|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Brewster's ship heading for?
2. Who does Leach ask Hump to find for him back in San Francisco?
(a) His father
(b) His daughter
(c) His wife
(d) His mother
3. At what age did Johansen leave Sweden?
4. What does Hump advise Brewster to do?
(a) Pretend to enjoy Larsen's company
(b) Kill the captain
(c) Keep near him
(d) Leave the ship
5. When did Johansen last write to his mother?
(a) Eight years ago
(b) Two years ago
(c) Five years ago
(d) Ten years ago
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Johnson and Leach pursue them for?
2. What position does the captain give the narrator?
3. What ocean is the Ghost sailing across?
4. How does Johansen know his mother his still alive?
5. Who does Charley Furuthseth read to rest his brain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hump fee about Maude Brewster?
2. What is Hump's reaction to finding literature in Larsen's cabin?
3. Why does Hump think that Brewster needs protecting?
4. How is chapter 14 a major turning point in the narrative?
5. How does Mugridge's attitude change towards Hump?
6. How does Hump take to the rest of the crew?
7. What do Hump and Brewster to do to survive Larsen's brutality?
8. Why do you think Larsen pursued Johnson and Leach?
9. How does London use the biting in chapter 21 as a metaphor?
10. Why do you think Larsen finds Hump an interesting person to talk to?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)