|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the story finish?
(a) The Cutter opens fire
(b) Hump trips and falls into the sea
(c) Larsens comes back to life
(d) Brewster and Hump kiss
2. What kind of hut do Brewster and Hump build on the island?
(a) Wood hut
(b) Stone hut
(c) Brick hut
(d) Mud hut
3. What does Hump not express to Brewster?
(a) His hatred for seals
(b) His sickness
(c) His love
(d) His need for water
4. What does the prominence appear to be?
(a) A penguin rookery
(b) A Japanese tourist resort
(c) A war zone
(d) A seal rookery
5. What does Larsen state that his intent is?
(a) To marry Brewster
(b) To live forever
(c) To die aboard the Ghost
(d) To kill Hump
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Brewster and Hump put Larsen?
2. What is Hump too exhausted to do after a night out at sea?
3. Who offered Larsen's men more money?
4. Why did Hump not sleep an in adequate enclosure for so long?
5. What does Larsen do when Brewster and Hump come aboard to inspect the damp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position do you think the Islet is that Hump and Brewster arrive at?
2. How does Wolf Larsen make up for his boat's lack of power?
3. Describe the fight between Hump and Larsen in chapter 26
4. In what does the ending reflect the beginning of the novel?
5. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
6. How is the blind Larsen still a formidable force?
7. Do you think Hump is worried about their survival?
8. Describe the islet.
9. How does Hump overcome Larsen's destruction of his work?
10. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)