|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say the sailors now see the Ghost after the attempted mutiny?
(a) A funless ship
(b) A hell ship
(c) An oppressive regime
(d) A soulless ship
2. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
3. What does Hump see in Larsen's eyes?
(a) A glow of lust
(c) The fires of hate
(d) A glow of love
4. What does the narrator say he is suffering from?
(d) Sea sickness
5. What does Larsen philosophize about?
(a) Seal hunting
(b) His brother's behavior
(c) His own death
6. Why does Larsen kick Hump?
(a) He spits in his face
(b) He refuses to work
(c) He threatens to leave the boat
(d) He throws the ashes into a wind
7. What does Hump say Brewster's body is the finished product of?
(a) The finest artists
(b) Great minds
(c) The finest civilisation
(d) Two beautiful people
8. What does the narrator say Johnson is guilty of doing?
(a) Stealing food
(d) Speaking his mind
9. Who approaches Hump on deck?
10. What does the narrator tell the captain he does for a living?
(a) He is a student
(b) He is a writer
(c) He is a construction worker.
(d) He is a gentleman
11. What does the narrator say knowing Larsen helps him understand?
(a) Cabin fever
(c) Scandinavian myths
12. What is leach and Johnson only alternative to capsizing?
(a) To rejoin the Ghost
(b) To throw there supplies aboard
(c) To jump into the sea
(d) To stay close to the ship
13. What does the narrator hear Larsen groaning?
(a) Jesus save me
(b) God! God! God!
(c) The devil has my soul
(d) Cleanse my soul
14. Where was Brewster's ship heading for?
15. How many boats are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the Ghost was built for?
2. What does Larsen ask the cook to be careful of?
3. Why is Larsen angry?
4. What is the Cook's full name?
5. What does Hump say will happen if he tries to change things?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)