|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Harrison gives the appearance of?
(a) A enormous spider
(b) A snake
(c) A scorpion
(d) A tiny fly
2. What does Larsen order his men to do to Mugridge?
(a) Put him in the hold
(b) Beat him
(c) Tow him
(d) Drown him in soup
3. What does the narrator liken himself to?
(a) A distinguished author
(b) A scarecrow
(c) A nobleman
(d) A tramp
4. How many boats will the hunters use?
5. What is the name of the ferry steamer?
(b) San Fran Dan
(d) Lilly Pad
6. What does the narrator say he sees leaning out of the pilot house?
(a) A white bearded man
(b) A monkey
(c) A terror stricken sailor
(d) A terror stricken woman
7. What is the boat called the hunters see in the distance?
(a) King Edward
(b) The Macedonia
(c) The Moldova
(d) The Georgian
8. What does Leach ask Hump the bearing for?
9. Why does Larsen kick Hump?
(a) He throws the ashes into a wind
(b) He refuses to work
(c) He threatens to leave the boat
(d) He spits in his face
10. How many days away is Japan?
(a) Eight days
(b) Four days
(c) Two days
(d) A day
11. What does Larsen ask the cook to be careful of?
(a) The quality of his cooking
(b) Fat content
(c) Storing the meat
(d) His health
12. How does the narrator say the sailors now see the Ghost after the attempted mutiny?
(a) A funless ship
(b) A soulless ship
(c) A hell ship
(d) An oppressive regime
13. What does Hump advise Brewster to do?
(a) Keep near him
(b) Leave the ship
(c) Pretend to enjoy Larsen's company
(d) Kill the captain
14. With his new device who does the captain say can now navigate the ship?
(b) A dog
(c) A child
(d) A woman
15. Who does Leach ask Hump to find for him back in San Francisco?
(a) His wife
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) His daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charley Furuthseth read to rest his brain?
2. What member of the crew is clinging to his life?
3. What does Mugridge do to Larsen?
4. Who does the narrator say were always about him?
5. What does the narrator hear Larsen groaning?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)