|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Larsen angry?
(a) Hump has taken Maud's attention away from him
(b) The ship has been blown off course
(c) The food is horrible
(d) He has a headache
2. Who does Larsen exclude from his table?
(c) The seal hunters
3. How does the narrator say the sailors now see the Ghost after the attempted mutiny?
(a) A funless ship
(b) A hell ship
(c) An oppressive regime
(d) A soulless ship
4. What does Johansen tell Harrison to do?
(a) Fetch the captain
(b) Go out the halyards
(c) Steer the boat
(d) Raise the mast
5. How long has Hump admired her work for?
(a) Seven years
(b) Two months
(c) Ten years
(d) Six months
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Larsen become possessive of?
2. How many boats will the hunters use?
3. What two people does Hump watch?
4. What does the narrator say that Larsen is?
5. Why has Johnson collided with Larsen?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Hump admire Johnson?
2. How does Hump fee about Maude Brewster?
3. What is Hump's reaction to finding literature in Larsen's cabin?
4. How does London use the biting in chapter 21 as a metaphor?
5. Describe what a slop chest is.
6. Why do you think Larsen finds Hump an interesting person to talk to?
7. How does Hump feel about Larsen spending so much time with Brewster?
8. How is Death Larsen more powerful than his brother's boat?
9. Describe the rescued ship.
10. How does Larsen behave after the mutiny?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)