|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hump spend the next day doing?
(a) Making a truce with Larsen
(b) Kedging the ship
(d) Making more shears
2. What does Hump think was a symptom of Larsen's current problem?
(a) His broken heart
(b) His blindness
(c) His headaches
(d) His anger
3. What does Larsen state that his intent is?
(a) To die aboard the Ghost
(b) To kill Hump
(c) To marry Brewster
(d) To live forever
4. What does the prominence appear to be?
(a) A war zone
(b) A seal rookery
(c) A Japanese tourist resort
(d) A penguin rookery
5. What do Hump and Brewster use for a mattress?
(a) Seal skin
(b) Raw seal meat
(d) Dry moss
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Hump to put up the sails?
2. What do Brewster and Hump do while Brewster blindly tries to catch them?
3. What has Hump forgotten?
4. What eventually happens to the boat?
5. What happens to Larsen during this time
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Hump is worried about their survival?
2. Describe the islet.
3. In why has Hump's personal philosophy changed?
4. In what ways is Hump's lack of experience a severe disadvantage when he escapes the Ghost with Brewster?
5. How is Hump and Brewster arrival on the islet timely?
6. Describe Hump's 'rigging effort'?
7. Describe Hump and Brewster's hut.
8. How does Ghost's attack on the Macedonia put them on an even keel?
9. In what does the ending reflect the beginning of the novel?
10. What happens to Brewster and Hump's boat once they take for the seas?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)