|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the stout gentlemen is reading?
(a) The Fisherman
(b) The Atlantic
(c) The New York Times
(d) The Ferry Boater
2. Who does the narrator say the seal slaughter is for?
(b) The sailors
(c) The fashion industry
(d) The Japanese government
3. What member of the crew is clinging to his life?
4. What is the Cook's full name?
(a) Bill Mugridge
(b) Thomas Mugridge
(c) Phillip Yonson
(d) Davide Johnson
5. What relation is Death Larsen to Wolf Larsen?
6. How long has Hump admired her work for?
(a) Six months
(b) Seven years
(c) Ten years
(d) Two months
7. What does the narrator say his task is during the slaughter of the seals?
(a) To reel in the seals
(b) To tally the pelts
(c) To skin the seals
(d) To cook seal soup
8. What member of the crew does the narrator say he hates?
9. Who interrupts Brewster and Hump's conversation?
10. How does Johansen know his mother his still alive?
(a) He met a fellow townsman in Chile
(b) She is never ill and still young
(c) She sent him a letter
(d) He met her in Brazil
11. How does the narrator say the sailors now see the Ghost after the attempted mutiny?
(a) An oppressive regime
(b) A soulless ship
(c) A funless ship
(d) A hell ship
12. Who does the narrator say were always about him?
(a) His dogs
(b) His mother and sisters
(c) The sailors
13. How long can Brewster expect to be aboard the ship?
(a) Six months
(b) Eight months
(c) Ten months
(d) Four months
14. What does Leach tell Hump to do?
(a) Kill Larsen
(b) Go home
(c) Leave the boat
(d) Keep his mouth shut
15. When did Johansen last write to his mother?
(a) Ten years ago
(b) Five years ago
(c) Eight years ago
(d) Two years ago
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump advise Brewster to do?
2. What Japanese islands does the Ghost arrive at?
3. What does the captain do while Leach and Johnson drown?
4. What kind of boat does the captain have?
5. What direction does the Ghost now follow?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)