|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Hump sleep for?
(a) Two days
(b) Three days
(c) Eighteen hours
(d) Two hours
2. What does Larsen deny?
(a) That he is in love with Brewster
(b) Death itself
(c) That he is on an islet
(d) The existence of a soul
3. Why did Hump not sleep an in adequate enclosure for so long?
(a) He is claustrophobic
(b) He was keeping guard
(c) He gave Brewster the room
(d) The weather was too nice
4. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost crew take over?
5. What does Hump find Larsen doing during the night?
(a) Stealing their food
(c) Sailing away
(d) Attempting sabotage
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost boats open fire on?
2. How big is the prominence in circumference?
3. Why is Hump initially worried?
4. How does Hump take Brewster to her bed?
5. What does Brewster see in the distance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
2. How has Hump achieved the goal London set for him at the beginning of the novel?
3. In what way do Hump and Brewster unknowingly fail the now dead Larsen?
4. Describe the technical detail goes into when Hump erects the shears.
5. In why has Hump's personal philosophy changed?
6. Why is Larsen alone?
7. Do you think Hump is worried about their survival?
8. In what does the ending reflect the beginning of the novel?
9. Describe the islet.
10. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)