|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hump recognize Maud Brewster as?
(a) A famous model
(b) A famous east coast poet
(c) A famous film star
(d) His sister's friend
2. What relation is Death Larsen to Wolf Larsen?
3. How long do Johnson and Leach pursue them for?
(a) Four hours
(b) Three hours
(c) Ten hours
(d) Two hours
4. What does the narrator say he sees leaning out of the pilot house?
(a) A white bearded man
(b) A terror stricken woman
(c) A terror stricken sailor
(d) A monkey
5. Where does Charley Furuthseth keep a cottage?
(b) The Yorkshire Dales
(c) Mill Valley
(d) Sillicon Valley
6. Who approaches Hump on deck?
7. What does Brewster urge Hump to do?
(a) Take decisive action
(b) Protect her
(c) Leave the ship with her
(d) Talk to the captain
8. What is the boat called the hunters see in the distance?
(a) King Edward
(b) The Moldova
(c) The Macedonia
(d) The Georgian
9. How many days away is Japan?
(a) Two days
(b) A day
(c) Eight days
(d) Four days
10. What does the narrator say the stout gentlemen is reading?
(a) The Fisherman
(b) The Atlantic
(c) The Ferry Boater
(d) The New York Times
11. Who does Larsen become possessive of?
12. What ocean is the Ghost sailing across?
(a) The Atlantic
(b) The Southern
(c) The Pacific
(d) The Indian
13. What Japanese islands does the Ghost arrive at?
14. What does Hump see in Larsen's eyes?
(a) A glow of love
(b) A glow of lust
(c) The fires of hate
15. Who interrupts Brewster and Hump's conversation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Hump admired her work for?
2. Why does Larsen kick Hump?
3. Where are the life preservers stored?
4. Who does the narrator say Larsen is worse off than?
5. What position does the captain give the narrator?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)