|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
2. Who interrupts Brewster and Hump's conversation?
3. Who does Larsen become possessive of?
4. What member of the crew does the narrator say he hates?
5. What does Larsen want to keep Brewster aboard as?
(a) A lover
(b) A cook
(c) A mascot
(d) A slave
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say Larsen is worse off than?
2. What does the captain ask the hunters for?
3. When did Johansen last write to his mother?
4. Where was Brewster's ship heading for?
5. What Japanese islands does the Ghost arrive at?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what a slop chest is.
2. Why do you think Brewster so readily agrees to Hump's suggestion that she stays with Larsen to keep him calm?
3. How has Larsen's upbringing shaped him as a person?
4. In what different ways are Larsen and Hump attracted to Brewster?
5. Why does Hump think that Brewster needs protecting?
6. In what way does Hump admire Johnson?
7. Why does Larsen think life is without value?
8. How is Mugridge's philosophy materialistic?
9. Why do you think Larsen pursued Johnson and Leach?
10. How is chapter 14 a major turning point in the narrative?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)