|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Larsen kick Hump?
(a) He throws the ashes into a wind
(b) He threatens to leave the boat
(c) He spits in his face
(d) He refuses to work
2. Where are the life preservers stored?
(a) In the cabin
(b) Below deck
(c) In the rescue boats
(d) In the hold
3. How does Johansen know his mother his still alive?
(a) She is never ill and still young
(b) She sent him a letter
(c) He met her in Brazil
(d) He met a fellow townsman in Chile
4. How does the narrator describe Wolf Larsen's eyes?
(a) Huge and glaring
(b) Small and piglike
(c) Sad and grey
(d) Large and handsome
5. Who does the narrator say were always about him?
(a) His dogs
(b) His mother and sisters
(d) The sailors
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does the captain give the narrator?
2. What is the name of the ferry steamer?
3. Why has Johnson collided with Larsen?
4. What does the narrator say the stout gentlemen is reading?
5. When did Johansen last write to his mother?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)