|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two Russian writers does Trigorin mention?
(a) Pushkin and Dostoevsky.
(b) Chekov and Bulgakov.
(c) Gogol and Gorky.
(d) Turgenev and Tolstoy.
2. Who does Sorinn say was unable to sleep during the night?
(a) His sister.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His brother.
3. Which of the following animals does Nina not mention in her monologue?
4. What does Pauline say she is tortured by?
(b) The devil.
(d) Her husband.
5. Why is Nina late?
(a) She was ill.
(b) She had to stay back at school.
(c) She had to beg her father to let her come.
(d) She has hurt her foot,
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Arkadina say she would be rather sitting alone?
2. What does Treplieff lay by Nina's feet?
3. Who does Sorin say has never liked him?
4. What does Sorin say Arkadina should not handle so roughly?
5. What Shakespeare play does Arkandina quote from?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)