Trigorin say he does not like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sorin serve for 28 years?
2. What would Nina devote her whole life to if she was a writer?
3. What does Sorin say City streets are full of?
4. What is Nina seated upon?
5. What does Arkadina say it is a crime for Nina to do?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)