|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trigorin say is all he is fit to describe?
(d) City life.
2. What is Sorin having an attack of?
3. Why does Nina say she cannot understand Treplieff?
(a) He is too different to her.
(b) He does not want to be understood.
(c) She is too simple.
(d) She does not want to understand him.
4. What does Arkadina say it is Nina's duty to do?
(a) Start a family.
(b) Go on stage.
(c) Direct a play.
(d) Marry her son.
5. What 1973 play does Shamraeff mention?
(a) The Lost Rubees.
(b) People, People.
(c) Poltava Fair.
(d) Lover's Circus.
6. Who does Nina say writes beautiful stories?
7. What is Shamraeff's position on the estate?
8. What have Nina's mother and stepfather gone out to do?
9. What does Trigorin say has made him giddy?
(a) Sitting in the sun.
(b) The fumes from his brain.
(c) Nina's conversation.
(d) Writing too much.
10. What does Nina say it is strange to see a famous actress doing?
11. Which character criticizes Treplieff's play?
12. What does the dog so when it is chained up?
13. What does Dorn say destroys the individual?
(a) Wine and tobacco.
(b) Beer and cheese.
(c) Cocaine and coffee.
(d) Tea and coffee.
14. Why is Nina late?
(a) She had to stay back at school.
(b) She was ill.
(c) She has hurt her foot,
(d) She had to beg her father to let her come.
15. What does Treplieff say he would be if his mother was an ordinary woman?
(a) A rounded man.
(b) A serious man.
(c) A lucky man.
(d) A happier man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Shamraeff rememebr Silva singing?
2. What does Trigorin hear calling him?
3. What does Sorin want Masha's father to leave unchained?
4. What kind of people does Masha think are often happy?
5. What color does Masha dress in?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)