|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Harrison gives the appearance of?
(a) A scorpion
(b) A enormous spider
(c) A tiny fly
(d) A snake
2. Why does hunting become dangerous?
(a) The have lost their weapons
(b) The men are under attack from Japanese hunters
(c) Fog sets in
(d) Bears are roaming the islands
3. What direction does the Ghost now follow?
4. What does Hump advise Brewster to do?
(a) Keep near him
(b) Pretend to enjoy Larsen's company
(c) Kill the captain
(d) Leave the ship
5. What does Hump say happens if he does nothing?
(a) He gets promoted
(b) People like him
(c) He dies
(d) He survives
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the stout gentlemen is reading?
2. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
3. Who does Larsen take his anger out on?
4. What does Leach tell Hump to do?
5. Who skippers the Macedonia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Hump survival of the torrid conditions is realistic?
2. How has Larsen's upbringing shaped him as a person?
3. Why do you think Larsen pursued Johnson and Leach?
4. In what ways does Hump compare the sailors to women?
5. How does Larsen behave after the mutiny?
6. What is Hump's reaction to finding literature in Larsen's cabin?
7. What does Hump realize is the only factor considered aboard the ship?
8. How is chapter 14 a major turning point in the narrative?
9. Why does Larsen think life is without value?
10. How does Mudgride attack on Larsen affect Larsen?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)