|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hump discover has happens when he awakens?
(a) He is tied to the bed
(b) Brewster has had a baby
(c) Larsen is dead
(d) He is bleeding
2. What happens to Larsen in the hold?
(a) He becomes completely paralysed
(b) His teeth begin to fall out
(c) He develops boils
(d) He dies
3. What does Larsen do instead of reacting to Hump's dirk?
(a) Answers his mobile
(b) Turns to apologize to brewster
(c) Holds his head in agony
(d) Looks at the time
4. Where does Larsen try to capture Hump?
(a) In the ships walk in freezer
(b) In his cabin
(c) In the hold
(d) In the brig
5. What does Hump discover Larsen doing whilst investigating the ship?
(a) Clasping his head and moaning
(b) Banging his head aginst the wall
(c) Having a conversation with himself
6. What happens to Larsen during this time
(a) He dies
(b) He contracts the scurvy
(c) He becomes paralyzed along one side of his body
(d) He goes deaf
7. How does the story finish?
(a) Brewster and Hump kiss
(b) Hump trips and falls into the sea
(c) The Cutter opens fire
(d) Larsens comes back to life
8. How much does Hump clear the beach by?
(a) Half an inch
(b) An inch
(c) A few feet
(d) Five meters
9. What does Hump instruct Brewster on?
(b) Seal hunting
(c) Steering and sail handling
10. How does Hump internally refer to Brewster?
(a) My woman, my mate
(b) Silly girl
(c) Funny face
(d) My wife
11. What kind of hut do Brewster and Hump build on the island?
(a) Wood hut
(b) Stone hut
(c) Brick hut
(d) Mud hut
12. What does Larsen ask Hump for?
(a) A paracetamol
(b) Some food
(c) The Islet's coordinates
(d) His gun
13. What does Larsen do during the night?
(b) Go crazy
(c) Imprisons Brewster
(d) Destroys the shears
14. What does Brewster see in the distance?
(a) A United States Cutter
(c) A whale
(d) A Japanese ship
15. What do Brewster and Hump manage to complete in this chapter?
(a) A seal skin roof
(b) Their marriage vows
(d) The killing of every seal on the islet
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Brewster and Hump do while Brewster blindly tries to catch them?
2. What does Larsen state that his intent is?
3. What do Brewster and Hump decide it is best to do at night?
4. What do Hump and Brewster do for several days after?
5. What does Brewster use to maintain a fire?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)