|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brewster urge Hump to do?
(a) Talk to the captain
(b) Take decisive action
(c) Protect her
(d) Leave the ship with her
2. Who does Hump recognize Maud Brewster as?
(a) A famous film star
(b) His sister's friend
(c) A famous model
(d) A famous east coast poet
3. With his new device who does the captain say can now navigate the ship?
(a) A child
(c) A woman
(d) A dog
4. What does the narrator say that Larsen is?
(a) A womanizer
(b) A materialist
(c) A socialist
(d) A fascist
5. One does Hump say Larsen is a culmination of?
(a) The greatest loves
(b) All honorable maidens
(c) All savagery
(d) All the hate in the world
Short Answer Questions
1. How long can Brewster expect to be aboard the ship?
2. What does the narrator say he is suffering from?
3. Why does hunting become dangerous?
4. What does the narrator say Harrison gives the appearance of?
5. Who interrupts Brewster and Hump's conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hump realize is the only factor considered aboard the ship?
2. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
3. How is Hump and Brewster arrival on the islet timely?
4. How does Mugridge's attitude change towards Hump?
5. Why is Larsen alone?
6. How has Hump achieved the goal London set for him at the beginning of the novel?
7. In what way does Hump admire Johnson?
8. How is Death Larsen more powerful than his brother's boat?
9. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
10. How are Larsen and Hump views on the battle with nature different?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)