|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the captain he does for a living?
(a) He is a writer
(b) He is a gentleman
(c) He is a construction worker.
(d) He is a student
2. What two people does Hump watch?
(a) Holyoak and Larsen
(b) Brewster and Larsen
(c) Harrison and Johansen
(d) Kelly and Brewster
3. What does Hump say Brewster's body is the finished product of?
(a) Two beautiful people
(b) The finest civilisation
(c) Great minds
(d) The finest artists
4. How does the narrator say the captain suffers?
(a) Like a man stricken with consumption
(b) Like a clubbed seal
(c) As wild animals do
(d) Like a runover cat
5. With his new device who does the captain say can now navigate the ship?
(a) A dog
(b) A child
(d) A woman
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leach ask Hump the bearing for?
2. Why does hunting become dangerous?
3. What happens to Mugridge before they pull him back on board?
4. Why is Larsen angry?
5. How many boats will the hunters use?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mugridge's philosophy materialistic?
2. Describe the rescued ship.
3. Why does Larsen think life is without value?
4. How does Larsen behave after the mutiny?
5. Describe Hump.
6. What does Hump realize is the only factor considered aboard the ship?
7. How does Hump take to the rest of the crew?
8. In what way does Hump admire Johnson?
9. What is Hump's reaction to finding literature in Larsen's cabin?
10. How is Larsen's cruel nature illustrated in this chapter?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)