|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump find Larsen doing during the night?
2. How big is the prominence in circumference?
3. What does Hump discover Larsen doing whilst investigating the ship?
4. What eventually happens to the boat?
5. What does the prominence appear to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. In why has Hump's personal philosophy changed?
2. How does Wolf Larsen make up for his boat's lack of power?
3. Waht does Hump do once he realizes he holds the power over Larsen?
4. In what ways is Hump's lack of experience a severe disadvantage when he escapes the Ghost with Brewster?
5. How is the blind Larsen still a formidable force?
6. Describe the technical detail goes into when Hump erects the shears.
7. Describe Hump's 'rigging effort'?
8. Describe Hump and Brewster's hut.
9. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
10. Do you think Hump is worried about their survival?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is your opinion on seal hunting? Do you think it should be banned?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what is meant by a materialist and idealist. Which one of the two do you think you are?
Essay Topic 3
What difference do you think Brewster's introduction makes to the story? What do you would of happened if Brewster was not introduced into the story?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)