|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Hump forgotten?
(a) Knives and forks
2. How long does it take Hump to put up the sails?
(a) Three days
(b) Five days
(c) Eight days
(d) Seven days
3. What happens to Larsen during this time
(a) He contracts the scurvy
(b) He dies
(c) He goes deaf
(d) He becomes paralyzed along one side of his body
4. What do Brewster and Hump decide it is best to do at night?
(a) Hold each other
(c) Stay awake
(d) Take turns keeping watch
5. What are Hump and Brewster worried that Larsen will do?
(a) Talk to them
(b) Rob them
(c) Imprision them
(d) Hurt them
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offered Larsen's men more money?
2. What does Hump do for the first time in many weeks at the end of the chapter?
3. What does Hump spend the next day doing?
4. Why did Hump not sleep an in adequate enclosure for so long?
5. What do Hump and Brewster construct on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brewster's prediction that someone is coming go against her character?
2. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
3. Do you think it is strange that the Ghost appears on tn the shore?
4. Describe Hump and Brewster's hut.
5. How has Hump achieved the goal London set for him at the beginning of the novel?
6. How does Ghost's attack on the Macedonia put them on an even keel?
7. Waht does Hump do once he realizes he holds the power over Larsen?
8. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
9. Do you think Hump is worried about their survival?
10. How is the blind Larsen still a formidable force?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)