|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hump and Brewster construct on the ship?
(a) A statue of Larsen
(b) A mast
(d) Another cabin
2. What does Hump do while Brewster sleeps?
(b) Mans the tiller
(c) Goes for a swim
(d) Watches her
3. How much does Hump clear the beach by?
(a) Five meters
(b) Half an inch
(c) A few feet
(d) An inch
4. What subject does Larsen turn the conversation to?
(d) Seal hunting
5. What does Larsen ask Hump for?
(a) His gun
(b) The Islet's coordinates
(c) Some food
(d) A paracetamol
6. What do Brewster and Hump complete at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Larsens coffin
(b) The stone hut
(c) A kiss
(d) The rigging
7. What sea does Hump think they are in?
(a) The Red Sea
(b) The Bering Sea
(c) The Dead Sea
(d) The Black Sea
8. What does Larsen lose his ability to do?
9. What does Hump discover about Larsen?
(a) He is gay
(b) He is in love
(c) He is blind
(d) He is deaf
10. What do Hump and Brewster take it in turns to do?
(a) Keep watch
(b) Work on the ship
(c) Talk to Larsen
(d) Torture Larsen
11. Why did Larsen's crew leave his ship?
(a) The found an island they thought was Utopia
(b) The shp was beginning to sink
(c) They were offered higher pay elsewhere
(d) They were sick of Lauren's oppressive regime
12. What eventually happens to the boat?
(a) It is attacked by a shark
(b) It moves away from the prominence
(c) It sinks
(d) It beaches on the shore
13. What does Larsen leave the table to do?
(a) Go to the bathroom
(b) Navigate the ship
(c) To address his brother
(d) Address his men
14. What does hump see ahead?
(a) Japan's coastline
(b) A large craggy prominence
(c) A boat
(d) A whale
15. What happens to Larsen during this time
(a) He dies
(b) He becomes paralyzed along one side of his body
(c) He contracts the scurvy
(d) He goes deaf
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Brewster and Hump do while Brewster blindly tries to catch them?
2. Who offered Larsen's men more money?
3. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost boats open fire on?
4. What are Hump and Brewster worried that Larsen will do?
5. What happens to Larsen in the hold?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)