|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mugridge do to Larsen?
(a) Punches him in the groin
(b) Stamps on his foot
(c) Spits in his face
(d) Bites his leg
2. What does Larsen order his men to do to Mugridge?
(a) Beat him
(b) Tow him
(c) Drown him in soup
(d) Put him in the hold
3. What does Larsen want to keep Brewster aboard as?
(a) A lover
(b) A mascot
(c) A slave
(d) A cook
4. Where are the life preservers stored?
(a) Below deck
(b) In the rescue boats
(c) In the cabin
(d) In the hold
5. What kind of boat does the captain have?
(a) A raft
(b) A dingey
(c) A row boat
(d) A sail boat
Short Answer Questions
1. What desire does the narrator say he experiences for the first time?
2. Why is Larsen angry?
3. How does the narrator say the captain suffers?
4. What does Larsen ask the cook to be careful of?
5. How many days away is Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what different ways are Larsen and Hump attracted to Brewster?
2. How does Hump feel about Larsen spending so much time with Brewster?
3. In what ways does Hump compare the sailors to women?
4. How does Mudgride attack on Larsen affect Larsen?
5. What do Hump and Brewster to do to survive Larsen's brutality?
6. How has Larsen's upbringing shaped him as a person?
7. In what way does Hump admire Johnson?
8. How are Larsen and Hump views on the battle with nature different?
9. Describe the rescued ship.
10. Describe Hump.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)