|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What desire does the narrator say he experiences for the first time?
2. What position does the captain give the narrator?
(a) First mate
(b) Cabin boy
(c) Second mate
3. What does Mugridge do to Larsen?
(a) Spits in his face
(b) Punches him in the groin
(c) Stamps on his foot
(d) Bites his leg
4. Who does the narrator say Larsen is worse off than?
5. What is the name of the ferry steamer?
(b) San Fran Dan
(d) Lilly Pad
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Brewster's ship heading for?
2. How long has Hump admired her work for?
3. Who does Leach ask Hump to find for him back in San Francisco?
4. What does the narrator say the stout gentlemen is reading?
5. What does Hump say happens if he does nothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Brewster so readily agrees to Hump's suggestion that she stays with Larsen to keep him calm?
2. How has Larsen's upbringing shaped him as a person?
3. How is Death Larsen more powerful than his brother's boat?
4. In what different ways are Larsen and Hump attracted to Brewster?
5. How is Mugridge's philosophy materialistic?
6. Describe the rescued ship.
7. Why do you think Larsen pursued Johnson and Leach?
8. How does London use the biting in chapter 21 as a metaphor?
9. How does Mudgride attack on Larsen affect Larsen?
10. Describe Hump.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)