|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Hump and Brewster sail towards?
2. What kind of hut do Brewster and Hump build on the island?
(a) Mud hut
(b) Brick hut
(c) Wood hut
(d) Stone hut
3. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost crew take over?
4. What does Hump unsuccessfully try to build?
(a) A well
(b) A hut
(c) A toilet
(d) A tent
5. How long does it take to construct the shears?
(a) A whole day
(b) Two days
(c) Four days
(d) A week
6. What does Brewster predict is going to happen?
(a) Someone is going to arrive
(b) A seal mutiny
(c) A World War
(d) A storm
7. What does Hump do for the first time in many weeks at the end of the chapter?
(a) Plays marbles
(b) Has an initimate conversation
(c) Drinks clean, unsalty water
(d) Sleeps undercover
8. What is Hump too exhausted to do after a night out at sea?
(a) Take off his clothes
(b) Get to his bed
(d) Carry Brewster to bed
9. What do Hump and Brewster do for several days after?
(a) Beach comb
(b) Try and drive Larsen away
(d) Club seals
10. What does Larsen deny?
(a) That he is in love with Brewster
(b) The existence of a soul
(c) Death itself
(d) That he is on an islet
11. What do Hump and Brewster use for a mattress?
(a) Raw seal meat
(b) Seal skin
(d) Dry moss
12. What has Hump forgotten?
(b) Knives and forks
13. What does Hump do while Brewster sleeps?
(b) Goes for a swim
(c) Mans the tiller
(d) Watches her
14. What do Brewster and Hump manage to complete in this chapter?
(a) A seal skin roof
(b) The killing of every seal on the islet
(d) Their marriage vows
15. What does Larsen give the wounded sailors?
(b) A beating
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump do when he sees the Ghost?
2. What does Larsen do during the night?
3. What does Brewster use to maintain a fire?
4. What does Hump discover Larsen doing whilst investigating the ship?
5. What sea does Hump think they are in?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)