|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hump help Larsen to communicate?
(a) Develops a new language consisting of groans
(b) Gives him paper and a pen
(c) Teaches him sign language
(d) Teaches him makaton
2. What do they do when Brewster wakes up?
(c) Light some flares
(d) Eat breakfat
3. What happens to Larsen in the hold?
(a) He develops boils
(b) He dies
(c) His teeth begin to fall out
(d) He becomes completely paralysed
4. What do Brewster and Hump manage to complete in this chapter?
(b) The killing of every seal on the islet
(c) Their marriage vows
(d) A seal skin roof
5. How does the story finish?
(a) Larsens comes back to life
(b) Brewster and Hump kiss
(c) Hump trips and falls into the sea
(d) The Cutter opens fire
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larsen ask Hump for?
2. How does Hump start a fire?
3. What do Brewster and Hump do while Brewster blindly tries to catch them?
4. Where does Larsen sleep whilst on the islet?
5. What are Hump and Brewster worried that Larsen will do?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)