|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Nina devote her whole life to if she was a writer?
(b) The truth.
(c) The rights of women.
(d) The Russian people.
2. What will happen at 8.30 pm?
(a) Dinner will be served.
(b) The guests will arrive.
(c) The play will start.
(d) The play will finish.
3. Why does Nina say she cannot understand Treplieff?
(a) He is too different to her.
(b) He does not want to be understood.
(c) She does not want to understand him.
(d) She is too simple.
4. What does Masha say has gone to sleep?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her shoulder.
(c) Her foot.
(d) Her head.
5. What does Aradina smoke?
(a) A pipe.
6. Who does Nina call a genius?
7. What does Arkadina want Sahmraeff to order for her?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A book.
(d) A horse.
8. What does Treplieff say he would be if his mother was an ordinary woman?
(a) A rounded man.
(b) A lucky man.
(c) A serious man.
(d) A happier man.
9. What city does Aradina want to travel to?
(a) St. Petersburg.
10. Where does Arkadina say she would be rather sitting alone?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) A library.
(c) Her study.
(d) A hotel room.
11. What does Nina say Boris has been spoiled by?
(a) His fortune.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His success.
12. What does Nina say she always thought famous writers always despised?
(c) The common crowd.
(d) The government.
13. Who does Arkadina say she is uneasy about?
14. What kind of people does Masha think are often happy?
(a) Married couples.
(b) Poor people.
(c) Rich people.
15. What Shakespeare play does Arkandina quote from?
(a) Midsummer Night's Dream.
(c) The Merchant of Venice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sorin drink with his dinner?
2. Which of the following animals does Nina not mention in her monologue?
3. What is Shamraeff's position on the estate?
4. What is Dorn's first name?
5. Who does Arkadina ask the doctor to compare her looks to?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)