|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hump change the sails to indicate?
(a) We are also American
(b) We are pirates
(c) How are you doing
(d) Clear distress
2. What do Hump and Brewster do for several days after?
(a) Club seals
(b) Beach comb
(d) Try and drive Larsen away
3. What does the prominence appear to be?
(a) A penguin rookery
(b) A seal rookery
(c) A war zone
(d) A Japanese tourist resort
4. What material do Hump and Brewster decide to make the hut roof from?
(a) Seal skin
5. What do Hump and Brewster construct on the ship?
(a) Another cabin
(b) A mast
(d) A statue of Larsen
6. How does Hump internally refer to Brewster?
(a) My wife
(b) My woman, my mate
(c) Funny face
(d) Silly girl
7. What does Hump discover Larsen doing whilst investigating the ship?
(a) Having a conversation with himself
(c) Clasping his head and moaning
(d) Banging his head aginst the wall
8. What does Larsen ask Hump for?
(a) The Islet's coordinates
(b) A paracetamol
(c) His gun
(d) Some food
9. What do Brewster and Hump do after breakfast?
(a) Go seal hunting
(b) Set sail around the tiny island
(c) Go for a swim
(d) Frolic in the sand
10. What are Hump and Brewster worried that Larsen will do?
(a) Imprision them
(b) Talk to them
(c) Hurt them
(d) Rob them
11. What does Hump find Larsen doing during the night?
(a) Attempting sabotage
(b) Stealing their food
(d) Sailing away
12. What do Hump and Brewster beach comb for?
(a) The spars and masts
(d) More seals
13. What does Brewster see in the distance?
(a) A United States Cutter
(c) A Japanese ship
(d) A whale
14. Who assists Hump in helping the wounded sailors?
(a) Oofty Oofty
(d) No one
15. What does Larsen do when Brewster and Hump come aboard to inspect the damp?
(a) Shoots at them
(b) Sets sail
(c) Screams at them
(d) Prowls after them
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hump stop Larsen from destroying his work again?
2. What does Larsen state that his intent is?
3. What has Hump forgotten?
4. What does Hump do for the first time in many weeks at the end of the chapter?
5. What does Larsen forbid Hump and Brewster to do?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)