|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brewster spend the night?
(a) Under a tree
(b) On a rock
(c) On the sand
(d) In the beached boat
2. Why did Hump not sleep an in adequate enclosure for so long?
(a) The weather was too nice
(b) He gave Brewster the room
(c) He was keeping guard
(d) He is claustrophobic
3. How does the story finish?
(a) The Cutter opens fire
(b) Larsens comes back to life
(c) Brewster and Hump kiss
(d) Hump trips and falls into the sea
4. What subject does Larsen turn the conversation to?
(b) Seal hunting
5. What happens to Larsen in the hold?
(a) He develops boils
(b) He dies
(c) His teeth begin to fall out
(d) He becomes completely paralysed
6. What does the narrator say Larsen's argument is based upon?
7. What material do Hump and Brewster decide to make the hut roof from?
(d) Seal skin
8. What does Hump see when he wakes up?
(a) Dark clouds
(b) A naked Brewster
(c) The Ghost
(d) The Macedonia
9. What do Hump and Brewster do for several days after?
(a) Try and drive Larsen away
(b) Club seals
(d) Beach comb
10. What eventually happens to the boat?
(a) It moves away from the prominence
(b) It beaches on the shore
(c) It is attacked by a shark
(d) It sinks
11. What do Hump and Brewster beach comb for?
(b) The spars and masts
(d) More seals
12. What does Larsen ask Hump for?
(a) Some food
(b) His gun
(c) The Islet's coordinates
(d) A paracetamol
13. How much does Hump clear the beach by?
(a) A few feet
(b) Half an inch
(c) An inch
(d) Five meters
14. How long does it take Hump to put up the sails?
(a) Five days
(b) Seven days
(c) Eight days
(d) Three days
15. What mast do Hump and Brewster manage to step?
(a) The third mast
(b) The second mast
(c) The first mast
(d) The center mast
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Larsen during this time
2. What threatens to exhaust their ammunition before they have enough seal skin?
3. Where do Hump and Brewster sail towards?
4. What do Larsen and Brewster talk about at dinner?
5. What does Hump not express to Brewster?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)