|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shamraeff ask Jacob to do?
(a) Go to the shop.
(b) Set the table.
(c) Raise the curtain.
(d) Find a horse.
2. Which of the following does Trigorin not say it is his duty to write about?
(a) The rights of man.
(c) The future.
3. What does the dog so when it is chained up?
4. What does Trigorin say has made him giddy?
(a) Writing too much.
(b) The fumes from his brain.
(c) Nina's conversation.
(d) Sitting in the sun.
5. What does Masha say has gone to sleep?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her shoulder.
(d) Her foot.
6. Where does Shamraeff rememebr Silva singing?
(a) The Opera House.
(b) The Kew Gardens.
(c) The Shakespeare Theater.
(d) The Pavillion.
7. Where does Sorin say it is pleasanter to live?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The city.
(d) The town.
8. Why is Treplieff's play so hard to act in?
(a) It has no living characters.
(b) It has to be performed in the dark.
(c) The dialogue is hard to speak.
(d) It is cliched.
9. Who does Nina say writes beautiful stories?
10. Which of the following animals does Nina not mention in her monologue?
11. What does Aradina smoke?
(d) A pipe.
12. What does Treplieff threaten to do?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Marry Masha.
(c) Run away.
(d) Burn his manuscripts.
13. Why does Paulina say Dorn cannot escape from women?
(a) He is funny.
(b) He is too handsome.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is too sensitive.
14. What Shakespeare play does Arkandina quote from?
(c) The Merchant of Venice.
(d) Midsummer Night's Dream.
15. Who does Sorinn say was unable to sleep during the night?
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Treplieff say sometimes speaks in his heart?
2. What is the title of the book Arkadina is reading?
3. What is Nina seated upon?
4. Which two Russian writers does Trigorin mention?
5. What does Sorin drink with his dinner?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)