|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost crew take over?
2. What kind of hut do Brewster and Hump build on the island?
(a) Wood hut
(b) Stone hut
(c) Brick hut
(d) Mud hut
3. What does Hump unsuccessfully try to build?
(a) A hut
(b) A well
(c) A toilet
(d) A tent
4. What do Hump and Brewster take it in turns to do?
(a) Talk to Larsen
(b) Keep watch
(c) Work on the ship
(d) Torture Larsen
5. What material do Hump and Brewster decide to make the hut roof from?
(d) Seal skin
6. How long does it take Hump to put up the sails?
(a) Three days
(b) Eight days
(c) Five days
(d) Seven days
7. What does the narrator say Larsen's argument is based upon?
8. How does Hump stop Larsen from destroying his work again?
(a) Shoots him in the leg
(b) Clubs him with a seal club
(c) Ties him up
(d) Threatens him with a revolver
9. What do Brewster and Hump complete at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) A kiss
(b) The rigging
(c) Larsens coffin
(d) The stone hut
10. Who appears on the ship's companionway?
(a) Wolf Larsen
(b) Death Larsen
11. What do Brewster and Hump decide it is best to do at night?
(a) Stay awake
(b) Take turns keeping watch
(d) Hold each other
12. How does the story finish?
(a) The Cutter opens fire
(b) Hump trips and falls into the sea
(c) Brewster and Hump kiss
(d) Larsens comes back to life
13. What does Hump do while Brewster sleeps?
(a) Mans the tiller
(c) Watches her
(d) Goes for a swim
14. What do Hump and Brewster do to kill the seals when their ammunition runs out?
(a) Stab them
(b) Club them
(c) Poison them
(d) Drown them
15. Where do Hump and Brewster sail towards?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brewster see in the distance?
2. Who offered Larsen's men more money?
3. What happens to Larsen during this time
4. What does Hump devise a plan to do?
5. What is Hump too exhausted to do after a night out at sea?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)