|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the story finish?
(a) Brewster and Hump kiss
(b) Larsens comes back to life
(c) Hump trips and falls into the sea
(d) The Cutter opens fire
2. How big is the prominence in circumference?
(a) 25 miles
(b) 5 miles
(c) 10 miles
(d) 100 miles
3. What do Brewster and Hump do while Brewster blindly tries to catch them?
(b) Leave the ship quietly
(c) Hit him with a seal club
(d) Watch on holding hands
4. What eventually happens to the boat?
(a) It moves away from the prominence
(b) It sinks
(c) It beaches on the shore
(d) It is attacked by a shark
5. What happens to Larsen during this time
(a) He contracts the scurvy
(b) He goes deaf
(c) He dies
(d) He becomes paralyzed along one side of his body
6. What does Hump think was a symptom of Larsen's current problem?
(a) His blindness
(b) His headaches
(c) His anger
(d) His broken heart
7. What does Larsen deny?
(a) Death itself
(b) The existence of a soul
(c) That he is on an islet
(d) That he is in love with Brewster
8. What does Larsen do during the night?
(a) Go crazy
(c) Destroys the shears
(d) Imprisons Brewster
9. What do Hump and Brewster take it in turns to do?
(a) Work on the ship
(b) Talk to Larsen
(c) Keep watch
(d) Torture Larsen
10. What kind of hut do Brewster and Hump build on the island?
(a) Mud hut
(b) Brick hut
(c) Stone hut
(d) Wood hut
11. Who assists Hump in helping the wounded sailors?
(b) No one
(c) Oofty Oofty
12. What is Hump too exhausted to do after a night out at sea?
(a) Take off his clothes
(b) Get to his bed
(c) Carry Brewster to bed
13. Where does Larsen sleep whilst on the islet?
(a) In Brewster's bed
(b) In Hump's bed
(c) On his ship
(d) With the seals
14. What do Hump and Brewster use for a mattress?
(a) Dry moss
(b) Seal skin
(c) Raw seal meat
15. What do Brewster and Hump do after breakfast?
(a) Set sail around the tiny island
(b) Go seal hunting
(c) Go for a swim
(d) Frolic in the sand
Short Answer Questions
1. What material do Hump and Brewster decide to make the hut roof from?
2. What does Hump despair about?
3. What does Hump construct in this chapter?
4. What do Brewster and Hump decide it is best to do at night?
5. How long does Hump sleep for?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)