|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the sea becomes like by eleven o'clock?
(a) Like foil
(b) Like marble
(c) Like cling film
(d) Like glass
2. At what age did Johansen leave Sweden?
3. What member of the crew does the narrator say he hates?
4. What position does the captain give the narrator?
(a) First mate
(b) Second mate
(d) Cabin boy
5. Which two crew members are the two particular members of Larsen's diabolic temper?
(a) Hump and Leach
(b) Leach and Johnson
(c) Johnson and Holyoak
(d) Harrison and Johnson
6. How long can Brewster expect to be aboard the ship?
(a) Four months
(b) Six months
(c) Eight months
(d) Ten months
7. What does the narrator tell the captain he does for a living?
(a) He is a writer
(b) He is a construction worker.
(c) He is a gentleman
(d) He is a student
8. What desire does the narrator say he experiences for the first time?
9. How does Johansen know his mother his still alive?
(a) She sent him a letter
(b) He met her in Brazil
(c) She is never ill and still young
(d) He met a fellow townsman in Chile
10. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
11. What does the narrator see Larsen reading?
(a) The bible
(b) Ecco Homo
(c) Das Capital
(d) Fear and Trembling
12. What relation is Death Larsen to Wolf Larsen?
13. Which character talks in his sleep?
14. What does the narrator say that Larsen is?
(a) A womanizer
(b) A socialist
(c) A materialist
(d) A fascist
15. Who does Hump recognize Maud Brewster as?
(a) A famous model
(b) A famous film star
(c) His sister's friend
(d) A famous east coast poet
Short Answer Questions
1. With his new device who does the captain say can now navigate the ship?
2. What does the narrator say the Ghost was built for?
3. What is leach and Johnson only alternative to capsizing?
4. How long has Hump admired her work for?
5. How does the narrator say the captain suffers?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)