|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What member of the crew is clinging to his life?
2. What member of the crew does the narrator say he hates?
3. What does Larsen philosophize about?
(a) Seal hunting
(b) His own death
(d) His brother's behavior
4. What is the name of the ferry steamer?
(a) Lilly Pad
(c) San Fran Dan
5. When did Johansen last write to his mother?
(a) Two years ago
(b) Five years ago
(c) Ten years ago
(d) Eight years ago
6. What does the narrator say he sees leaning out of the pilot house?
(a) A terror stricken woman
(b) A monkey
(c) A terror stricken sailor
(d) A white bearded man
7. Why is Larsen angry?
(a) The food is horrible
(b) He has a headache
(c) The ship has been blown off course
(d) Hump has taken Maud's attention away from him
8. What does Hump see in Larsen's eyes?
(a) A glow of lust
(b) A glow of love
(d) The fires of hate
9. How long has Hump admired her work for?
(a) Ten years
(b) Two months
(c) Six months
(d) Seven years
10. Why does Larsen kick Hump?
(a) He threatens to leave the boat
(b) He refuses to work
(c) He spits in his face
(d) He throws the ashes into a wind
11. What do the crew spot in the water?
(a) A shark
(b) Another ship
(c) A dead body
(d) A whale
12. One does Hump say Larsen is a culmination of?
(a) All the hate in the world
(b) All honorable maidens
(c) The greatest loves
(d) All savagery
13. What does the narrator say Wolf Larsen dedicates himself to after the attempted mutiny?
(a) Reading the bible
(b) Hanging the guilty
(c) Making the sailor's lives a misery
(d) A life of sun and fun
14. With his new device who does the captain say can now navigate the ship?
(a) A dog
(c) A child
(d) A woman
15. What does Larsen want to keep Brewster aboard as?
(a) A cook
(b) A slave
(c) A lover
(d) A mascot
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the stout gentlemen is reading?
2. What does the narrator tell the captain he does for a living?
3. What does the narrator say his task is during the slaughter of the seals?
4. What does the narrator say knowing Larsen helps him understand?
5. Where are the life preservers stored?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)