|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take to construct the shears?
(a) A week
(b) A whole day
(c) Two days
(d) Four days
2. What happens to Larsen during this time
(a) He goes deaf
(b) He becomes paralyzed along one side of his body
(c) He contracts the scurvy
(d) He dies
3. What do Hump and Brewster do to kill the seals when their ammunition runs out?
(a) Poison them
(b) Club them
(c) Stab them
(d) Drown them
4. What does Hump do when he sees the Ghost?
(a) He runs for his gun
(b) He blacks out
(c) He hides
(d) He cries for joy
5. Who offered Larsen's men more money?
(a) Death Larsen
(b) The Japanese government
(c) Wolf Larsen
(d) The American government
6. What do they do when Brewster wakes up?
(a) Eat breakfat
(d) Light some flares
7. What do Hump and Brewster take it in turns to do?
(a) Torture Larsen
(b) Work on the ship
(c) Keep watch
(d) Talk to Larsen
8. What does Hump do while Brewster sleeps?
(a) Mans the tiller
(b) Goes for a swim
(d) Watches her
9. What does Hump despair about?
(a) Brewster ever loving him
(b) Ever reaching Japan
(c) Being captured by pirates
(d) Larsen finding him
10. What does Larsen state that his intent is?
(a) To die aboard the Ghost
(b) To marry Brewster
(c) To kill Hump
(d) To live forever
11. Why did Larsen's crew leave his ship?
(a) They were offered higher pay elsewhere
(b) The shp was beginning to sink
(c) They were sick of Lauren's oppressive regime
(d) The found an island they thought was Utopia
12. How long does Hump sleep for?
(a) Two hours
(b) Eighteen hours
(c) Two days
(d) Three days
13. What does Brewster see in the distance?
(a) A United States Cutter
(c) A whale
(d) A Japanese ship
14. Where do Hump and Brewster sail towards?
15. What does hump see ahead?
(a) A large craggy prominence
(b) A whale
(c) Japan's coastline
(d) A boat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump do when the wind picks up?
2. How does the story finish?
3. What does Hump see when he wakes up?
4. What are Hump and Brewster worried that Larsen will do?
5. Which of the following does Brewster say about Larsen?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)