|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What member of the crew is clinging to his life?
2. What ocean is the Ghost sailing across?
(a) The Indian
(b) The Pacific
(c) The Southern
(d) The Atlantic
3. What does the narrator say Wolf Larsen dedicates himself to after the attempted mutiny?
(a) A life of sun and fun
(b) Hanging the guilty
(c) Making the sailor's lives a misery
(d) Reading the bible
4. What does Hump say will happen if he tries to change things?
(a) He gets beaten
(b) He survives
(c) He becomes captain
(d) He dies
5. Where was Brewster's ship heading for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
2. What does Johansen tell Harrison to do?
3. What does the captain do while Leach and Johnson drown?
4. Where does Charley Furuthseth keep a cottage?
5. What does the narrator say that Larsen is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Larsen pursued Johnson and Leach?
2. What problems do you think Maude Brewster appearance could cause?
3. How do Hump's presumptions about Larsen prove embarrassing in chapter 7?
4. How does Larsen behave after the mutiny?
5. Why do you think Brewster so readily agrees to Hump's suggestion that she stays with Larsen to keep him calm?
6. How does Hump feel about Larsen spending so much time with Brewster?
7. Why does Hump think that Brewster needs protecting?
8. How are Larsen and Hump views on the battle with nature different?
9. Do you think Hump survival of the torrid conditions is realistic?
10. Why does Larsen think life is without value?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)