|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hump change the sails to indicate?
(a) Clear distress
(b) How are you doing
(c) We are also American
(d) We are pirates
2. How long does it take Hump to put up the sails?
(a) Eight days
(b) Five days
(c) Seven days
(d) Three days
3. What happens to Larsen during this time
(a) He becomes paralyzed along one side of his body
(b) He contracts the scurvy
(c) He dies
(d) He goes deaf
4. What does Larsen give the wounded sailors?
(d) A beating
5. What does the narrator say Larsen's argument is based upon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump instruct Brewster on?
2. What does Hump spend the next day doing?
3. What does Hump think was a symptom of Larsen's current problem?
4. What does Brewster see in the distance?
5. Where do Brewster and Hump put Larsen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hump learn how to kill the seals?
2. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
3. How do you think Hump's love for Brewster help him survive?
4. How has Hump achieved the goal London set for him at the beginning of the novel?
5. How does Brewster's prediction that someone is coming go against her character?
6. Describe the islet.
7. In what does the ending reflect the beginning of the novel?
8. How is Hump and Brewster arrival on the islet timely?
9. Waht does Hump do once he realizes he holds the power over Larsen?
10. How does Ghost's attack on the Macedonia put them on an even keel?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)