|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With his new device who does the captain say can now navigate the ship?
(a) A child
(b) A woman
(d) A dog
2. Why does hunting become dangerous?
(a) Fog sets in
(b) Bears are roaming the islands
(c) The men are under attack from Japanese hunters
(d) The have lost their weapons
3. How does the narrator say Larsen treats his men?
(a) Like nothing
(b) Like slaves
(c) Like prisoners
(d) Like children
4. How big is the prominence in circumference?
(a) 5 miles
(b) 10 miles
(c) 25 miles
(d) 100 miles
5. What does Larsen order his men to do to Mugridge?
(a) Beat him
(b) Put him in the hold
(c) Tow him
(d) Drown him in soup
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator say the seal slaughter is for?
2. What happens to Johnson and Leach by the end of the chapter?
3. What position does the captain give the narrator?
4. How does the narrator say the captain suffers?
5. What reason does Hump give Larsen for why the men are behaving so badly?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)