|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larsen do when Brewster and Hump come aboard to inspect the damp?
(a) Shoots at them
(b) Prowls after them
(c) Sets sail
(d) Screams at them
2. What does Hump despair about?
(a) Ever reaching Japan
(b) Brewster ever loving him
(c) Being captured by pirates
(d) Larsen finding him
3. What do Hump and Brewster do for several days after?
(b) Try and drive Larsen away
(c) Beach comb
(d) Club seals
4. What does the prominence appear to be?
(a) A Japanese tourist resort
(b) A seal rookery
(c) A war zone
(d) A penguin rookery
5. What does Larsen deny?
(a) The existence of a soul
(b) That he is on an islet
(c) That he is in love with Brewster
(d) Death itself
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Brewster and Hump do while Brewster blindly tries to catch them?
2. What does Hump construct in this chapter?
3. Who offered Larsen's men more money?
4. How does Hump internally refer to Brewster?
5. What subject does Larsen turn the conversation to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brewster's prediction that someone is coming go against her character?
2. Do you think it is strange that the Ghost appears on tn the shore?
3. How does Ghost's attack on the Macedonia put them on an even keel?
4. In what has Hump gained power over Larsen?
5. In what does Larsen attempt to kill Hump finish him off?
6. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
7. Why is Larsen alone?
8. How do Hump's thoughts reflect the nature of the long journey?
9. How is Hump and Brewster arrival on the islet timely?
10. In what does the ending reflect the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)