|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Brewster and Hump decide it is best to do at night?
2. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost crew take over?
3. What mast do Hump and Brewster manage to step?
4. What does Hump despair about?
5. What does Hump spend the next day doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hump's 'rigging effort'?
2. In what way do Hump and Brewster unknowingly fail the now dead Larsen?
3. Describe the technical detail goes into when Hump erects the shears.
4. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
5. How does Hump overcome Larsen's destruction of his work?
6. In why has Hump's personal philosophy changed?
7. How does Wolf Larsen make up for his boat's lack of power?
8. In what does Larsen attempt to kill Hump finish him off?
9. In what ways is Hump's lack of experience a severe disadvantage when he escapes the Ghost with Brewster?
10. Why is Larsen alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is your opinion on seal hunting? Do you think it should be banned?
Essay Topic 2
Imagine you are stranded on a small islet. How do you think you would survive? What would you have done differently to Brewster and Hump?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following statement using two examples from the novel to support your argument: The situations in the novel become increasingly unbelievable.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)