|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What overwhelms their craft?
(a) The current
(b) The waves
(d) The wind
2. What does Larsen ask Hump for?
(a) A paracetamol
(b) His gun
(c) The Islet's coordinates
(d) Some food
3. What does Hump do while Brewster sleeps?
(a) Mans the tiller
(b) Goes for a swim
(d) Watches her
4. How does the story finish?
(a) The Cutter opens fire
(b) Hump trips and falls into the sea
(c) Larsens comes back to life
(d) Brewster and Hump kiss
5. What do Brewster and Hump manage to complete in this chapter?
(a) A seal skin roof
(c) Their marriage vows
(d) The killing of every seal on the islet
6. What does Larsen deny?
(a) Death itself
(b) That he is on an islet
(c) The existence of a soul
(d) That he is in love with Brewster
7. How long does it take Hump to put up the sails?
(a) Five days
(b) Eight days
(c) Seven days
(d) Three days
8. What does Larsen give the wounded sailors?
(b) A beating
9. What do Hump and Brewster do for several days after?
(b) Club seals
(c) Try and drive Larsen away
(d) Beach comb
10. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost boats open fire on?
11. What does Larsen leave the table to do?
(a) Go to the bathroom
(b) Address his men
(c) Navigate the ship
(d) To address his brother
12. What does the narrator say Larsen's argument is based upon?
13. What does Larsen think he has?
(c) A brain tumor
(d) The measles
14. How does the Macedonia respond to the attack?
(a) It surrenders
(b) It retreats
(c) It sends out more boats with armed men
(d) It chases the Ghost and fires its cannons
15. How does Hump take Brewster to her bed?
(a) He doesn't
(b) He reminds her she has legs
(c) He drags her
(d) He gives her a piggy back ride
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larsen state that his intent is?
2. What eventually happens to the boat?
3. What happens to Larsen during this time
4. Who appears on the ship's companionway?
5. What does Larsen do instead of reacting to Hump's dirk?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)