|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Johnson is guilty of doing?
(a) Speaking his mind
(c) Stealing food
2. Why does Larsen kick Hump?
(a) He throws the ashes into a wind
(b) He refuses to work
(c) He threatens to leave the boat
(d) He spits in his face
3. Who does the narrator say were always about him?
(b) The sailors
(c) His dogs
(d) His mother and sisters
4. What happens to Johnson and Leach by the end of the chapter?
(a) They escape
(b) They are saved by a passing ship
(c) They drown
(d) Larsen captures them
5. What does the narrator liken himself to?
(a) A nobleman
(b) A tramp
(c) A scarecrow
(d) A distinguished author
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ferry steamer?
2. How long does the captain's headache last?
3. Who does Leach ask Hump to find for him back in San Francisco?
4. How long do Johnson and Leach pursue them for?
5. How does the narrator say the captain suffers?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)