|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears on the ship's companionway?
2. What do Hump and Brewster do for several days after?
3. What do Hump and Brewster decide is their best option?
4. What do Hump and Brewster construct on the ship?
5. What does Hump construct in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the fight between Hump and Larsen in chapter 26
2. Describe the technical detail goes into when Hump erects the shears.
3. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
4. What happens to Brewster and Hump's boat once they take for the seas?
5. Do you think Hump is worried about their survival?
6. How is Hump and Brewster arrival on the islet timely?
7. Waht does Hump do once he realizes he holds the power over Larsen?
8. In why has Hump's personal philosophy changed?
9. In what has Hump gained power over Larsen?
10. Describe Hump's 'rigging effort'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Hump and Larsen. How do their views differ? Are there any similarities between the two characters? Why do you think they both fall for for Brewster?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think the Ghost crew's mutiny does not work? How does the mutiny change the story? What do you think would have happened if the crew's mutiny was successful?
Essay Topic 3
London uses a number characters from different areas of the world including Scandinavia, Hawaii, USA and Britain.
How accurate do you think London's representations of these cultures are? Do you think he subverts stereotypes? Are some representations more negative or positive than others?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)