|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Wolf Larsen's eyes?
(a) Large and handsome
(b) Small and piglike
(c) Sad and grey
(d) Huge and glaring
2. Who does Leach ask Hump to find for him back in San Francisco?
(a) His daughter
(b) His wife
(c) His father
(d) His mother
3. What does Brewster urge Hump to do?
(a) Talk to the captain
(b) Leave the ship with her
(c) Protect her
(d) Take decisive action
4. What is the Cook's full name?
(a) Bill Mugridge
(b) Phillip Yonson
(c) Davide Johnson
(d) Thomas Mugridge
5. How does the narrator say the captain suffers?
(a) Like a clubbed seal
(b) Like a man stricken with consumption
(c) Like a runover cat
(d) As wild animals do
Short Answer Questions
1. What member of the crew does the narrator say he hates?
2. What does the narrator see Larsen reading?
3. What reason does Hump give Larsen for why the men are behaving so badly?
4. What does the narrator say he has never placed placed proper value upon?
5. What does the narrator say the Ghost was built for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Hump survival of the torrid conditions is realistic?
2. How does Mudgride attack on Larsen affect Larsen?
3. Why do you think Brewster so readily agrees to Hump's suggestion that she stays with Larsen to keep him calm?
4. Why do you think Larsen pursued Johnson and Leach?
5. Describe what a slop chest is.
6. In what different ways are Larsen and Hump attracted to Brewster?
7. How does Mugridge's attitude change towards Hump?
8. How does Hump fee about Maude Brewster?
9. How is Larsen's cruel nature illustrated in this chapter?
10. How does Hump feel about Larsen spending so much time with Brewster?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)