|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One does Hump say Larsen is a culmination of?
(a) All savagery
(b) The greatest loves
(c) All the hate in the world
(d) All honorable maidens
2. What does the narrator tell the captain he does for a living?
(a) He is a writer
(b) He is a gentleman
(c) He is a construction worker.
(d) He is a student
3. What is the boat called the hunters see in the distance?
(a) The Moldova
(b) The Macedonia
(c) The Georgian
(d) King Edward
4. What does the narrator say Harrison gives the appearance of?
(a) A scorpion
(b) A enormous spider
(c) A snake
(d) A tiny fly
5. What does the narrator say his task is during the slaughter of the seals?
(a) To skin the seals
(b) To cook seal soup
(c) To reel in the seals
(d) To tally the pelts
6. When did Johansen last write to his mother?
(a) Five years ago
(b) Two years ago
(c) Eight years ago
(d) Ten years ago
7. Who does Larsen exclude from his table?
(d) The seal hunters
8. What does the narrator say the stout gentlemen is reading?
(a) The New York Times
(b) The Ferry Boater
(c) The Atlantic
(d) The Fisherman
9. What ocean is the Ghost sailing across?
(a) The Indian
(b) The Atlantic
(c) The Southern
(d) The Pacific
10. What does Hump say happens if he does nothing?
(a) He dies
(b) He survives
(c) He gets promoted
(d) People like him
11. At what age did Johansen leave Sweden?
12. Who does Larsen take his anger out on?
13. What does the narrator say the sea becomes like by eleven o'clock?
(a) Like glass
(b) Like foil
(c) Like cling film
(d) Like marble
14. What does Hump say Brewster's body is the finished product of?
(a) The finest artists
(b) The finest civilisation
(c) Two beautiful people
(d) Great minds
15. What does the narrator say the Ghost was built for?
(c) Carrying heavy goods
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Johansen know his mother his still alive?
2. What does Larsen ask Hump to do in exchange for not killing Leach and Johnson?
3. Which two men shoot at the deserters?
4. What two people does Hump watch?
5. Why has Johnson collided with Larsen?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)