|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears on the ship's companionway?
(c) Wolf Larsen
(d) Death Larsen
2. What does Larsen give the wounded sailors?
(c) A beating
3. What does Larsen forbid Hump and Brewster to do?
(a) To board the ship
(b) To kill him
(c) To rebuild the ship
(d) To talk
4. Where do Hump and Brewster sail towards?
5. Who offered Larsen's men more money?
(a) Death Larsen
(b) The Japanese government
(c) Wolf Larsen
(d) The American government
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hump start a fire?
2. Where does Brewster spend the night?
3. What does Hump change the sails to indicate?
4. What do Brewster and Hump do after breakfast?
5. How does Hump internally refer to Brewster?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the islet.
2. Why is Larsen alone?
3. How has Hump achieved the goal London set for him at the beginning of the novel?
4. How do you think Hump's love for Brewster help him survive?
5. How does Hump overcome Larsen's destruction of his work?
6. In what ways is Hump's lack of experience a severe disadvantage when he escapes the Ghost with Brewster?
7. Do you think Hump is worried about their survival?
8. What position do you think the Islet is that Hump and Brewster arrive at?
9. Describe the technical detail goes into when Hump erects the shears.
10. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)