|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Larsen during this time
(a) He goes deaf
(b) He contracts the scurvy
(c) He becomes paralyzed along one side of his body
(d) He dies
2. How does the Macedonia respond to the attack?
(a) It chases the Ghost and fires its cannons
(b) It retreats
(c) It sends out more boats with armed men
(d) It surrenders
3. What do Hump and Brewster take it in turns to do?
(a) Torture Larsen
(b) Talk to Larsen
(c) Keep watch
(d) Work on the ship
4. What is Hump too exhausted to do after a night out at sea?
(a) Take off his clothes
(b) Carry Brewster to bed
(d) Get to his bed
5. How long does it take Hump to put up the sails?
(a) Five days
(b) Eight days
(c) Seven days
(d) Three days
6. Why did Hump not sleep an in adequate enclosure for so long?
(a) He was keeping guard
(b) The weather was too nice
(c) He gave Brewster the room
(d) He is claustrophobic
7. What does Hump do when he sees the Ghost?
(a) He hides
(b) He blacks out
(c) He runs for his gun
(d) He cries for joy
8. What does Larsen ask Hump for?
(a) His gun
(b) Some food
(c) The Islet's coordinates
(d) A paracetamol
9. What does Larsen do instead of reacting to Hump's dirk?
(a) Holds his head in agony
(b) Turns to apologize to brewster
(c) Answers his mobile
(d) Looks at the time
10. What do Hump and Brewster decide is their best option?
(a) To enjoy life while they can
(b) To fix the Ghost
(c) To make a life on the islet
(d) To kill Larsen
11. Which of the following does Brewster say about Larsen?
(a) He is mad
(b) He is violent
(c) He is ill
(d) He is blind
12. What sea does Hump think they are in?
(a) The Black Sea
(b) The Dead Sea
(c) The Bering Sea
(d) The Red Sea
13. What does Hump see when he wakes up?
(a) The Ghost
(b) The Macedonia
(c) A naked Brewster
(d) Dark clouds
14. What do Brewster and Hump do while Brewster blindly tries to catch them?
(a) Hit him with a seal club
(b) Watch on holding hands
(c) Leave the ship quietly
15. How does Hump help Larsen to communicate?
(a) Gives him paper and a pen
(b) Teaches him sign language
(c) Teaches him makaton
(d) Develops a new language consisting of groans
Short Answer Questions
1. What overwhelms their craft?
2. What do they do when Brewster wakes up?
3. What does Hump do while Brewster sleeps?
4. What does Hump not express to Brewster?
5. What subject does Larsen turn the conversation to?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)