|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Hump and Brewster sail towards?
2. What does Larsen give the wounded sailors?
(c) A beating
3. What does Hump do when he sees the Ghost?
(a) He cries for joy
(b) He runs for his gun
(c) He blacks out
(d) He hides
4. How does Hump stop Larsen from destroying his work again?
(a) Clubs him with a seal club
(b) Shoots him in the leg
(c) Threatens him with a revolver
(d) Ties him up
5. What does Hump change the sails to indicate?
(a) We are also American
(b) We are pirates
(c) How are you doing
(d) Clear distress
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hump and Brewster use for a mattress?
2. What does Brewster predict is going to happen?
3. What does Larsen think he has?
4. What does Larsen leave the table to do?
5. What do Hump and Brewster do to kill the seals when their ammunition runs out?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way do Hump and Brewster unknowingly fail the now dead Larsen?
2. How do you think Hump's love for Brewster help him survive?
3. Do you think it is strange that the Ghost appears on tn the shore?
4. How has Hump achieved the goal London set for him at the beginning of the novel?
5. In what has Hump gained power over Larsen?
6. Describe Hump and Brewster's hut.
7. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
8. Describe the fight between Hump and Larsen in chapter 26
9. How does Brewster's prediction that someone is coming go against her character?
10. How does Hump overcome Larsen's destruction of his work?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)