|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Harrison gives the appearance of?
(a) A snake
(b) A scorpion
(c) A tiny fly
(d) A enormous spider
2. What does the narrator say that Larsen is?
(a) A womanizer
(b) A socialist
(c) A fascist
(d) A materialist
3. Where does Charley Furuthseth keep a cottage?
(a) Mill Valley
(b) The Yorkshire Dales
(d) Sillicon Valley
4. Who does the narrator say were always about him?
(b) His dogs
(c) The sailors
(d) His mother and sisters
5. How long has Hump admired her work for?
(a) Ten years
(b) Six months
(c) Seven years
(d) Two months
6. What does the narrator tell the captain he does for a living?
(a) He is a writer
(b) He is a construction worker.
(c) He is a student
(d) He is a gentleman
7. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
8. What does Leach ask Hump the bearing for?
9. What kind of boat does the captain have?
(a) A sail boat
(b) A row boat
(c) A dingey
(d) A raft
10. What does Hump see in Larsen's eyes?
(a) The fires of hate
(b) A glow of love
(c) A glow of lust
11. What is the Cook's full name?
(a) Davide Johnson
(b) Bill Mugridge
(c) Phillip Yonson
(d) Thomas Mugridge
12. One does Hump say Larsen is a culmination of?
(a) All the hate in the world
(b) All savagery
(c) The greatest loves
(d) All honorable maidens
13. What does Leach tell Hump to do?
(a) Go home
(b) Kill Larsen
(c) Leave the boat
(d) Keep his mouth shut
14. What Japanese islands does the Ghost arrive at?
15. What direction does the Ghost now follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johansen tell Harrison to do?
2. Who does Larsen take his anger out on?
3. What happens to Mugridge before they pull him back on board?
4. Which character talks in his sleep?
5. Why has Johnson collided with Larsen?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)