* It is just past sunset and the characters are preparing to watch a play.
* Masha and Simon Medvedenko stroll the grounds of the estate as they wait for the play to begin. Masha does not return Simon's love for her.
* Masha and Simon discuss the play. It is written by Madam Arkadina's son Constantine and stars his love interest Nina.
* Peter and Constantine enter the grounds of the estate. Constantine is anxious for the play to begin, but at the same is dreading his mother's jealous reaction to Nina's talent.
* Constantine is close to his mother and appreciates her temperament. However, he admits to Peter that he is not happy with her new love interest, the writer Boris Trigorin.
* The guests start to arrive for the play. They include Boris Trigorin, Nina's mother, Madam Arkadina and Yevgeny. The group discuss the lack of great performers in modern...
This section contains 1,312 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)