|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Treplieff threaten to do?
(a) Burn his manuscripts.
(b) Run away.
(c) Marry Masha.
(d) Kill himself.
2. What does Nina say it is strange seeing a famous author doing?
3. What would Nina devote her whole life to if she was a writer?
(a) The truth.
(c) The rights of women.
(d) The Russian people.
4. What does Trigorin hear calling him?
(a) His writing pad.
(b) His chair.
(c) His desk.
(d) His bed.
5. What city does Aradina want to travel to?
(b) St. Petersburg.
6. What does Sorin say City streets are full of?
(c) Pretty girls.
7. What does Arkadina want Sahmraeff to order for her?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A book.
(d) A carriage.
8. What does Nina say she always thought famous writers always despised?
(a) The common crowd.
(c) The government.
9. What kind of people does Masha think are often happy?
(a) Rich people.
(c) Married couples.
(d) Poor people.
10. What 1973 play does Shamraeff mention?
(a) Poltava Fair.
(b) People, People.
(c) The Lost Rubees.
(d) Lover's Circus.
11. What is Treplieff's mother's job?
(a) A writer.
(b) A singer.
(c) An actress.
(d) A waitress.
12. Why does Paulina say Dorn cannot escape from women?
(a) He is too handsome.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is too sensitive.
(d) He is funny.
13. What does Arkadina say she smells?
14. What does Treplieff use to tap the door?
(a) A stick.
(b) His foot.
(c) A spoon.
(d) His fingers.
15. What does Masha say has gone to sleep?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her shoulder.
(d) Her foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pauline say the men are ready to go down on their knees to?
2. What does Sorin want Masha's father to leave unchained?
3. What does Treplieff say he would be if his mother was an ordinary woman?
4. What is Dorn's first name?
5. What does Treplieff say frightens his mother to death?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)