|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Johnson collided with Larsen?
(a) The pronunciation of his name
(b) Larsen's navigational skills
(c) Larsen's bullying tactics
(d) The Cook's food
2. What does Johansen tell Harrison to do?
(a) Steer the boat
(b) Go out the halyards
(c) Fetch the captain
(d) Raise the mast
3. What Japanese islands does the Ghost arrive at?
4. How long has Hump admired her work for?
(a) Two months
(b) Seven years
(c) Ten years
(d) Six months
5. What does Brewster urge Hump to do?
(a) Take decisive action
(b) Protect her
(c) Talk to the captain
(d) Leave the ship with her
6. Who does Larsen become possessive of?
7. What happens to Johnson and Leach by the end of the chapter?
(a) Larsen captures them
(b) They drown
(c) They are saved by a passing ship
(d) They escape
8. What does Hump see in Larsen's eyes?
(a) A glow of love
(b) A glow of lust
(d) The fires of hate
9. What does the narrator see Larsen reading?
(a) Ecco Homo
(b) The bible
(c) Fear and Trembling
(d) Das Capital
10. How does the narrator say Larsen treats his men?
(a) Like nothing
(b) Like prisoners
(c) Like children
(d) Like slaves
11. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
12. Who does Larsen take his anger out on?
13. What does the narrator say the sea becomes like by eleven o'clock?
(a) Like glass
(b) Like cling film
(c) Like marble
(d) Like foil
14. Which two men shoot at the deserters?
(a) Henderson and Smoke
(b) Harrison and Johnson
(c) Henderson and Larsen
(d) Holyoak and Harrison
15. What member of the crew does the narrator say he hates?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two crew members are the two particular members of Larsen's diabolic temper?
2. What does the narrator say Johnson is guilty of doing?
3. Who interrupts Brewster and Hump's conversation?
4. What is the boat called the hunters see in the distance?
5. What does the narrator liken himself to?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)