|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larsen do instead of reacting to Hump's dirk?
(a) Answers his mobile
(b) Holds his head in agony
(c) Turns to apologize to brewster
(d) Looks at the time
2. How does Hump stop Larsen from destroying his work again?
(a) Clubs him with a seal club
(b) Shoots him in the leg
(c) Threatens him with a revolver
(d) Ties him up
3. What do they do when Brewster wakes up?
(a) Light some flares
(c) Eat breakfat
4. What does Brewster see in the distance?
(a) A United States Cutter
(b) A whale
(d) A Japanese ship
5. What does hump see ahead?
(a) A large craggy prominence
(b) A boat
(c) Japan's coastline
(d) A whale
6. What do Hump and Brewster take it in turns to do?
(a) Torture Larsen
(b) Keep watch
(c) Talk to Larsen
(d) Work on the ship
7. What does Hump discover Larsen doing whilst investigating the ship?
(a) Having a conversation with himself
(c) Banging his head aginst the wall
(d) Clasping his head and moaning
8. What does Brewster predict is going to happen?
(a) A storm
(b) A seal mutiny
(c) Someone is going to arrive
(d) A World War
9. Where does Larsen sleep whilst on the islet?
(a) In Hump's bed
(b) With the seals
(c) On his ship
(d) In Brewster's bed
10. How does Hump internally refer to Brewster?
(a) My wife
(b) Funny face
(c) Silly girl
(d) My woman, my mate
11. Why is Hump initially worried?
(a) He thinks they will run into rocks
(b) He thinks he saw Larsen
(c) He thinks they have run out of food
(d) He thinks Brewster is dead
12. What does the narrator say Larsen's argument is based upon?
13. What does Hump despair about?
(a) Brewster ever loving him
(b) Being captured by pirates
(c) Larsen finding him
(d) Ever reaching Japan
14. What does Hump see when he wakes up?
(a) Dark clouds
(b) The Macedonia
(c) The Ghost
(d) A naked Brewster
15. What material do Hump and Brewster decide to make the hut roof from?
(a) Seal skin
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larsen deny?
2. What overwhelms their craft?
3. What do Hump and Brewster do to kill the seals when their ammunition runs out?
4. What does Hump think was a symptom of Larsen's current problem?
5. How does Hump help Larsen to communicate?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)