|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two Russian writers does Trigorin mention?
(a) Turgenev and Tolstoy.
(b) Gogol and Gorky.
(c) Pushkin and Dostoevsky.
(d) Chekov and Bulgakov.
2. What does Masha say happiness does not depend on?
3. What does Shamraeff ask Jacob to do?
(a) Set the table.
(b) Find a horse.
(c) Raise the curtain.
(d) Go to the shop.
4. Which of the following does Trigorin not say it is his duty to write about?
(a) The rights of man.
(b) The future.
5. What does Sorin use to walk?
(a) A cane.
(b) A walker.
(c) A bannister.
(d) A plank.
6. Who does Nina say writes beautiful stories?
7. What does Treplieff say a woman can never forgive?
(a) A lie
8. What does Akadina say she never likes to look into?
(a) A book.
(b) The past.
(c) Someone's bedroom.
(d) The future.
9. Who does Arkadina say she is uneasy about?
10. Who calls Boris from the house?
11. What does Treplieff say sometimes speaks in his heart?
12. Who does Arkadina ask the doctor to compare her looks to?
13. What does Arkadina say it is Nina's duty to do?
(a) Marry her son.
(b) Direct a play.
(c) Go on stage.
(d) Start a family.
14. What is Sorin having an attack of?
15. What does Pauline say the men are ready to go down on their knees to?
(a) A statue.
(b) A model.
(c) An actress.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Masha not return to Medviedenko?
2. What does Pauline say she is tortured by?
3. What does Nina say it is strange to see a famous actress doing?
4. What does Dorn say destroys the individual?
5. What is Dorn's first name?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)