|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Brewster and Hump's conversation?
2. What does Larsen ask Hump to do in exchange for not killing Leach and Johnson?
(a) To help him escape the ship
(b) Give him money
(c) Never to try and kill him
(d) To find him a wife
3. Who does Larsen exclude from his table?
(d) The seal hunters
4. What does Brewster urge Hump to do?
(a) Leave the ship with her
(b) Talk to the captain
(c) Protect her
(d) Take decisive action
5. What does the narrator hear Larsen groaning?
(a) God! God! God!
(b) Jesus save me
(c) The devil has my soul
(d) Cleanse my soul
6. What does Hump say Brewster's body is the finished product of?
(a) Two beautiful people
(b) Great minds
(c) The finest artists
(d) The finest civilisation
7. How long does the captain's headache last?
(a) Three days
(b) Five days
(c) One week
(d) Two days
8. At what age did Johansen leave Sweden?
9. What is the boat called the hunters see in the distance?
(a) The Macedonia
(b) The Georgian
(c) The Moldova
(d) King Edward
10. What does the captain ask the hunters for?
(a) A bottle of whiskey
(b) A hunting knife
(c) A remedy for his headache
(d) A warm jacket
11. Who skippers the Macedonia?
(a) Iron Maiden
(b) Frank Black
(c) Jack Black
(d) Death Larsen
12. How many days away is Japan?
(a) A day
(b) Two days
(c) Four days
(d) Eight days
13. Which two crew members are the two particular members of Larsen's diabolic temper?
(a) Johnson and Holyoak
(b) Hump and Leach
(c) Harrison and Johnson
(d) Leach and Johnson
14. What does Hump see in Larsen's eyes?
(a) A glow of lust
(b) The fires of hate
(c) A glow of love
15. Who does the narrator say were always about him?
(b) His dogs
(c) His mother and sisters
(d) The sailors
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say his task is during the slaughter of the seals?
2. Where are the life preservers stored?
3. What does the captain do while Leach and Johnson drown?
4. How long can Brewster expect to be aboard the ship?
5. What does the narrator say Wolf Larsen dedicates himself to after the attempted mutiny?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)