|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Brewster and Hump decide it is best to do at night?
(a) Take turns keeping watch
(b) Stay awake
(d) Hold each other
2. What does Hump devise a plan to do?
(a) Kill Larsen
(b) Re-rig the ship
(c) Have a party
(d) Kill more seals
3. What does Larsen deny?
(a) That he is in love with Brewster
(b) Death itself
(c) The existence of a soul
(d) That he is on an islet
4. What does Hump think was a symptom of Larsen's current problem?
(a) His headaches
(b) His blindness
(c) His anger
(d) His broken heart
5. What does Hump discover about Larsen?
(a) He is blind
(b) He is gay
(c) He is deaf
(d) He is in love
Short Answer Questions
1. What sea does Hump think they are in?
2. What does Hump instruct Brewster on?
3. What does Hump discover has happens when he awakens?
4. Why did Hump not sleep an in adequate enclosure for so long?
5. What does the narrator say Larsen's argument is based upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think it is strange that the Ghost appears on tn the shore?
2. Why is Larsen alone?
3. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
4. How is the blind Larsen still a formidable force?
5. What position do you think the Islet is that Hump and Brewster arrive at?
6. Describe the islet.
7. How does Hump learn how to kill the seals?
8. How does Wolf Larsen make up for his boat's lack of power?
9. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
10. What happens to Brewster and Hump's boat once they take for the seas?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)