|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With his new device who does the captain say can now navigate the ship?
(a) A child
(c) A dog
(d) A woman
2. What does the captain ask the hunters for?
(a) A hunting knife
(b) A remedy for his headache
(c) A warm jacket
(d) A bottle of whiskey
3. How long can Brewster expect to be aboard the ship?
(a) Eight months
(b) Six months
(c) Four months
(d) Ten months
4. What do the crew spot in the water?
(a) A whale
(b) A dead body
(c) A shark
(d) Another ship
5. What relation is Death Larsen to Wolf Larsen?
6. How does the narrator describe Wolf Larsen's eyes?
(a) Large and handsome
(b) Sad and grey
(c) Huge and glaring
(d) Small and piglike
7. What does the narrator say the sea becomes like by eleven o'clock?
(a) Like cling film
(b) Like marble
(c) Like glass
(d) Like foil
8. How does Johansen know his mother his still alive?
(a) He met her in Brazil
(b) He met a fellow townsman in Chile
(c) She is never ill and still young
(d) She sent him a letter
9. Where are the life preservers stored?
(a) In the hold
(b) In the rescue boats
(c) Below deck
(d) In the cabin
10. Who does the narrator say the seal slaughter is for?
(a) The sailors
(c) The Japanese government
(d) The fashion industry
11. What does the narrator say the Ghost was built for?
(d) Carrying heavy goods
12. Why does hunting become dangerous?
(a) The men are under attack from Japanese hunters
(b) The have lost their weapons
(c) Bears are roaming the islands
(d) Fog sets in
13. What two people does Hump watch?
(a) Harrison and Johansen
(b) Holyoak and Larsen
(c) Brewster and Larsen
(d) Kelly and Brewster
14. How many boats will the hunters use?
15. Who does the narrator say Larsen is worse off than?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump advise Brewster to do?
2. What does the narrator say knowing Larsen helps him understand?
3. How does the narrator say Larsen treats his men?
4. What does the narrator say that Larsen is?
5. What does the narrator say he has never placed placed proper value upon?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)