|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the story finish?
2. How does the Macedonia respond to the attack?
3. Which of the following does Brewster say about Larsen?
4. Where does Larsen try to capture Hump?
5. What do they do when Brewster wakes up?
Essay Topic 1
Describe what is meant by a materialist and idealist. Which one of the two do you think you are?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character of Hump. What do you think the goal of his is? Does his character change as the novel progresses? Do you think Hump achieves his goal?
Essay Topic 3
London uses a number characters from different areas of the world including Scandinavia, Hawaii, USA and Britain.
How accurate do you think London's representations of these cultures are? Do you think he subverts stereotypes? Are some representations more negative or positive than others?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)