|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction does the Ghost now follow?
2. What does the narrator liken himself to?
(a) A nobleman
(b) A tramp
(c) A distinguished author
(d) A scarecrow
3. Where does Charley Furuthseth keep a cottage?
(a) Sillicon Valley
(b) The Yorkshire Dales
(c) Mill Valley
4. What does the narrator say Johnson is guilty of doing?
(a) Speaking his mind
(b) Stealing food
5. What does the narrator say he is suffering from?
(b) Sea sickness
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the Ghost was built for?
2. What does the narrator say Harrison gives the appearance of?
3. How does the narrator say Larsen treats his men?
4. One does Hump say Larsen is a culmination of?
5. Who does Charley Furuthseth read to rest his brain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Death Larsen more powerful than his brother's boat?
2. What is Hump's reaction to finding literature in Larsen's cabin?
3. How does Brewster's prediction that someone is coming go against her character?
4. In what does the ending reflect the beginning of the novel?
5. Why do you think Brewster so readily agrees to Hump's suggestion that she stays with Larsen to keep him calm?
6. How has Larsen's upbringing shaped him as a person?
7. How has Hump achieved the goal London set for him at the beginning of the novel?
8. What do Hump and Brewster to do to survive Larsen's brutality?
9. Describe the islet.
10. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)