|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Masha say happiness does not depend on?
2. What is Nina seated upon?
(a) A table.
(b) A rock.
(c) A bench.
(d) A car.
3. What does Paulina tell Dorn to put back on?
(a) His hat.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His shirt.
(d) His pants.
4. Which two Russian writers does Trigorin mention?
(a) Turgenev and Tolstoy.
(b) Chekov and Bulgakov.
(c) Gogol and Gorky.
(d) Pushkin and Dostoevsky.
5. What does Nina say it is strange seeing a famous author doing?
6. What does Treplieff threaten to do?
(a) Marry Masha.
(b) Run away.
(c) Burn his manuscripts.
(d) Kill himself.
7. What color does Masha dress in?
8. What does Trigorin have to leave to do?
9. What does the dog so when it is chained up?
10. What does Pauline say she is tortured by?
(a) The devil.
(c) Her husband.
11. What does Aradina smoke?
(d) A pipe.
12. Why does Paulina want Dorn to put his hat back on?
(a) He can cover his bald patch.
(b) He looks sophisticated.
(c) He will catch cold.
(d) He looks handsome.
13. Who calls Boris from the house?
14. What does Arkadina say it is Nina's duty to do?
(a) Direct a play.
(b) Start a family.
(c) Marry her son.
(d) Go on stage.
15. What does Nina say Boris has been spoiled by?
(a) His fortune.
(b) His success.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Nina's mother and stepfather gone out to do?
2. What does Sorin use to walk?
3. What will happen at 8.30 pm?
4. What does Sorin say City streets are full of?
5. Why is Treplieff's play so hard to act in?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)