|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Nina's mother and stepfather gone out to do?
2. What animal does Trigorin say he races and dodges like?
(a) A snake.
(b) A hedgehog.
(c) A fox.
(d) A wolf.
3. Where did Sorin serve for 28 years?
(a) The Police Department.
(b) The Department of Secrets.
(c) The Department of Justice.
(d) The Fire Department.
4. What color does Masha dress in?
5. Who does Nina say writes beautiful stories?
6. What does Treplieff use to tap the door?
(a) A stick.
(b) His fingers.
(c) A spoon.
(d) His foot.
7. What does Sorin say Arkadina should not handle so roughly?
(a) Youthful sensitivity.
(b) Young love.
(c) A masterpiece.
(d) Youthful egoism.
8. What does Treplieff say sometimes speaks in his heart?
9. What does Trigorin hear calling him?
(a) His writing pad.
(b) His bed.
(c) His chair.
(d) His desk.
10. What does Boris say he loves doing?
(c) Eating out.
(d) Dressing up.
11. Who does Nina call a genius?
12. What does Arkadina say it is Nina's duty to do?
(a) Go on stage.
(b) Marry her son.
(c) Start a family.
(d) Direct a play.
13. Why does Nina say she cannot understand Treplieff?
(a) She is too simple.
(b) He is too different to her.
(c) He does not want to be understood.
(d) She does not want to understand him.
14. What does Trigorin say makes him happy?
(a) Finishing a novel.
(b) Critics praising him.
(c) His mother phoning him.
(d) Children singing.
15. Where does Sorin say it is pleasanter to live?
(a) The town.
(b) The city.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The countryside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Arkadina say is a celebrity?
2. Why does Aradina say she looks so young?
3. What does Arkadina say it is a crime for Nina to do?
4. What does Treplieff say he would be if his mother was an ordinary woman?
5. What does Treplieff say frightens his mother to death?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)