|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trigorin hear calling him?
(a) His chair.
(b) His desk.
(c) His writing pad.
(d) His bed.
2. Why is Treplieff's play so hard to act in?
(a) It has no living characters.
(b) It is cliched.
(c) It has to be performed in the dark.
(d) The dialogue is hard to speak.
3. What can Masha not return to Medviedenko?
(a) His affection.
(b) His keys.
(c) His hate.
(d) His wallet.
4. What blows behind the stage?
(a) A trombone.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A horn.
(d) A cello.
5. Who calls Boris from the house?
6. What does Trigorin say is all he is fit to describe?
(d) City life.
7. What does Treplieff say frightens his mother to death?
(a) The theater.
(b) The newspapers.
(c) The cinema.
(d) The magazines.
8. What kind of tea does Dorn suggest they give Madame Akadina and Sorin?
(a) Green tea.
(b) Nettle tea.
(d) Earl Grey.
9. What does Trigorin say makes him happy?
(a) His mother phoning him.
(b) Children singing.
(c) Finishing a novel.
(d) Critics praising him.
10. Where does Arkadina say she would be rather sitting alone?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) A library.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) Her study.
11. Which character criticizes Treplieff's play?
12. Who does Arkadina ask the doctor to compare her looks to?
13. What color does Masha dress in?
14. What does Nina give Dorn?
15. Who does Sorin say has never liked him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trigorin say has made him giddy?
2. What does Shamraeff ask Jacob to do?
3. What does Treplieff lay by Nina's feet?
4. What is Treplieff carrying along with the seagull?
5. What does Arkadina say it is Nina's duty to do?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)