|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larsen state that his intent is?
(a) To live forever
(b) To die aboard the Ghost
(c) To marry Brewster
(d) To kill Hump
2. What do Brewster and Hump manage to complete in this chapter?
(a) Their marriage vows
(c) A seal skin roof
(d) The killing of every seal on the islet
3. What does Brewster see in the distance?
(a) A United States Cutter
(b) A whale
(c) A Japanese ship
4. What does Hump despair about?
(a) Ever reaching Japan
(b) Brewster ever loving him
(c) Being captured by pirates
(d) Larsen finding him
5. What does Brewster predict is going to happen?
(a) Someone is going to arrive
(b) A seal mutiny
(c) A storm
(d) A World War
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Brewster and Hump decide it is best to do at night?
2. What material do Hump and Brewster decide to make the hut roof from?
3. Where does Larsen try to capture Hump?
4. What is Hump too exhausted to do after a night out at sea?
5. What does Hump construct in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what does the ending reflect the beginning of the novel?
2. Describe Hump's 'rigging effort'?
3. Describe the fight between Hump and Larsen in chapter 26
4. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
5. In why has Hump's personal philosophy changed?
6. What happens to Brewster and Hump's boat once they take for the seas?
7. In what ways is Hump's lack of experience a severe disadvantage when he escapes the Ghost with Brewster?
8. How does Hump overcome Larsen's destruction of his work?
9. How does Ghost's attack on the Macedonia put them on an even keel?
10. What position do you think the Islet is that Hump and Brewster arrive at?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)