|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hump recognize Maud Brewster as?
(a) His sister's friend
(b) A famous model
(c) A famous film star
(d) A famous east coast poet
2. What kind of boat does the captain have?
(a) A row boat
(b) A sail boat
(c) A dingey
(d) A raft
3. Where does Charley Furuthseth keep a cottage?
(a) The Yorkshire Dales
(c) Sillicon Valley
(d) Mill Valley
4. What does Mugridge do to Larsen?
(a) Bites his leg
(b) Punches him in the groin
(c) Spits in his face
(d) Stamps on his foot
5. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
6. Why does hunting become dangerous?
(a) The have lost their weapons
(b) The men are under attack from Japanese hunters
(c) Bears are roaming the islands
(d) Fog sets in
7. What is the boat called the hunters see in the distance?
(a) The Moldova
(b) King Edward
(c) The Georgian
(d) The Macedonia
8. Why has Johnson collided with Larsen?
(a) Larsen's navigational skills
(b) Larsen's bullying tactics
(c) The Cook's food
(d) The pronunciation of his name
9. How long does the captain's headache last?
(a) Three days
(b) Two days
(c) Five days
(d) One week
10. What direction does the Ghost now follow?
11. What does the narrator say he is suffering from?
(d) Sea sickness
12. One does Hump say Larsen is a culmination of?
(a) All honorable maidens
(b) All savagery
(c) The greatest loves
(d) All the hate in the world
13. What relation is Death Larsen to Wolf Larsen?
14. What does Leach ask Hump the bearing for?
15. What does the narrator see Larsen reading?
(a) The bible
(b) Ecco Homo
(c) Fear and Trembling
(d) Das Capital
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump see in Larsen's eyes?
2. What member of the crew is clinging to his life?
3. What happens to Mugridge before they pull him back on board?
4. Where are the life preservers stored?
5. Which two crew members are the two particular members of Larsen's diabolic temper?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)