|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larsen philosophize about?
(a) His own death
(c) Seal hunting
(d) His brother's behavior
2. What does the narrator say his task is during the slaughter of the seals?
(a) To reel in the seals
(b) To cook seal soup
(c) To skin the seals
(d) To tally the pelts
3. Which two crew members are the two particular members of Larsen's diabolic temper?
(a) Hump and Leach
(b) Harrison and Johnson
(c) Leach and Johnson
(d) Johnson and Holyoak
4. What is the name of the ferry steamer?
(b) Lilly Pad
(c) San Fran Dan
5. What member of the crew is clinging to his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larsen ask the cook to be careful of?
2. What does Larsen ask Hump to do in exchange for not killing Leach and Johnson?
3. What Japanese islands does the Ghost arrive at?
4. Who does Hump recognize Maud Brewster as?
5. What is leach and Johnson only alternative to capsizing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hump take to the rest of the crew?
2. How has Larsen's upbringing shaped him as a person?
3. Why does Larsen think life is without value?
4. Describe what a slop chest is.
5. What is Hump's reaction to finding literature in Larsen's cabin?
6. What do Hump and Brewster to do to survive Larsen's brutality?
7. How do Hump's presumptions about Larsen prove embarrassing in chapter 7?
8. Do you think Hump survival of the torrid conditions is realistic?
9. In what different ways are Larsen and Hump attracted to Brewster?
10. How does Hump feel about Larsen spending so much time with Brewster?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)