|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boris say he loves doing?
(a) Dressing up.
(c) Eating out.
2. Which of the following does Trigorin not say it is his duty to write about?
(a) The future.
(c) The rights of man.
3. What does Treplieff say sometimes speaks in his heart?
4. What does Nina say she always thought famous writers always despised?
(b) The government.
(d) The common crowd.
5. What does Shamraeff say Arkadina does not know?
(a) How to run a farm.
(b) How to fall in love.
(c) How to act.
(d) How to ride a horse.
6. What will happen at 8.30 pm?
(a) The play will start.
(b) Dinner will be served.
(c) The guests will arrive.
(d) The play will finish.
7. Where does Arkadina say she would be rather sitting alone?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) Her study.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) A library.
8. What have Nina's mother and stepfather gone out to do?
9. Who does Trepleff say watches Nina closely?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) Her mother and stepfather.
(c) Her cousins.
(d) Her father and sister.
10. What does Treplieff say a woman can never forgive?
(a) A lie
11. What does Nina say Boris has been spoiled by?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His success.
(d) His fortune.
12. Where does Sorin say it is pleasanter to live?
(a) The town.
(b) The countryside.
(c) The city.
(d) The mountains.
13. What does Aradina smoke?
(b) A pipe.
14. Why does Paulina want Dorn to put his hat back on?
(a) He will catch cold.
(b) He looks handsome.
(c) He can cover his bald patch.
(d) He looks sophisticated.
15. What city does Aradina want to travel to?
(b) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treplieff use to tap the door?
2. What does Pauline say the men are ready to go down on their knees to?
3. What does Trigorin hear calling him?
4. Who does Trigorin say he does not like?
5. What does Treplieff say frightens his mother to death?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)