|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation is Death Larsen to Wolf Larsen?
2. What does Leach tell Hump to do?
(a) Kill Larsen
(b) Keep his mouth shut
(c) Go home
(d) Leave the boat
3. Who does Larsen exclude from his table?
(b) The seal hunters
4. What do the crew spot in the water?
(a) Another ship
(b) A dead body
(c) A whale
(d) A shark
5. What does the narrator say he has never placed placed proper value upon?
(b) His family
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boats are there?
2. What does the narrator say knowing Larsen helps him understand?
3. What member of the crew does the narrator say he hates?
4. What ocean is the Ghost sailing across?
5. Why does hunting become dangerous?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hump take to the rest of the crew?
2. In what different ways are Larsen and Hump attracted to Brewster?
3. Why does Larsen think life is without value?
4. How are Larsen and Hump views on the battle with nature different?
5. What does Hump realize is the only factor considered aboard the ship?
6. How do Hump's presumptions about Larsen prove embarrassing in chapter 7?
7. How does Hump fee about Maude Brewster?
8. Why do you think Larsen pursued Johnson and Leach?
9. What problems do you think Maude Brewster appearance could cause?
10. How does Larsen behave after the mutiny?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)