|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hump construct in this chapter?
(a) A second room in the hut
(b) A bathroom
(c) A bed
(d) A signalling device
2. What overwhelms their craft?
(a) The waves
(b) The wind
(c) The current
3. What does Larsen deny?
(a) The existence of a soul
(b) Death itself
(c) That he is on an islet
(d) That he is in love with Brewster
4. What do the men take along with their usual shot guns?
(c) A machine gun
5. Where do Hump and Brewster sail towards?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they do when Brewster wakes up?
2. How much does Hump clear the beach by?
3. How long does it take to construct the shears?
4. What kind of hut do Brewster and Hump build on the island?
5. Who assists Hump in helping the wounded sailors?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what has Hump gained power over Larsen?
2. How does Brewster's prediction that someone is coming go against her character?
3. How does Wolf Larsen make up for his boat's lack of power?
4. How has Hump achieved the goal London set for him at the beginning of the novel?
5. What position do you think the Islet is that Hump and Brewster arrive at?
6. Do you think it is strange that the Ghost appears on tn the shore?
7. Describe the technical detail goes into when Hump erects the shears.
8. How is Hump and Brewster arrival on the islet timely?
9. How does Hump learn how to kill the seals?
10. Describe Hump's 'rigging effort'?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)