|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larsen want to keep Brewster aboard as?
(a) A cook
(b) A lover
(c) A mascot
(d) A slave
2. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
3. What does Larsen order his men to do to Mugridge?
(a) Put him in the hold
(b) Tow him
(c) Beat him
(d) Drown him in soup
4. How long do Johnson and Leach pursue them for?
(a) Three hours
(b) Four hours
(c) Ten hours
(d) Two hours
5. How long does the captain's headache last?
(a) Three days
(b) One week
(c) Two days
(d) Five days
6. Who interrupts Brewster and Hump's conversation?
7. What does Larsen ask the cook to be careful of?
(a) The quality of his cooking
(b) Fat content
(c) His health
(d) Storing the meat
8. What does the narrator say Harrison gives the appearance of?
(a) A snake
(b) A scorpion
(c) A tiny fly
(d) A enormous spider
9. What does the narrator tell the captain he does for a living?
(a) He is a writer
(b) He is a gentleman
(c) He is a construction worker.
(d) He is a student
10. How many days away is Japan?
(a) Four days
(b) Eight days
(c) A day
(d) Two days
11. What does the narrator say Wolf Larsen dedicates himself to after the attempted mutiny?
(a) Hanging the guilty
(b) A life of sun and fun
(c) Reading the bible
(d) Making the sailor's lives a misery
12. What member of the crew does the narrator say he hates?
13. What does the narrator see Larsen reading?
(a) The bible
(b) Das Capital
(c) Fear and Trembling
(d) Ecco Homo
14. What is the boat called the hunters see in the distance?
(a) The Georgian
(b) The Macedonia
(c) King Edward
(d) The Moldova
15. Why does Larsen kick Hump?
(a) He spits in his face
(b) He throws the ashes into a wind
(c) He refuses to work
(d) He threatens to leave the boat
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two crew members are the two particular members of Larsen's diabolic temper?
2. What does the narrator say that Larsen is?
3. Who does Larsen exclude from his table?
4. What position does the captain give the narrator?
5. What does Hump say happens if he does nothing?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)