|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mugridge before they pull him back on board?
(a) He drowns
(b) A shark eats his feet
(c) He escapes
(d) The rope strangles him
2. What does Hump advise Brewster to do?
(a) Kill the captain
(b) Pretend to enjoy Larsen's company
(c) Leave the ship
(d) Keep near him
3. How does Johansen know his mother his still alive?
(a) She sent him a letter
(b) He met a fellow townsman in Chile
(c) He met her in Brazil
(d) She is never ill and still young
4. Who does the narrator say Larsen is worse off than?
5. One does Hump say Larsen is a culmination of?
(a) All honorable maidens
(b) All savagery
(c) All the hate in the world
(d) The greatest loves
6. What does Larsen want to keep Brewster aboard as?
(a) A lover
(b) A slave
(c) A cook
(d) A mascot
7. What relation is Death Larsen to Wolf Larsen?
8. What direction does the Ghost now follow?
9. How many days away is Japan?
(a) A day
(b) Two days
(c) Four days
(d) Eight days
10. What does the narrator say his task is during the slaughter of the seals?
(a) To tally the pelts
(b) To cook seal soup
(c) To reel in the seals
(d) To skin the seals
11. Who does Charley Furuthseth read to rest his brain?
(b) Marx and Engels
(c) Roald Dahl
(d) Nietzsche and Schopenhauser
12. Which two crew members are the two particular members of Larsen's diabolic temper?
(a) Hump and Leach
(b) Johnson and Holyoak
(c) Harrison and Johnson
(d) Leach and Johnson
13. Who approaches Hump on deck?
14. What does the narrator say Wolf Larsen dedicates himself to after the attempted mutiny?
(a) Reading the bible
(b) Hanging the guilty
(c) Making the sailor's lives a misery
(d) A life of sun and fun
15. How long do Johnson and Leach pursue them for?
(a) Two hours
(b) Three hours
(c) Ten hours
(d) Four hours
Short Answer Questions
1. With his new device who does the captain say can now navigate the ship?
2. Which two men shoot at the deserters?
3. What does the narrator say the sea becomes like by eleven o'clock?
4. What does the narrator say the stout gentlemen is reading?
5. What does Brewster urge Hump to do?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)