|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina say it is strange seeing a famous author doing?
2. What is the title of the book Arkadina is reading?
(a) The Idiot.
(b) The Golden Arm.
(c) Under the Bridge.
(d) On the Water.
3. Why does Paulina say Dorn cannot escape from women?
(a) He is funny.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is too sensitive.
(d) He is too handsome.
4. Where does Arkadina say she would be rather sitting alone?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) Her study.
(c) A library.
(d) A hotel room.
5. What does Treplieff say sometimes speaks in his heart?
6. What does Masha say has gone to sleep?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her foot.
(d) Her shoulder.
7. What does Treplieff use to tap the door?
(a) A stick.
(b) A spoon.
(c) His foot.
(d) His fingers.
8. What does Sorin say City streets are full of?
(d) Pretty girls.
9. What does Treplieff wish his mother was?
(a) An ordinary woman.
(b) A fun loving woman.
(c) A lucky woman.
(d) A serious woman.
10. What does Paulina tell Dorn to put back on?
(a) His pants.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His hat.
(d) His shoes.
11. Where does Shamraeff rememebr Silva singing?
(a) The Kew Gardens.
(b) The Pavillion.
(c) The Shakespeare Theater.
(d) The Opera House.
12. What does Arkadina say she smells?
13. Which two Russian writers does Trigorin mention?
(a) Turgenev and Tolstoy.
(b) Gogol and Gorky.
(c) Chekov and Bulgakov.
(d) Pushkin and Dostoevsky.
14. What kind of tea does Dorn suggest they give Madame Akadina and Sorin?
(a) Earl Grey.
(b) Green tea.
(d) Nettle tea.
15. What does Treplieff say he would be if his mother was an ordinary woman?
(a) A serious man.
(b) A happier man.
(c) A lucky man.
(d) A rounded man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nina say she cannot understand Treplieff?
2. Who does Nina call a genius?
3. What does Sorin use to walk?
4. Who calls Boris from the house?
5. What does Paulina do with the flowers that Nina gives Dorn?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)