|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Hump and Brewster sail towards?
2. What sea does Hump think they are in?
(a) The Bering Sea
(b) The Black Sea
(c) The Dead Sea
(d) The Red Sea
3. What does Hump construct in this chapter?
(a) A bathroom
(b) A signalling device
(c) A bed
(d) A second room in the hut
4. What does Larsen do when Brewster and Hump come aboard to inspect the damp?
(a) Prowls after them
(b) Sets sail
(c) Shoots at them
(d) Screams at them
5. What does Hump not express to Brewster?
(a) His love
(b) His need for water
(c) His hatred for seals
(d) His sickness
6. What do Brewster and Hump do after breakfast?
(a) Set sail around the tiny island
(b) Frolic in the sand
(c) Go seal hunting
(d) Go for a swim
7. How long does it take Hump to put up the sails?
(a) Five days
(b) Three days
(c) Eight days
(d) Seven days
8. What do Hump and Brewster beach comb for?
(a) The spars and masts
(d) More seals
9. What does Larsen leave the table to do?
(a) Navigate the ship
(b) Address his men
(c) Go to the bathroom
(d) To address his brother
10. How does Hump stop Larsen from destroying his work again?
(a) Shoots him in the leg
(b) Clubs him with a seal club
(c) Threatens him with a revolver
(d) Ties him up
11. Where does Larsen try to capture Hump?
(a) In the brig
(b) In the ships walk in freezer
(c) In the hold
(d) In his cabin
12. What does Larsen do instead of reacting to Hump's dirk?
(a) Turns to apologize to brewster
(b) Answers his mobile
(c) Looks at the time
(d) Holds his head in agony
13. What does Hump discover about Larsen?
(a) He is deaf
(b) He is gay
(c) He is blind
(d) He is in love
14. What threatens to exhaust their ammunition before they have enough seal skin?
(a) A storm
(b) Damp bullets
(c) Humps bad markmanship
(d) A group of sailors
15. What does Hump instruct Brewster on?
(a) Seal hunting
(d) Steering and sail handling
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hump and Brewster construct on the ship?
2. What does the narrator say Larsen's argument is based upon?
3. What do the men take along with their usual shot guns?
4. What do Hump and Brewster use for a mattress?
5. What does Hump do when he sees the Ghost?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)