|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hump and Brewster use for a mattress?
(a) Dry moss
(b) Raw seal meat
(d) Seal skin
2. What does Brewster use to maintain a fire?
(b) Seal oil
(c) The boat's sail
3. How does Hump stop Larsen from destroying his work again?
(a) Threatens him with a revolver
(b) Clubs him with a seal club
(c) Shoots him in the leg
(d) Ties him up
4. How does Hump internally refer to Brewster?
(a) My woman, my mate
(b) Silly girl
(c) Funny face
(d) My wife
5. Who offered Larsen's men more money?
(a) The Japanese government
(b) The American government
(c) Wolf Larsen
(d) Death Larsen
6. Who joins Brewster and Larsen for breakfast?
(a) Death Larsen
(d) All the hunters
7. How does Hump help Larsen to communicate?
(a) Teaches him sign language
(b) Develops a new language consisting of groans
(c) Gives him paper and a pen
(d) Teaches him makaton
8. What material do Hump and Brewster decide to make the hut roof from?
(a) Seal skin
9. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost boats open fire on?
10. Why did Hump not sleep an in adequate enclosure for so long?
(a) He was keeping guard
(b) He gave Brewster the room
(c) The weather was too nice
(d) He is claustrophobic
11. What does Brewster see in the distance?
(a) A United States Cutter
(c) A Japanese ship
(d) A whale
12. How does Hump take Brewster to her bed?
(a) He gives her a piggy back ride
(b) He drags her
(c) He reminds her she has legs
(d) He doesn't
13. What happens to Larsen during this time
(a) He becomes paralyzed along one side of his body
(b) He contracts the scurvy
(c) He dies
(d) He goes deaf
14. What does Larsen do during the night?
(b) Go crazy
(c) Destroys the shears
(d) Imprisons Brewster
15. What does Larsen think he has?
(a) The measles
(c) A brain tumor
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men take along with their usual shot guns?
2. What does Hump see when he wakes up?
3. What do Hump and Brewster take it in turns to do?
4. What do Hump and Brewster decide is their best option?
5. What subject does Larsen turn the conversation to?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)