|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hut do Brewster and Hump build on the island?
(a) Stone hut
(b) Mud hut
(c) Brick hut
(d) Wood hut
2. What does Brewster use to maintain a fire?
(a) The boat's sail
(b) Seal oil
3. What are Hump and Brewster worried that Larsen will do?
(a) Imprision them
(b) Talk to them
(c) Rob them
(d) Hurt them
4. How does Hump stop Larsen from destroying his work again?
(a) Threatens him with a revolver
(b) Shoots him in the leg
(c) Ties him up
(d) Clubs him with a seal club
5. How big is the prominence in circumference?
(a) 10 miles
(b) 5 miles
(c) 100 miles
(d) 25 miles
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hump and Brewster do to kill the seals when their ammunition runs out?
2. What does hump see ahead?
3. What does Hump do when he sees the Ghost?
4. What does Larsen do when Brewster and Hump come aboard to inspect the damp?
5. What does Hump do while Brewster sleeps?
Short Essay Questions
1. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
2. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
3. How does Brewster's prediction that someone is coming go against her character?
4. Describe the islet.
5. Describe Hump and Brewster's hut.
6. In what way do Hump and Brewster unknowingly fail the now dead Larsen?
7. How do Hump's thoughts reflect the nature of the long journey?
8. How do you think Hump's love for Brewster help him survive?
9. How does Hump overcome Larsen's destruction of his work?
10. How is the blind Larsen still a formidable force?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)