|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hump and Brewster take it in turns to do?
(a) Keep watch
(b) Torture Larsen
(c) Talk to Larsen
(d) Work on the ship
2. What does Larsen think he has?
(a) The measles
(d) A brain tumor
3. What do Hump and Brewster construct on the ship?
(b) Another cabin
(c) A mast
(d) A statue of Larsen
4. What has Hump forgotten?
(d) Knives and forks
5. Where do Brewster and Hump put Larsen?
(a) In their stone hut
(b) With the seals
(c) In the hold
(d) On the deck
6. How does Hump take Brewster to her bed?
(a) He doesn't
(b) He gives her a piggy back ride
(c) He drags her
(d) He reminds her she has legs
7. What does Larsen deny?
(a) Death itself
(b) That he is on an islet
(c) That he is in love with Brewster
(d) The existence of a soul
8. What does Hump find Larsen doing during the night?
(a) Stealing their food
(c) Sailing away
(d) Attempting sabotage
9. What sea does Hump think they are in?
(a) The Red Sea
(b) The Bering Sea
(c) The Dead Sea
(d) The Black Sea
10. What happens to Larsen during this time
(a) He goes deaf
(b) He contracts the scurvy
(c) He dies
(d) He becomes paralyzed along one side of his body
11. What kind of hut do Brewster and Hump build on the island?
(a) Stone hut
(b) Brick hut
(c) Mud hut
(d) Wood hut
12. What does Hump spend the next day doing?
(a) Making more shears
(b) Kedging the ship
(d) Making a truce with Larsen
13. Who offered Larsen's men more money?
(a) Wolf Larsen
(b) The Japanese government
(c) The American government
(d) Death Larsen
14. What material do Hump and Brewster decide to make the hut roof from?
(b) Seal skin
15. What does Larsen do instead of reacting to Hump's dirk?
(a) Looks at the time
(b) Holds his head in agony
(c) Turns to apologize to brewster
(d) Answers his mobile
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hump initially worried?
2. Where does Larsen try to capture Hump?
3. What do Brewster and Hump do while Brewster blindly tries to catch them?
4. What does the narrator say Larsen's argument is based upon?
5. Who appears on the ship's companionway?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)