Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Larsen kick Hump?
(a) He threatens to leave the boat
(b) He spits in his face
(c) He refuses to work
(d) He throws the ashes into a wind
2. What is the name of the ferry steamer?
(b) San Fran Dan
(c) Lilly Pad
3. What direction does the Ghost now follow?
4. How long has Hump admired her work for?
(a) Six months
(b) Ten years
(c) Seven years
(d) Two months
5. What does the narrator hear Larsen groaning?
(a) The devil has my soul
(b) Jesus save me
(c) God! God! God!
(d) Cleanse my soul
6. How long does the captain's headache last?
(a) One week
(b) Two days
(c) Five days
(d) Three days
7. What does Hump see in Larsen's eyes?
(a) The fires of hate
(b) A glow of lust
(d) A glow of love
8. What happens to Johnson and Leach by the end of the chapter?
(a) Larsen captures them
(b) They escape
(c) They drown
(d) They are saved by a passing ship
9. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
10. What position does the captain give the narrator?
(a) Second mate
(b) Cabin boy
(c) First mate
11. What does the narrator say Harrison gives the appearance of?
(a) A enormous spider
(b) A tiny fly
(c) A scorpion
(d) A snake
12. When did Johansen last write to his mother?
(a) Ten years ago
(b) Two years ago
(c) Five years ago
(d) Eight years ago
13. What does Larsen ask the cook to be careful of?
(a) Storing the meat
(b) Fat content
(c) His health
(d) The quality of his cooking
14. Who skippers the Macedonia?
(a) Death Larsen
(b) Jack Black
(c) Frank Black
(d) Iron Maiden
15. What does Hump advise Brewster to do?
(a) Kill the captain
(b) Keep near him
(c) Pretend to enjoy Larsen's company
(d) Leave the ship
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say the sailors now see the Ghost after the attempted mutiny?
2. What does the narrator say Johnson is guilty of doing?
3. What does Larsen ask Hump to do in exchange for not killing Leach and Johnson?
4. What relation is Death Larsen to Wolf Larsen?
5. How many boats are there?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)