|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larsen leave the table to do?
(a) Navigate the ship
(b) Address his men
(c) Go to the bathroom
(d) To address his brother
2. What does Larsen lose his ability to do?
3. What does Hump do when the wind picks up?
(a) Lowers the sail
(b) Raises the sail
(c) Screams for help
(d) Drops anchor
4. What do Larsen and Brewster talk about at dinner?
(a) The poetry of Emily Dickinson
(b) How to navigate a ship
(c) The ethics of seal hunting
(d) The nature of temptation and the soul
5. What threatens to exhaust their ammunition before they have enough seal skin?
(a) A storm
(b) Damp bullets
(c) Humps bad markmanship
(d) A group of sailors
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they do when Brewster wakes up?
2. Who joins Brewster and Larsen for breakfast?
3. What does Brewster see in the distance?
4. Why is Hump initially worried?
5. What do Brewster and Hump decide it is best to do at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Hump's love for Brewster help him survive?
2. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
3. In what way do Hump and Brewster unknowingly fail the now dead Larsen?
4. Waht does Hump do once he realizes he holds the power over Larsen?
5. Describe the fight between Hump and Larsen in chapter 26
6. How is the blind Larsen still a formidable force?
7. How do Hump's thoughts reflect the nature of the long journey?
8. Describe the islet.
9. How does Ghost's attack on the Macedonia put them on an even keel?
10. In what ways is Hump's lack of experience a severe disadvantage when he escapes the Ghost with Brewster?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)