|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brewster predict is going to happen?
(a) A World War
(b) Someone is going to arrive
(c) A seal mutiny
(d) A storm
2. What subject does Larsen turn the conversation to?
(d) Seal hunting
3. What eventually happens to the boat?
(a) It beaches on the shore
(b) It sinks
(c) It moves away from the prominence
(d) It is attacked by a shark
4. What are Hump and Brewster worried that Larsen will do?
(a) Talk to them
(b) Hurt them
(c) Rob them
(d) Imprision them
5. What do Larsen and Brewster talk about at dinner?
(a) The poetry of Emily Dickinson
(b) The nature of temptation and the soul
(c) How to navigate a ship
(d) The ethics of seal hunting
6. What do Hump and Brewster construct on the ship?
(a) A statue of Larsen
(b) A mast
(c) Another cabin
7. What happens to Larsen during this time
(a) He goes deaf
(b) He dies
(c) He contracts the scurvy
(d) He becomes paralyzed along one side of his body
8. Where does Larsen try to capture Hump?
(a) In the brig
(b) In the ships walk in freezer
(c) In the hold
(d) In his cabin
9. What does the narrator say Larsen's argument is based upon?
10. What do they do when Brewster wakes up?
(c) Light some flares
(d) Eat breakfat
11. What does hump see ahead?
(a) A large craggy prominence
(b) A boat
(c) Japan's coastline
(d) A whale
12. What does Hump discover has happens when he awakens?
(a) Larsen is dead
(b) He is bleeding
(c) He is tied to the bed
(d) Brewster has had a baby
13. What does Hump spend the next day doing?
(a) Making a truce with Larsen
(b) Making more shears
(d) Kedging the ship
14. What has Hump forgotten?
(a) Knives and forks
15. What is Hump too exhausted to do after a night out at sea?
(a) Get to his bed
(c) Take off his clothes
(d) Carry Brewster to bed
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Hump clear the beach by?
2. How long does Hump sleep for?
3. What does Larsen ask Hump for?
4. What does Hump not express to Brewster?
5. What does Hump think was a symptom of Larsen's current problem?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)