|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he sees leaning out of the pilot house?
(a) A white bearded man
(b) A monkey
(c) A terror stricken woman
(d) A terror stricken sailor
2. Who does the narrator say Larsen is worse off than?
3. Who does Larsen exclude from his table?
(d) The seal hunters
4. What does Leach tell Hump to do?
(a) Keep his mouth shut
(b) Go home
(c) Leave the boat
(d) Kill Larsen
5. Who does Larsen take his anger out on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he is suffering from?
2. How many boats will the hunters use?
3. What Japanese islands does the Ghost arrive at?
4. At what age did Johansen leave Sweden?
5. What do the crew spot in the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Hump compare the sailors to women?
2. Describe Hump.
3. What is Hump's reaction to finding literature in Larsen's cabin?
4. Describe the rescued ship.
5. How has Larsen's upbringing shaped him as a person?
6. How does Hump take to the rest of the crew?
7. Describe what a slop chest is.
8. How does London use the biting in chapter 21 as a metaphor?
9. In what different ways are Larsen and Hump attracted to Brewster?
10. How does Hump feel about Larsen spending so much time with Brewster?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)