|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tea does Dorn suggest they give Madame Akadina and Sorin?
(a) Green tea.
(b) Nettle tea.
(c) Earl Grey.
2. What will happen at 8.30 pm?
(a) The play will start.
(b) The guests will arrive.
(c) Dinner will be served.
(d) The play will finish.
3. What does Arkadina want Sahmraeff to order for her?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A book.
(c) A horse.
(d) A carriage.
4. Who does Arkadina say she is uneasy about?
5. Why does Nina say she cannot understand Treplieff?
(a) He is too different to her.
(b) She is too simple.
(c) He does not want to be understood.
(d) She does not want to understand him.
6. What does Pauline say the men are ready to go down on their knees to?
(a) A statue.
(b) A writer.
(c) An actress.
(d) A model.
7. What is Dorn's job?
(a) A priest.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A gigolo.
8. What does Arkadina want her son to spare her?
(a) His hate.
(b) His pretentiousness.
(c) His love.
(d) His nonsense.
9. Where does Shamraeff rememebr Silva singing?
(a) The Shakespeare Theater.
(b) The Kew Gardens.
(c) The Opera House.
(d) The Pavillion.
10. What is Sorin having an attack of?
11. What would Nina devote her whole life to if she was a writer?
(b) The truth.
(c) The Russian people.
(d) The rights of women.
12. What does Sorin want Masha's father to leave unchained?
(a) The duck.
(b) The bull.
(c) The dog.
(d) The cat.
13. Which two Russian writers does Trigorin mention?
(a) Gogol and Gorky.
(b) Chekov and Bulgakov.
(c) Turgenev and Tolstoy.
(d) Pushkin and Dostoevsky.
14. Who does Nina say writes beautiful stories?
15. Where does Sorin say it is pleasanter to live?
(a) The town.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The countryside.
(d) The city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trigorin say has made him giddy?
2. What does Nina say it is strange seeing a famous author doing?
3. What Shakespeare play does Arkandina quote from?
4. What does Akadina say she never likes to look into?
5. What does Nina say she always thought famous writers always despised?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)