|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sorin drink with his dinner?
2. Why does Aradina say she looks so young?
(a) She loves life.
(b) She is always busy.
(c) She eats good food.
(d) She loves men.
3. What does Nina say is wonderful?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The world.
(c) The lake.
(d) The city.
4. Who does Arkadina say she is not?
(b) Mary Magdelene.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
5. What does Treplieff say frightens his mother to death?
(a) The newspapers.
(b) The theater.
(c) The cinema.
(d) The magazines.
6. What does Nina say it is strange to see a famous actress doing?
7. Who does Sorinn say was unable to sleep during the night?
(b) His sister.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His brother.
8. What does Aradina smoke?
(b) A pipe.
9. Who does Arkadina say she is uneasy about?
10. Why is Nina late?
(a) She had to beg her father to let her come.
(b) She has hurt her foot,
(c) She was ill.
(d) She had to stay back at school.
11. What blows behind the stage?
(a) A horn.
(b) A cello.
(c) A trombone.
(d) A trumpet.
12. What does Nina say Boris has been spoiled by?
(a) His success.
(b) His fortune.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
13. What does Boris say he loves doing?
(b) Eating out.
(c) Dressing up.
14. What Shakespeare play does Arkandina quote from?
(a) Midsummer Night's Dream.
(d) The Merchant of Venice.
15. What does Pauline say she is tortured by?
(b) The devil.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two Russian writers does Trigorin mention?
2. What does Masha say has gone to sleep?
3. What kind of life does Treplieff think his mother leads?
4. What season does Arkadina say she is usually insulted in?
5. Who does Trigorin say he does not like?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)