|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What desire does the narrator say he experiences for the first time?
2. What do Larsen and Brewster talk about at dinner?
(a) The ethics of seal hunting
(b) The poetry of Emily Dickinson
(c) How to navigate a ship
(d) The nature of temptation and the soul
3. When did Johansen last write to his mother?
(a) Ten years ago
(b) Two years ago
(c) Five years ago
(d) Eight years ago
4. How long can Brewster expect to be aboard the ship?
(a) Six months
(b) Eight months
(c) Ten months
(d) Four months
5. How does Hump start a fire?
(a) With a shotgun shell
(b) With two pieces of flint
(c) With his cigarette lighter
(d) With a stick
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hump not express to Brewster?
2. Who appears on the ship's companionway?
3. Where does Charley Furuthseth keep a cottage?
4. What does the narrator say the Ghost was built for?
5. What does Hump say Brewster's body is the finished product of?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)