Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hump recognize Maud Brewster as?
(a) His sister's friend
(b) A famous model
(c) A famous film star
(d) A famous east coast poet
2. What kind of boat does the captain have?
(a) A row boat
(b) A sail boat
(c) A dingey
(d) A raft
3. Where does Charley Furuthseth keep a cottage?
(a) The Yorkshire Dales
(c) Sillicon Valley
(d) Mill Valley
4. What does Mugridge do to Larsen?
(a) Bites his leg
(b) Punches him in the groin
(c) Spits in his face
(d) Stamps on his foot
5. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does hunting become dangerous?
2. What is the boat called the hunters see in the distance?
3. Why has Johnson collided with Larsen?
4. How long does the captain's headache last?
5. What direction does the Ghost now follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position do you think the Islet is that Hump and Brewster arrive at?
2. Why do you think Larsen pursued Johnson and Leach?
3. Do you think it is strange that the Ghost appears on tn the shore?
4. How does Hump take to the rest of the crew?
5. In waht way could the reader see Larsen victorious over Hump?
6. Do you think London is inconsistent with Hump's character in this chapter?
7. What problems do you think Maude Brewster appearance could cause?
8. How do you think Hump's love for Brewster help him survive?
9. Describe Hump and Brewster's hut.
10. In what could you construe Larsen as a pure character?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)