|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hump change the sails to indicate?
(a) Clear distress
(b) How are you doing
(c) We are also American
(d) We are pirates
2. What do Hump and Brewster use for a mattress?
(b) Dry moss
(c) Raw seal meat
(d) Seal skin
3. Where does Brewster spend the night?
(a) Under a tree
(b) In the beached boat
(c) On the sand
(d) On a rock
4. What does Hump discover about Larsen?
(a) He is deaf
(b) He is blind
(c) He is in love
(d) He is gay
5. Where does Larsen sleep whilst on the islet?
(a) With the seals
(b) On his ship
(c) In Brewster's bed
(d) In Hump's bed
6. What does Hump do for the first time in many weeks at the end of the chapter?
(a) Sleeps undercover
(b) Has an initimate conversation
(c) Plays marbles
(d) Drinks clean, unsalty water
7. What do Brewster and Hump do while Brewster blindly tries to catch them?
(a) Leave the ship quietly
(b) Hit him with a seal club
(d) Watch on holding hands
8. What does Larsen lose his ability to do?
9. What does Larsen ask Hump for?
(a) Some food
(b) A paracetamol
(c) The Islet's coordinates
(d) His gun
10. What does Hump find Larsen doing during the night?
(b) Attempting sabotage
(c) Sailing away
(d) Stealing their food
11. What does Larsen forbid Hump and Brewster to do?
(a) To rebuild the ship
(b) To talk
(c) To kill him
(d) To board the ship
12. Why did Larsen's crew leave his ship?
(a) The found an island they thought was Utopia
(b) The shp was beginning to sink
(c) They were offered higher pay elsewhere
(d) They were sick of Lauren's oppressive regime
13. What is Hump too exhausted to do after a night out at sea?
(a) Carry Brewster to bed
(b) Take off his clothes
(d) Get to his bed
14. What do Hump and Brewster construct on the ship?
(a) A statue of Larsen
(b) Another cabin
(d) A mast
15. Who offered Larsen's men more money?
(a) Wolf Larsen
(b) The American government
(c) Death Larsen
(d) The Japanese government
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hump internally refer to Brewster?
2. How long does Hump sleep for?
3. What kind of hut do Brewster and Hump build on the island?
4. What are Hump and Brewster worried that Larsen will do?
5. Where does Larsen try to capture Hump?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)