|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Brewster and Hump put Larsen?
(a) In their stone hut
(b) With the seals
(c) On the deck
(d) In the hold
2. What do the men take along with their usual shot guns?
(a) A machine gun
3. Who offered Larsen's men more money?
(a) The Japanese government
(b) The American government
(c) Death Larsen
(d) Wolf Larsen
4. What do Larsen and Brewster talk about at dinner?
(a) The ethics of seal hunting
(b) The nature of temptation and the soul
(c) How to navigate a ship
(d) The poetry of Emily Dickinson
5. What does Hump unsuccessfully try to build?
(a) A toilet
(b) A tent
(c) A well
(d) A hut
6. What has Hump forgotten?
(a) Knives and forks
7. What does Larsen do instead of reacting to Hump's dirk?
(a) Holds his head in agony
(b) Looks at the time
(c) Turns to apologize to brewster
(d) Answers his mobile
8. How does Hump help Larsen to communicate?
(a) Develops a new language consisting of groans
(b) Teaches him makaton
(c) Gives him paper and a pen
(d) Teaches him sign language
9. How does the story finish?
(a) Larsens comes back to life
(b) The Cutter opens fire
(c) Brewster and Hump kiss
(d) Hump trips and falls into the sea
10. What does Larsen state that his intent is?
(a) To live forever
(b) To kill Hump
(c) To marry Brewster
(d) To die aboard the Ghost
11. What does Larsen think he has?
(b) A brain tumor
(d) The measles
12. What does Brewster predict is going to happen?
(a) A seal mutiny
(b) A storm
(c) Someone is going to arrive
(d) A World War
13. What mast do Hump and Brewster manage to step?
(a) The first mast
(b) The third mast
(c) The center mast
(d) The second mast
14. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost crew take over?
15. What does Hump spend the next day doing?
(a) Kedging the ship
(c) Making more shears
(d) Making a truce with Larsen
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Larsen's argument is based upon?
2. What does Hump not express to Brewster?
3. What does Hump construct in this chapter?
4. What do Hump and Brewster use for a mattress?
5. What do Hump and Brewster beach comb for?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)