|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of boat does the captain have?
(a) A row boat
(b) A sail boat
(c) A raft
(d) A dingey
2. What ocean is the Ghost sailing across?
(a) The Pacific
(b) The Atlantic
(c) The Southern
(d) The Indian
3. What does Larsen order his men to do to Mugridge?
(a) Put him in the hold
(b) Beat him
(c) Tow him
(d) Drown him in soup
4. What does Larsen ask Hump to do in exchange for not killing Leach and Johnson?
(a) Never to try and kill him
(b) Give him money
(c) To help him escape the ship
(d) To find him a wife
5. What happens to Mugridge before they pull him back on board?
(a) The rope strangles him
(b) A shark eats his feet
(c) He drowns
(d) He escapes
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leach ask Hump to find for him back in San Francisco?
2. What does the narrator see Larsen reading?
3. What does the narrator say his task is during the slaughter of the seals?
4. What does the narrator say he is suffering from?
5. How long has Hump admired her work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hump's reaction to finding literature in Larsen's cabin?
2. Why does Larsen think life is without value?
3. Why do you think Larsen pursued Johnson and Leach?
4. How has Larsen's upbringing shaped him as a person?
5. In what different ways are Larsen and Hump attracted to Brewster?
6. How is Death Larsen more powerful than his brother's boat?
7. Why does Hump think that Brewster needs protecting?
8. Describe the rescued ship.
9. How is chapter 14 a major turning point in the narrative?
10. How is Larsen's cruel nature illustrated in this chapter?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)