|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hump initially worried?
(a) He thinks they will run into rocks
(b) He thinks Brewster is dead
(c) He thinks they have run out of food
(d) He thinks he saw Larsen
2. What does Hump do for the first time in many weeks at the end of the chapter?
(a) Has an initimate conversation
(b) Sleeps undercover
(c) Plays marbles
(d) Drinks clean, unsalty water
3. What do Brewster and Hump do while Brewster blindly tries to catch them?
(a) Leave the ship quietly
(b) Watch on holding hands
(c) Hit him with a seal club
4. What do they do when Brewster wakes up?
(c) Eat breakfat
(d) Light some flares
5. How long does it take Hump to put up the sails?
(a) Five days
(b) Three days
(c) Seven days
(d) Eight days
6. What does Hump do while Brewster sleeps?
(a) Goes for a swim
(c) Mans the tiller
(d) Watches her
7. What kind of hut do Brewster and Hump build on the island?
(a) Wood hut
(b) Brick hut
(c) Mud hut
(d) Stone hut
8. What does Larsen forbid Hump and Brewster to do?
(a) To rebuild the ship
(b) To kill him
(c) To talk
(d) To board the ship
9. What happens to Larsen in the hold?
(a) He dies
(b) He develops boils
(c) His teeth begin to fall out
(d) He becomes completely paralysed
10. What do Hump and Brewster decide is their best option?
(a) To fix the Ghost
(b) To enjoy life while they can
(c) To kill Larsen
(d) To make a life on the islet
11. What does Hump despair about?
(a) Being captured by pirates
(b) Ever reaching Japan
(c) Larsen finding him
(d) Brewster ever loving him
12. Who offered Larsen's men more money?
(a) Death Larsen
(b) Wolf Larsen
(c) The Japanese government
(d) The American government
13. What do Hump and Brewster use for a mattress?
(a) Dry moss
(b) Raw seal meat
(c) Seal skin
14. How much does Hump clear the beach by?
(a) Five meters
(b) A few feet
(c) An inch
(d) Half an inch
15. What does the prominence appear to be?
(a) A seal rookery
(b) A Japanese tourist resort
(c) A war zone
(d) A penguin rookery
Short Answer Questions
1. What mast do Hump and Brewster manage to step?
2. What does Larsen give the wounded sailors?
3. What does Hump do when the wind picks up?
4. How does Hump help Larsen to communicate?
5. What does Hump discover has happens when he awakens?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)