|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Japanese islands does the Ghost arrive at?
2. Who does the narrator say were always about him?
(b) The sailors
(c) His dogs
(d) His mother and sisters
3. What does the narrator say Harrison gives the appearance of?
(a) A tiny fly
(b) A enormous spider
(c) A snake
(d) A scorpion
4. What position does the captain give the narrator?
(a) First mate
(b) Cabin boy
(c) Second mate
5. What happens to Johnson and Leach by the end of the chapter?
(a) Larsen captures them
(b) They escape
(c) They drown
(d) They are saved by a passing ship
6. What ocean is the Ghost sailing across?
(a) The Pacific
(b) The Indian
(c) The Southern
(d) The Atlantic
7. What is leach and Johnson only alternative to capsizing?
(a) To jump into the sea
(b) To rejoin the Ghost
(c) To stay close to the ship
(d) To throw there supplies aboard
8. What does the narrator see Larsen reading?
(a) Fear and Trembling
(b) The bible
(c) Ecco Homo
(d) Das Capital
9. What does the captain ask the hunters for?
(a) A remedy for his headache
(b) A hunting knife
(c) A bottle of whiskey
(d) A warm jacket
10. Why does hunting become dangerous?
(a) Bears are roaming the islands
(b) The men are under attack from Japanese hunters
(c) Fog sets in
(d) The have lost their weapons
11. Where are the life preservers stored?
(a) Below deck
(b) In the hold
(c) In the cabin
(d) In the rescue boats
12. What does Leach tell Hump to do?
(a) Go home
(b) Kill Larsen
(c) Keep his mouth shut
(d) Leave the boat
13. What does the narrator say the stout gentlemen is reading?
(a) The Fisherman
(b) The New York Times
(c) The Ferry Boater
(d) The Atlantic
14. With his new device who does the captain say can now navigate the ship?
(a) A child
(b) A dog
(c) A woman
15. What does the narrator tell the captain he does for a living?
(a) He is a student
(b) He is a construction worker.
(c) He is a writer
(d) He is a gentleman
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say the seal slaughter is for?
2. What does the narrator hear Larsen groaning?
3. What does Hump advise Brewster to do?
4. How long can Brewster expect to be aboard the ship?
5. Which two crew members are the two particular members of Larsen's diabolic temper?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)