Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hump recognize Maud Brewster as?
2. What kind of boat does the captain have?
3. Where does Charley Furuthseth keep a cottage?
4. What does Mugridge do to Larsen?
5. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position do you think the Islet is that Hump and Brewster arrive at?
2. Why do you think Larsen pursued Johnson and Leach?
3. Do you think it is strange that the Ghost appears on tn the shore?
4. How does Hump take to the rest of the crew?
5. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
6. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
7. What problems do you think Maude Brewster appearance could cause?
8. How do you think Hump's love for Brewster help him survive?
9. Describe Hump and Brewster's hut.
10. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
Essay Topic 1
In the novel London shows how important it is to work as a member of a team. Discuss the importance of teamwork. What are the differences between leaders and followers? How can a team work well with a variety of individuals? Do you think the crew on the Ghost work well together?
Essay Topic 2
What is your opinion on seal hunting? Do you think it should be banned?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following statement using two examples from the novel to support your argument: The situations in the novel become increasingly unbelievable.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)