Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hump recognize Maud Brewster as?
2. What kind of boat does the captain have?
3. Where does Charley Furuthseth keep a cottage?
4. What does Mugridge do to Larsen?
5. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position do you think the Islet is that Hump and Brewster arrive at?
2. Why do you think Larsen pursued Johnson and Leach?
3. Do you think it is strange that the Ghost appears on tn the shore?
4. How does Hump take to the rest of the crew?
5. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
6. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
7. What problems do you think Maude Brewster appearance could cause?
8. How do you think Hump's love for Brewster help him survive?
9. Describe Hump and Brewster's hut.
10. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the Ghost crew's mutiny does not work? How does the mutiny change the story? What do you think would have happened if the crew's mutiny was successful?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Hump and Larsen. How do their views differ? Are there any similarities between the two characters? Why do you think they both fall for for Brewster?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what is meant by a materialist and idealist. Which one of the two do you think you are?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)