|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Brewster and Hump do while Brewster blindly tries to catch them?
2. What subject does Larsen turn the conversation to?
3. Who joins Brewster and Larsen for breakfast?
4. How does Hump stop Larsen from destroying his work again?
5. Why did Hump not sleep an in adequate enclosure for so long?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's plot structure.
1) What is the premise of the novel? Does London stick closely to the premise?
2) What problems do the characters have to solve? How do they solve them?
3) Do you think the book concludes satisfactorily?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Hump and Larsen. How do their views differ? Are there any similarities between the two characters? Why do you think they both fall for for Brewster?
Essay Topic 3
In the novel London shows how important it is to work as a member of a team. Discuss the importance of teamwork. What are the differences between leaders and followers? How can a team work well with a variety of individuals? Do you think the crew on the Ghost work well together?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)