|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he sees leaning out of the pilot house?
(a) A white bearded man
(b) A terror stricken sailor
(c) A terror stricken woman
(d) A monkey
2. Why does Larsen kick Hump?
(a) He refuses to work
(b) He throws the ashes into a wind
(c) He threatens to leave the boat
(d) He spits in his face
3. How does the narrator say Larsen treats his men?
(a) Like prisoners
(b) Like slaves
(c) Like children
(d) Like nothing
4. What does the narrator hear Larsen groaning?
(a) Cleanse my soul
(b) The devil has my soul
(c) God! God! God!
(d) Jesus save me
5. How many boats are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ferry steamer?
2. How many boats will the hunters use?
3. What does the narrator tell the captain he does for a living?
4. What position does the captain give the narrator?
5. Who does Charley Furuthseth read to rest his brain?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)