|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hump and Brewster take it in turns to do?
(a) Torture Larsen
(b) Work on the ship
(c) Keep watch
(d) Talk to Larsen
2. What overwhelms their craft?
(a) The wind
(c) The current
(d) The waves
3. What does Larsen do during the night?
(a) Destroys the shears
(b) Imprisons Brewster
(c) Go crazy
4. What does Larsen give the wounded sailors?
(b) A beating
5. What threatens to exhaust their ammunition before they have enough seal skin?
(a) A group of sailors
(b) Damp bullets
(c) A storm
(d) Humps bad markmanship
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump do for the first time in many weeks at the end of the chapter?
2. Who appears on the ship's companionway?
3. What does Larsen lose his ability to do?
4. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost crew take over?
5. What are Hump and Brewster worried that Larsen will do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what does Larsen attempt to kill Hump finish him off?
2. In what ways is Hump's lack of experience a severe disadvantage when he escapes the Ghost with Brewster?
3. How is the blind Larsen still a formidable force?
4. Waht does Hump do once he realizes he holds the power over Larsen?
5. Do you think Hump is worried about their survival?
6. Do you think it is strange that the Ghost appears on tn the shore?
7. How does Hump learn how to kill the seals?
8. Describe the fight between Hump and Larsen in chapter 26
9. How does Hump overcome Larsen's destruction of his work?
10. Describe the technical detail goes into when Hump erects the shears.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)