|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say the captain suffers?
(a) As wild animals do
(b) Like a runover cat
(c) Like a man stricken with consumption
(d) Like a clubbed seal
2. Who does Larsen become possessive of?
3. What does the narrator say that Larsen is?
(a) A socialist
(b) A materialist
(c) A womanizer
(d) A fascist
4. Who does Larsen exclude from his table?
(b) The seal hunters
5. What reason does Hump give Larsen for why the men are behaving so badly?
(a) Cabin fever
(b) Too many hours working
(c) Larsen's domineering nature
(d) A lack of food
6. Why is Larsen angry?
(a) Hump has taken Maud's attention away from him
(b) He has a headache
(c) The food is horrible
(d) The ship has been blown off course
7. Where are the life preservers stored?
(a) In the rescue boats
(b) In the hold
(c) In the cabin
(d) Below deck
8. What does the narrator say the Ghost was built for?
(b) Carrying heavy goods
9. When did Johansen last write to his mother?
(a) Two years ago
(b) Five years ago
(c) Ten years ago
(d) Eight years ago
10. What does Leach tell Hump to do?
(a) Kill Larsen
(b) Leave the boat
(c) Go home
(d) Keep his mouth shut
11. What ocean is the Ghost sailing across?
(a) The Southern
(b) The Atlantic
(c) The Pacific
(d) The Indian
12. What does the narrator say he is suffering from?
(c) Sea sickness
13. What does the narrator say Harrison gives the appearance of?
(a) A snake
(b) A tiny fly
(c) A enormous spider
(d) A scorpion
14. What does the narrator say the sea becomes like by eleven o'clock?
(a) Like glass
(b) Like marble
(c) Like cling film
(d) Like foil
15. What does the narrator liken himself to?
(a) A nobleman
(b) A scarecrow
(c) A distinguished author
(d) A tramp
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump say will happen if he tries to change things?
2. What does Hump advise Brewster to do?
3. What member of the crew is clinging to his life?
4. Who skippers the Macedonia?
5. What is the name of the ferry steamer?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)