|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Larsen order his men to do to Mugridge?
(a) Put him in the hold
(b) Beat him
(c) Drown him in soup
(d) Tow him
2. What does Larsen do instead of reacting to Hump's dirk?
(a) Turns to apologize to brewster
(b) Looks at the time
(c) Holds his head in agony
(d) Answers his mobile
3. How does Hump help Larsen to communicate?
(a) Gives him paper and a pen
(b) Teaches him makaton
(c) Develops a new language consisting of groans
(d) Teaches him sign language
4. How does Johansen know his mother his still alive?
(a) He met her in Brazil
(b) She is never ill and still young
(c) He met a fellow townsman in Chile
(d) She sent him a letter
5. What does Larsen leave the table to do?
(a) Navigate the ship
(b) To address his brother
(c) Address his men
(d) Go to the bathroom
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hump and Brewster beach comb for?
2. What does the narrator say his task is during the slaughter of the seals?
3. What do Brewster and Hump decide it is best to do at night?
4. What does Larsen ask Hump for?
5. What does Larsen do when Brewster and Hump come aboard to inspect the damp?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)