|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hump not sleep an in adequate enclosure for so long?
(a) The weather was too nice
(b) He gave Brewster the room
(c) He is claustrophobic
(d) He was keeping guard
2. What do Hump and Brewster beach comb for?
(a) The spars and masts
(b) More seals
3. What do Brewster and Hump do after breakfast?
(a) Set sail around the tiny island
(b) Go for a swim
(c) Frolic in the sand
(d) Go seal hunting
4. What does Hump despair about?
(a) Ever reaching Japan
(b) Being captured by pirates
(c) Brewster ever loving him
(d) Larsen finding him
5. What has Hump forgotten?
(b) Knives and forks
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Hump sleep for?
2. Which of the following does Brewster say about Larsen?
3. What does Hump do when the wind picks up?
4. What sea does Hump think they are in?
5. What does Hump instruct Brewster on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hump's thoughts reflect the nature of the long journey?
2. In what does the ending reflect the beginning of the novel?
3. What position do you think the Islet is that Hump and Brewster arrive at?
4. How do you think Hump's love for Brewster help him survive?
5. Describe the technical detail goes into when Hump erects the shears.
6. In what ways is Hump's lack of experience a severe disadvantage when he escapes the Ghost with Brewster?
7. How does Ghost's attack on the Macedonia put them on an even keel?
8. How does Hump overcome Larsen's destruction of his work?
9. How does Brewster's prediction that someone is coming go against her character?
10. What happens to Brewster and Hump's boat once they take for the seas?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)