|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina say she always thought famous writers always despised?
(a) The common crowd.
(b) The government.
2. What does Treplieff say a woman can never forgive?
(a) A lie
3. What does Dorn say destroys the individual?
(a) Cocaine and coffee.
(b) Wine and tobacco.
(c) Tea and coffee.
(d) Beer and cheese.
4. What does Trigorin say he is left behind like?
(a) A crow.
(b) A peasant.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A seagull.
5. What is Nina seated upon?
(a) A bench.
(b) A rock.
(c) A car.
(d) A table.
6. What does Arkadina want her son to spare her?
(a) His hate.
(b) His love.
(c) His pretentiousness.
(d) His nonsense.
7. What does Arkadina say she smells?
8. Who does Arkadina say she is uneasy about?
9. What animal does Trigorin say he races and dodges like?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A snake.
(c) A fox.
(d) A hedgehog.
10. What does Trigorin say is all he is fit to describe?
(d) City life.
11. Who does Sorin say has never liked him?
12. What does Nina give Dorn?
13. Why does Aradina say she looks so young?
(a) She is always busy.
(b) She eats good food.
(c) She loves life.
(d) She loves men.
14. What does Trigorin say has made him giddy?
(a) The fumes from his brain.
(b) Sitting in the sun.
(c) Writing too much.
(d) Nina's conversation.
15. Why does Nina say she cannot understand Treplieff?
(a) She is too simple.
(b) She does not want to understand him.
(c) He does not want to be understood.
(d) He is too different to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina say Boris has been spoiled by?
2. How does Masha describe the air?
3. What does Nina say it is strange seeing a famous author doing?
4. What does Pauline say she is tortured by?
5. What does Trigorin hear calling him?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)