|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hump devise a plan to do?
(a) Have a party
(b) Kill Larsen
(c) Re-rig the ship
(d) Kill more seals
2. How does Hump stop Larsen from destroying his work again?
(a) Threatens him with a revolver
(b) Ties him up
(c) Clubs him with a seal club
(d) Shoots him in the leg
3. What do Hump and Brewster decide is their best option?
(a) To kill Larsen
(b) To enjoy life while they can
(c) To make a life on the islet
(d) To fix the Ghost
4. Where does Larsen try to capture Hump?
(a) In the ships walk in freezer
(b) In the hold
(c) In his cabin
(d) In the brig
5. What does Larsen give the wounded sailors?
(b) A beating
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump construct in this chapter?
2. What is Hump too exhausted to do after a night out at sea?
3. What overwhelms their craft?
4. How does the Macedonia respond to the attack?
5. What does hump see ahead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the technical detail goes into when Hump erects the shears.
2. How do you think Hump's love for Brewster help him survive?
3. Why is Larsen alone?
4. Waht does Hump do once he realizes he holds the power over Larsen?
5. What happens to Brewster and Hump's boat once they take for the seas?
6. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
7. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
8. In what way do Hump and Brewster unknowingly fail the now dead Larsen?
9. How does Brewster's prediction that someone is coming go against her character?
10. How do Hump's thoughts reflect the nature of the long journey?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)