|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say his task is during the slaughter of the seals?
(a) To skin the seals
(b) To reel in the seals
(c) To tally the pelts
(d) To cook seal soup
2. Who does Charley Furuthseth read to rest his brain?
(a) Nietzsche and Schopenhauser
(b) Marx and Engels
(c) Roald Dahl
3. Who does Leach ask Hump to find for him back in San Francisco?
(a) His mother
(b) His father
(c) His wife
(d) His daughter
4. Who does the narrator say were always about him?
(b) His mother and sisters
(c) The sailors
(d) His dogs
5. How many boats will the hunters use?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charley Furuthseth keep a cottage?
2. Who does the narrator say Larsen is worse off than?
3. How does the narrator say Larsen treats his men?
4. Where was Brewster's ship heading for?
5. What does the narrator say Wolf Larsen dedicates himself to after the attempted mutiny?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mugridge's philosophy materialistic?
2. How does Hump feel about Larsen spending so much time with Brewster?
3. How does Larsen behave after the mutiny?
4. How does Hump fee about Maude Brewster?
5. Why do you think Brewster so readily agrees to Hump's suggestion that she stays with Larsen to keep him calm?
6. How is Death Larsen more powerful than his brother's boat?
7. What does Hump realize is the only factor considered aboard the ship?
8. How does Hump take to the rest of the crew?
9. Why does Larsen think life is without value?
10. In what way does Hump admire Johnson?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)