|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hump change the sails to indicate?
(a) How are you doing
(b) We are pirates
(c) Clear distress
(d) We are also American
2. What does Larsen do during the night?
(a) Go crazy
(c) Destroys the shears
(d) Imprisons Brewster
3. How big is the prominence in circumference?
(a) 10 miles
(b) 25 miles
(c) 100 miles
(d) 5 miles
4. What does Hump instruct Brewster on?
(b) Steering and sail handling
(d) Seal hunting
5. What does Larsen lose his ability to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Brewster and Hump do while Brewster blindly tries to catch them?
2. Where do Hump and Brewster sail towards?
3. How long does it take to construct the shears?
4. What does Larsen ask Hump for?
5. What does Larsen do when Brewster and Hump come aboard to inspect the damp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hump's 'rigging effort'?
2. How does Hump learn how to kill the seals?
3. Do you think Hump is worried about their survival?
4. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
5. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
6. What happens to Brewster and Hump's boat once they take for the seas?
7. In what does Larsen attempt to kill Hump finish him off?
8. Why is Larsen alone?
9. Waht does Hump do once he realizes he holds the power over Larsen?
10. How is the blind Larsen still a formidable force?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)