|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brewster urge Hump to do?
(a) Talk to the captain
(b) Leave the ship with her
(c) Protect her
(d) Take decisive action
2. At what age did Johansen leave Sweden?
3. How many boats will the hunters use?
4. What two people does Hump watch?
(a) Holyoak and Larsen
(b) Kelly and Brewster
(c) Brewster and Larsen
(d) Harrison and Johansen
5. What does the narrator hear Larsen groaning?
(a) The devil has my soul
(b) God! God! God!
(c) Cleanse my soul
(d) Jesus save me
6. What does Larsen ask Hump to do in exchange for not killing Leach and Johnson?
(a) To find him a wife
(b) To help him escape the ship
(c) Give him money
(d) Never to try and kill him
7. How long has Hump admired her work for?
(a) Seven years
(b) Two months
(c) Ten years
(d) Six months
8. What does Hump say Brewster's body is the finished product of?
(a) Two beautiful people
(b) The finest civilisation
(c) The finest artists
(d) Great minds
9. Why does Larsen kick Hump?
(a) He refuses to work
(b) He threatens to leave the boat
(c) He throws the ashes into a wind
(d) He spits in his face
10. What relation is Death Larsen to Wolf Larsen?
11. What does the narrator say Johnson is guilty of doing?
(b) Stealing food
(c) Speaking his mind
12. What ocean is the Ghost sailing across?
(a) The Atlantic
(b) The Indian
(c) The Southern
(d) The Pacific
13. How many boats are there?
14. What does the narrator say his task is during the slaughter of the seals?
(a) To skin the seals
(b) To reel in the seals
(c) To tally the pelts
(d) To cook seal soup
15. What Japanese islands does the Ghost arrive at?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Larsen angry?
2. What does Leach ask Hump the bearing for?
3. What does the narrator liken himself to?
4. Who skippers the Macedonia?
5. What does Hump say will happen if he tries to change things?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)