|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Larsen during this time
2. What does hump see ahead?
3. How does Hump start a fire?
4. What has Hump forgotten?
5. What does Brewster see in the distance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hump's thoughts reflect the nature of the long journey?
2. Do you think it is strange that the Ghost appears on tn the shore?
3. Waht does Hump do once he realizes he holds the power over Larsen?
4. In what has Hump gained power over Larsen?
5. Describe the islet.
6. How does Hump learn how to kill the seals?
7. How do you think Hump's love for Brewster help him survive?
8. How does Brewster's prediction that someone is coming go against her character?
9. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
10. How does Ghost's attack on the Macedonia put them on an even keel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagine you are stranded on a small islet. How do you think you would survive? What would you have done differently to Brewster and Hump?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think the Ghost crew's mutiny does not work? How does the mutiny change the story? What do you think would have happened if the crew's mutiny was successful?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what is meant by a materialist and idealist. Which one of the two do you think you are?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)