Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hump recognize Maud Brewster as?
2. What kind of boat does the captain have?
3. Where does Charley Furuthseth keep a cottage?
4. What does Mugridge do to Larsen?
5. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position do you think the Islet is that Hump and Brewster arrive at?
2. Why do you think Larsen pursued Johnson and Leach?
3. Do you think it is strange that the Ghost appears on tn the shore?
4. How does Hump take to the rest of the crew?
5. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
6. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
7. What problems do you think Maude Brewster appearance could cause?
8. How do you think Hump's love for Brewster help him survive?
9. Describe Hump and Brewster's hut.
10. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
Imagine you are stranded on a small islet. How do you think you would survive? What would you have done differently to Brewster and Hump?
Study Jack London's life. How much of the story do you think comes from personal experience? Do you think any of the characters in the book are based on anyone in London's life or even London himself?
Compare the differences between self-learning and formal education.
1) Which in your opinion is the more valuable method of learning and why?
2) Do you think Larsen and Hump learn from each others very different upbringings. Support your answer with two examples from the book.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)