|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say that Larsen is?
(a) A socialist
(b) A materialist
(c) A womanizer
(d) A fascist
2. What is leach and Johnson only alternative to capsizing?
(a) To throw there supplies aboard
(b) To jump into the sea
(c) To rejoin the Ghost
(d) To stay close to the ship
3. How does the narrator describe Wolf Larsen's eyes?
(a) Sad and grey
(b) Small and piglike
(c) Huge and glaring
(d) Large and handsome
4. What relation is Death Larsen to Wolf Larsen?
5. What does the narrator say he sees leaning out of the pilot house?
(a) A monkey
(b) A white bearded man
(c) A terror stricken woman
(d) A terror stricken sailor
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boats are there?
2. Where was Brewster's ship heading for?
3. What desire does the narrator say he experiences for the first time?
4. Who skippers the Macedonia?
5. How many days away is Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Larsen and Hump views on the battle with nature different?
2. Describe what a slop chest is.
3. What does Hump realize is the only factor considered aboard the ship?
4. How is chapter 14 a major turning point in the narrative?
5. In what way does Hump admire Johnson?
6. What is Hump's reaction to finding literature in Larsen's cabin?
7. Why does Larsen think life is without value?
8. How does Mugridge's attitude change towards Hump?
9. How does Hump take to the rest of the crew?
10. How is Mugridge's philosophy materialistic?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)