|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larsen do during the night?
(a) Go crazy
(c) Destroys the shears
(d) Imprisons Brewster
2. What does Hump think was a symptom of Larsen's current problem?
(a) His headaches
(b) His anger
(c) His broken heart
(d) His blindness
3. Where does Brewster spend the night?
(a) Under a tree
(b) In the beached boat
(c) On the sand
(d) On a rock
4. What does Hump construct in this chapter?
(a) A signalling device
(b) A second room in the hut
(c) A bed
(d) A bathroom
5. What are Hump and Brewster worried that Larsen will do?
(a) Imprision them
(b) Rob them
(c) Talk to them
(d) Hurt them
6. What do Hump and Brewster do to kill the seals when their ammunition runs out?
(a) Drown them
(b) Stab them
(c) Club them
(d) Poison them
7. What do Brewster and Hump do after breakfast?
(a) Go seal hunting
(b) Set sail around the tiny island
(c) Go for a swim
(d) Frolic in the sand
8. What do Hump and Brewster decide is their best option?
(a) To make a life on the islet
(b) To kill Larsen
(c) To enjoy life while they can
(d) To fix the Ghost
9. What do Brewster and Hump decide it is best to do at night?
(a) Stay awake
(c) Hold each other
(d) Take turns keeping watch
10. How long does it take to construct the shears?
(a) Four days
(b) A whole day
(c) Two days
(d) A week
11. What does Larsen think he has?
(c) A brain tumor
(d) The measles
12. What does the narrator say Larsen's argument is based upon?
13. What do they do when Brewster wakes up?
(a) Light some flares
(c) Eat breakfat
14. What does Hump change the sails to indicate?
(a) We are also American
(b) How are you doing
(c) We are pirates
(d) Clear distress
15. What does Larsen give the wounded sailors?
(d) A beating
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump find Larsen doing during the night?
2. What does Hump do when the wind picks up?
3. How big is the prominence in circumference?
4. What is Hump too exhausted to do after a night out at sea?
5. What does Hump devise a plan to do?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)