|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they do when Brewster wakes up?
(b) Eat breakfat
(c) Light some flares
2. What does Brewster see in the distance?
(a) A United States Cutter
(b) A Japanese ship
(c) A whale
3. What does Hump instruct Brewster on?
(a) Seal hunting
(d) Steering and sail handling
4. How long does it take Hump to put up the sails?
(a) Eight days
(b) Three days
(c) Five days
(d) Seven days
5. What does hump see ahead?
(a) Japan's coastline
(b) A boat
(c) A whale
(d) A large craggy prominence
6. Which of the following does Brewster say about Larsen?
(a) He is blind
(b) He is ill
(c) He is mad
(d) He is violent
7. Why is Hump initially worried?
(a) He thinks they have run out of food
(b) He thinks Brewster is dead
(c) He thinks they will run into rocks
(d) He thinks he saw Larsen
8. How does Hump start a fire?
(a) With a shotgun shell
(b) With a stick
(c) With his cigarette lighter
(d) With two pieces of flint
9. What do Hump and Brewster do for several days after?
(a) Club seals
(b) Try and drive Larsen away
(c) Beach comb
10. Where does Larsen sleep whilst on the islet?
(a) In Brewster's bed
(b) On his ship
(c) With the seals
(d) In Hump's bed
11. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost crew take over?
12. Why did Larsen's crew leave his ship?
(a) The found an island they thought was Utopia
(b) They were offered higher pay elsewhere
(c) They were sick of Lauren's oppressive regime
(d) The shp was beginning to sink
13. What does Hump see when he wakes up?
(a) Dark clouds
(b) The Macedonia
(c) The Ghost
(d) A naked Brewster
14. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost boats open fire on?
15. How does Hump internally refer to Brewster?
(a) My wife
(b) My woman, my mate
(c) Funny face
(d) Silly girl
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Larsen in the hold?
2. What does Brewster predict is going to happen?
3. What does Hump do when he sees the Ghost?
4. What does Larsen forbid Hump and Brewster to do?
5. What do Hump and Brewster use for a mattress?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)