|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hump say Brewster's body is the finished product of?
(a) The finest civilisation
(b) The finest artists
(c) Great minds
(d) Two beautiful people
2. What does the captain ask the hunters for?
(a) A remedy for his headache
(b) A bottle of whiskey
(c) A warm jacket
(d) A hunting knife
3. Who does Charley Furuthseth read to rest his brain?
(a) Nietzsche and Schopenhauser
(c) Marx and Engels
(d) Roald Dahl
4. What does the narrator see Larsen reading?
(a) The bible
(b) Ecco Homo
(c) Das Capital
(d) Fear and Trembling
5. What does the narrator say his task is during the slaughter of the seals?
(a) To tally the pelts
(b) To reel in the seals
(c) To skin the seals
(d) To cook seal soup
6. What kind of boat does the captain have?
(a) A dingey
(b) A raft
(c) A row boat
(d) A sail boat
7. How long do Johnson and Leach pursue them for?
(a) Four hours
(b) Two hours
(c) Three hours
(d) Ten hours
8. What does Hump say happens if he does nothing?
(a) People like him
(b) He survives
(c) He dies
(d) He gets promoted
9. What does the narrator say the Ghost was built for?
(b) Carrying heavy goods
10. What position does the captain give the narrator?
(a) Cabin boy
(b) Second mate
(c) First mate
11. What does the narrator liken himself to?
(a) A nobleman
(b) A distinguished author
(c) A tramp
(d) A scarecrow
12. What does the narrator say he is suffering from?
(b) Sea sickness
13. Who does Larsen take his anger out on?
14. How does Johansen know his mother his still alive?
(a) He met a fellow townsman in Chile
(b) He met her in Brazil
(c) She sent him a letter
(d) She is never ill and still young
15. Who does Hump recognize Maud Brewster as?
(a) A famous east coast poet
(b) A famous model
(c) A famous film star
(d) His sister's friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What two people does Hump watch?
2. What is the name of the ferry steamer?
3. What does the captain do while Leach and Johnson drown?
4. What do the crew spot in the water?
5. What does Larsen philosophize about?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)