|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hump and Brewster take it in turns to do?
(a) Keep watch
(b) Work on the ship
(c) Talk to Larsen
(d) Torture Larsen
2. What does Hump not express to Brewster?
(a) His need for water
(b) His love
(c) His sickness
(d) His hatred for seals
3. How does the Macedonia respond to the attack?
(a) It sends out more boats with armed men
(b) It surrenders
(c) It chases the Ghost and fires its cannons
(d) It retreats
4. What do the men take along with their usual shot guns?
(d) A machine gun
5. What does Hump do while Brewster sleeps?
(a) Mans the tiller
(b) Watches her
(d) Goes for a swim
6. What does Hump despair about?
(a) Being captured by pirates
(b) Brewster ever loving him
(c) Ever reaching Japan
(d) Larsen finding him
7. What does Larsen do when Brewster and Hump come aboard to inspect the damp?
(a) Sets sail
(b) Screams at them
(c) Shoots at them
(d) Prowls after them
8. What does Larsen think he has?
(b) A brain tumor
(d) The measles
9. What does Larsen give the wounded sailors?
(b) A beating
10. What subject does Larsen turn the conversation to?
(b) Seal hunting
11. What do Brewster and Hump do after breakfast?
(a) Go for a swim
(b) Set sail around the tiny island
(c) Go seal hunting
(d) Frolic in the sand
12. What do Brewster and Hump do while Brewster blindly tries to catch them?
(a) Watch on holding hands
(c) Hit him with a seal club
(d) Leave the ship quietly
13. What does Hump find Larsen doing during the night?
(b) Sailing away
(c) Stealing their food
(d) Attempting sabotage
14. How long does it take Hump to put up the sails?
(a) Three days
(b) Seven days
(c) Five days
(d) Eight days
15. How big is the prominence in circumference?
(a) 25 miles
(b) 100 miles
(c) 5 miles
(d) 10 miles
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump do when the wind picks up?
2. What does Brewster see in the distance?
3. What has Hump forgotten?
4. What does the narrator say Larsen's argument is based upon?
5. What does Larsen lose his ability to do?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)