|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the captain he does for a living?
(a) He is a writer
(b) He is a construction worker.
(c) He is a student
(d) He is a gentleman
2. What does the narrator hear Larsen groaning?
(a) Cleanse my soul
(b) Jesus save me
(c) The devil has my soul
(d) God! God! God!
3. How does Johansen know his mother his still alive?
(a) He met a fellow townsman in Chile
(b) He met her in Brazil
(c) She sent him a letter
(d) She is never ill and still young
4. Which two crew members are the two particular members of Larsen's diabolic temper?
(a) Johnson and Holyoak
(b) Hump and Leach
(c) Harrison and Johnson
(d) Leach and Johnson
5. What does Larsen ask Hump to do in exchange for not killing Leach and Johnson?
(a) Never to try and kill him
(b) Give him money
(c) To help him escape the ship
(d) To find him a wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brewster urge Hump to do?
2. What is the name of the ferry steamer?
3. What does Johansen tell Harrison to do?
4. How does the narrator describe Wolf Larsen's eyes?
5. What is leach and Johnson only alternative to capsizing?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)