|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What desire does the narrator say he experiences for the first time?
2. Who does Larsen take his anger out on?
3. How does the narrator describe Wolf Larsen's eyes?
(a) Sad and grey
(b) Small and piglike
(c) Huge and glaring
(d) Large and handsome
4. What does the narrator say he sees leaning out of the pilot house?
(a) A white bearded man
(b) A terror stricken woman
(c) A monkey
(d) A terror stricken sailor
5. Which two men shoot at the deserters?
(a) Harrison and Johnson
(b) Henderson and Larsen
(c) Henderson and Smoke
(d) Holyoak and Harrison
6. What is the name of the ferry steamer?
(c) Lilly Pad
(d) San Fran Dan
7. How does the narrator say Larsen treats his men?
(a) Like slaves
(b) Like prisoners
(c) Like nothing
(d) Like children
8. At what age did Johansen leave Sweden?
9. What does the narrator liken himself to?
(a) A nobleman
(b) A scarecrow
(c) A tramp
(d) A distinguished author
10. With his new device who does the captain say can now navigate the ship?
(b) A child
(c) A woman
(d) A dog
11. Which character talks in his sleep?
12. How long has Hump admired her work for?
(a) Six months
(b) Seven years
(c) Two months
(d) Ten years
13. What does Hump say will happen if he tries to change things?
(a) He survives
(b) He gets beaten
(c) He dies
(d) He becomes captain
14. How long can Brewster expect to be aboard the ship?
(a) Eight months
(b) Four months
(c) Ten months
(d) Six months
15. What is the Cook's full name?
(a) Phillip Yonson
(b) Davide Johnson
(c) Thomas Mugridge
(d) Bill Mugridge
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Johnson and Leach pursue them for?
2. Which two crew members are the two particular members of Larsen's diabolic temper?
3. What does the captain do while Leach and Johnson drown?
4. Who skippers the Macedonia?
5. How many boats will the hunters use?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)