|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the sea becomes like by eleven o'clock?
(a) Like glass
(b) Like cling film
(c) Like foil
(d) Like marble
2. How long do Johnson and Leach pursue them for?
(a) Three hours
(b) Ten hours
(c) Four hours
(d) Two hours
3. What reason does Hump give Larsen for why the men are behaving so badly?
(a) Larsen's domineering nature
(b) A lack of food
(c) Too many hours working
(d) Cabin fever
4. Which two crew members are the two particular members of Larsen's diabolic temper?
(a) Leach and Johnson
(b) Johnson and Holyoak
(c) Hump and Leach
(d) Harrison and Johnson
5. Who does the narrator say the seal slaughter is for?
(a) The fashion industry
(c) The Japanese government
(d) The sailors
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he is suffering from?
2. Where does Charley Furuthseth keep a cottage?
3. Who skippers the Macedonia?
4. Who does Hump recognize Maud Brewster as?
5. What is the boat called the hunters see in the distance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is chapter 14 a major turning point in the narrative?
2. What does Hump realize is the only factor considered aboard the ship?
3. How is Death Larsen more powerful than his brother's boat?
4. In what way does Hump admire Johnson?
5. Do you think Hump survival of the torrid conditions is realistic?
6. How does Larsen behave after the mutiny?
7. What problems do you think Maude Brewster appearance could cause?
8. What do Hump and Brewster to do to survive Larsen's brutality?
9. How is Mugridge's philosophy materialistic?
10. Describe what a slop chest is.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)