|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hump take Brewster to her bed?
2. What do the men take along with their usual shot guns?
3. What does the prominence appear to be?
4. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost boats open fire on?
5. What eventually happens to the boat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the Ghost crew's mutiny does not work? How does the mutiny change the story? What do you think would have happened if the crew's mutiny was successful?
Essay Topic 2
Using two examples from the book discuss the following discuss the following statement; Sea-Wolf is an attack on Nietzsche's super-man philosophy.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's plot structure.
1) What is the premise of the novel? Does London stick closely to the premise?
2) What problems do the characters have to solve? How do they solve them?
3) Do you think the book concludes satisfactorily?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)