|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hump and Brewster take it in turns to do?
(a) Talk to Larsen
(b) Work on the ship
(c) Keep watch
(d) Torture Larsen
2. What does Hump instruct Brewster on?
(c) Seal hunting
(d) Steering and sail handling
3. What does Hump see when he wakes up?
(a) The Macedonia
(b) The Ghost
(c) A naked Brewster
(d) Dark clouds
4. What do Larsen and Brewster talk about at dinner?
(a) How to navigate a ship
(b) The ethics of seal hunting
(c) The poetry of Emily Dickinson
(d) The nature of temptation and the soul
5. What does Larsen ask Hump for?
(a) A paracetamol
(b) The Islet's coordinates
(c) His gun
(d) Some food
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump devise a plan to do?
2. What material do Hump and Brewster decide to make the hut roof from?
3. What does Hump change the sails to indicate?
4. What does Brewster use to maintain a fire?
5. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost crew take over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Hump is worried about their survival?
2. In what ways is Hump's lack of experience a severe disadvantage when he escapes the Ghost with Brewster?
3. Describe the islet.
4. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
5. How has Hump achieved the goal London set for him at the beginning of the novel?
6. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
7. How does Brewster's prediction that someone is coming go against her character?
8. Describe Hump and Brewster's hut.
9. Waht does Hump do once he realizes he holds the power over Larsen?
10. How is Hump and Brewster arrival on the islet timely?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)