|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assists Hump in helping the wounded sailors?
2. Where does Larsen try to capture Hump?
3. How does Hump start a fire?
4. How does the Macedonia respond to the attack?
5. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost crew take over?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is Hump's lack of experience a severe disadvantage when he escapes the Ghost with Brewster?
2. Waht does Hump do once he realizes he holds the power over Larsen?
3. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
4. Do you think Hump is worried about their survival?
5. Describe the islet.
6. How does Ghost's attack on the Macedonia put them on an even keel?
7. How is Hump and Brewster arrival on the islet timely?
8. What happens to Brewster and Hump's boat once they take for the seas?
9. How do you think Hump's love for Brewster help him survive?
10. How is the blind Larsen still a formidable force?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Ghost ship and its layout. Choose one of ship scene from the book and discuss how the setting contributes to the meaning of the scene.
Essay Topic 2
Using two examples from the book discuss the following discuss the following statement; Sea-Wolf is an attack on Nietzsche's super-man philosophy.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what is meant by a materialist and idealist. Which one of the two do you think you are?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)