Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hump recognize Maud Brewster as?
2. What kind of boat does the captain have?
3. Where does Charley Furuthseth keep a cottage?
4. What does Mugridge do to Larsen?
5. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position do you think the Islet is that Hump and Brewster arrive at?
2. Why do you think Larsen pursued Johnson and Leach?
3. Do you think it is strange that the Ghost appears on tn the shore?
4. How does Hump take to the rest of the crew?
5. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
6. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
7. What problems do you think Maude Brewster appearance could cause?
8. How do you think Hump's love for Brewster help him survive?
9. Describe Hump and Brewster's hut.
10. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
Essay Topic 1
Using two examples from the book discuss the following discuss the following statement; Sea-Wolf is an attack on Nietzsche's super-man philosophy.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting. What was happening in the USA during the time the novel was set? Are these concerns reflected in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Study Jack London's life. How much of the story do you think comes from personal experience? Do you think any of the characters in the book are based on anyone in London's life or even London himself?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)