|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Johansen last write to his mother?
(a) Five years ago
(b) Two years ago
(c) Ten years ago
(d) Eight years ago
2. Who interrupts Brewster and Hump's conversation?
3. What does the narrator say the Ghost was built for?
(c) Carrying heavy goods
4. What does the narrator see Larsen reading?
(a) The bible
(b) Fear and Trembling
(c) Das Capital
(d) Ecco Homo
5. What two people does Hump watch?
(a) Holyoak and Larsen
(b) Kelly and Brewster
(c) Brewster and Larsen
(d) Harrison and Johansen
6. At what age did Johansen leave Sweden?
7. What does the narrator tell the captain he does for a living?
(a) He is a writer
(b) He is a student
(c) He is a gentleman
(d) He is a construction worker.
8. How does Johansen know his mother his still alive?
(a) She is never ill and still young
(b) She sent him a letter
(c) He met a fellow townsman in Chile
(d) He met her in Brazil
9. How long does the captain's headache last?
(a) Three days
(b) Two days
(c) One week
(d) Five days
10. What do the crew spot in the water?
(a) A dead body
(b) A whale
(c) Another ship
(d) A shark
11. Who does Larsen exclude from his table?
(c) The seal hunters
12. What does Johansen tell Harrison to do?
(a) Raise the mast
(b) Steer the boat
(c) Fetch the captain
(d) Go out the halyards
13. Who does Larsen become possessive of?
14. What does Larsen ask Hump to do in exchange for not killing Leach and Johnson?
(a) To help him escape the ship
(b) To find him a wife
(c) Never to try and kill him
(d) Give him money
15. Who does Leach ask Hump to find for him back in San Francisco?
(a) His daughter
(b) His wife
(c) His mother
(d) His father
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charley Furuthseth keep a cottage?
2. How many days away is Japan?
3. How long do Johnson and Leach pursue them for?
4. What does Brewster urge Hump to do?
5. What reason does Hump give Larsen for why the men are behaving so badly?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)