|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brewster use to maintain a fire?
(a) Seal oil
(c) The boat's sail
2. What are Hump and Brewster worried that Larsen will do?
(a) Imprision them
(b) Rob them
(c) Talk to them
(d) Hurt them
3. What do Brewster and Hump do after breakfast?
(a) Go for a swim
(b) Go seal hunting
(c) Set sail around the tiny island
(d) Frolic in the sand
4. Where does Brewster spend the night?
(a) On the sand
(b) Under a tree
(c) On a rock
(d) In the beached boat
5. What does Hump discover has happens when he awakens?
(a) He is bleeding
(b) Brewster has had a baby
(c) He is tied to the bed
(d) Larsen is dead
6. Who offered Larsen's men more money?
(a) The American government
(b) Death Larsen
(c) Wolf Larsen
(d) The Japanese government
7. What happens to Larsen in the hold?
(a) His teeth begin to fall out
(b) He dies
(c) He develops boils
(d) He becomes completely paralysed
8. How long does it take Hump to put up the sails?
(a) Eight days
(b) Five days
(c) Three days
(d) Seven days
9. Who appears on the ship's companionway?
(a) Wolf Larsen
(d) Death Larsen
10. What does Larsen give the wounded sailors?
(d) A beating
11. Why did Hump not sleep an in adequate enclosure for so long?
(a) He gave Brewster the room
(b) He is claustrophobic
(c) The weather was too nice
(d) He was keeping guard
12. What is Hump too exhausted to do after a night out at sea?
(a) Get to his bed
(c) Carry Brewster to bed
(d) Take off his clothes
13. What does Larsen state that his intent is?
(a) To marry Brewster
(b) To kill Hump
(c) To die aboard the Ghost
(d) To live forever
14. What does Larsen do instead of reacting to Hump's dirk?
(a) Looks at the time
(b) Turns to apologize to brewster
(c) Answers his mobile
(d) Holds his head in agony
15. What does Hump change the sails to indicate?
(a) How are you doing
(b) We are also American
(c) Clear distress
(d) We are pirates
Short Answer Questions
1. What material do Hump and Brewster decide to make the hut roof from?
2. What mast do Hump and Brewster manage to step?
3. What do Brewster and Hump decide it is best to do at night?
4. What does Larsen ask Hump for?
5. Where does Larsen sleep whilst on the islet?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)