|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Larsen sleep whilst on the islet?
(a) With the seals
(b) In Brewster's bed
(c) In Hump's bed
(d) On his ship
2. What does Hump do when the wind picks up?
(a) Lowers the sail
(b) Drops anchor
(c) Raises the sail
(d) Screams for help
3. What do Brewster and Hump do after breakfast?
(a) Go for a swim
(b) Frolic in the sand
(c) Set sail around the tiny island
(d) Go seal hunting
4. What does Hump change the sails to indicate?
(a) How are you doing
(b) We are also American
(c) We are pirates
(d) Clear distress
5. What material do Hump and Brewster decide to make the hut roof from?
(d) Seal skin
6. Why did Hump not sleep an in adequate enclosure for so long?
(a) He is claustrophobic
(b) He gave Brewster the room
(c) He was keeping guard
(d) The weather was too nice
7. What subject does Larsen turn the conversation to?
(d) Seal hunting
8. How many Macedonia boats do the Ghost crew take over?
9. What eventually happens to the boat?
(a) It is attacked by a shark
(b) It moves away from the prominence
(c) It beaches on the shore
(d) It sinks
10. Where does Brewster spend the night?
(a) Under a tree
(b) On a rock
(c) In the beached boat
(d) On the sand
11. What does Hump devise a plan to do?
(a) Have a party
(b) Kill more seals
(c) Kill Larsen
(d) Re-rig the ship
12. What does Larsen leave the table to do?
(a) Go to the bathroom
(b) Navigate the ship
(c) To address his brother
(d) Address his men
13. What does Larsen deny?
(a) That he is in love with Brewster
(b) The existence of a soul
(c) Death itself
(d) That he is on an islet
14. What do Hump and Brewster use for a mattress?
(a) Dry moss
(c) Raw seal meat
(d) Seal skin
15. Who assists Hump in helping the wounded sailors?
(c) Oofty Oofty
(d) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump see when he wakes up?
2. What is Hump too exhausted to do after a night out at sea?
3. What does the prominence appear to be?
4. What does Hump find Larsen doing during the night?
5. How long does it take Hump to put up the sails?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)