|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offered Larsen's men more money?
(a) The American government
(b) Death Larsen
(c) Wolf Larsen
(d) The Japanese government
2. Where do Hump and Brewster sail towards?
3. What threatens to exhaust their ammunition before they have enough seal skin?
(a) Damp bullets
(b) Humps bad markmanship
(c) A storm
(d) A group of sailors
4. What does Larsen think he has?
(a) A brain tumor
(b) The measles
5. What does Hump unsuccessfully try to build?
(a) A well
(b) A toilet
(c) A tent
(d) A hut
Short Answer Questions
1. What overwhelms their craft?
2. What do Hump and Brewster do to kill the seals when their ammunition runs out?
3. What does Larsen lose his ability to do?
4. What do Brewster and Hump do after breakfast?
5. How does Hump internally refer to Brewster?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hump overcome Larsen's destruction of his work?
2. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
3. How does Brewster's prediction that someone is coming go against her character?
4. In what way do Hump and Brewster unknowingly fail the now dead Larsen?
5. How does Hump learn how to kill the seals?
6. Do you think it is strange that the Ghost appears on tn the shore?
7. Why is Larsen alone?
8. Do you think Hump is worried about their survival?
9. In why has Hump's personal philosophy changed?
10. Describe the technical detail goes into when Hump erects the shears.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)