|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Brewster and Hump do after breakfast?
(a) Go for a swim
(b) Frolic in the sand
(c) Go seal hunting
(d) Set sail around the tiny island
2. What does Hump discover has happens when he awakens?
(a) Brewster has had a baby
(b) He is tied to the bed
(c) Larsen is dead
(d) He is bleeding
3. What does Larsen deny?
(a) That he is in love with Brewster
(b) The existence of a soul
(c) That he is on an islet
(d) Death itself
4. What does hump see ahead?
(a) Japan's coastline
(b) A boat
(c) A whale
(d) A large craggy prominence
5. What material do Hump and Brewster decide to make the hut roof from?
(a) Seal skin
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Larsen and Brewster talk about at dinner?
2. How does Hump help Larsen to communicate?
3. Where does Larsen sleep whilst on the islet?
4. What subject does Larsen turn the conversation to?
5. How long does it take to construct the shears?
Short Essay Questions
1. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
2. What happens to Brewster and Hump's boat once they take for the seas?
3. How do Hump's thoughts reflect the nature of the long journey?
4. How has Hump achieved the goal London set for him at the beginning of the novel?
5. How is Hump and Brewster arrival on the islet timely?
6. In what does the ending reflect the beginning of the novel?
7. Describe the islet.
8. In why has Hump's personal philosophy changed?
9. In what has Hump gained power over Larsen?
10. Describe the technical detail goes into when Hump erects the shears.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)