|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mugridge before they pull him back on board?
(a) The rope strangles him
(b) He drowns
(c) He escapes
(d) A shark eats his feet
2. Who do the captain and Hump find on the look out?
3. What two people does Hump watch?
(a) Brewster and Larsen
(b) Harrison and Johansen
(c) Holyoak and Larsen
(d) Kelly and Brewster
4. How does the narrator describe Wolf Larsen's eyes?
(a) Huge and glaring
(b) Small and piglike
(c) Large and handsome
(d) Sad and grey
5. One does Hump say Larsen is a culmination of?
(a) All honorable maidens
(b) All savagery
(c) The greatest loves
(d) All the hate in the world
6. What relation is Death Larsen to Wolf Larsen?
7. What direction does the Ghost now follow?
8. What does the narrator say Johnson is guilty of doing?
(b) Stealing food
(d) Speaking his mind
9. What member of the crew is clinging to his life?
10. What does the narrator say the stout gentlemen is reading?
(a) The Ferry Boater
(b) The Fisherman
(c) The New York Times
(d) The Atlantic
11. What does the narrator say he sees leaning out of the pilot house?
(a) A terror stricken woman
(b) A monkey
(c) A white bearded man
(d) A terror stricken sailor
12. What does Leach tell Hump to do?
(a) Go home
(b) Kill Larsen
(c) Leave the boat
(d) Keep his mouth shut
13. When did Johansen last write to his mother?
(a) Two years ago
(b) Eight years ago
(c) Five years ago
(d) Ten years ago
14. Who does the narrator say Larsen is worse off than?
15. How many days away is Japan?
(a) Four days
(b) Two days
(c) A day
(d) Eight days
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Larsen angry?
2. What does the narrator say that Larsen is?
3. What does the captain do while Leach and Johnson drown?
4. What does the narrator say Harrison gives the appearance of?
5. Why does hunting become dangerous?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)